Photo Submission Guidelines
Sharing photos of your experience with the people that run the activity!
Did you have a great time? Do you have photos of yourself, your family or your friends on an activity you bought through Zerve? Would you like to share those photos with the people that ran that activity?
They would love to see them, and might even want to highlight some of your best photos on the Zerve pages about their activities.
Who can share images?
Anyone who has attended the activity, who has purchased their tickets through Zerve and is in good standing in the Zerve community, can share photos. If you share your photos, the Seller who runs the activity might choose to highlight some of your photos on the Zerve pages about their activities so that other customers can check them out too!
What should I share?
Please share photos that will help the Seller showcase their activities. For example:
- Photos of memorable or unique portions of the activity
- Photos of you, your family or your friends enjoying the activity
- Photos of the people that ran the activity
- Gorgeous scenes from the activity that your photos bring alive
Feel free to include captions for your photos as well. You are not required to include captions, but they can provide great context if you have time to write a few words. If you want to identify anyone in the photo… first names only, please!
If your photos are selected by the Seller so that they appear on their Zerve pages for the activities they run, your Zerve member name may be displayed along with the photo.
What shouldn’t I share?
Please be respectful of others who may look at your photos and those who are in your photos. For example, do not share:
- Images for which you do not own the rights. (For example, that means don’t upload pictures you didn’t take unless you have the photographer’s permission. Additionally make sure that everyone who appears in the photo has agreed to have their picture used in this way.)
- Images including personal phone numbers, home addresses, email addresses, website addresses, credit card information or governmental IDs. In general, since these photos may be selected for viewing by the public, please do not include any personal information that you would not want publicly available.
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, commercials, promotions or other solicitations.
- Photos of any children, unless you’re their parent or guardian or have the express permission of their parent or guardian.
- Obscene images.
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read. (Pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions.
Where will my images appear?
The Seller may select any of the photos you submit for use on the Zerve pages related to the activities they run. If they do, these images will be available publicly on these pages. You may not be notified if the Seller selects any of your photos and displays them on their Zerve pages.
If the Seller does not select your photos for display, then they will not display publicly on their Zerve pages.
Reminder: You are submitting your photos subject to these Guidelines and the Photo Submission Agreement; your photos may be highlighted or cropped, or portions of the picture or caption may be altered.
If the Seller wants to contact you about any of your photos, Zerve has built an email forwarding system that will allow them to reach out to you.
What information about me will be displayed if any of my photos are displayed on the site?
Your Zerve member name will appear with your photos. Your photos may also be associated with the date of the activity and any captions written by you or the Seller.
What should I write in a caption?
Feel free to include a caption for any or all of the photos you submit — in fact please do if you have an extra minute! Some ways you can use the caption area are to add to the context of the photo or add additional thoughts about the activity. And of course, you can be creative! Keep in mind that the Seller may alter your caption, write their own caption instead, or choose not to display a caption at all.
Can I remove a photo, after I have submitted it, from the Seller’s page on Zerve?
You can remove any photo you’ve previously uploaded by signing into Zerve and accessing your account page. From there, you will have the ability to remove any of your uploaded images.
Alright, I’m convinced! How do I share my photos with the Seller?!?
You share your photos by clicking links to “Upload your photo” wherever they appear on Zerve pages.
If you are eligible, you will then be asked to select photos from your computer and upload them. Uploading means sending a copy of the photo over the internet to Zerve. You will still have a copy on your computer.
What if I find an inappropriate photo on the site?
If you feel that a photo or a caption is offensive, an infringement of copyright, or otherwise violates Zerve’s Photo Submission Guidelines, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who owns the photos I upload?