Admire the last leaves of fall in all their splendor through the skylights of our ship’s heated and enclosed observatory, or while catching the breeze on her bow. Observe New York's most dramatic natural wonders and colorful foliage as the seasons change.
Highlights along the way of this 2.75-hour cruise include:
- The beautiful Upper West Side of Manhattan
- The majestic George Washington Bridge
- The orange, golden and brown leaves of fall
- Hudson River Valley up to the Tappan Zee Bridge
- Palisades Park, one of New York's most dramatic geological features
Join us on this autumn cruise out of the busy city of Manhattan north on the tree-lined, scenic Hudson River.
This cruise often sells out. If it is not available on the date you are seeking, consider the 'Official AIA Around Manhattan Architecture Tour' or 'Wine Tasting Cruises'.
What Is Not Included?
- Is food served during the cruise?
- A spectacular Fall Buffet Brunch Spread will be provided throughout the entire trip. The buffet is included in the ticket price.
- If the cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Cruises often sell out. A waiting list is kept for sold out trips and special events.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking on all the piers at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $22, and up to 4 hours is $32.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- While each cruise may differ due to wind and other conditions, we do try to follow the following route: Travel north bound on the Hudson River, sailing through the upper west side of Manhattan, the Majestic George Washington Bridge, the orange, golden and brown leaves of the Fall season, the Palisades Park land and Hudson River Valley up to Dobbs Ferry, and much more!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A complimentary beverage is provided.
- Is the Luxury Yacht Manhattan safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooner Adirondack, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- No, once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it rains?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Manhattan is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the Manhattan is not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the and on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
She was constructed right here New York state by Scarano Boat Building in 2005. We take great pride in her New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York beers, wines, cheeses, produce, and local baked goods aboard her decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, the Manhattan can accommodate up to 50 for dinner or 75 for passed hors d’ oeuvres. She features an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. She is equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.