Over 5,000 happy guests can't be wrong!
Tour some of the most iconic undead locations from our luxury coach. We love zombies, so join us on this 3-hour tour of the best zombie hangouts including locations from:
- The Walking Dead, S2 & 3
- Pet Sematary 2
This is an ever-changing tour, so you never know what you might see!
PLEASE NOTE: ALL GUESTS (LIVING OR ZOMBIE) MUST PURCHASE A TICKET. NO EXCEPTIONS. THIS INCLUDES CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages
- Guide gratuities are not included but are greatly appreciated
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Hernandez031||Sat, Nov 28 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I am not a Walking Dead fan; however, my husband is, so I decided to get the tour tickets for him. He was very happy with the tour and I became intrigued by the sets that we saw. I still don't know that I want to watch the show, but it was fun seeing a little behind-the-scenes.
A Must for TRUE Walking Dead Fans
|ginalarocque||Sun, Nov 22 2:30 PM||Unspecified||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
It was really cool to be able to step onto some of the actual sets from the show. Also liked that our guide actually works on the show as a Walker. He was able to tell us some really interesting stories and facts.
For walking dead fans
|jlee34||Sat, Nov 21 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Our tour guide was great. He was very knowledgeable and made it and enjoyable experience. The places we visited were incredible. Actually being where they shot scenes or episodes, and that the weren't just constructed sets. If you have a few hours to kill it is something worth your time. If you love the Walking Dead that is.
Loved it so much, we are coming back in May 2016
|BarbaraLaw||Sat, Nov 21 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Tour guide was awesome. Learned and saw so much. We are coming back in May 2016 to do it again and have a little more day light.
Wonderful! Well worth the money!
|Delmoro||Sat, Nov 21 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
We had the best time! It was awesome to see all the different places things were done. Our guide, Michael, was wonderful. He was very informative and used his experiences on the show to paint a clear view of what goes on behind and during the scenes. He had such great people skills and genuinely cared about our experience as fans. I'll definitely go back for future tours. I was on the big zombie tour 2, but will definitely go back for the first one and the next one! If you are a true zombie fan this is the tour for you!!
Zombie 2 Tour was excellent
|pzaokopny||Fri, Nov 20 2:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Tour was better than advertised. Guides were very knowledgeble and related all sites we saw to the exact season and episode of the show. Enjoyed it a lot!
|mtalbot||Fri, Nov 20 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We did both tours in one day and really enjoyed the places we saw on this one. We saw where the Gov.and Rick met, where Merle died, Morgan's apt. the Gov. fighting arena and the walls of Alexandria. Our guide was a zombie so had lots of great details about the job. It was well worth the journey to Senoia!!
|San_dra||Fri, Nov 20 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
The BEST $65.00 I've ever spent and epic tour!!!
I did The Big Zombie Tour II which was in Woodbury, the real town of Senoia, GA, and see scenes from The Walking Dead (Season 2 and 3 my favorite seasons) and Zombieland were filmed. Mainly The Walking Dead! :)
I signed up a month in advance online (buy tickets at Zerve, which is safe and user friendly) because they will sell out!
You print your tickets and present the day of in the Woodbury Shoppe. There was a certain time you had to meet the bus. They are strict on time, so make sure to get there when expected. Dress comfortably and they will stop by the gas station for you to pick up snacks. They do provide water.
There were two tour guides which were really friendly (also a huge fan of the show). Our main tour guide was Kent Wagner. Hero Walker for Seasons 5 Episodes 1 and 4. He was super cool and the only person I listened to the whole story/descriptions while taking pictures on location. Usually I zone out and just take pictures without listening, but Kent was not boring and kept the crowd going/entertained.
We stopped by many places- Senoia (did not get out of the bus), Sharpsburg (did not get out of the bus), Newnan (You will see Terminus, but will not get out of the bus, however once you get to the fighting arena (Mocking Jay and Remake of Footloose was filmed there) you will get out of the bus), Grandville (Morgan's apartment and where he placed his booby traps), and last Haralson (episode 2 and three) where Darryl's brother got killed and first meeting of the governor and Rick. There were many more places we stopped, it's hard to remember... It's a 3 hour detailed trip!! Sorry, you don't go to Hershel's Farm :( At the time I went, they wrapping up some filming in Woodbury (which gates where highly secured)
There were no bad/boring parts of this tour and the 13 people that was on the same bus with me seemed to enjoy themselves.
Everything was to perfection. Now I was sorry that I didn't do the The Big Zombie Tour I first. I look forward to doing next year!!
I highly recommend Atlanta Movie Tours (they do other tours besides The Walking Dead, visit website). I would go more into detail because my love for the show, but I will keep it simple and say this... it's worth it!!!
Amazing tour for fans!!
|Holcombe311||Sat, Nov 14 2:30 PM||Unspecified||30-39||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We enjoyed every minute and had a great tour guide who gave us lots of behind the scene info, as he was an extra on the show. it was so much fun!
|martinewm||Mon, Nov 9 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I are hardcore Walking Dead fans and enjoyed the tour tremendously. Walking through the sites was a marvelous experience. Our tour guide, a hero walker, was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. We loved hearing about the intricacies of moving making. Apparently Georgia is becoming quite the movie hub (the later Hunger Games movie). Strolling down Woodbury was great. The tour centered on the Governor's season and seasons 5 & 6 with Alexandria and the wall. The location is quite amazing, right in the middle of Senoia, with neighborhoods surrounding the walled community. It was a wonderful experience!
- Do I have to puchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- Does my infant/toddler need a ticket?
- Yes. Everyone must purchase a ticket. No exceptions. If you are a living, breathing body you must have a ticket. And yes, if you are part of the Walking Dead, you too, must have a ticket.
- How is The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 different from the Part 1 Tour?
- The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 visits filming locations in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. The focus on this tour are locations from The Walking Dead Seasons 2 & 3, Zombieland, and Pet Sematary 2. The locations visited during part 1 are in downtown Atlanta and featured in The Walking Dead Season 1 and Zombieland.
- Are there any age restrictions for those wanting to take the tour?
- All ages are welcome! There is no minimum age for the tour. Every guest must purchase a ticket - NO EXCEPTIONS. . Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do you make provisions for handicapped guests?
- Yes. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. There are portions of the tours that occur on foot, but all surfaces should be safe for wheelchairs. The bus is not equipped with a lift and we ask that you notify us in advance if there are special arrangements needed.
- What should I wear?
- Be advised that you will literally be walking in the very places where zombies and other stars walked. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will thank us later. While it’s a new bus, the air-conditioning tends to be a bit bi-polar so please bring a pull-over if you tend to get cold.
- May we tip our guide?
- Of course! If you think your guide was incredible, we absolutely encourage tips.
- Are tickets refundable?
- No, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
- How much walking is involved?
- We do about a quarter mile of walking on this tour. There is some slightly rough terrain, but nothing too severe.
- Do we enter the prison or farmhouse?
- No. The farmhouse is owned by a family and our policy is to not take guests to private residences, out of respect for the families that live there. The prison is in the studio, and we will not be going there either. However, I promise you a tour that will make you very, very happy!
- How large are the luxury coaches?
- Our coaches seat between 30-50 passengers. We chose coaches that would encourage plenty of Q & A with our guides.
- What does the 'transportation' extra include?
- The round trip transportation includes transportation between the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 (Atlanta) and the start of the Big Zombie Tour Part 2 (Senoia). You will be returned to the starting location in Atlanta at the end of your Big Zombie Tour Part 2.
- Where does the transportation leave from?
- The round trip transportation begins and ends at the Atlanta Movie Tours storefront - 327 Nelson Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Please note that this is the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1. You are more than welcome to use the round trip transportation if you are not attending the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 - you just need to be at this location at 12:30pm.
- May I bring my own refreshments?
- The coaches are stocked with water and we try to stop at least once for a restroom/refreshment break. There is no eating or outside coolers allowed on the bus.
- Will I see a star?
- You never know who you might run into. Bring a camera and be prepared. We ask that you only take stills. Thanks in advance.
- How can I become an extra in movies and then become one of your awesome guides?
- Great tips are here: http://www.squidoo.com/become-a-movie-extra-in-atlanta. What’s filming, wrapped and how to become an extra so check it out!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a group or custom tour?
- Absolutely! To inquire about a group or custom tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact ATLMovies" link on the left hand side.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tour. We leave PROMPTLY on time.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour leaving to check in. This should give you plenty of time to find us, use the restroom and do a little shopping before your tour leaves. WE DO NOT HOLD THE TOURS FOR LATE ARRIVALS. To ensure you can find us, please visit our Tips page for directions to our shop.
Atlanta Movie Tours
We have been featured in:
Conde Nast Traveler
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Walking Dead Locations
Air Tran GO Magazine
Whether you are in town for a convention, vacation or family reunion, Atlanta Movie Tours has something for everyone!
Atlanta Movie Tours is the first of its kind in Atlanta and you can trace the footsteps of your favorite television and movie characters as you board a luxury coach to all your favorite film locations. Our entertaining tour guides have been on these sets and will give you the inside scoop and exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, plus the chance to walk away with trivia prizes!
Whether you are a fan of the classics, rom-coms, reality t.v., zombies or films in general, this is the tour for you! Not to mention it’s some of the best sightseeing out there with some hidden spots even locals don’t know about! It’s also the perfect tour for convention groups, family reunions and corporate team-building.
As movie & television fans ourselves, we are thrilled that so many productions have fallen in love with our beautiful city and state. To be able to share Atlanta with visitors through Atlanta Movie Tours is icing on the cake! ~Carrie Burns & Patti Davis, co-founders