Over 5,000 happy guests can't be wrong!
Tour some of the most iconic undead locations from our luxury coach. We love zombies, so join us on this 3-hour tour of the best zombie hangouts including locations from:
- The Walking Dead, S2 & 3
- Pet Sematary 2
This is an ever-changing tour, so you never know what you might see!
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages
- Guide gratuities are not included but are greatly appreciated
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Good time, good information, I was expecting more
|BoDurham1||Tue, Mar 24 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Good time, good information, I was expecting more
Atlanta Movie Tours responded:
Thanks for taking the time to review your experience on the Big Zombie Tour Part 2. We would love to hear what fell short for you in detail so we may incorporate your ideas for future tours. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
|kelguest||Tue, Mar 24 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
fun tour. You are able to see some areas that just walking around you would not be able to see. Our tour guide was a zombie on the show so he had some insider knowledge that we would not have heard otherwise . If you want a chance to possible see some of the stars try to go during filming season May - November , Monday- Friday. But do realize you will be on the bus and won't be able to meet them unless it is a special tour.
|treves007||Sun, Mar 22 2:30 PM||Male||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This was by far the best tour we have gone on. It showed us everywhere we could possibly want to see and more. Since it will be updated with the tv series, we will return soon!
Fantastic Tour...Especially as a fan of TWD
|deadfan1586||Sat, Mar 21 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I heard about this tour while searching for things to do while my husband and I were in the Atlanta area for our anniversary. As huge fans of the show, this was a no brainer! The tour guide (Michael) and another lady (Cindy...not sure of the exact title) were fantastic! They were so nice and were super great about making sure people on the opposite side of the bus were able to get good pictures. Cindy even took pictures for us! Michael was very informative about the show and we really enjoyed the inside stories about his experience working with the show. My husband and I are already talking about when we will take the Part 1 tour and even taking this tour again!
The Big Zombie Tour #2
|JP122826||Fri, Mar 20 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My family & I loved this tour. Being big fans of the Walking Dead, it was very exciting to see some of the sites in person. We loved the use of the clips from the series to tie everything together. The host were very friendly & informative. We can't wait to come back for part 3! Tour well worth the money if true fans!
|ricklepley||Fri, Mar 20 2:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My wife and I trully enjoyed this tour. The guides were great!
|walkthedead||Wed, Mar 18 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
If you love the walking dead, you will love this tour. There were 4 of us, on a couple vacation, we all are dead fans, and would recommend this to anyone that is a fan. The tour guide Charlie was absolutly fantastic, and the tour was one of a kind. It was great to experience where they tape the episodes. We were disappointed that we didn't get to do Part 1, didn't realize it was spring break and they were sold out, but were very satisfied with Part 2. Looking forward toi going back to atlanta to do Part 1. Love the walking dead.
Seriously love and worth the money!
|KateGalyon||Sun, Mar 15 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I surprised my husband for his bday! We did the big zombie tour part 2! Loved Michael and Cindy and randy! Can't wait to do another one! Highly recommend
Fun and informative!
|ls01474||Sun, Mar 15 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Combination||Couple on a Date|
Great tour! Very enthusiastic guide who knows so much about TWD
Amazing Walking Dead Experience!
|mjorn_||Sat, Mar 14 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Michael was an amazing host and I cannot emphasise how awesome this tour was. We got to see Alexandria, Woodbury, and a whole host of filming locations that were surreal to see in real life (some of which were only available to the Big Zombie tours). We learned about what it takes to make a walker and plenty of fun facts about the show. Would highly recommend to every Walking Dead fan :)
- Do I have to puchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- How is The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 different from the Part 1 Tour?
- The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 visits filming locations in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. The focus on this tour are locations from The Walking Dead Seasons 2 & 3, Zombieland, and Pet Sematary 2. The locations visited during part 1 are in downtown Atlanta and featured in The Walking Dead Season 1 and Zombieland.
- Are there any age restrictions for those wanting to take the tour?
- All ages are welcome! There is no minimum age for the tour. Every guest must purchase a ticket - NO EXCEPTIONS. . Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do you make provisions for handicapped guests?
- Yes. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. There are portions of the tours that occur on foot, but all surfaces should be safe for wheelchairs. The bus is not equipped with a lift and we ask that you notify us in advance if there are special arrangements needed.
- What should I wear?
- Be advised that you will literally be walking in the very places where zombies and other stars walked. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will thank us later. While it’s a new bus, the air-conditioning tends to be a bit bi-polar so please bring a pull-over if you tend to get cold.
- May we tip our guide?
- Of course! If you think your guide was incredible, we absolutely encourage tips.
- Are tickets refundable?
- No, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
- How much walking is involved?
- We do about a quarter mile of walking on this tour. There is some slightly rough terrain, but nothing too severe.
- Do we enter the prison or farmhouse?
- No. The farmhouse is owned by a family and our policy is to not take guests to private residences, out of respect for the families that live there. The prison is in the studio, and we will not be going there either. However, I promise you a tour that will make you very, very happy!
- How large are the luxury coaches?
- Our coaches seat between 30-50 passengers. We chose coaches that would encourage plenty of Q & A with our guides.
- What does the 'transportation' extra include?
- The round trip transportation includes transportation between the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 (Atlanta) and the start of the Big Zombie Tour Part 2 (Senoia). You will be returned to the starting location in Atlanta at the end of your Big Zombie Tour Part 2.
- Where does the transportation leave from?
- The round trip transportation begins and ends at the Atlanta Movie Tours storefront - 327 Nelson Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Please note that this is the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1. You are more than welcome to use the round trip transportation if you are not attending the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 - you just need to be at this location at 12:30pm.
- May I bring my own refreshments?
- The coaches are stocked with water and we try to stop at least once for a restroom/refreshment break. There is no eating or outside coolers allowed on the bus.
- Will I see a star?
- You never know who you might run into. Bring a camera and be prepared. We ask that you only take stills. Thanks in advance.
- How can I become an extra in movies and then become one of your awesome guides?
- Great tips are here: http://www.squidoo.com/become-a-movie-extra-in-atlanta. What’s filming, wrapped and how to become an extra so check it out!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a group or custom tour?
- Absolutely! To inquire about a group or custom tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact ATLMovies" link on the left hand side.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tour. We leave PROMPTLY on time.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour leaving to check in. This should give you plenty of time to find us, use the restroom and do a little shopping before your tour leaves. WE DO NOT HOLD THE TOURS FOR LATE ARRIVALS. To ensure you can find us, please visit our Tips page for directions to our shop.
Atlanta Movie Tours
We have been featured in:
Conde Nast Traveler
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Walking Dead Locations
Air Tran GO Magazine
Whether you are in town for a convention, vacation or family reunion, Atlanta Movie Tours has something for everyone!
Atlanta Movie Tours is the first of its kind in Atlanta and you can trace the footsteps of your favorite television and movie characters as you board a luxury coach to all your favorite film locations. Our entertaining tour guides have been on these sets and will give you the inside scoop and exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, plus the chance to walk away with trivia prizes!
Whether you are a fan of the classics, rom-coms, reality t.v., zombies or films in general, this is the tour for you! Not to mention it’s some of the best sightseeing out there with some hidden spots even locals don’t know about! It’s also the perfect tour for convention groups, family reunions and corporate team-building.
As movie & television fans ourselves, we are thrilled that so many productions have fallen in love with our beautiful city and state. To be able to share Atlanta with visitors through Atlanta Movie Tours is icing on the cake! ~Carrie Burns & Patti Davis, co-founders