Over 5,000 happy guests can't be wrong!
Tour some of the most iconic undead locations from our luxury coach. We love zombies, so join us on this 3-hour tour of the best zombie hangouts including locations from:
- The Walking Dead, S2 & 3
- Pet Sematary 2
This is an ever-changing tour, so you never know what you might see!
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages
- Guide gratuities are not included but are greatly appreciated
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Exciting and lots of fun
|Dbarthel85||Sun, Mar 1 2:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Lots of fun when planned ahead
Awesome if u love walking dead This is a must!
|Timcole20||Sun, Mar 1 2:30 PM||Male||40-49||Unspecified||Family With Children|
My son his friend and myself loved the tour all the locations and the tour guide was awesome !!!! Mike rocks!!
Walking Dead Dream
|Biker7||Sat, Feb 28 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Unspecified||Unspecified|
For anyone who enjoys the Walking Dead series, this tour is a "must do". The tour guide, Michael Jaegers, was able to really give us wonderful insights into the filming and crew fun. His knowledge of the show and the industry really made the tour very interesting and fun for everyone from the children to the adults. The stops along the tour of shooting sites were backed up by film clips on the bus. Michael described for us the way the episodes were shot in such a way that you really got a feel for the complexities of making the show. All of the stops along the tour were from key episodes that viewers easily recognized. I absolutely wouldn't tour Sonoia as a Walking Dead fan without taking this tour - you just do not get the insight without it.
Amazing Tour with Great Insider Info!
|ingen77||Sat, Feb 21 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We had Michael Jaegers as our tour guide and he was phenomenal! So funny and full of information! I got great pictures of sites from The Walking Dead! The tour was jam-packed with great stops, interesting stories and photo ops galore! All of my friends and family are jealous just looking at the pictures I took! I would HIGHLY recommend taking the tour, especially with Michael as your guide!
|chipgieger||Sat, Feb 21 2:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Three of us took my son, who is a HUGE Walking Dead fan, on his bachelor trip and booked this tour. It was probably one of the best experiences he has had. He was so excited to see all the sets and to experience the show first hand. The tour guide was exceptional and made it a truly exception experience. Recommend it to all Walking Dead fans!!
Atlanta Movie Tours responded:
Congratulations to the Bride and Groom! What a fabulous way to celebrate a bachelor party! Thanks so much for joining us and allowing us to show you a wonderfully dead time!!
|Jeremy1520||Fri, Feb 20 2:30 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This tour takes place about 30 miles from Atlanta. It's starts in "Woodbury". Great little town with so much to see so plan to spend more time walking around and visiting outside of the tour. Every TWD fan should plan this trip. You won't be disappointed.
Amazing fun - even for not-yet Walking Dead Fans!
|Xtinesampson||Sun, Feb 15 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
When my son (15) and I visited Atlanta, my sister and her husband found his tour for all of us. We thought my son would like it... Turned out we all loved it AND became big fans of the show. The guide made the 3 hour tour go super fast with lots of inside info. These details made watching the show much more fun. Would recommend this tour to anyone!
Great tour, big TWD fans!!!
|tammylvader||Sun, Feb 15 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
We are TWD fans, and excited that filming is local( we are from Macon, Warner Robins areas), excited about visiting the "sets" where it all happened!! Informational, entertaining, we all had a blast! Our guide was even a "walker" for the last 4 seasons so far and shared his stories with the actors!! We are already planning another tour to see the Zombie #1 your, and have recruited more people to go by sharing our pictures!!just remember if you go to the 2:30 tour , get there early to shop, b/c they close at 5! And you must see the TWD museum!!
Tour guide played a huge role!
|McLean6034||Sun, Feb 15 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We really enjoyed the tour. Michael was our tour guide and he was awesome!
Awesome for fans of The Walking Dead
|rodneysmiley||Sat, Feb 14 2:30 PM||Male||40-49||Combination||Group of Friends|
True, if you're not "in" the world of The Walking Dead, AMT's Big Zombie Tours probably aren't for you. But if you are in the least bit a fan, these tours are fantastic. I've taken both BZ tours (Atlanta, and Senoia) and enjoyed both immensely.
Funny enough, I had the same tour guide, Charlie (aka Professor Woodchuck) both times. And I'm glad I did - he's awesome. Engaging, funny, informational - and working in 'the business" makes his experiences unique.
- Do I have to puchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- How is The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 different from the Part 1 Tour?
- The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 visits filming locations in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. The focus on this tour are locations from The Walking Dead Seasons 2 & 3, Zombieland, and Pet Sematary 2. The locations visited during part 1 are in downtown Atlanta and featured in The Walking Dead Season 1 and Zombieland.
- Are there any age restrictions for those wanting to take the tour?
- All ages are welcome! There is no minimum age for the tour. Every guest must purchase a ticket - NO EXCEPTIONS. . Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do you make provisions for handicapped guests?
- Yes. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. There are portions of the tours that occur on foot, but all surfaces should be safe for wheelchairs. The bus is not equipped with a lift and we ask that you notify us in advance if there are special arrangements needed.
- What should I wear?
- Be advised that you will literally be walking in the very places where zombies and other stars walked. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will thank us later. While it’s a new bus, the air-conditioning tends to be a bit bi-polar so please bring a pull-over if you tend to get cold.
- May we tip our guide?
- Of course! If you think your guide was incredible, we absolutely encourage tips.
- Are tickets refundable?
- No, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
- How much walking is involved?
- We do about a quarter mile of walking on this tour. There is some slightly rough terrain, but nothing too severe.
- Do we enter the prison or farmhouse?
- No. The farmhouse is owned by a family and our policy is to not take guests to private residences, out of respect for the families that live there. The prison is in the studio, and we will not be going there either. However, I promise you a tour that will make you very, very happy!
- How large are the luxury coaches?
- Our coaches seat between 30-50 passengers. We chose coaches that would encourage plenty of Q & A with our guides.
- What does the 'transportation' extra include?
- The round trip transportation includes transportation between the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 (Atlanta) and the start of the Big Zombie Tour Part 2 (Senoia). You will be returned to the starting location in Atlanta at the end of your Big Zombie Tour Part 2.
- Where does the transportation leave from?
- The round trip transportation begins and ends at the Atlanta Movie Tours storefront - 327 Nelson Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Please note that this is the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1. You are more than welcome to use the round trip transportation if you are not attending the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 - you just need to be at this location at 12:30pm.
- May I bring my own refreshments?
- The coaches are stocked with water and we try to stop at least once for a restroom/refreshment break. There is no eating or outside coolers allowed on the bus.
- Will I see a star?
- You never know who you might run into. Bring a camera and be prepared. We ask that you only take stills. Thanks in advance.
- How can I become an extra in movies and then become one of your awesome guides?
- Great tips are here: http://www.squidoo.com/become-a-movie-extra-in-atlanta. What’s filming, wrapped and how to become an extra so check it out!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a group or custom tour?
- Absolutely! To inquire about a group or custom tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact ATLMovies" link on the left hand side.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tour. We leave PROMPTLY on time.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour leaving to check in. This should give you plenty of time to find us, use the restroom and do a little shopping before your tour leaves. WE DO NOT HOLD THE TOURS FOR LATE ARRIVALS. To ensure you can find us, please visit our Tips page for directions to our shop.
Atlanta Movie Tours
We have been featured in:
Conde Nast Traveler
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Walking Dead Locations
Air Tran GO Magazine
Whether you are in town for a convention, vacation or family reunion, Atlanta Movie Tours has something for everyone!
Atlanta Movie Tours is the first of its kind in Atlanta and you can trace the footsteps of your favorite television and movie characters as you board a luxury coach to all your favorite film locations. Our entertaining tour guides have been on these sets and will give you the inside scoop and exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, plus the chance to walk away with trivia prizes!
Whether you are a fan of the classics, rom-coms, reality t.v., zombies or films in general, this is the tour for you! Not to mention it’s some of the best sightseeing out there with some hidden spots even locals don’t know about! It’s also the perfect tour for convention groups, family reunions and corporate team-building.
As movie & television fans ourselves, we are thrilled that so many productions have fallen in love with our beautiful city and state. To be able to share Atlanta with visitors through Atlanta Movie Tours is icing on the cake! ~Carrie Burns & Patti Davis, co-founders