Over 5,000 happy guests can't be wrong!
Tour some of the most iconic undead locations from our luxury coach. We love zombies, so join us on this 3-hour tour of the best zombie hangouts including locations from:
- The Walking Dead, S2 & 3
- Pet Sematary 2
This is an ever-changing tour, so you never know what you might see!
PLEASE NOTE: ALL GUESTS (LIVING OR ZOMBIE) MUST PURCHASE A TICKET. NO EXCEPTIONS. THIS INCLUDES CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks and beverages
- Guide gratuities are not included but are greatly appreciated
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
The most fun you'll have!
|kevinschen||Sun, Apr 19 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The Big Zombie Tour 2 was amazingly fun and eye-opening. Our tour guide, Michael, is so full of knowledge and energy. He made the experience truly memorable. We visited so many places in and around Senoia that were featured on The Walking Dead. The town of Woodbury, Alexandria and Terminus were all features of the tour (you don't get to go in but you can see the outside). In between, we saw many more great little spots that have significance to the show. Just being there felt amazing. Michael was on set for many interesting parts of the show and hearing his perspective on the filming experience was so exciting. This tour was money well spent! I can't wait till they create The Big Zombie Tour Part III - we'll be back for it!
Some tips: We did Zombie Tour Part I in the morning and Part II in the afternoon. If you are doing the back-to-back tours, you probably won't be eating until about 12:50pm or 1pm when you get to Senoia. There are places to eat near the Walking Dead store and we had about an hour of free time before Part II convened at the bus. We really enjoyed the food at Katie Lou's Cafe which is down the block from the Walking Dead store/cafe -- it was shockingly delicious. If you aren't taking the Atlanta Movie Tour bus down from Atlanta to Senoia, there is plenty of parking, but just make sure you give yourself plenty of time. We purchased the transport bus trip down and it made things very easy. They even play an episode of The Walking Dead for the 50 minute ride.
|jxatruch||Sun, Apr 19 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Michael is great, he describes everything with such passion, I recommend it to any fans and non-fans out there.
It's A Must If You're A Walking Dead Fan!
|prapp3||Sun, Apr 19 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
Fantastic tour! Michael made this a very memorable experience. Access to the filming locations was great but the stories about the cast/crew made it well worth the visit. Highly recommend for all fans of the show!
|beetschen||Sat, Apr 18 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
lot of fun
|Shelly5827||Sat, Apr 18 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
This was my 2 nd tour had a great time. Can't wait for the 3rd one to be added, because I will be back.
Fun and informative tour of TWD!!
|debsanfan||Thu, Apr 16 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We had a great tour with Charlie, who was a "walker" in the show. He had all kinds of neat stories and info. to share. Things you would never know unless it came from experience! We enjoyed seeing so many of the locations and I was surprised to go to Grantville to Morgan's apartment and the cafe. I was just going to go to Grantville on my own and then I found out about this tour. Highly recommend, although I wish I had watched some of the episodes again as a refresher of what I was seeing, but not necessary! Don't miss this great trip to "Woodbury" and a tiny glimpse of "Alexandria" as they were still working on it, so you could't get close, but could see the wall and some buildings. Really fun and worth the money!
WOODBURY WAS GREAT
|MATTDAGNAN||Thu, Apr 16 2:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Loved the town. Would love to live there. The tour was worth the time and money. I would like to get a group of friends together and do it again.
|kloweryj||Sat, Apr 11 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
It was the best tour a "dead head" could ask for. We had access to many sites that hosted many different seasons. Michael our tour guide had so much insider knowledge and it was a blast! We truly thank you for the amazing time!!!!
Pleasant and Interesting Day!
|jefflroberts||Sat, Apr 11 2:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
More interesting sites and more friendly and entertaining people! We went on part 2 the day after we did part 1. I'm glad we split our tours into two days because this part involved a lot more driving and riding and we were pretty exhausted at the end of the day. It took us close to an hour to get to Senoia where the tour started from Atlanta and there was plenty to see there before and after the tour so plan for this to be an all day experience. The tour starts in Senoia which is where the Woodbury stuff and the Alexandria stuff is filmed. There is plenty to see in this town alone. The tour took us to other towns with other sites, including Morgan's apartment, the zombie arena from the Woodbury season, and the barn where the Governor and Rick met. Even though it was quite a bit of riding, it was well worth it! Our guide for part 2 was also a regular zombie on the show and very friendly and had plenty of experience and stories to tell. It was a great time all around and would highly recommend for any fan!
Tour 2 was a total disappointment.
|TINA0920||Fri, Apr 10 2:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
I took the Zombie Tour 1&2 on April 10th. It rained pretty much the whole time during Tour 1; however, Chaz was a great guide. I enjoyed his insight about the show The Walking Dead and how he encouraged participation from the group in the Q&A session. On a Scale of 1-10, his presentation was 10+! I just wished the weather had held up.
Tour 2 was a total disappointment. The tour guide was interrupted by Cindy on several occasions and she detoured the route several times to stop off at gas stations saying that they were breaks...Really (?). Her arrogance and interruptions ruined this tour for me. I believe that she thinks she is employed by AMC or Robert Kirkman and Gale Hurd. She was overheard bragging about cutting desired destinations (Elders Mill) from tour two, for whatever reason. I enjoyed what the guide had to say when he was able to get a word in edgewise, but please tell her to be quiet and let him talk more next time...I mean, he was the one who actually played a citizen of Woodbury.
Honestly, I had more fun doing the self guided tour the next day
Atlanta Movie Tours responded:
We are all truly baffled by this review. Cindy is one of most valued employees and is well loved by the majority of our guests. Some others have reviewed her, too:
"Michael and Cindy are awesome. They are caring and informative."
"The tour guide (Michael) and another lady (Cindy...not sure of the exact title) were fantastic! They were so nice and were super great"
"Loved Michael and Cindy and randy!"
"Charlie and Cindy did a great job!"
It is the job of our expediters to make sure the tour is running on time and update the route if need be. Cindy is a shining example of our amazing staff and we are so sorry you feel otherwise.
We are glad you enjoyed Part 1 with Charlie, another of our incredible staff.
- Do I have to puchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as tours often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- Does my infant/toddler need a ticket?
- Yes. Everyone must purchase a ticket. No exceptions. If you are a living, breathing body you must have a ticket. And yes, if you are part of the Walking Dead, you too, must have a ticket.
- How is The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 different from the Part 1 Tour?
- The Big Zombie Tour, Part 2 visits filming locations in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. The focus on this tour are locations from The Walking Dead Seasons 2 & 3, Zombieland, and Pet Sematary 2. The locations visited during part 1 are in downtown Atlanta and featured in The Walking Dead Season 1 and Zombieland.
- Are there any age restrictions for those wanting to take the tour?
- All ages are welcome! There is no minimum age for the tour. Every guest must purchase a ticket - NO EXCEPTIONS. . Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do you make provisions for handicapped guests?
- Yes. We want everyone to enjoy themselves. There are portions of the tours that occur on foot, but all surfaces should be safe for wheelchairs. The bus is not equipped with a lift and we ask that you notify us in advance if there are special arrangements needed.
- What should I wear?
- Be advised that you will literally be walking in the very places where zombies and other stars walked. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. You will thank us later. While it’s a new bus, the air-conditioning tends to be a bit bi-polar so please bring a pull-over if you tend to get cold.
- May we tip our guide?
- Of course! If you think your guide was incredible, we absolutely encourage tips.
- Are tickets refundable?
- No, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
- How much walking is involved?
- We do about a quarter mile of walking on this tour. There is some slightly rough terrain, but nothing too severe.
- Do we enter the prison or farmhouse?
- No. The farmhouse is owned by a family and our policy is to not take guests to private residences, out of respect for the families that live there. The prison is in the studio, and we will not be going there either. However, I promise you a tour that will make you very, very happy!
- How large are the luxury coaches?
- Our coaches seat between 30-50 passengers. We chose coaches that would encourage plenty of Q & A with our guides.
- What does the 'transportation' extra include?
- The round trip transportation includes transportation between the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 (Atlanta) and the start of the Big Zombie Tour Part 2 (Senoia). You will be returned to the starting location in Atlanta at the end of your Big Zombie Tour Part 2.
- Where does the transportation leave from?
- The round trip transportation begins and ends at the Atlanta Movie Tours storefront - 327 Nelson Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Please note that this is the ending location of the Big Zombie Tour Part 1. You are more than welcome to use the round trip transportation if you are not attending the Big Zombie Tour Part 1 - you just need to be at this location at 12:30pm.
- May I bring my own refreshments?
- The coaches are stocked with water and we try to stop at least once for a restroom/refreshment break. There is no eating or outside coolers allowed on the bus.
- Will I see a star?
- You never know who you might run into. Bring a camera and be prepared. We ask that you only take stills. Thanks in advance.
- How can I become an extra in movies and then become one of your awesome guides?
- Great tips are here: http://www.squidoo.com/become-a-movie-extra-in-atlanta. What’s filming, wrapped and how to become an extra so check it out!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a group or custom tour?
- Absolutely! To inquire about a group or custom tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact ATLMovies" link on the left hand side.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tour. We leave PROMPTLY on time.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour leaving to check in. This should give you plenty of time to find us, use the restroom and do a little shopping before your tour leaves. WE DO NOT HOLD THE TOURS FOR LATE ARRIVALS. To ensure you can find us, please visit our Tips page for directions to our shop.
Atlanta Movie Tours
We have been featured in:
Conde Nast Traveler
Atlanta Journal Constitution
Walking Dead Locations
Air Tran GO Magazine
Whether you are in town for a convention, vacation or family reunion, Atlanta Movie Tours has something for everyone!
Atlanta Movie Tours is the first of its kind in Atlanta and you can trace the footsteps of your favorite television and movie characters as you board a luxury coach to all your favorite film locations. Our entertaining tour guides have been on these sets and will give you the inside scoop and exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, plus the chance to walk away with trivia prizes!
Whether you are a fan of the classics, rom-coms, reality t.v., zombies or films in general, this is the tour for you! Not to mention it’s some of the best sightseeing out there with some hidden spots even locals don’t know about! It’s also the perfect tour for convention groups, family reunions and corporate team-building.
As movie & television fans ourselves, we are thrilled that so many productions have fallen in love with our beautiful city and state. To be able to share Atlanta with visitors through Atlanta Movie Tours is icing on the cake! ~Carrie Burns & Patti Davis, co-founders