During our fully narrated tour of Tempe Town Lake, you'll see and learn about:
- World-renowned special events, cultural venues and the beauty of the nature of the area
- Hayden Butte, known to many as "A Mountain", Town Lake Marina, Papago Park and the Mill Avenue District
- Technology, foresight and ingenuity of Tempe Town Lake (1965)
- What it was like before the lake was created
- Inflatable dams and floods
- The habitat of the area
- The bridges of Town Lake…present and future!
- ASU and Sun Devil Stadium
- Tempe Center of the Arts
- Much more!!
All new Segway i2's!! Ride green friendly transportation on our Segway tour of Tempe Town Lake!!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
A different and fun vacation excursion
|mzmargie||Tue, Mar 24 11:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The best part of course, was learning to ride the Segway, which is really easy. Jarrod did an entertaining job of instructing and telling the group Tempe history. This tour is about the Segway ride. Not the actual history stories. How much can you fit in in just a short amount of time. For the price, wish it were longer....
too many rules allways in a line.
|JacobCameron||Tue, Mar 17 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
It was like I was in 2nd grade wear this lame helmet when the instructor does not wear one. Don't go back ward, don't get close to anyone or thing. Don't go in the go fast go slow wait for everyone. LAME. the ride is fun but unless you like to be treated like a little kid find something else to do. you could rent a bike and ride around the lake. have lunch and rent a boat and go out on the lake for the same price and have a lot more fun.
|Gypsy11||Tue, Mar 10 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
We laughed so much, even when I fell off. It was great fun. Be sure to wear flat comfortable shoes!! The guide was knowledgeable about historic sites we went to. Recommend!!!!
|jhaupt63||Wed, Mar 4 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was a great tour. Our tour leader, Tiffany was great! She was very patient in teaching us how to use the Segway's and had no problem chasing us down when we had difficulties (some of us more than others! haha). The next time I would like to do a different one, but absolutely will request Tiffany. She could read our body language and just knew when we needed a break, just to stretch. You don't realize it at the time, but your feet get tired! We saw some very pretty sights and were highly entertained, not only by our own group, but by Tiffany as well. Great girl!
Anyway, just book it and request Tiffany! You won't be disappointed!
|Vickyelleray||Sat, Feb 21 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
Really enjoyed this event. Lindsey our guide was very informative and watched out for us. I live in Phoenix and I learned things about the area I didn't know. He was funny and very engaging. We had 4 ASU boys in our group and he handled them very well....I would have smacked them along the side the head for not following directions. He took us to areas that were very interesting and took the time to answer questions. I would highly recommend this even if you live in Phoenix!
Enthusastic Thumbs UP!
|desertdwelle||Sun, Jan 4 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Family Without Children|
Great Segway adventure. This was my second time in just a couple of months & I'll look forward to going again. A fun way to share a unique experience with visiting family or friends. Tiffany was our guide and is super - very professional. I would highly recommend.
Great experience, a fun way to try a Segway
|SherrieLyons||Fri, Dec 26, 14 11:00 AM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
We had a great tour of Tempe Town Lake with our adults sons on 12/26. We've wanted to try the Segway for some time and this was a great opportunity with Tiffany instructing us on how to best use the machine safely.
Tiffany was absolutely a hoot and we had a blast.
|Marylana1||Sat, Dec 6, 14 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Combination||Family Without Children|
It was our first time, our instruction from Tiffany was perfect. She was fun and energetic which made the experience so incredible. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Enthusiastic "thumbs up"!
|desertdwelle||Fri, Dec 5, 14 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Group of Friends|
Our group of 5 adults (all over 60) could not have had a better time! Tiffany was top notch as our leader/instructor. Can't wait to go again & share with others.
Lots of fun!
|kjonsson||Sun, Oct 5, 14 4:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
There were 4 in our group with no one else on the tour so that made it kind of extra special I think! Tiffany our guide was an excellent instructor and tour guide and she made it all fun! It was just totally great trying something new!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chance of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. You can do this using only Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Who can ride the Segway?
- Although riding a Segway is relatively easy, all riders be at least 16 years of age (an adult or guardian must accompany children under 18). Also, riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 265 pounds.
- I have children in my group that are under 16 years old. Can they still come on the tour?
- No, unfortunately children under the age of 16 are not permitted on the tour for safety reasons.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- What happens if it rains?
- If it rains, Segways are water resistant and we will provide ponchos, so we should still be able to go out. In the event that severe weather forces us to cancel, you will be able to reschedule your tickets subject to availability or receive credit for a future tour.
- Are pregnant women allowed to attend?
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
- How long are we actually on the Segway?
- The training takes about 30 minutes, so the tour will last for about an hour.
- Do Segways have the ability to store bags, purses?
- We have the ability to transport necessary items i.e. cameras, medications, etc. Segway of Tempe is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- How do I learn to ride a Segway PT ?
- All customers are required to take a 20-30 minute hands-on training session to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Riders are trained on Segway PT operation and emergency stops. All riders are required to wear a safety helmet.
- How safe is the Segway PT?
- The utmost care and research has gone into ensuring that the Segway PT is safe. The Segway PT's balancing technology is truly revolutionary and provides an exceptional riding experience. The Segway PT has redundant systems and sophisticated alerts built into its design, and many thousands of hours of use have demonstrated that the Segway PT is safe when used appropriately. It is important that Segway PT riders understand their responsibility to ride safely. Proper skill level and understanding of the Segway PT prevents injuries caused by loss of control or misuse.
- What's the difference between the morning and evening tours?
- The evening tours are timed so that you will see the sunset, and can take advantage of the cooler times of the day. Otherwise the tour routes are exactly the same!
- What is the Gen2 Segway Personal Transporter (PT) i2?
- On Monday, August 14, 2006, Segway released their second generation personal transporter (PT) with the model name i2. This machine utilizes new technology called LeanSteer which allows the rider to lean in the direction he/she would like to turn. The Segway keys have also been updated to include wireless capability.
- How fast can the Segways go?
- The Segway can go up to 12.5 mph, and we will allow you to go up to maximum speed on the tour. The tour route is a very safe environment with plenty of open space!
- How many people are in a tour group?
- We can have anywhere from 6 to 25 people in one group.
- I am a local - will I still enjoy the tour?
- Absolutely. Even if you're from the area, you will get firsthand experience of touring Tempe Town Lake, learning its history and seeing things you haven't seen from a unique perspective and in a way you've never tried before!
- Are food and drink available? What about souvenirs?
- There will be snacks and drinks available for purchase at the store (the starting point of the tour). T-shirts and ball caps are also available for purchase at the store. We will not stop along the route to purchase anything, though.
- How will I hear the tour guide’s commentary?
- Each rider will be provided with a top of the line headset unit, making it easy to hear the information being offered by the guide and guaranteeing an optimal tour experience.
- Will we go inside any of the locations?
- No, the tour is conducted entirely outdoors. We will, however, have many opportunities to take photos along the way!
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, a restroom will be available at the store at the start of the tour, and then at a rest stop about 20 minutes into the tour portion (50 minutes after the start time).
- Are rentals available?
- Unfortunately Segway rentals are not available. Try a tour instead!
- Can I arrange for a private/corporate/business event?
- Yes, we offer private group tours, up to 25 Segways, for corporate functions and private events. For more information, please click on the "Contact AZSegway" link.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact AZSegway" link.
- Can I buy a Segway?
- Yes! Segway of Tempe does offer Segway sales and service. Please click on the "Contact AZSegway" link and let us know what you're interested in.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must meet age and weight requirements.
- All Segway riders must be age 16 or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Each rider must weigh at least 100 pounds and no more than 265 pounds.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Participants under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver for them. Helmets are also required and are provided at no additional charge.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway of Scottsdale
When you’re looking for a thrill of a lifetime, Segway of Tempe has got the ideal tour for you! Our guided Segway tour will get you up close and personal to Tempe Town Lake's points of interest, and unlike a walking tour, you’ll cover much more ground as you effortlessly “glide” from place to place.