You will ride along the bike paths of the Charles River, through the North End, and past Boston's newest park, the Rose Kennedy Greenway. You will discover the unique character and charm of the city up close and in person, in a way only possible by bicycle!
This relaxing tour features:
- Beautiful views of Boston and Cambridge from the shores of the Charles River
- The Charles River Esplanade - Boston's riverfront paradise
- The North End - Boston's oldest residential, Italian neighborhood
- The Zakim Bridge
- "Old Ironsides" - the USS Constitution
Your tour includes an individually-fitted bike, helmet, water, and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide who will lead you on your travels. From the serene bike paths on the Charles River to the historic Charlestown Navy Yard, this family friendly tour is guaranteed to be a 'wheely' good time!
What Is Not Included?
While water will be provided, you might consider bringing a sports drink or snack. In the summer months, sunscreen and sunglasses are highly recommended!
Gratuity for guides is not included in the price and tips are greatly appreciated for a job well done.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|informavore7||Mon, Apr 25 2:00 PM||Unspecified||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We took the Tour de Boston. It was fantastic. The tour guides were very informative and kept us safe. I felt safer biking in Boston than my little NH town. The pace was great for both me and my 11-year-old. We can't wait to go back.
Great Ride - Sarah was an amazing tour guide
|bgrenier||Thu, Oct 22, 15 2:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We had a tour of boston with Sarah - cannot say enough about her - fun and knowledgeable
would do it again in a heart beat
A great way to see the whole city in 2 1/2 hours
|TSchmidt1||Tue, Oct 13, 15 2:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Andy did a great job making multiple stops along the ride explaining the city(cities) we rode through. A safe easy ride mostly off the streets. Worth every penny paid.
|eparker005||Sat, Aug 15, 15 2:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Excellent for family with kids
Great way to see the city
|amybrandli||Wed, Aug 5, 15 2:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Beautiful views along the water
It was great! Very nice guidance!
|Cassiano||Tue, Aug 20, 13 2:00 PM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Other|
We really appreciate the tour.
Always nice to visit the city with someone who really knows the place and of course by bike.
Great Time! Lots of fun!
|richardleenj||Sat, Jul 27, 13 2:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The tour guides were all very nice and knowledgeable. All of enjoyed the bike trip. It was the highlight of our trip to Boston. The green bikes are really cool! Wouldn't miss this tour if you are in Boston. Its a great way to experience this wonderful town so full of history. I strongly recommend you do this. Next time we are planning to ride the evening tour.
Enthusiastic and interesting tour guide
|TessaMurray||Sun, Apr 7, 13 2:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Tour guide, Bill, was polite, enthusiastic and full of interesting facts about the city. The bikes were in great shape and I appreciated the water bottle. As a beginner bike rider, I found the tour speed very manageable. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Fun in the sun
|DFannon||Fri, Sep 28, 12 2:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great way to see Boston. The city is really bike friendly and easy to navigate. Guides was enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
best way to experience and learn about boston
|CMCondon||Mon, Sep 24, 12 2:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
our guide was very personable and knowledgeable making our cycle thru the streets of boston that much more enjoyable .
- Are Urban AdvenTours for all levels of riders?
- This tour is our most beginner-friendly and avoids city streets as much as possible. Our only requirements for the Tour de Boston are that guests be able to ride a bicycle without training wheels, be able to ride in a bike lane, and be able to ride at a reasonable pace.
- Are the tours safe?
- Yes. Urban AdvenTours is a fully insured company. Be sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to departure time for bike adjustments and to ensure a safe and secure helmet fit. All bikes and helmets are brightly colored for high visibility and fully outfitted with reflective strips. The number of guides per tour is based on the number of participants riding to keep the tour safe and protected while moving at a comfortable pace. We usually have a ratio of one guide per six riders. UA staff can also provide advice for safe city riding.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance, either online or by phone. Tickets can be purchased through Zerve with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Am I required to sign a waiver?
- Yes. It is a requirement that all individuals participating with Urban AdvenTours agree to sign a waiver. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign for you. A waiver will be provided to each participant to sign before the tour by your guide.
- How does this tour differ from your Boston City View Tour?
- This tour is great for street-shy riders, as we'll stick more to bike paths and spend less time on the city streets. Both tours offer great views of Boston, but the City View gets more close-up, while the Tour de Boston sees them from a distance.
- Will there be food and beverages served on the tour?
- Urban AdvenTours will supply each rider with a bottle of water. Please bring a sports drink or snacks if you would like one. We will probably not make any stops for food or drink during the tour. We do, however, have food and drink for purchase at our shop!
- How long do the tours last?
- Tours generally last between 2 and 2.5 hours.
- Does this tour run after dark?
- This tour does not run past sunset.
- What if there is rain or inclement weather?
- Tours run in a light rain, however, in cases of severe or the potential for severe weather, Urban AdvenTours may cancel the tour up to one hour prior to departure. No refunds are issued for inclement weather, but rescheduling fees will be waived in these instances. Because weather is unpredictable, we highly recommend booking a tour or rental for the beginning of your stay in Boston to leave time to reschedule.
- Are there bathroom stops on the tour?
- You will be able to use the bathroom before the tour departs, but there is no designated bathroom stop on the tour.
- What happens if a bike is lost or stolen during a tour or rental?
- The customer is liable for the bicycle and will be responsible for the full retail cost of the bike rented.
- Is this a good tour for inexperienced cyclists?
- Yes! This tour is great for children and inexperienced riders, and is our most family friendly tour. It covers about 7-10 miles.
- Are children welcome on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour, but keep in mind that tours generally last about 2.5 hours. Kid bikes, "trailer" bikes, and child seats are all available. A private tour is also a great alternative for groups with children! Please note that Massachusetts State Law forbids children younger than 1 year from riding on a bicycle. Please add a note in your booking that you will have children attending so we can plan accordingly!
- What special arrangements can be made for my children to take the tour?
- The best thing you can do for your children is to book a private tour! We also have child-sized bikes, 'trailer bike' towing attachments, and baby seats available. Please let us know about your needs by using the "Contact AdvenTours" link or using the 'Send message to seller' function when purchasing tickets.
- What kinds of child attachments available for the bikes?
- Please contact us directly via the "Contact AdvenTours" link to inquire about attachments. We have child seats (attach to an adult's bike on a rack right behind the adult over the rear; for kids too young to ride a bike), Trail-a-bikes (attach to an adult’s bike on the seat post for children who are big enough to ride a bike, but may not be able to ride a without training wheels confidently or handle the pacing of a tour), and Burley trailers (can carry up to two children and up to 100 pounds, but are not available on public tours). Please contact us via the "Contact AdvenTours" link to inquire. Thank you!
- Can I bring my own bike on the tour?
- Yes, but only if the bike is in top-notch condition! (We do reserve the right to turn you away or ask you to use one of ours if your bike is not in good enough shape). There is no discounted rate for bringing your own bike, but we will give you a FREE Urban AdvenTours t-shirt upon arrival!
- Can I take my video camera on the tour?
- Can I rent a bike?
- Yes! If you'd like to a rent a bike, please check out our Tour Boston by Bicycle Self-Guided Rental activity by clicking "List of All Activities" to the left of the page.
- What if I am a local Bostonian? Do I have anything to gain from one of your tours?
- Of course! All of the locals who have taken our tours have said they learned something new, whether it be a new landmark or a new route. Our tours are also great for locals with out-of-town visitors who want to see the sites. It is a unique offering that will leave your guests thanking you for taking them off the beaten path of traditional tours.
- What is the maximum number of people on a tour?
- Our tours generally range from 5-10 people, though occasionally reach numbers between 20 and 30 during our busy season. Multiple tour guides ride on larger tours to ensure your safety and the quality of the experience. We can also split large tours into two separate groups.
- Can I rent a tandem bike?
- Yes, special arrangements can be made for a tandem bike, but you must contact the seller at least 24 hours in advance to do so. Please click the "Contact AdvenTours" link to inquire.
- Can I leave luggage at the shop?
- We can store personal articles, bags, or larger luggage during the day for customers on tour or renting bikes. We are not responsible for lost/damaged items. Sorry, but we cannot store anything overnight.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely. There is no better gift for a new student or new resident in the Boston area. It is a great way to help them become more acclimated to the city. Gift certificates are also great birthday, thank you, and anniversaries gifts. To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact AdvenTours" link.
- Do you offer custom private group tours?
- Yes. We welcome custom group tours for convention goers, corporations, and student groups. To arrange a group tour, please click on the "Contact AdvenTours" link to the left of the page.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Sorry, pets are not allowed on tours unless they can ride quietly and comfortably in a backpack specifically designed for that purpose. We cannot provide any special accommodations along the tour for animals.
- How can I get copies of any pictures taken by Urban AdvenTours on the tour?
- Photos UA staff take on our tours are available free of charge to participants by leaving an email address on the waiver signed before the tour.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 48 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 48 hours in advance.
- Activity runs in light rain, but may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity runs in light rain. However, in cases of severe or the potential for severe weather, Urban AdvenTours may cancel the tour up to one hour prior to departure. No refunds are issued for inclement weather, but rescheduling fees will be waived in these instances. Because weather is unpredictable, we highly recommend booking a tour or rental for the beginning of your stay in Boston to leave time to reschedule
- Participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
- Upon arrival participants must sign a waiver before riding. Participants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign for them.
Our bike tours cover more ground than a walking tour, and provide an up-close and personal view of the city not possible on a bus. We have over a thousand 5-star reviews all over the web for a reason! And for those who want a rental, but don’t want to travel to our shop in the North End, the famous BioBus can deliver bikes right to your hotel.
Whether you take in one of our daily Boston tours, enjoy one of our quality bike rentals, or organize a company biking event with Urban AdvenTours, you are guaranteed to have a 'wheely' good time!