Each year, the residents of Dyker Heights compete to have the biggest, best, and brightest Christmas decorations. In addition to over-the-top Christmas lights, there are large inflatable Christmas decorations, animatronic toys and motorized displays.
We'll also visit the festive homes in the Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst sections of Brooklyn, where you may even meet one of the home owners.
This 3 1/2 hour tour features:
- An audio-visual presentation including Christmas specials from TV's Golden Age
- Mechanical reindeer
- Glowing nativity scenes
- Dazzling lights
- Old-fashioned holiday cheer
- AND 30-foot toy soldiers!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Lady was great that headed up the tour
|SandyLangley||Wed, Dec 31, 14 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Tour was the last one of the season, I didn't feel like a lot of the houses were lit up for Christmas, Maybe you should not extend the tour beyond Christmas next year.
Guide was great!
|forsterkaren||Wed, Dec 31, 14 6:00 PM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our guide was great, really entertaining and informative. It was interesting to go to a part of Brooklyn that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. At the risk of sounding like a terrible spoilsport, the lights were pretty and some of the houses were very impressive but it was quite a long evening to see a few impressive houses but loads of other ones with all their trees wrapped in fairy lights but not much else. We had a nice evening but not sure if I'd classify it as a must-see??
Christmas Lights & Cannoli Tour
|subratap||Wed, Dec 31, 14 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
|helentrower||Wed, Dec 31, 14 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
the cannoli at the Brooklyn café was out of this world and I have eaten lots of cannoli's - could have eaten 2 soooooooooooo delicious
Great family night
|tarvcynth||Wed, Dec 31, 14 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We went on this tour on New Years Eve and had a great time! The guide was very knowledgeable and funny. My daughter who is 14 also enjoyed it. I feel it is worth the money
Christmas Lights & Cannoli Tour
|Irmapereira||Wed, Dec 31, 14 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
What I like is the Bus was on time! We didn't have to wait too long! The Bus Driver and the Tour speaker were friendly they had a nice sense of humor we even joked in the bus, which made everyone comfortable. They showed us a short DVD on what our tour would be like and how it began (short history). We watch Christmas DVD Classics (wonderful) my husband and I enjoyed them very much. Once we reached our destination we walked and took many pictures and videos of what we already knew through the short tour DVD. I recommend this tour to anyone who wishes to experience the lighting of these beautiful houses and have that Holiday Spirit you will enjoy, and what better than to end the night with some hot chocolate with a Cannoli (delicious) Thank you for the experience.
|marinaromeo||Tue, Dec 30, 14 7:00 PM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Beautiful and professional
|siltul||Tue, Dec 30, 14 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
A beautiful tour, with very professional guide . Very good canoli at the end of the tour
Very professional tour guide and beautiful lights
|ilnazroomian||Mon, Dec 29, 14 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Unspecified||Unspecified|
I really appreciated how polite and professional our tour guide and driver both were. The tour was just long enough and it was interesting to see brooklyn. The lights were spectacular. Dress very warmly.
A fun night out!
|ewiggs||Mon, Dec 29, 14 7:00 PM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
A great and informative tour of Dyker heights Xmas lights and a great finish with a delicious cannoli and hot chocolate to warn u up!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or MasterCard from this site or over the phone.
- Does the tour occur rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs regardless of weather. While we travel via bus since tour locations are in Brooklyn, we do get off the bus at several locations to stop and take pictures. So please dress appropriately for the weather.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I am bringing a very young child?
- If a child is age five or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a Child ticket.
- Who will my tour guide be?
- Tony tries to be on every tour, but from time to time, your guide will be another family member and licensed tour guide! All guides are just as knowledgeable, trained by Tony, and familiar with the neighborhoods you will be visiting.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour usually ends back at the original meeting location, which is just south of the southeast corner of Union Square, in Manhattan. (Exact meeting location details, including a map and subway directions, will be provided to you immediately upon purchasing your eticket.)
- Are we on the bus the entire tour?
- No. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are scattered throughout Brooklyn. We do, however, get off on different streets to visit specific locations. (Whenever you leave the bus, you will be accompanied by the tour guide.) The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off and explore.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour visits real-life locations all around Brooklyn, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, construction, etc. A Slice of Brooklyn Christmas Lights Tour assumes no liability or responsibility for traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Can I bring wine, beer or other alcoholic beverages on the bus?
- No. It is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of Brooklyn?
- Absolutely! The tour travels through Brooklyn and, although it takes place at night, is a great way to see the famous Christmas lights.
- What does the audio-visual presentation include?
- The sights you see along the tour will be complemented by a DVD presentation of clips from the PBS documentary, "Dyker Lights," as well as classic Christmas movies and audio from your favorite Christmas tunes.
- Am I allowed to eat or drink on the bus?
- No. Unfortunately no food or drinks are allowed on the bus. Please be sure to eat before you arrive!
- Is there any food included with this tour?
- No. "A Christmas Lights Tour" is not a food tour. No food will be provided. If pizza is what you're looking for, please check out our "A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour" instead. Please note that the cannoli and hot chocolate offered in previous seasons are no longer part of this tour.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our stops along the way.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. A Slice of Brooklyn Christmas Lights Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from other countries can enjoy the tour with minimal English.
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on an enclosed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- There is no assigned seating on the bus - it's first-come, first-served. If you have a number of people in your party who want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Can I take a stroller or luggage on the tour?
- The tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops on the tour during which we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Is the bus wheelchair-accessible?
- No, unfortunately our buses do not have wheelchair access and you will need to take a few steps up in order to board the bus. If you will be able to do this with assistance from the other people in your party, you are welcome to join us. Please keep in mind that the platform to enter the bus is about 13.5 inches above the ground.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Yes, the buses contain restrooms.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for A Slice of Brooklyn Christmas Lights, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other people fascinated with the Christmas lights in Brooklyn who take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact A Slice of Brooklyn Tours by clicking on “Contact BKNYpizza” to the left of the page.
A Slice of Brooklyn Bus Tours
After years of entertaining friends to the city by conducting comprehensive tours of Brooklyn and showing off his favorite borough, Tony embarked on his professional tour-guiding career with A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour in 2005.
Now, over 2 years later, Tony is debuting his second professional tour to share a Christmas lights and decoration competition like you've never seen before. He's been informally taking friends and visitors to see the famous Dyker Heights lights show for over 20 years, but now he's offering this unique guided tour to the general public for the very first time.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity!
Tony is a licensed New York City tour guide.