Watch big cat keepers feed tigers, leopards, cougars and more while observing from just a few feet away. As you walk around the sanctuary with our feeders your guide will tell you about the cats on the feeding route, their diets, and how they hunt in the wild.
The Feeding Tour includes:
- Watching the wild cats being fed and learning about their diets.
- The diet consists of chunks of beef, chicken and a ground diet.
This tour is a great follow up to a regular Day Tour. On the Day Tour you will see a greater selection of cats representing all of the species residing at the sanctuary.
The tour is available on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9:00AM. Space for this program is extremely limited, so advanced booking is required. Participants in the Feeding Tour must be 10 years of age or older.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Shaunw33||Wed, May 13 9:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Felt a little bit rushed on the tour otherwise it would have been 5 stars.
The staff was VERY professional and knowledgable.
|Walkers1||Wed, May 13 9:00 AM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
The staff knew ALOT of each cat. The habit, what food is good for them, where they came from. If I could recommend 1 thing and it might be for obvious reasons is for the people going on the feeding tour be allowed to see the lions and the white Tigers.But overall my wife and I were VERY SATISFIED and would highly recommend people checking it out.
|3cats85||Wed, Apr 29 9:00 AM||Male||Under 20||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This tour was super cool.
Amazing, very interesting
|ramisis||Sat, Apr 25 9:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The place is kept immaculate clean, you can feel the love for the animals from all the staff, please go and visit and help take care of all this cats, highly recommended.
|JudyFriedber||Sat, Apr 25 9:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
A MUST for anyone who cares about the welfare and protection of animals. A truly wonderful experience. Of course I love all the cats, but I also have to give a big shout-out and thank you to the interns and volunteers and staff. They do a truly wonderful thing.
If you like big cats, get up close and personal
|Captain0711||Wed, Apr 22 9:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
In the near future, my wife and I plan to semi retire to Florida. I would hope that we would both be able to volunteer for a day or two per month, it would be super to be able to help rescue these beautiful creatures
Happy we went!
|coobochip||Fri, Apr 10 9:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
The tour guide made the tour worth it. He was really informative. The rescue had some research that was being conducted so we didn't get the "normal" tour. This meant we saw a lot of the same types of cats over and over but none of other kinds (ex: 3 tigers but no lions). My husband and I have been to other rescues where we saw more and had more interaction with the cats for our money but our tour guide was significantly more knowledgable here than other places. The cats seemed really well attended to and probably had nicer facilities to live in than other rescues. It might cost a lot more but you don't feel that badly about it because it looks like it goes right to the cats.
|sbehrens1724||Fri, Apr 10 9:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We did the Feeding Tour and only had 5 in our group. We saw a lot of the smaller cats and tigers. Our guide was very knowledgeable about each type of cat and the personal stories of each cat we saw. This is an amazing place and a must see!
Beautiful creatures & gracious staff
|ameiswinkel||Fri, Apr 3 9:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
thoroughly enjoyed the feeding tour & the guides. Was great to see all these beautiful creatures well taken care of. The staff were all very gracious with their time & info. Made many purchases in the gift shop which we felt were reasonably priced. they have a great philosophy and do good work. Thank you to all
|Justacow||Sat, Mar 28 9:00 AM||Female||Under 20||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I learned a lot about the animals and their diets. It is very educational and fun. I totally Recommended this experience.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children under 10 years of age are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Kids 10 years of age or older are welcome to attend. We do not make exceptions, no matter how well behaved you think your child is; only ages 10 and over on this tour. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, the cats' diet is specific to their needs, and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We also do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested, so we do not permit toys other than those from our own preselected vendors.
- Do you sell food or drinks at the sanctuary? Is there a place to have lunch before the tour?
- Yes, we offer drinks and snacks on site, but you are welcome to bring your own, for your consumption only. You will not be allowed to provide the cats food, treats or toys.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and/or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The Feeding Tour will still go out in light rain as long as there is no lightning. If there is thunder or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out. If not, we will offer to refund or reschedule tickets.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is generally plenty of it. During our busiest times in November, December and March it can be limited, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant? (Handicap accessible?)
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for an additional $10 per person riding. Our paths are not paved, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you have a gift shop?
- Yes we do! The Trading Post Gift Shop is right here at our location.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! Please see the list of all activities to get more information about our private tours.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must be 10 years of age or older.
- Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the dangerous nature of this tour. Children 10-17 years old are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
- If you purchased a donation Extra, please take note of the following:
- Big Cat Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, FEID 59-3330495. Note that we do not utilize professional solicitors, so 100% of your donation goes to Big Cat Rescue and supporting the cats and stopping the abuse. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR BIG CAT RESCUE, A FL-BASED NONPROFIT CORPORATION (REGISTRATION NO. CH 11409), MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity