If you want to bring children under the age of ten, this is the only tour available for your group. This is a complete guided tour where children of all ages and their parents can get up-close and learn about exotic cats and other animals.
- Tour Time is noon on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Geared toward children under 10 years old.
- Privately guided small tour groups of 20 or less.
You are welcome to take photos and video on the tour,but leave the tripods at home, or schedule a photo tour. We ask everyone on the tour to stay together, no smoking, no cell phones and respect the tour guides warnings so that you have the best possible experience.
Paths are frequently muddy so closed toed, old, comfortable shoes are recommended. You may bring your own cold drinks or buy ours but either way, be prepared for the heat.
“It’s one thing to go to Busch Gardens, it’s another to stand three feet from a tiger!” says one Kids Tour participant. Come with the whole family and visit Big Cat Rescue today to see your favorite felines in action!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|pouncequick||Sun, Aug 2 12:00 PM||Female||70+||Local||Family With Children|
The staff was excellent and did their best under very adverse weather conditions. It has been a very rainy summer and had been raining for several days. Most of the cats were in their dens. Still the grandchildren enjoyed the experience. I have been before during good weather and had a great time and saw most of the cats. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys animals. they do a great job.
wonderful tour for a great cause
|Nightswind||Sun, Jul 26 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
The staff was very friendly, helpful, and informative. The guide was very good, kept the tour educational, yet at a level the kids could understand. The cats seemed very well cared for. Even though it was hot and humid (florida in summer, what else to expect) there were quite a few cats out to be seen. We will definitely be going back in the cooler months.
I would do it again, very educational.
|Piccione||Sun, Jul 19 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Family With Children|
I learned a lot and would like to do the other tours, for example the feeding and night tours.
|Bluehose99||Sat, Jul 18 12:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
This is a great experience for small children. The initial "wow" of seeing the cats up close was really exciting for them. But given the FL heat at noon, they were pretty exhausted by the end of the hour tour.
|Moosh98||Sun, Jul 12 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Family With Children|
This was our second tour and we still learned new things. I am looking forward to doing another tour without kids under 10 in the future.
Excellent experience. Will definitely be back.
|chrisgardill||Sat, Jul 11 12:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We thoroughly enjoyed our tour and our son never misses any of your YouTube videos and has been doing so for over a year now. Please keep up the excellent work. My son will be old enough to do the Freding Tour next year and is already talking about doing that. Thank you for a safe, fun and informative tour.
A Must Do!
|nancymccain||Sat, Jul 11 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
The volunteers were fantastic! We did the children's tour for kids 10 & under. I have recommended it to serval people already! It was a very positive experience and would recommend this experience to everyone of every age.
wonderful learning experience!
|kdrust||Sat, Jul 4 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our daughter loves the videos of the big cats. It was great to tour the facility in person. All of the tips were spot on and the instructions were clear. We took the kids tour and it was perfect!
Underwhelming - would not visit again
|rgeer216||Sat, Jul 4 12:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
Overall, I was disappointed. Two tigers were sleeping in their “hut” and not visible. Two male lions were also in their hut and not visible. We were told that they also had 2 additional lions and tigers, but they don’t like visitors due to prior abuse.
That left us with mostly servals and bobcats.
There were other highlights, but they were too few and far between. A black cougar was sleeping on a perch 30 feet away. An older golden cougar made a visit which was nice. We also saw a leopard which was perhaps my highlight of the day. Lastly, we saw a lioness 30 feet away, which was also noteworthy.
To recap, I saw 4 large cats, with two of them being poor viewings since the cats were a good distance away. The remainder of the tour was bobcats and servals. For $35/person, my family spent $175.00 and all five of us were thoroughly disappointed. I understand that this is a non-profit. And I also understand that we don’t want to force the cats to make an appearance. But it doesn’t change my view that the money was not worth the visit.
Both the Lowry Park Zoo and Florida Aquarium are less expensive and offer sooooooooooo much more entertainment and value, and it’s not even close.
purchase admisssion tickets in advancr
|Beaubien||Sat, Jun 27 12:00 PM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Travelled distance to attend BCR and made the expience much easier upon arrival
Would recomend this method
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children of all ages are welcome to attend. Ticket prices are 19.00 for children under the age of 10 and 36.00 for ages 10 and over. Children of all ages must pay for a ticket.
- Do you have strollers?
- We do not provide strollers and our paths are earthen, so they can be very difficult to push unless they are made for rough terrain.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
- If you purchased a donation Extra, please take note of the following:
- Big Cat Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, FEID 59-3330495. Note that we do not utilize professional solicitors, so 100% of your donation goes to Big Cat Rescue and supporting the cats and stopping the abuse. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR BIG CAT RESCUE, A FL-BASED NONPROFIT CORPORATION (REGISTRATION NO. CH 11409), MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity