If you want to bring children under the age of ten, this is the only tour available for your group. This is a complete guided tour where children of all ages and their parents can get up-close and learn about exotic cats and other animals.
- Tour Time is noon on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Geared toward children under 10 years old.
- Privately guided small tour groups of 20 or less.
You are welcome to take photos and video on the tour,but leave the tripods at home, or schedule a photo tour. We ask everyone on the tour to stay together, no smoking, no cell phones and respect the tour guides warnings so that you have the best possible experience.
Paths are frequently muddy so closed toed, old, comfortable shoes are recommended. You may bring your own cold drinks or buy ours but either way, be prepared for the heat.
“It’s one thing to go to Busch Gardens, it’s another to stand three feet from a tiger!” says one Kids Tour participant. Come with the whole family and visit Big Cat Rescue today to see your favorite felines in action!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
One sat in car...
|mckarl||Sat, Feb 21 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
This is tightly capacity-controlled. We needed 6 tix and could only buy 5 on the site. Not possible to connect by calling in advance to see if 6th person could attend. Others in same situation. Refusal to allow the 6th to enter was handled indelicately by an organization seeking community support. Since I'm the one that sat in the car as the others toured I cannot opine on the content.
Very informative. Really appreciate this cause.
|Natomes||Sat, Feb 21 12:00 PM||Unspecified||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I guess I don't want to believe these animals are treated this way prior to coming to BCR. But it is the ugly truth. I'm thankful to this group and others like them for their time and dedication.
loved the cats
|salliebackiu||Sat, Feb 14 12:00 PM||Female||70+||Local||Family With Children|
too rushed - felt she just ignored some cats that were out and we did not get chance to see them
This was GREAT!
|nicollewall||Sun, Feb 8 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Our tour guide was amazing, interacted with the kids in a fabulous way and made sure everyone was engaged!
NOT REALLY A TOUR FOR YOUNG CHILDREN
|Bebelin||Sun, Feb 8 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Family With Children|
We booked the children's tour to take our grandkids to see Big Cat Rescue. Since there are only TWO times to do this (12:00 noon on Sat. or Sun.) we figured the tour would be geared towards the children. Unfortunately, the guide talked WAY too long about each animal, how they got there, and various other information that the kids didn't care about. 15 minutes per animal stop is too long for small children. When I complained to one of the interns, I was told that they have to speak to all ages on tours. Well, then why have a children's tour??? Let the others go to regular tours. It moved too slowly and the children eventually lost all interest. I was very disappointed.
|AmandaBrois||Sat, Feb 7 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
They are doing a wonderful thing. I will come back to support them another day..
My eight year old son loved it
|mdoerr||Sun, Feb 1 12:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
My son and I both loved the tour. He also loved the videos playing in the gift shop.
Eye opening experience
|S2cassad||Sat, Jan 31 12:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This is a great way for kids to learn of the problems with society regarding humans and our inability to respectfully co-inhabit this planet with other species. Things like the circus, the fashion industry, and even making large cats pets seem like harmless and even good ideas, but it is just not humane to keep these animals pent up, chained up, or crammed into tiny habitats.
I was very impressed with the knowledge I gained form this experience.
Definitely check this place out!
|nl_reeves||Sat, Jan 31 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Great experience, learned a lot, and could have stayed all day!
we were disappointed after reading rave reviews.
|ekerin2854||Sat, Jan 31 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Overall we were disappointed in our visit. The staff were very kind and engaging with my children, which was nice. We were kind of far from many cats, some of the info was really redundant.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children of all ages are welcome to attend. Ticket prices are 19.00 for children under the age of 10 and 36.00 for ages 10 and over. Children of all ages must pay for a ticket.
- Do you have strollers?
- We do not provide strollers and our paths are earthen, so they can be very difficult to push unless they are made for rough terrain.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity