If you want to bring children under the age of ten, this is the only tour available for your group. This is a complete guided tour where children of all ages and their parents can get up-close and learn about exotic cats and other animals.
- Children under the age of 10 cost $19 each
- Tour Time is noon on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Geared toward children under 10 years old.
- Privately guided small tour groups of 20 or less.
You are welcome to take photos and video on the tour,but leave the tripods at home, or schedule a photo tour. We ask everyone on the tour to stay together, no smoking, no cell phones and respect the tour guides warnings so that you have the best possible experience.
Paths are frequently muddy so closed toed, old, comfortable shoes are recommended. You may bring your own cold drinks or buy ours but either way, be prepared for the heat.
“It’s one thing to go to Busch Gardens, it’s another to stand three feet from a tiger!” says one Kids Tour participant. Come with the whole family and visit Big Cat Rescue today to see your favorite felines in action!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
People need to know
|nicolai13||Sat, Apr 30 12:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Every Wild Big, medium or small cat, except a house cat, is a wild animal. Very very few people know what to expect if they get one. This park shows you when humans try to buy them and, most all of them fail, and they end up here or another rescue place. Great place to see Big cats up close and to learn not to buy them and bring them home...
|sanderscf||Sun, Apr 17 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
I was impressed with the comprehensive care the cats receive. What a neat place
|rn80680||Sun, Apr 10 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Family With Children|
My 7yr old granddaughter & I visited Big Cat Rescue for the first time. We learned a tremendous amount, not only about the resident cats, but each one's breed and natural habitat. Fascinating stuff! Our guide was knowledgeable, pleasant, and graciously answered every question the group had, young & old. We're certain to return with more family members, as it was impossible to see it all in one visit. Loved it!
Very Fun and educational
|Sammie3||Sun, Apr 10 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
I took my children ages 9 and 7 and they loved it. They learned a few things and took pictures of the big cats. They are ready to go back again!!!
|Cathycuth||Sun, Apr 10 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Amazing tour, very knowledgeable staff....kids and adults had a fantastic time
Right on for the Little Folks
|TraceyShadra||Sat, Apr 9 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
The tour was adapted well for children. Lasting one hour only, the cats were in clear sight and information given by tour guides was age appropriate. If you are an adult who desires to go on the tour for the information I would elect to go without children during the week.
It was a brilliant move to organize a way for adults to contact their legislators for pro CAT legislation!
Kids' Tour at Big Cat Rescue
|dputerbaugh||Sat, Apr 9 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
This was a wonderful, family-friendly tour. Good factual information was provided, children's questions were answered respectfully and enthusiastically, and the grimmer, sadder details of some animals' stories were withheld out of respect to young (under age 10) guests. The adult tours, we were told, included more detailed information. This was a wonderful learning opportunity for young and old. Thank you!
|Ariemke||Sun, Apr 3 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We had a great time. My daughter loved seeing all the big cats and especially the little ones too. The tourguide was knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend this tour.
Great family outing!!
|nmdoran1||Sun, Apr 3 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
I've been on a night tour and a regular day tour. This was the first kids tour I've been on and we thoroughly enjoyed it!! My kids, 3 and 4, both enjoyed the walk and trying to spot the cats. They learned a lot and were able to answer questions our tour guide asked so they felt pretty smart. Definitely recommend!!
|Shannonlambe||Sun, Apr 3 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Combination||Family With Children|
The guide was very informative and an excellent walker backer.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children of all ages are welcome to attend. Ticket prices are 19.00 for children under the age of 10 and 36.00 for ages 10 and over. Children of all ages must pay for a ticket.
- Do you have strollers?
- We do not provide strollers and our paths are earthen, so they can be very difficult to push unless they are made for rough terrain.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The tour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://bigcatrescue.org/release to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Pets are not allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- If you are traveling with pets, including dogs, you cannot bring them onto the property, which includes the parking lot.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://bigcatrescue.org/release. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
- If you purchased a donation Extra, please take note of the following:
- Big Cat Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, FEID 59-3330495. Note that we do not utilize professional solicitors, so 100% of your donation goes to Big Cat Rescue and supporting the cats and stopping the abuse. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR BIG CAT RESCUE, A FL-BASED NONPROFIT CORPORATION (REGISTRATION NO. CH 11409), MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has a dozen species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity