Enjoy a delicious brunch buffet as you soak up the sun, and get swept away by the natural beauty and historical sights of Washington, DC.
Restaurants cannot top this unique experience brunching on the party yacht! So hop aboard and get ready to enjoy a delicious buffet consisting of:
- Cheese and Fruit platter including three different cheeses and fruits, along with an assortment of crackers.
- Scrambled eggs, hash browns, and spiral sliced ham.
- Sweet Bread varying choices like banana bread or zucchini bread
- The option to purchase a $20 bottomless mimosas & rail cocktail package once you've boarded the boat.
- Wrap around seating on our party bow
- Breathtaking DC panoramic cityscape from our top deck
- 2 bathrooms
- A dance floor in our main cabin
What Is Not Included?
- Drinks and souvenirs are not included with your ticket purchase. You will have the option to purchase a bottomless mimosa & rail cocktail package on board, along with other items from our bar. Cash & credit cards are accepted on board.
- There is no assigned seating on the boat. seating is first-come, first-serve. There are no tables on the Boomerang Yacht. However, there are several couches and other places to sit on the boat. This is a very casual buffet-style brunch.
- Can I buy a ticket at check-in?
- The Boomerang Yacht usually sells out in advance, so unfortunately the answer is most likely no. However, we never want anyone to miss out on a trip on the Boomerang, so if there is a “no show”, we would be willing to sell a ticket on the spot.
- If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our cruises. Cruises do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What if someone in my party misses the boat? Can we go back to pick them up?
- Unfortunately, we leave right on time and cannot go back to the dock to pick up any latecomers. For this reason it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to arrive a few minutes before the start time to check-in and board.
- Which historical sights will I see during the trip?
- All the good ones! You will be able to see the Georgetown waterfront, boathouse, and University, the Watergate, Kennedy Center, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, the Pentagon, Hains Point, Reagan National Airport, the Custis Lee Memorial, Key Bridge, & the Memorial Bridge.
- What is the layout of the boat?
- The main cabin has large open windows, along with our DJ, dance floor, bar, captain’s room, and two bathrooms. The outdoor areas of the boat include the wrap around bow (front of the boat, lower level), the stern (back of the boat, lower level), and the upper deck. Due to Coast Guard regulations, the upper deck does not accommodate more than 33 passengers at a time because of weight restrictions. We encourage all passengers to circulate throughout the boat so that everyone has the opportunity to explore all areas of the vessel. We do not have a bar on the top deck to further encourage full circulation throughout the boat. Once the top deck is at capacity, we operate a 'one up, one down' system. All areas of the boat are great, and most guests bop throughout the boat naturally during the cruise.
- Is there assigned seating on the boat?
- No, seating is first-come, first-serve. There are no tables on the Boomerang Yacht. However, there are several couches and other places to sit on the boat. This is a very casual buffet-style brunch.
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- No. Passengers can not bring outside beverages as we are operating a full bar inside the main cabin. Also, keep in mind you can purchase a $20 bottomless mimosa and bloody mary package once you have boarded the boat!
- Can outside food be brought onboard?
- No. We do not allow passengers to bring food or drinks on-board. However, this is a brunch cruise, so a full brunch spread will be provided. The brunch buffet will include Belgian waffles, cheese and fruit, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and spiral sliced ham! There will also be a $20 bottomless mimosa and bloody mary package available for purchase once you board the boat.
- Where do we board the yacht?
- Passengers will board at the Georgetown Waterfront. Specific directions will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- Is there parking near the dock?
- There are several parking garages within 2 blocks of the waterfront area. However, if you are going to be joining in the party and festivities we encourage taking a cab directly to the Georgetown Harbour. Unfortunately, there is no metro stop in the Georgetown area so please plan accordingly and drive responsibly!
- Do you offer transportation to and from the dock?
- Yes! If you have a large party and would like to rent the Boomerang Party Bus to pick you up and drop you off, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page to contact us directly.
- How early should I arrive?
- Guests should be on the dock at the start time as stated on your ticket. You do not need to arrive early. However, the boat does leave right on time, so arriving a little early is always encouraged.
- What exactly happens when we check-in at the beginning of the trip?
- Once you check-in with your Boomerang Hosts, you will receive a Boomerang boarding token. You will need this token to board the boat. It is important to arrive a few minutes before your event time and check-in as soon as you arrive at the starting location.
- How long will the cruise last?
- Our brunch cruise takes place over a 2 hour duration.
- Is this a tour boat? Will we be making stops?
- No, we are not your traditional boring tour boat. We will not be making stops and giving history lessons. Instead, we will be keeping the party alive as we cruise by all of the historic sights while enjoying the beautiful DC harbor views!
- What should I wear?
- Although we do not have a specific dress code for this event, this is a laid back brunch cruise. Feel free to dress casually! We encourage you to look your nautical best & we love it when guests come dressed in a 'theme'. And, don't sweat it in the warm weather- you are welcome to sport beach attire, including bikinis and bathing suits!
- Do I have to be 21 to ride?
- Riders on our Boomerang Yacht tours must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- Do I need to tip the captain and yacht staff?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we will return to the dock to remove them, or not allow them onto the boat at the start of the trip. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there are two restrooms in the main cabin.
- Can I board the boat if I am visibly pregnant?
- We are on a moving vessel which creates as unstable atmosphere. If we feel that it is unsafe for you to board due to your pregnancy, we may ask you to sign a waiver, or we may recommend that you to make alternate plans. We have your best interests in mind when making this decision.
- Is the boat weatherproof?
- Yes. We operate rain or shine.
- What do I need to bring?
- You don't need much to ride the Boomerang. Make sure to bring cash or credit cards for snacks, drinks, or souvenirs on-board. Remember, you will be able to purchase unlimited mimosas and bloody marys for $20 once you board the boat! Also be sure to bring a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id), and a camera if you'd like. Wear practical shoes since you are boarding a boat, bring your best smile, maybe a hoodie if it is chilly, and you should be good to go! We have enough entertainment on the boat to take care of the rest!
- Is smoking permitted?
- We have a designated smoking area at the stern (back) or the boat. Smoking is not allowed in our main cabin, on the top deck, or on the bow at the front of the boat.
- Is the boat Coast Guard certified?
- Yes. Our vessel, captain, and crew are all Coast Guard certified.
- Will I get seasick?
- Most likely no. The Potomac River is very narrow and it is usually a very calm waterway.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- The dock at Georgetown does not have wheelchair access.
- Can I stow my belongings somewhere during the sail?
- We do not have an area to 'check' people's belongings at this time.
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang Yacht for a private party?
- Yes! For all private party inquiries, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page to contact us directly.
- Does the boat require a minimum amount of people to execute a cruise?
- Yes. Our boat has the capacity of 80 people, and we do require a minimum number of people signed up 48 hours in advance to execute a cruise. In the rare event that your cruise is not able to take place due to lack of participation, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule to a different cruise, or accept a full refund.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this cruise. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Party Yacht Cruises and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Party Yacht Cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Unruly guests will be denied entry or required to leave the cruise.
- We have the right to deny entry to any unruly person during the boarding of the vessel. In addition, we will return to the dock to remove anyone who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees during a cruise. No refunds will be given. Jumping off the vessel is not allowed and is punishable by the fullest extent of the law.
- All participants must be age 21 or older with a valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Outside food and drink is not allowed on the Boomerang Boat.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own beverages or food on board the Boomerang Boat.
We originated with The Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, and have now expanded to our yacht acquisition and cruise tours thanks to years of faithful Boomerang patrons and enthusiasts! We strive to constantly create new and unique ways for our riders to spend an evening in the nation’s capital! The Boomearng Team makes an amazing evening of nightlife hassle free, safe, and affordable for all to enjoy. Whenever you join us, sit back & relax or stand up & dance while you let us do the cruising.
"If you are new to the area, or you just want to go out and have a wild night with your friends and meet new people, the Boomerang is just what you need."
- NBC's "The DC Scene" 6/18/07