Within minutes of leaving the dock, you'll forget the distractions of life on land, as you experience the joy of a leisurely sailing cruise.
Enjoy the historic scenery of Boston Harbor:
- Our first sights, on our day sail, will take you past the Boston Seaport District. There's much to be seen here as the area is featuring many new constructions as well as old. We will point out The Moakley Federal Courthouse at Fan Pier, our World Trade Center, and Harpoon Brewery.
- As our trip extends, we will get into the Inner Harbor Islands. We'll get as close as we can to some of our historical islands including: Castle Island featuring Independence Fort and the Donald McKay Monument, Spectacle Island, and Long Island with the Long Island Head Light House.
Adult beverages are available for purchase while soda and water is complimentary:
- Domestic Beer $5.00
- Local/Micro Brews $5.00
- Wine $5.00/glass
What Is Not Included?
- No food is included. Feel free to bring your own picnic!
- The price of drinks is not included in the cost of your ticket, so please bring extra cash. Water will be provided on board at no cost.
- Gratuity is not included in the price of your sail.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Exceptionally good time!
|betsydan||Sat, Jul 25 1:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
My wife and I had an exceptionally good time on the Adirondack III! We had never been sailing before, but we'll be back again. The crew were super, both handling the lines and questions from the passengers. We would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys being outside, feeling the wind in your hair and (sometimes) a spray of ocean water as the schooner cuts through the wakes!
|Jerryaubel||Wed, Jul 22 3:30 PM||Female||Under 20||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Very fun and relaxing ride. Very informational and very friendly crew. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to relax out on the water and have a nice little get away!
Long & boring
|Margarch||Mon, Jul 20 3:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Nothing said! No information given!, not even enough seats!, I paid for my husband to sleep!,
Not worth $$ , !,
Classic Harbor Line responded:
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good time aboard our sailing excursion. Some trips can be more thrilling and others can be more slow paced and even relaxing. It is all very weather dependent. The information that we provide to our guests is largely dependent on what our guests would like to hear. Our crew is knowledgeable about the area and are happy to answer any questions you might have.
Delightful Harbor Sail
|bflogan1||Sun, Jul 19 3:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Family With Children|
lovely boat, nice crew, low key, great views, overall, lovely experience.
Great Time! Just wish it was longer!
|eng1517||Sat, Jul 18 3:30 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Really fun day-activity. we went with a large group of 13 girls and had a blast.
The only downside is that i wish it was longer!
Sail around Boston harbor
|Doris48||Fri, Jul 17 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Had a really fun time. Captain and crew very friendly and knowledgable and informed us all along the route. Had a blast. Highly recommend!!
|ksrldt||Sun, Jul 12 3:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Beautiful day good service pleasant sail
Only suggestion is that the captain have a small microphone to wireless speakers on boat good info to share only could be heard if sitting near him Easy solution
Great Relaxing Day On The Water
|bernie59||Sat, Jul 11 1:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Great way to relax for 2+ hours. Great viewing Boston from the water. Crew was very friendly, helpful and eager t o answer any questions. Also willing to take pictures while on board. Would do it again, possible City Lights or Sunset cruises next time.
|Lcassano||Sat, Jul 11 1:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We had a great time. The captain and crew were informative and professional. Great way to see the harbor. Learned a little about sailing too.
A highlight of our Boston vacation
|valeroja||Fri, Jul 10 1:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Beautiful day, pleasant sailing, spectacular views. Very nice Captain and crew. The Captain knows the harbor and islands well, he was very informative.
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait list for our sails, so please book well in advance.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- Limited metered parking can be found around Rowes Wharf. Regular daily rate at the Boston Harbor Hotel is $38. However, with a validation from Classic Harbor Line it will be $32. After 5PM weekdays and anytime on weekends the rate is $18, but with a validation it will be $12. Please be sure to ask our ticket representative for a validation when you check-in.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced-price child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of infant tickets labeled “Free” when making a purchase. All passengers must have a ticket, regardless of age, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for when booking.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- The schooners are a very popular choice for private charter sailing, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the sail date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back on this website, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact BostonSail.” Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- While each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, we try to follow our regular route, which involves heading East out of Harbor, passing the financial district and making our way towards the islands that dot Boston Harbor and then coming back to Rowes Wharf and taking in all that the Boston Skyline has to offer.
- Is food served during the sails?
- Food is not served on the sails. Feel free to bring your own picnic with you on the sail!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring your own alcohol on board. All of our sails include soda and water, and there will be champagne, wine, and beer available for purchase.
- Is the Schooner Adirondack III safe?
- Absolutely. The Schooner Adirondack III is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets, should you feel you need one. There IS also private marine head (bathroom) below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Adirondack III is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call them "marine heads" and they are unlike the bathrooms you use at home. Using a marine head involves pumping, and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sails will end at the same pier from which they departed, Rowes Wharf.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to one hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or get a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some of the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) Light weight, plastic ponchos are available for all of our guests aboard the Adirondack III in the case we are caught in a rain-shower.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail.
- Are the schooners handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooners are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooner Adirondack III can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking “Contact BostonSail” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are pets allowed on board?
- Unfortunately, pets are not allowed on the sails, other than service dogs
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the daytime sail on the Schooner Adirondack III, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this sail, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- According to U.S. Coast Guard capacity rules, all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive a credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 15%
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provided
Classic Harbor Line
Though it is a light and lively sailing vessel, it is also quite comfortable, with ample deck space and seating for up to 42. It was designed and built by Scarano Boat Building of Albany, NY for taking groups of people on spectacular sightseeing adventures.
Sailing in this schooner is a delight. She moves through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing her with you.
The Adirondack III is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and an extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced in sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the Boston sites.