The Brooklyn VI is a 110' long, 26' wide, super-fast super cruiser. It is one of New York's largest fishing boats and features:
- A spacious cabin with room for up to 132 passengers
- Temperature control for a comfortable experience all year round
- The latest navigation and fishing technologies
- The ability to go up to 27 knots!
- A gourmet galley where snacks to full course meals are available
Choose the Brooklyn VI for premiere Night Blues Fishing in New York City. We look forward to booking you on our next night blues trip!
What Is Not Included?
- You are free to bring your own equipment or rent a rod and tackle from us.
- Our crew works hard to keep the deck clean. Gratuities are appreciated!
- What has the catch been like lately?
- Fishing for striped bass has been excellent this year! There are a few big bodies of bass in our area and it looks like there are more headed our way. Most of the fish are in their teens with quite a few 20-25lb in the mix. This is actually the best bass run we've had in years.
- I have never been fishing before. Is that okay?
- Yes! We encourage people of all different experience levels to come fishing with us. Our crew will help you learn all the necessary techniques to begin.
- How many fish can I keep?
- You may keep up to 15 blue fish or you may release them if you choose.
- How far out do we go? At what depth will we be fishing?
- This really varies. We go where the fish are, so how far we go out and where we go out actually changes from day to day depending on the whereabouts of the fish! Some days that means going out 3 miles, another day it means 30. And while we can't promise you'll catch a fish, we do promise to provide the highest probability that you'll get one.
- What is the minimum age for a child?
- Children must be at least 10 years old to come on the trip.
- How long will the fishing trip be?
- The trip will last around 7 hours.
- How long is it until we start fishing?
- That will vary with how far we go out on a given day. The time to get to the fishing ground could be anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. So it's actually hard to predict, but we do our best to maximize the amount of time you'll spend with lines in the water.
- Do you guarantee that fish will be caught?
- We can't guarantee that you will catch fish, but we do guarantee that we will try our hardest to help you catch fish.
- Will we be jig fishing or chunk bait fishing?
- We use both.
- What can I do with the fish that I catch?
- We recommend that you have the fish cleaned by our expert mates. They can clean the fish on the way back to the marina.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Do you ever cancel a trip?
- We will go out rain or shine. The trip may be cancelled due to severe weather, sea conditions or failure to reach minimum passenger requirements. In those cases, you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- If the trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately we do not have waiting lists for our trips. While cancellations are rare, you may try to purchase tickets at the start of the trip. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be any room left! To maximize your chance of getting the day and time of your preferred trip, please buy tickets in advance.
- Can I still go on the trip if I don't want to fish?
- Yes! If you don't want to fish, you can come along to sunbathe or even just to observe. Keep in mind that if you don't purchase a full priced ticket, you will not be allowed to fish on the trip.
- Is this trip suitable for pregnant women?
- No, this trip is not suitable for pregnant women.
- How early should I arrive to check in before the trip?
- Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before the trip departs.
- --------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING-----------------------------
- Can I bring an ice chest?
- Absolutely, and of any size! We have more than enough room for anything you would like to bring.
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- Yes, you may bring your own food and beverages aboard the boat. We do not allow any hard liquor on the boat. Beverages can be alcoholic (in moderation) or non-alcoholic. Large cases of beer will not be allowed on board.
- What types of food and beverages are available on board?
- You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages. However, we do have our own gourmet galley where you can get a snack or a full 3-course home-cooked meal. We've got hot dogs, hamburgers, and other snacks typical of a ball-park. The Brooklyn VI offers you a wide selection of home-made food.
- How much money should I bring with me?
- We recommend bringing money just in case you want to take advantage of our full service galley. Please also keep in mind that we recommend a gratuity for the crew that works so hard to ensure a great trip!
- ------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT/LICENSES-------------------------
- Will I need a license to go fishing?
- No - in New York State no one is required to have a license to go on our day fishing trip.
- Can you provide me with fishing gear, bait, and tackle?
- We always provide the bait, and we can also provide any necessary day-long equipment rentals for a nominal fee.
- What type of gear do I need?
- We will provide you with all the bait and gear you will need. If you want to bring your own, the gear you will need will depend on the type of fish we are fishing for. You do not need to bring bait though, we provide that as part of the trip.
- ----------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT-------------------------
- Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Yes, smoking is allowed on the Brooklyn VI.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- Absolutely! You could even bring a coffin on here! There is a lot of space to store your belongings on board.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes! Restrooms are called the "head" on boats. There is a men's head and also a separate women's head
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- We have had people fish on our boat with wheelchairs before, and our crew is always happy to help if someone needs help getting on or off the boat. The bathrooms on board are NOT handicap accessible, so please keep this in mind. If you have any concerns about your specific situation, please contact us before the trip by clicking "Contact BrooklynVI" in the upper left hand side of this page.
- Are there life jackets on the boat?
- Yes, there are life jackets on board for every person on board, in all sizes. We are Coast Guard certified and licensed to fish 100 miles off-shore.
- Will I get seasick?
- While our vessels are extremely safe, we will be on the water and there will be some movement. If you are prone to motion sickness, consider taking preventative measures beforehand.
- Can I bring my dog or other small pet on board the boat?
- No, we do not allow dogs or other pets on the boat during the trip (except for the captain's dog).
- ------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES------------
- Can I book a private fishing trip?
- Absolutely! The Brooklyn VI is perfect for private parties, charters, and special occasions. For group rates or private charters, please contact us directly by clicking "Contact Brooklyn VI" in the upper left-hand side of this page.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, they are! Gift Certificates make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this trip, please click on the "Contact BrooklynVI" link on the upper left-hand side of this page.
The Brooklyn VI is a modern, super-fast super cruiser. It is 110' long and 26' wide, making it one of New York's largest fishing boats. Its 3 John Deere engines allow the Brooklyn VI to achieve a maximum speed of up to 27 knots, and it can accommodate up to 120 fishermen. The cabin alone can seat over 100 passengers and has temperature control for a comfortable experience all year round.
Captain Robert has been operating boats since he was 18yrs old. He specializes in top water fishing and is one of the best Mackerel fishermen in New York.
Captain Mike has been running the Brooklyn VI since he was 21 years old. At age 11, Mike began working in the galley and has since worked his way up from deck hand to captain. Captain Mike is a great fisherman and takes much pride in what he does. He runs some of our day trips, and all our offshore trips.
The crew aboard the Brooklyn VI is always the same crew year in and year out. The crew's first priority is safety; after that, they focus on service. Throughout your trip the crew will be around to help you whenever you need it. The crew's shift begins 2 hours before departure and does not end for another 2 hours after entering the dock, but these long days and nights are all to ensure that your experience aboard the Brooklyn VI is a memorable one!