In homage to the town of Paso Robles' 125th anniversary celebration, we've dredged up the lively history of this little town to share some of the more interesting tales of it's past. Not surprisingly, it all begins on the grounds of the Historic Paso Robles Inn.
From 1864 as the busy stagecoach stop, to the 1891 hostelry for the rich and famous, to its current incarnation as the Paso Robles Inn, you'll learn all about the Inn's history and its hauntings, view their scrapbooks and photo albums, and touch real artifacts unearthed when the 1942 Inn was built.
Among all this fun, you'll be hosted at a special dinner just for tour guests at the Inn's noted Steakhouse. What's for dinner? Bloody good prime rib, of course! You'll enjoy this specially hosted full-service dinner along with 2 glasses of local Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon.
After dinner, we'll walk the grounds, viewing sites of recurring hauntings and visit "the most haunted building" on the hotel grounds. Whether you believe in ghosts of not, you'll find your evening filled with humor, interesting stories and decidedly delicious food and wine!
- An interesting overview on Paso Robles' history and the role the Inn played in the formation of the town.
- Stories of the area hauntings, as well as those specific to the Paso Robles Inn.
- A guided walk through the hotel grounds and into the "most haunted" building on the grounds.
- Ghosts 101: a fun introduction to what modern day ghosthunters think and believe about this paranormal phenomenon.
- A deliciously sunptuous full service dinner of the Inn's famous Prime Rib, with 2 classes of wine.
- Insider access to the Inn's scrapbooks, photo albums and select items unearthed during the building of the Inn in 1942.
- A guided stroll downtown to end your evening with coffee/tea and dessert.
What Is Not Included?
- Guests will need to provide their transportation to and from the tour starting/ending locations.
- Additional wine or hard liquor orders
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. This is because tickets are limited and our tours typically sell out quickly. For a better chance of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, MasterCard or AMEX either online or by phone. Cash is not accepted.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tours are held rain or shine. We ask that you make sure to check the weather on the day of your tour and dress appropriately (bring an umbrella if necessary).
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a waiting list. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- How much food is served on this tour?
- Your tour includes a delicious Prime Rib Dinner and wine (alternate dinner selections are available and must be requested when booking). You will also enjoy dessert and coffee/tea at the conclusion of the tour.
- Are cameras and video cameras allowed on the tours?
- Absolutely! We're pretty sure you'll want pictures of yourselves enjoying all this wonderful food and your Tour Guru is happy to play photographer for those special shots. Plus, don't forget all the wonderful sights you'll discover as we tour our lovely and historic city.
- How much walking is involved and is it fast paced?
- Walking is a small part of this tour - we walk the grounds of the Paso Robles Inn, and take a short stroll into the town of Paso Robles for dessert and coffee/tea.
- Are children welcome on the tour?
- This tour is probably not appropriate for children under the age of 10 due to the nature of the subject matter. However, we will leave the decision whether or not to bring along children up to the parents. Please note that all participants over the age of 7 must have a ticket to attend the tour.
- Are you able to accommodate dietary restrictions?
- We will do our very best to find a suitable replacement tasting when possible. It is very important that when you book your tour, you let us know about any dietary restrictions or food allergies in advance.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- Currently, our Paso Robles Tour starts at one location and ends at another approximately 1/4 of a mile away. We will provide our guests with a walking map of the tour, starting and end points, as well as specific instructions on how to return to the tour's starting point. But keep in mind your Tour Guru would be happy to assist you back to the tour's starting point, should you have special concerns.
- Are bathrooms available during the tours?
- Yes, there are a minimum of two bathroom facilities available during the tour. If you have special needs, let us know when booking and we will try to work in additional stops for you.
- Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
- Yes, the tour route and tasting locations are accessible. However, please note that one location does have some interior stairs, but the Tour Guru will be happy to bring the tasting to anyone who is unable to access that area.
- Can I shop during the tour?
- Sorry, we cannot shop during the tour because we need to keep on our schedule. However, we do provide you with special coupons (available only to tour guests) which will allow you to return to these businesses, with the knowledge acquired during the tour to be a super savvy shopper!!
- Are pets allowed on the tour?
- Sorry, we'd love to but it just won't work with our food partners. So, pets are not allowed.
- Do your tours have anything to offer local residents?
- Absolutely! Many of our guests live right in San Luis Obispo, while others come from the many small towns throughout the county. Our modern day lives are so busy, that few of us actually have the time to rediscover our hometown! You'll hear fun and fascinating stories of the area - a little history, a little architecture, and some of the exciting new happenings in the works for our good ol' hometown.
- How can I find out about new tours and events?
- Thanks for asking! We're really excited to develop new tours and events based on our guests' feedback. We have some really exciting things planned on a seasonal basis, so check back in with us soon and you may be surprised to discover a new tour or event! You may want to subscribe to our newsfeed, and get all our news and promotions firsthand. Plus, Don't forget to "LIKE" us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and read the BLOG on our website - all a source of good and new information on what's happening on California's Central Coast.
- Is there parking available nearby?
- Yes, free street parking is generally easy to find near the starting location.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our public tours are only offered in English. However, we are able to offer Private Group Tours in Russian as well! Please click on the "Contact CCFoodTours" link for information about private tours.
- Are Gift Certificates available for purchase?
- Yes! Our gift certificates make wonderful stocking stuffers, housewarming gifts, they're terrific for someone moving into the area, make great employee recognition gifts, and are always nice for a fun and romantic afternoon with that someone special. Please click on the "Contact CCFoodTours" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- YES! We can do private tours for large and small groups - or even a single individual or couple. We can also design a special tour for your group, based on your interests and time frame. Please click on the "Contact CCFoodTours" link for more information.
- Do you have special rates for children or non-drinkers?
- Sorry, our tickets are sold at a single rate - as designated on our website and the zerve booking page. We are happy to accommodate people who prefer not to drink alcoholic beverages with substitutions.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Proof of age required to consume alcohol.
- The State of California requires an individual must be 21 years of age to purchase and drink alcoholic beverages. While minors are able to attend the tour, please bring government issued photo identification if you plan on participating in the tastings.
Central Coast Food Tours
Yule grew up in the Soviet Union, came to the United States and soon discovered what "farm fresh" really meant. A Vodka and caviar purist, he has expanded his tastes for fine food and savory, unique food pairings, typical of the Eastern European Culture.
Laura grew up in a "foodie family," gaining an appreciation of fine food from her mother who operated a successful catering agency serving corporate clients and the Hollywood elite in Los Angeles for over 20 years. Since living on the Central Coast for the last 25 years, Laura has enjoyed the best of what the area has to offer, with an eye toward the undiscovered, high quality, value food and wine finds.
Yule and Laura have watched the Central Coast grow into its new status as a world-class wine and food region. They know it as only food lovers' can, and want to share it with you!