Our Georgetown Cherry Blossom Food Tour takes you to the historic yet chic charm of Georgetown, an area that pre-dated Washington DC. You will be transported on this 3-hour Food Tour across 250+ years of history, and enjoy flavors closely connected to the Northwest DC neighborhood. You will explore area chefs' creativity with Cherry Blossom inspired food and drink.You will appreciate the vision behind their Cherry Blossom Festival themed dishes, whether it be Japanese inspired, or a sweet and savory cherry inspired dish.
Your food tour may include the following specialties:
- Cherry infused dishes from a French Cafe
- House made desserts with a cherry twist from one of the best Bakeries in Washington DC.
- Japanese inspired dishes from a Modern Americn Italian Restaurant
This is a three-hour guided journey will bring together progressive, high end cuisine, with long standing DC institutions. From restaurants and shops running before prohibition, to swanky hotspots, this Food Tour brings together some of the best this area has to offer during the Cherry Blossom Festival, while savoring a wide variety of Cherry Blossom themed food and drink.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out quickly ahead of time. To maximize your chances of getting your desired day, time, and number of tickets, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, AMEX, or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we will add an additional tour. Please contact us by clicking the "Contact DCFoodTours" link to let us know what date you are interested in. We may provide additional tours once a tour is close to being sold out. The maximum number of people per tour group is 12.
- When is this tour offered?
- This tour is only offered during the annual Cherry Blossom Festival. This year, the festival is scheduled for March 20th-April 13th.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is three hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis. Since there is a lot of standing and walking, please consider this when deciding whether the tour is appropriate for your child.
- If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- If you are bringing children below the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. However, please do let us know if you will be attending with an infant or young child when you purchase tickets.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?
- Cherry infused dishes from a French Cafe, house made desserts with a cherry twist, traditional Czech and Slovak Fare as well as Japanese inspired dishes from a 30 year old Family Run Italian Restaurant.
- How much food is served on the tour?
- There are 4 stops on the tour where you will be served small specialty meals. For most people there is enough food that dinner afterwards will not be necessary.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know well enough in advance, we can often accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about the special needs until the day of the tour, it is usually not possible for us to appropriately adjust the food on the tour.
- Are there kosher options on the tour?
- Unfortunately we do not serve kosher food on the tour.
- Are there any beverages served on the tour?
- Water will be served at each stop on the tour, and coffee or tea at the final stop on the tour.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Absolutely not! Aside from sampling delicious food, you will also experience life as we journey through Georgetown, to complete your Cherry Blossom Festival experience. During your tour, learn about how Georgetown was a working class port city and how it relates to the Cherry Blossom Festival, while savoring a wide variety of Cherry Blossom themed food and drink.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at all restaurants. We will stop at each restaurant for 20-25 minutes, which includes time to use the bathrooms.
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- We are on our feet for approximately half of the tour and cover about a mile walking. We cover a good deal of information yet walk at a comfortable pace. We sit at most restaurants for 20-25 minutes. Remember to wear comfortable shoes.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. If you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour, please contact DC Metro Food Tours by clicking on the "Contact DCFoodTours" link.
- Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are always appreciated, although not mandatory.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. We will not be outdoors for the entire tour. You should still dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- Unfortunately, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Does this tour have anything to offer DC area residents?
- Absolutely! Many of our attendees live in the Washington DC area. Locals often take the tours to learn about the unique neighborhoods that surround the nation’s capital. We mainly stay off the beaten path, and thus avoid being consumed by crowds of tourists.
- Can I shop on the tour?
- We ask that you wait to shop until after the tour so that we can stay on schedule and continue with the informative tour and food tastings in a timely manner. Hopefully, you will allow time at the end of the tour to return to your favorite locations and/or stores.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The tour finishes within three blocks of the starting point. Additionally, each participant will receive specific direction details and a map at the beginning of the tour in order to gain familiarity with the area.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. Cameras and filming are allowed during the tour. We strongly encourage participants to take photos throughout the tour.
- How many stops will there be? And how much time will we spend at each stop?
- There will be 4 stops along the tour. Each stop will last between 20 and 25 minutes.
- How much time will be spent inside? How much will be spent outside?
- You will spend between at least half the tour inside various restaurants. The other half will be spent on the streets of historic Georgetown.
- Is there wheelchair access on the tour?
- Our tour will cover some uneven terrain. If you or another guest with you needs wheelchair access, please contact the seller in advance. We will work to accomodate you.
- Is there parking nearby the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there is a parking garage located near the meeting point. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions after purchasing ticket(s).
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all DC Metro Food Tours and make an ideal gift for birthdays, holidays, or any occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact DCFoodTours" link to make a request.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. To learn more about booking a Private Group Tour, please click on the "Contact DCFoodTours" link.
DC Metro Food Tours
We will open your mind and palette to the sights, sounds and flavors that Washington DC has to offer. The area best known for its museums and moments is also full of exciting, historic neighborhoods that offer a wide range of cuisine that will change your expectations of our nation’s capital.