During this special 3 hour tour on wheels, Alison will entertain you with personal anecdotes from her zero degrees of separation to the legends. You name it, Nasty Nellie has a story for just about everyone from Liberace to Michael Jackson, from Paris Hilton to the Manson Family.
In three hours, Alison will share her personal history geographically, from Gardner Elementary School (and her superstar classmate MJ) and Hollywood High School to the legendary Garden of Allah and the Chateau Marmont.
Of course there will be plenty of time for Q and A! Ask her anything! Included is also an autographed photo of Alison, and an opportunity to have your picture taken with her. Don't forget your camera! This is a rare treat - a tour given by an international television icon!
Alison has been there and seen it all, and for a limited time, is sharing it with us, the lucky ones at Dearly Departed Tours.
Richard Sebastian is co producer and co host of this event.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Good Tour, but could have been better.
|mccraig74||Sun, Aug 23, 15 3:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
It was good to meet Alison, but the van was hot and sound system was not that great. Half way through we stopped for a bathroom break and when we got back at our required time they were selling her tee shirts, books, and autographed picture. All of that took an additional 20 minutes which was tacked on to the tour so it didnt finish at 6. It should have been done when the tour ended. I guess I expected more for $85. Alison's stories were great and loved meeting her.
My third nasty Nellie Oleson Tour; that should say
|BCWilliams||Sun, Aug 23, 15 3:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
One reason the tour was wonderful for me is that Alison Arngrim is a wonderful person who gives. This includes thinking of each audience, big or small (small in this case) as a new set of people she can interact with. She couldn't dive a canned performance if she wanted to. This was my third tour, and of course there are some things covered that were in earlier tours. Bur there was a surprising amount of new material, and definitely her communications with the group were not the same...see above. Great tour guide and driver too.
Alison was AMAZING!
|hatchersteve||Sun, Feb 8, 15 4:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family Without Children|
It's very rare in life to meet a celebrity or person who you followed while growing up. It is a "one in a million chance" to have that person give you a personal tour of his/her life and confess their trials and tribulations of being a child actor. None the less, having them stroll you through famous sites in Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Alison Arnigrim did just this!
I was very excited when I ran across a website stating she was giving a limited number of tours with a limited number of people. Immediately, I booked two tickets for my wife and I. Upon meeting her, Alison was very down to earth, totally cool, and extremely personable.
During our tour, we lazily perused the streets of Los Angeles, Alison revealing behind the scenes stories of Little House on the Prairie, as well as personal stories about her life growing up in Hollywood. From time to time, she would point out historical items of interest, letting you know that something "famous" happened there. She throws wit, charm, and humor in all of her stories making the experience most enjoyable. Richard, our driver, was just as amazing because he was full of so much Hollywood wisdom that it totally complimented Alison's stories. Our tour lasted about 3.5 hours.
I would HIGHLY recommend this tour if you are big Little House on the Prairie fan or just want an enjoyable night on the town, As Michael Landon stated "Remember me with smiles and laughter for that's way I'll remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears then don't remember me at all.”
|adonaldson6||Sun, Feb 1, 15 4:00 PM||Unspecified||20-29||Combination||Individual|
Ms. Arngrim was endlessly gracious, willing to discuss any subject suggested by tourgoers. She was happy to sign anything and made sure that everyone who wanted photos was able to get them without feeling rushed. The stories were certainly entertaining - I highly recommend this tour for any "Prairie" fans, and anyone who is interested in Hollywood in general.
Very funny but some awkwardness
|kpiche1||Sun, Nov 30, 14 4:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Alison was very entertaining throughout the tour. She shared tons of behind-the-scenes information about Little House. However, the tour ended poorly. Alison had some friends along on the tour. The literally were talking behind our backs and criticizing us saying things such as "they didn't buy her book" (not a requirement of the $70 ticket price). Alison's friends represent her, and it was unprofessional that they insulted the people who actually paid for the tour. Too bad this initially fun tour ended on a sour note.
|Pboersma||Sun, Nov 2, 14 4:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
This tour was the most fun ever! I was a fan of Little House on the Prairie and when I heard that Allison Arngrim had a tour where she took fans to places where she grew up and dished dirt and some hilarious stories about her past, I said "sign me up!" Allison did not disappoint! She was incredibly down to earth and would enthusiastically answer any questions that were asked of her about her days "on the prairie". Our driver whose name unfortunately escapes me while writing this, was just awesome, adding in additional tidbits and trivia and pointing out other non-Nellie related points of interest along the tour. It was like a comedy podcast on wheels! If you were a fan of Little House or just want to enjoy a FUN time with an extremely entertaining lady, take this tour!
|watchlar||Sun, Aug 24, 14 4:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
thanks Alison..it was a blast!!!!!!!!!
3 hours with a wonderful lady & only 11 others
|BCWilliams||Sun, Aug 24, 14 4:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
Alison Arngrim is a very funny and wonderful lady. To spend 3 hours with her and only 11 others is the treasure of a lifetime. I've now done it twice. She is smart, too, having chosen an excellent tour guide. She cares about her fans having a good time. It doesn't take a big mathematical brain to figure that she doesn't make a lot of money on tours of this size, but it is so obvious she loves doing it as much as we love going on the tour. This review form says I have a lot of space left, but how long does it take to say this tour is wonderful? Oh yeah, she is nasty all right. I don't want all my praise to destroy her nasty reputation. But I would love to get tossed into a mudpit by her!
COMFORTABLE, FUNNY, AND FUN!
|THEATRICALME||Sun, Jul 20, 14 4:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
Alison Arngrim is so kind and friendly, and she is a very funny comedian with a twist on a tour van! She will answer any questions, reveal personal experiences with Hollywood, stop for a milkshake during the restroom break at Farmers Market, and sign her photos. This tour was so fun! Even my colleague that I invited to the tour who never saw "Little House" was very entertained and liked it very much. The van tour guide along with Alison was like listening to a very funny radio show, but I was there! I would recommend this very original tour very highly. If she has another one with more funny stuff, I will definitely be there on the tour!
Wonderfully Nasty with Nellie Olsen
|richieonline||Sun, Jan 5, 14 4:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
Absolutely wonderful time with tour guide Richard and of course the beautiful and funny Alison Arngrim!! Alison took the time out at the Hollywood sign to take as many personal pictures with her as you wanted, the tour itself was great AND as a surprise added bonus she autographed a picture of herself to each person for FREE! Definitely recommend!!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly suggested as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- What do I need to do?
- Book a ticket and show up!
- Is the tour suitable for children?
- There are stories that will no doubt be of an adult nature, so we would recommend ages 13 and up only on this tour.
- What happens if it rains?
- Since the tour takes place in an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, you'll be comfortable no matter what the weather brings. We have large windows on either side, so your visibility won't be impaired.
- Can I bring a camera?
- Absolutely. Alison will be happy to pose for a photograph with you.
- Can I bring food or beverages?
- Food is not allowed, neither is alcohol. Feel free to bring along a soda, water or coffee. A restroom break will be offered, about half way through the tour.
- What kind of bus will the tour be on?
- Your tour will take place on a climate controlled 13 seater mini bus. Your guide will also be driving and will tell you all about the sites on the tour using a microphone.
- Are there any stops on the tour?
- There will be one stop during the tour at the Hollywood sign to get out and take a picture with Alison, but otherwise the tour takes place entirely inside the tour bus. It is a mobile tour so we can cover a lot of ground!
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of L.A.?
- Although this tour does go through various neighborhoods and locations of interest, it is a tour focused on the personal history of little Nellie Oleson! It will give you a different view into LA than you would get on a standard sightseeing tour.
- Are there bathrooms available during the tour?
- There will be one bathroom stop about halfway through the tour.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is limited room on board the bus to store your belongings. There will be room under your seat for smaller items, but please do try to bring only what you will need with you to the tour.
- Is the bus handicapped accessible?
- If you have limited mobility and a collapsible wheelchair, we should be able to accommodate you and assist you into the bus. However, if you have a non-collapsible wheelchair or no mobility, unfortunately our bus is not equipped to be able to accommodate you. Please let us know whether or not you will need assistance upon purchasing your tickets.
- Where does the tour end?
- We return to our starting point, near Sunset Boulevard and Cassil Place.
- Can I book the whole bus for my group?
- If you'd like to book the entire bus for your group, all you need to do is purchase all 12 seats on the bus and the price will automatically be discounted. Then the bus will be booked for only your group!
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes. To request a gift certificate, please contact Dearly Departed Tours directly via the “Contact DDTours” link to the left of the page.
- Can I book a tour for more than 12 people?
- No, because Alison can only be on one vehicle at a time, the tour is limited to 12 passengers!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Tour participants must be age 13 or older.
- Because this tour does include some mature and adult oriented stories, participants must be ages 13 or up.
Dearly Departed Tours
Dearly Departed Tours now offers a 3 hour tour with Alison Arngrim, Nasty Nellie Oleson from Little House on the Prairie.
Alison grew up in Los Angeles, and spent most of her life in front of the camera (and it shows!) She is now opening up her history, with a tour of her old Hollywood Haunts!