Lurking beneath the charming waterfront community of Sturgeon Bay lives the horror of its horrific murders, haunted buildings and spirited maritime past.
During this two-hour tour, you'll not only hear the spooky tales, but your guide will lead you off the trolley at four different stops to get a closer look at the places that are a part of Sturgeon Bay's haunted past.
Join us on this haunted Trolley Ghost Tour to discover the mysterious happenings that still exist in "Olde Sturgeon Bay"...
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great Way to Celebrate Halloween!
|KellyKiorpes||Sat, Oct 31, 15 8:15 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My new husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our "Mini-Moon" in Door County, and the Haunted Trolley Tour was definitely a highlight! Our guide was knowledgeable and engaging, and the stories were fascinating and really brought a unique perspective and added depth to our visit. These types of tours are a great "gateway" to any place you are visiting and a wonderful way to get to know the area better. The fact that it was Halloween (our favorite holiday), the rest of the group was equally enthusiastic, and the spooky soundtrack while we drove from spot to spot - all only added to the ambiance and overall enjoyment! We will definitely be back to Door County and we will definitely book another tour with the DC Trolley group!
Yes, Virginia, there are ghosts in Door County!
|Shore25||Sat, Oct 31, 15 8:15 PM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The tour was very well done and great fun. Our leader ( and driver) was very knowledgeable about the history of Sturgeon Bay. He related a good number of interesting stories that leave no doubt about the existence of ghosts in the area.
A Good Time
|Rajmata||Sat, Oct 31, 15 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Group of Friends|
5 of us went on Halloween which we thought was appropriate. The weather was terrible but certainly provided atmosphere. Because of the weather we couldn't go to one of the stops and it was hard to see out at some of the stops but our guide told great stories. A bit pricey for what it is and since you can only buy tix on line you get socked with a few extra bucks tacked on. We will definitely try the Haunted DC tour next year and hope it doesn't rain.
Enjoyed the tour this is the second time we went!
|janitor||Sat, Oct 31, 15 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Very historical & interesting...
|gvosters||Sat, Oct 31, 15 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Unspecified||Family Without Children|
It was ok, doubt I would do it again
|solo0301||Sat, Oct 24, 15 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We have been wanting to take a tour like this for awhile and finally had the chance. The driver was wonderful and enthusiastic. We would do this again. Even though the weather was cool the trolley was kept warm for all to be comfortable. The only thing that I would recommend would be to have something at the end that highlights what has been talked about. We put together a scrapbook and tried to remember everything but know we have forgotten some. It is dark on the trolley so at times it might be hard to write and for me I didn't bring my purse due to getting on and off didn't want to carry it with so had no paper or pen.
Tour guide was not a good fit.
|Janetgrasley||Sat, Oct 24, 15 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Unspecified||Family Without Children|
Wasn't worth the price of the tour. Maybe a different guide would have made it better..He spoke extremely loud and it felt like he was preaching more then telling stories that
|TammyLoberg||Sat, Oct 24, 15 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was not really a ghost tour as much as it was a local history lesson. While the stories were less than interesting, the stops were even worse. Not worth the money or time.
Tour Guide Was the Problem
|Nikkiandmarl||Fri, Oct 23, 15 6:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My mom did a tour before and loved it, this year she said it was terrible compared to her first tour. Our tour guide was nice but he shouted at us the whole time, it was too loud, he played the same song on repeat and he also dragged the stories on and on with pointless details and then left out major parts of the stories. It would have been fun with a different tour guide.
Enjoyed the ride and stories
|rflickin||Sat, Oct 17, 15 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The driver/storyteller was a lot of fun, and the trolley was very comfortable despite the cold night. The sound system was actually a bit too loud at times, so hearing the ghost stories was not a problem. The stories went very well with the settings we stopped at, and it was just enough time off the trolley to stretch our legs but not get too frozen in the night wind.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Discover, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will get off the trolley four times on this Haunted Tour.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- This tour is recommended for children 5 years old and up. Kids under 5 years old are not allowed on the tour for the enjoyment of the other guests. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets the age of any children you will be bringing on the tour.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free, ample parking available for guests at the new Trolley Station.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes at the same location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Any snacks and beverages purchased at the Door County Trolley Station may be brought on the trolley to enjoy during the tour. We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Guests will be getting off the trolley at 4 stops during the tour, for approximately 5-15 minutes at each stop. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. Please use the bathroom facilities before arriving at the pickup location.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- We will be getting off the trolley 4 times during the tour, but we move at a casual pace. There is minimal to moderate walking for short distances on the tour but comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Can I store anything on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How long will we spend at each location?
- Several ghost stories are told on the trolley as well as during the 4 stops when we get off the trolley. We will spend approximately 5-15 minutes off the trolley at each stop.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of both Door County's scenic and "spirited" places that we visit on this tour.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- No, there are no stops for shopping on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Haunted Olde Sturgeon Bay Ghost Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed on this tour for the enjoyment of all participants. If you are bringing any children who are 5 and older, we do ask that you let us know the age of any participating children by entering a Message to the Seller.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...