Lurking beneath the charming waterfront community of Sturgeon Bay lives the horror of its horrific murders, haunted buildings and spirited maritime past.
During this two-hour tour, you'll not only hear the spooky tales, but your guide will lead you off the trolley at four different stops to get a closer look at the places that are a part of Sturgeon Bay's haunted past.
Join us on this haunted Trolley Ghost Tour to discover the mysterious happenings that still exist in "Olde Sturgeon Bay"...
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|dianesternat||Fri, Oct 2 6:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
too few stories the ones he talked about were too long and uninteresting, too melodramatic for the story details, no scary stories or typically associated Halloween or haunted stories to relate to us. very disappointed!
Fun and interesting
|fmanke||Fri, Oct 2 6:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
A fun tour filled with interesting stories of local sights and people with a supernatural twist! Our guide Don was great! He was very energetic and informative. Can't wait to get back to DC to try another tour.
A Hauntingly Good Time!
|pattynbruce||Fri, Oct 2 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
From the minute we got on the trolley and the tour guide introduced himself, we knew we had picked the right tour. Our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining as he presented a "scary" story to go along with each stop. Tour was nicely laid out, with a combination of both on the bus and off the bus stops. Hands-down our favorite activity during our trip to Door County.
|DJonasson20||Fri, Oct 2 6:00 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My girlfriend and I went on this activity together and really enjoyed it. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic, fun, and informative. Great way to see the area and get some great stories.
|cskenandore||Sat, Sep 26 7:00 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great weather, great time. Minor complaint was that on this particular time we went (2nd ghost tour experience) he microphone was a little bit too loud, but thats an easy fix when you request a volume adjustment. Entertaining and pertinent to history!
|debconlon||Fri, Sep 25 7:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Interesting stories. The delivery needs to be worked on. The seat on the trolley was very tight.
Would have been better without cheesy music
|EIPierce||Fri, Sep 18 7:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The tour was fairly good, but the cheesy horror music played throughout the ride sort of ruined the experience. If that was taken out, and the sites on the tour focused more on actual historical details and supposed hauntings of areas instead of sensationalism and murder gore, it would be a better attraction and more worth the price.
|LarryCerny||Sat, Nov 1, 14 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We enjoyed our tour, but it actually didn't meet our expectations.
Interesting Storytelling Tour
|1Velvet||Sat, Oct 25, 14 8:15 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
We enjoyed our driver who told us very interesting stories of ghosts, murders and other mysteries that happened in the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin area over the past 100 years or so. Not scary just fun and interesting.
We enjoyed it very much, would do it again:
|debkruhmin||Sat, Oct 25, 14 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I had surprised my family, with this tour and did not give them any details where we were going: They enjoyed it alot! Great tour for the whole family: My kids are 13 and 10
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will get off the trolley four times on this Haunted Tour.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- This tour is recommended for children 5 years old and up. Kids under 5 years old are not allowed on the tour for the enjoyment of the other guests. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets the age of any children you will be bringing on the tour.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free, ample parking available for guests at the new Trolley Station.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring snacks and beverages to enjoy during the tour. The new Trolley Station offers a full coffee bar, wine & beer available for purchase. We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Guests will be getting off the trolley at 4 stops during the tour, for approximately 5-15 minutes at each stop. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. Please use the bathroom facilities before arriving at the pickup location.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- We will be getting off the trolley 4 times during the tour, but we move at a casual pace. There is minimal to moderate walking for short distances on the tour but comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Can I store anything on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- How long will we spend at each location?
- Several ghost stories are told on the trolley as well as during the 4 stops when we get off the trolley. We will spend approximately 5-15 minutes off the trolley at each stop.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of both Door County's scenic and "spirited" places that we visit on this tour.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- No, there are no stops for shopping on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Haunted Olde Sturgeon Bay Ghost Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed on this tour for the enjoyment of all participants. If you are bringing any children who are 5 and older, we do ask that you let us know the age of any participating children by entering a Message to the Seller.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...