Want to be a local for a few hours in Downtown St. Petersburg? Get off the beaten track and head beyond the tourist traps to explore the real downtown neighborhood. Downtown St. Petersburg is a foodie mecca just waiting to be explored!
On this 3 hour guided food tour adventure, you may have the opportunity to taste authentic Italian food, visit specialty shops or experience cuban food, a glass of wine or a flight of craft beer as well as other delicious eateries all while discovering the history of the city and the vibrant stories that make it come alive.
Recommended for Family's, Kids and all ages.
Wheel Chair Friendly. Vegetarian Friendly.
Your adventure includes 10 + tastings at 5 to 6 different venues. Some of the food venues for each tour may include:
- Sweet Divas
- The Savory Spice Shop
- The Witches BBQ
- Try Wine
- Moscato's Bella Cuisina
- Loni's Sandwich
- Mickey's Organic Cafe
- Crowley's Down Town
All Tastings Are Included
Enough food is served that for most participants, a meal afterwards is not needed. Please note that tasting locations are subject to change. Some tastings are served standing and others while sitting in a restaurant.
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and while not required is greatly appreciated. If you had a fabulous time please be sure to tip your guide.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance for all our tours. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express through this site or over the phone. Cash is not accepted.
- If a food tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Currently we have no waiting list, however, there is always a possibility we may add an additional tour on that day. Please contact us by clicking "Contact ESIFoodTours" to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- How much food is served on the food tour?
- We visit 5 to 6 venues on our food tours and serve enough food that for most participants they are comfortably full after. At the end of the food tour most people will not need to eat another meal.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?
- Food is provided by local restaurants, specialty stores and ethnic eateries. Each tour includes a variety of tastings that could include Cuban or Italian food, pizza or even a glass of wine.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
- Please let us know if you or any one in your group has any dietary restrictions or food allergies upon purchasing your tickets. While some of the tastings are simply hard to replace, we will do our best to accommodate restrictions if notified in advance.
- Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- Each of our food tours offers alternative food options for vegetarians. Please be sure to mention your preference for vegetarian options when purchasing your ticket, as we will not be able to arrange for alternative options on the day of the tour.
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- There is a moderate amount of walking, approximately 1 mile, that is done at an enjoyable pace in between our food stops. We also get to sit at most of our tasting locations so you are able to rest as you eat!
- What happens if it rains?
- All our tours are held in both rain or sunshine! We advise you to check the weather conditions for your day's event and dress appropriately and bring an umbrella if needed.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tours, however, parents, who know their children best, should assess whether a 3 hour walking food tour is appropriate for their own children. A reduced price ticket is available for children 12 and under who will be eating. As a general guideline, we do not recommend this tour for very young children.
- If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- If you are bringing an infant or very young child who will not be participating in the tastings, you do not need to purchase a ticket and they are welcome to come for free.
- Can I shop during the tour?
- Yes, there will be limited time to shop at the tasting locations we visit. For all other stores we pass by on our route, we ask you to return to them later. Please keep in mind that our tours need to stay on a schedule to arrive at each tasting location on time.
- When is the best time to take the tour?
- We recommend taking one of our tours at the beginning of your visit, that way you can go back and visit the tasting locations again and enjoy the wonderful neighborhoods.
- Do your tours have anything to offer a local?
- Absolutely, many of our participants live in St. Petersburg or the surrounding areas. In fact, some have lived here for 20 years and are happily surprised to discover new restaurants they have never been to or learn about the history and culture of the neighborhoods.
- Does the tour end at the same place we meet?
- Our tours can end anywhere from 2-5 blocks from the meeting location but generally not more than a 10 minute walk. Instructions will be given at the end of the tour so you will know how to return to the meeting location or other destinations.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- No, in addition to tasting a variety of local foods, Eat.Sip.Indulge food tours combine history, vibrant stories of the neighborhoods and culinary insights into a unique 3 hour experience.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Every tasting location has a bathroom available during the tour.
- Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
- Yes, all tours are wheelchair and baby stroller accessible.
- Is there parking near the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there are multiple parking options near the meeting point. Specific parking details will be included along with directions to the meeting location after purchasing your ticket.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, we encourage all participants to take photos during the tour.
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Yes, although not mandatory, are appreciated. If you had a fabulous time, please be sure to tip your tour guide. The standard gratuity in the service industry is 15 to 20%.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, at this time our tour are only offered in English.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, Gift Certificates are available. Please click on the "Contact ESIFoodTours" link to let us know if you are interested in one, so we can make arrangements to send it to you or the recipient.
- Can I book a private group tour?
- Yes, private group tour are also available! Please click on the "Contact ESIFoodTours" link on the left side of the page to send us an inquiry.
Eat.Sip.Indulge Food Tours
Our exciting guided food adventures will introduce you to an insider's view of the diverse local food scene on a neighborhood level. Combining delicious food and drink tastings while highlighting the vibrant stories and history of the people and places that have made these Florida locations exciting culinary destinations.
We are truly passionate about locally owned and operated businesses and when we began our journey creating this company we wanted to actively help grow other businesses too. We believe that each community matters and that is why it is important to keep it local. Therefore, we are proud that all our restaurants and specialty stores are locally owned and operated, they deliver outstanding service to our guests, offer hand-selected fresh and organic ingredients and love what they do, and it shows every time we visit them on our food tours.
We've done extensive research and trial runs to make sure each food tour is a truly unique and enjoyable experience, from the tastings, portion sizes, walking distance and the character of each place. Each location was carefully selected after months of eating and building relationships. We love our tours and hope you will enjoy them just as much as we do.