The Eating Rehoboth tour also visits specialty food shops and beachy outdoor venues. As you stroll along the Boardwalk and through the streets of Rehoboth Beach, our seasoned guides will bring you up-to-date on local history and restaurant lore. Combined experiences add up to a delicious lunch, some great memories and take-home items.
During this 3-hour, 21 and older only tour, you will visit foodie destinations such as:
- a(MUSE.), up-to-the-minute molecular gastronomy from James Beard-nominated and Chef Of The Year Award-winning toque, Hari Cameron.
- The Back Porch Cafe -- 40 years of country French dining just steps from the Atlantic.
- Mariachi Restaurant -- Upscale Spanish cuisine with a Mexican and Salvadoran accent. Owner Yolanda will welcome you with, "Mi casa, su casa!"
A sip, a bite, and a chance to meet an owner or a chef, all add up to a great lunch, lots of fun and brand new friends. And ... you're now free to return to your favorite place knowing what to expect and what to order!
Please note: We are sorry, but EatingRehoboth and EatingLewes tours are unable to accommodate any dietary restrictions, allergies or food substitutions.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Eating Rehoboth-Treat Yourself!
|Gaylej62||Sun, Jul 26 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My husband and I treated my sister in law to a birthday treat, well quite a few treats with each restaurant we visited! Bob, our tour guide, regaled us with Rehoboth history as we walked around this quaint little town and he provided a fabulous description of each proprietary we visited. We loved trying new foods and cocktails, enjoyed the groups company and really had a fun time experiencing Rehoboth's culinary diversity, offered all within a couple blocks. I've been coming to Rehoboth for over 27 years and always visited the same restaurants.....well not anymore! Thank you "Eating Rehoboth"'
Fun, informative and would do again!
|ttscott||Sun, Jul 26 1:00 PM||Male||50-59||Combination||Family Without Children|
Our guide Bob made the tour both fun and informative. As a local food critic, he had deep insight into the food culture of the area. As lifelong visitors to Rehoboth, we enjoyed exploring venues we would have otherwise not ventured into. The food and drink provided was plentiful and very yummy! The dynamics of a enthusiastic group of culinary adventurers also set the stage for a good time. Be prepared with good walking shoes and a good appetite. This tour is definitely recommended for an enlightening peek into the Rehoboth Beach food culture.
Surpassed our expectations!
|Itzyetta||Sun, Jul 26 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Couple on a Date|
This was a WONDERFUL experience! Each restaurant was very welcoming and the food / drink was spectacular. Bob Yesbek, our guide, was sooooo much fun and full of interesting trivia about the area. We HIGHLY recommend this activity!
You don't want to miss this!
|DeniseSecor||Sun, Jul 26 1:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Our tour guide, Bob, was knowledgeable and funny. We stopped at five different restaurants and were treated to amazing dishes and drinks at each stop. We loved everything about the tour and cannot recommend it enough!
Very nice and informative experience.
|dannythayer||Fri, Jul 24 1:00 PM||Male||70+||Local||Other|
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. We do have a couple of suggestions which we feel would improve an already great experience. Cold water at each restaurant in addition to the drink served would have been nice (2 of the 5 restaurants did have water and it was a nice touch). Also, we thought it would be helpful to have a list of the restaurants visited. This list could be provided after the tour or as we entered a restaurant. All in all, it was a job well done.
5th time was great!
|tracyst||Sun, Jul 12 1:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Other|
Cannot say enough about the food tour! I highly rec
ommend that you try this activity! This was my 5th food tour!
eclectic walking food tour
|rgkarp||Fri, Jul 10 1:00 PM||Female||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
tasted food from Turkey, pub food, dessert, and sophisticated American fare, Hosts were very informative and friendly. and Paul was superb.
Wonderful full-filling day!
|Maryveronica||Fri, Jul 10 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Couple on a Date|
The tour guide was so nice, pleasant, patient and informative. We just moved here, though we knew several places we would have missed others without the day. And all restaurranteurs were great and very accommodating. Never thought I would try one of the meals but I did!! Tasted like chicken!!
|cheftom||Fri, Jul 3 1:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The whole tour was amazing. I truly did not expect the amount of effort, and the wonderful food and drinks that were provided to us. Walking around the town as we visited each place, I felt very special. The enthusiasm that came forth from the restaurant folks who we visited was special and I can see why the foodie scene in Rehoboth is unique and special. I can't wait to come back next year and have dinner at these places, and to go on the Sunday tour as well!
|cynthiamyers||Fri, Jul 3 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Outstanding walking tour of some of the many excellent restaurants of Rehobeth. Out tour guide was great and threw in history of the town. Started with an appetizer and ended with dessert.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay with cash?
- Advance purchase is required, since tours can often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling Zerve with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Cash is not accepted. Book in advance to maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets are non-refundable and can only be used for the stated date and time you selected. If your desired date/time is unavailable, another tour might still be available on another day.
- Is there an age requirement for the tour?
- Alcohol is served at some of our stops, so our age minimum is 21. If there is a question, we will ask for proper government issued ID.
- What if it rains?
- The tour is held rain or shine. But don’t worry! Some of our best tours have taken place in less-than-perfect weather! And we will provide umbrellas for your use during the tour.
- Can I get a refund if I can't make the tour?
- Your space is guaranteed, so tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled. No partial credit or rescheduling is allowed for partial attendance, no-shows or late arrivals. It is your responsibility to join us at the right location and at the right time. Tours depart promptly.
- How much food will I eat on the tour?
- There are typically 5 stops where you will be served small specialty tastes. Most participants will not find it necessary to eat afterwards. But you will probably have room for a late evening bite– preferably at one of the restaurants you visited!
- What types of food are served on the tour?
- The chefs decide what you will be sampling. Sometimes it’s a surprise! Typically it will be a seasonal item, from soups to an appetizer, a small salad or a taste of the restaurant’s specialty.
- Are beverages served on the tour?
- Water is supplied or is available at all restaurants. Some also provide samples of specialty cocktails, beers or wine. Please do not bring any outside food or alcohol to the tour.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Contact EatRehoboth" link to the left of the page to send an inquiry. One of our staff members will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- How long is the tour?
- Approximately 3 hours. During the summer when the parking meters are in effect, we strongly recommend you arrange to park for at least 4 hours.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour? What about wheelchairs?
- The tour covers about 1.5 miles (10-30 minutes total walking.) We walk at a leisurely pace and include several stops. While many of the stops on our tour are wheelchair-accessible, some may not be. Please click on the "Contact Rehoboth" link to the left of the page if you have additional questions about wheelchair accessibility.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any dietary restrictions at this time.
- Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- Unfortunately we do not offer vegetarian options at this time. However, we are planning vegetarian tours for the future.
- Does the tour have anything to offer to locals?
- Absolutely! You will learn more of the area’s history and have the opportunity to meet behind-the-scenes owners and managers from the area's restaurants.
- How many people will there be on the tour?
- The maximum number of people per tour guide is 16.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Eating Rehoboth combines a culinary tour with a narrative of Rehoboth’s history and whimsical tidbits to give you new insights into downtown Rehoboth Beach. Tours also include opportunities to interact with chefs or proprietors and/or restaurant staff.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- Yes. Bathrooms are available at each of the restaurant stops.
- Where does the tour finish?
- Tours end within easy walking distance of our starting point.
- Can I shop on the tour?
- In deference to other participants and our restaurants’ schedules, we ask that you wait until after the tour to shop so we can ensure an enjoyable experience for all.
- Can I bring my dog (or cat, parrot, gecko, etc.)?
- Health department regulations prohibit all animals in restaurants, other than service animals.
- What should I wear?
- Casual and comfortable is the order of the day. But please, no swimsuits. You will be visiting some of the finer restaurants in town, so “No shirt, no shoes, no service” definitely applies.
- Is parking available near the meeting location?
- Parking can be challenging in the downtown area. Participants should arrive with plenty of time and patience to find parking. Detailed meeting location and parking details will be provided immediately upon ticket purchase.
- What about gratuities?
- Gratuities for the restaurants are included in your ticket price. Tips for your tour guide are not required, but are always appreciated.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! To learn more about Private Group Packages, please click on the "Contact EatRehoboth" link on the left of the page to send an inquiry. Please include your preferred date, time and party size.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Dietary resrictions
- We are sorry, but EatingRehoboth tours are unable to accommodate any dietary restrictions, allergies or food substitutions at this time.
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
Deb Griffin, Paul Cullen and the Rehoboth Foodie want you to experience the dining delights of Rehoboth Beach, the recognized culinary destination on the Delaware Coast.
Eating Rehoboth lets you sample some of the best eateries in town during the ultimate Rehoboth food tour.
The Rehoboth Foodie is a restaurant reviewer and columnist, published up and down the Delaware and Maryland coasts. He maintains RehobothFoodie.com, the definitive restaurant review and commentary website, and is the author of the popular travel app, Rehoboth In My Pocket. If it's in Rehoboth and it involves a restaurant, he'll know about it!
Deb Griffin is a real estate agent by day and Rehoboth explorer by night! In 2006 Deb got her Real Estate license and loves exploring all that Delaware has to offer. She uses that info to publish The Local Buzz, a newsletter that keeps everyone in the know about what’s new in Rehoboth Beach.
Paul Cullen is the former bass guitarist for the rock band Bad Company and now follows his passion for guitar, wine and food! He recently released 3 CDs that feature cool, Latin jazz. His Cullen-ary skills shine as he pairs the perfect wines with the perfect foods. Explore Rehoboth and find Paul playing in a posh eatery, performing a cooking demo and pourin' delicious wines.