Santa Fe is a foodie paradise with so many restaurants it can be overwhelming to visitors! What better way to be introduced to the city and its delectable hidden gems than through local food lovers here at Food Tour New Mexico?
The Taste of Santa Fe tour is a perfect opportunity to experience some of the finest dining establishments in downtown Santa Fe!
Some of the establishments we will visit on this 2½ hour tour include:
- La Casa Sena
- Taberna (Includes wine pairing)
- Santa Fe Olive Oil
- Luminaria (Includes drink pairing)
- Kakawa Chocolate House
- The Santa Fe Plaza
- St. Francis Cathedral
- The Loretto Chapel (Miraculous staircase)
- San Miguel Mission (Oldest Church)
- The Santa Fe River
- The State Capital Building
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your tour guide are always appreciated.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great way to learn about Santa Fe food culture!
|sarahan||Fri, Dec 4, 15 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Nick was a great host and very well known to the Santa Fe food culture. The tour is a good way to start off your visit to get useful knowledge about both the history and food of the town.
|amybaggs||Mon, Nov 16, 15 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We enjoyed the "A Taste of Santa Fe" tour immensely! The guide was informative and friendly, and the food was amazing! I would recommend to anyone!
Very good guide in Erica
|GeoMak||Mon, Nov 16, 15 11:00 AM||Male||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Our guide was well informed and ensured that each place we visited was informed of our arrival prior to getting to each place. This meant we didn't have a tight agenda and could pause at various places as we chose. Very informative regarding history and events. The restaurants were very courteous and generous in their samples. We did visit these places after the tour (on other days) to enjoy the food and service of each.
Highlight of my Trip! =)
|SaraHamidi||Mon, Nov 9, 15 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
My best friend and I went to Albuquerque, NM our annual trip, and one thing that we always do when visiting a city is a food tour because we are true foodies! Since Santa Fe was only a short train ride away, we did the "A Taste of Santa Fe" food tour, and it ended up being the highlight of our trip thanks to the great restaurants, yummy food, and our awesome tour guide, Nick.
The thing we loved most about this tour was that it was planned out as meal. At the first stop, we had an appetizer, at the second stop we had tapas, at the third stop we had a light snack, at the fourth stop we had an entrée, and at the last stop we had dessert! It was a perfect lunch!
The food at every restaurant was absolutely delish, and the portions were extremely generous. Nick, our tour guide, was super nice and beyond awesome! He had so much knowledge about the city and about the food scene within it, and it was so nice to spend an afternoon with someone who was passionate about food as much as we were! =) He even gave my friend and I a great dinner recommendation! =)
I highly recommend this food tour or any of the food tours provided by Food Tour New Mexico! =)
|Schechters69||Mon, Oct 19, 15 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
As new visitors we were eager to enjoy the food and atmosphere of Santa Fe. There is no doubt that we would not have found these restaurants on our own while trying to immerse ourselves in everything else. Our guide Erica was delightful. The group was large and yet we all felt very special. We went back at our leisure and had a remarkable dinner at Tab. Boca on Marcy Street. If you plan to do anything in Santa Fe, this would be it!
|PammyMak||Mon, Oct 12, 15 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Traveling on a girlfriends trip, this food tour was a welcome change and got us out of the shops! :) The tour was both interesting and informative. Just enough mix of local history and good food. I would recommend taking it as early in your trip as possible. It gives you a good "lay of the land" as well as an excellent sampling of the local cuisine and restaurants. Met some interesting people and our tour guide, Nick, was excellent!
|KAI5038||Fri, Oct 9, 15 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Great way to learn about the city and intro to try mire
Informative and fun!!
|LeahTheige||Fri, Oct 9, 15 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
I would highly recommend doing this in the beginning of your trip. We waited until the day before we were leaving. After a few samplings, we would have loved extra time to go back. The guide also gave us other recommendations. Really fun walking tour!!
|Charleslw||Fri, Oct 9, 15 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was a very well put together short preview of the excellent restaurants of Santa Fe. We wish we had done this on the first day of our stay in Santa Fe, not that we didn't eat at some of your quality restaurants, just you showed us even more.
We also learnt a lot more about the history of Santa Fe.
Great way to taste great food in Santa Fe
|Belurs||Mon, Oct 5, 15 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Nick our tour guide was knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. We got to visit 4 different restaurants with unique foods. Highly recommend this tour!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash for tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance to increase your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets can be purchased with major credit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not offer a waiting list for tours. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- What is the difference between the Sample Santa Fe Food Tour and the Taste of Santa Fe Food Tour?
- The Taste of Santa Fe features some of Santa Fe's top restaurants and is not themed around New Mexican cuisine. It does however include TWO drink pairings along the way! (Sample Santa Fe does not include drink pairings but you are welcome to purchase additional drinks on any of our walking food tours!) On both tours, you will be exploring different aspects of Downtown Santa Fe, learning about the history and culture of the area, and visiting different restaurants where you will enjoy tastings. However, please note that the routes, restaurants, and historical tidbits are completely different on each of these tours.
- How much do we walk? Is it a fast pace?
- We walk approximately 1.5 - 2 miles on this tour over a 2.5 - 3 hour time span but with numerous stops. Although we walk at a very leisurely pace, please remember to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- How much food is served on a tour?
- We will be stopping at approximately 5 places and sampling a variety of different foods. For most people there will be enough food that lunch afterward is not necessary.
- What if I have food allergies?
- Please let us know when purchasing your tickets if anyone in your group has food allergies or other dietary restrictions. With advance notice we will do our best to accommodate you.
- What restaurants will we stop at and what kind of food will we sample?
- The restaurants for the Taste of Santa Fe tour are listed on the "Description" tab. The food we will be sampling on this tour does vary daily. If you would like to refer to our restaurant list and search the restaurants you will find each restaurants menus and credentials are more than reputable!
- Are there any beverages offered on the tour?
- This tour includes two drink pairing. One at Taberna, and the other at Luminaria! Each stop offers water along the way and additional drinks can be purchased during the tour.
- Can children come on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 2.5 - 3 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. If you are bringing children under the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. All other participants will require a full priced ticket.
- Are tours given in bad weather?
- These tours run rain or shine. If the weather is bad, we will be able to go into many of the establishments along the way. Please be sure to check the day's weather and dress appropriately.
- Do I tip the tour guide?
- Food Tour New Mexico does not include gratuities in the cost of the ticket. A standard gratuity for a tour guide is 15%- 20% of the price. If you have a great time, gratuities are graciously accepted by our tour guides.
- Are tours pet friendly?
- Although our four legged friends would love to taste too, due to the fact that we enter various food establishments, no pets are allowed on our tours.
- Does the tour end at the same place that we start?
- No. We end about three blocks away from our original starting point. However, our tour guide will be more than happy to help with directions.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes. Every stop has sufficient access.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- No! This is a three hour experience full of information, demonstrations, stories and great food. Guests will be guided around some of Santa Fe’s best places by a real local that knows the ins and outs of this great western town. Along the way we will point out great places to eat, shop and explore.
- Are bathrooms available on the tour?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at designated stops along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Absolutely. Both still and video cameras are allowed and encouraged along the tour.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Street parking can often be difficult to find; therefore, we suggest parking in one of the nearby parking garages. Information for nearby garages will be provide upon ticket purchase.
- Do the tours offer anything to native Santa Feans?
- Yes, many of the participants are locals that join us to learn about Downtown Santa Fe and the best specialty food store locations and local restaurants.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our tours are done in English, but with advance notice we may be able to accommodate a translator for an additional fee.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the "Contact FoodToursNM" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. Please click on the "Contact FoodToursNM" if you are interested in setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 7 do not need a ticket.
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with an accompanying adult) do not need a ticket in order to attend. Parents should assess whether the tour is appropriate for their child given the 2.5 hour duration. Note that the tour route is unfortunately not stroller accessible.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- Each Guest is subject to a Liability Waiver & Release. By purchasing this ticket, the purchaser of the tickets agrees to waive any present or future claims or actions for all persons participating in the activity of the purchased tickets. The purchaser & his/her guests will release & hold harmless Food Tour New Mexico from any & all liability as a result of any injury suffered or incurred while on any activity provided by Food Tour New Mexico and its personnel, for any reason, whether choosing to consume alcohol or not.
Food Tour New Mexico
Food Tour New Mexico was created by foodie Nick Peña with the idea that when culture, food, fun, and adventure meet, visitors can experience the wonders of Santa Fe through local eyes. In doing so we hope to make your visit to Santa Fe much more memorable, unique, and exciting!
So prepare to sample Santa Fe with an amazing day of demonstrations, first hand tales and of course great food samples from some of the specialty shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe so delectably unique!