Santa Fe is a foodie paradise with so many restaurants it can be overwhelming to visitors! What better way to be introduced to the city and its delectable hidden gems than through local food lovers here at Food Tour New Mexico?
The Taste of Santa Fe tour is a perfect opportunity to experience some of the finest dining establishments in downtown Santa Fe!
Some of the establishments we will visit on this 2½ hour tour include:
- La Casa Sena
- Taberna (Includes wine pairing)
- Santa Fe Olive Oil
- Luminaria (Includes drink pairing)
- Kakawa Chocolate House
- The Santa Fe Plaza
- St. Francis Cathedral
- The Loretto Chapel (Miraculous staircase)
- San Miguel Mission (Oldest Church)
- The Santa Fe River
- The State Capital Building
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your tour guide are always appreciated.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|LindaEckols||Wed, Sep 30 11:00 AM||Female||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Four friends took the food tour and thoroughly enjoyed every bite!
|Allysonlemon||Fri, Sep 25 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Enjoyed learning about some great restaurants and the area of Santa Fe! Erica did a wonderful job guiding us through Santa Fe! Would highly recommend this tour! We had wonderful food and drink at all the restaurants!
We returned to them and we're still very impressed with them, they even rembered us from the tour!
|Dmyers3||Wed, Sep 16 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Nick was a good tour guide , full of information on history , architecture , and of course food!
Sights and food together
|Clluecke||Fri, Sep 11 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Combination||Family Without Children|
This is a great way to get to know Santa Fe, you will see and hear local history and landmarks as you walk to each restaurant. The restaurant choices are outstanding, a great way to get acquainted with the unique cuisine of New Mexico and have an opportunity to hit the top spots in a short amount of time.
Fun easy tour.
|Bdweinga||Fri, Sep 11 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Awesome example of Santa Fe food & culture.
|VikkiAdams||Wed, Sep 9 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Nick, our guide, was very knowledgeable. The food was delicious. Much thought goes into the entire process. Enjoyed the walk and the history. I left a little hungry, which was a good thing because I wanted to try a burrito where Nick had his first job! Hot, hot, hot but very yummy!
Great way to see and taste in Santa Fe
|HowardHapner||Mon, Aug 24 11:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Our Taste of Santa Fe was exceptional. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. Gave us some real insight into the history of the city as well as directing us to GREAT food. Additional locations were suggested for sightseeing, sunset experiences and more!
Highly recommend this tour to those wanting to see Santa Fe from the local viewpoint.
The flavors of the restaurants were excellent!
|SKLOFTUS||Fri, Aug 21 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The flavors of the restaurants were excellent! Everyone is our group enjoyed every dish we had.
Nick was fantastic. Very informative and fun.
|ktumpek||Fri, Aug 7 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Next time we come back we will do another tour!
Awesome! Wish we had done this first!
|brockje||Fri, Aug 7 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was a fantastic way to see the city and learn a little history, and enjoy great food.
Ask if Nick can be your guide, he was wonderful! The locations selected fed us well and were varied. I will actually do this again, even if they go to the same locations; the food appears to be different and unique each time.
Can't wait to bring more friends!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash for tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance to increase your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets can be purchased with major credit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not offer a waiting list for tours. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- What is the difference between the Sample Santa Fe Food Tour and the Taste of Santa Fe Food Tour?
- The Taste of Santa Fe features some of Santa Fe's top restaurants and is not themed around New Mexican cuisine. It does however include TWO drink pairings along the way! (Sample Santa Fe does not include drink pairings but you are welcome to purchase additional drinks on any of our walking food tours!) On both tours, you will be exploring different aspects of Downtown Santa Fe, learning about the history and culture of the area, and visiting different restaurants where you will enjoy tastings. However, please note that the routes, restaurants, and historical tidbits are completely different on each of these tours.
- How much do we walk? Is it a fast pace?
- We walk approximately 1.5 - 2 miles on this tour over a 2.5 - 3 hour time span but with numerous stops. Although we walk at a very leisurely pace, please remember to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- How much food is served on a tour?
- We will be stopping at approximately 5 places and sampling a variety of different foods. For most people there will be enough food that lunch afterward is not necessary.
- What if I have food allergies?
- Please let us know when purchasing your tickets if anyone in your group has food allergies or other dietary restrictions. With advance notice we will do our best to accommodate you.
- What restaurants will we stop at and what kind of food will we sample?
- The restaurants for the Taste of Santa Fe tour are listed on the "Description" tab. The food we will be sampling on this tour does vary daily. If you would like to refer to our restaurant list and search the restaurants you will find each restaurants menus and credentials are more than reputable!
- Are there any beverages offered on the tour?
- This tour includes two drink pairing. One at Taberna, and the other at Luminaria! Each stop offers water along the way and additional drinks can be purchased during the tour.
- Can children come on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 2.5 - 3 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. If you are bringing children under the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. All other participants will require a full priced ticket.
- Are tours given in bad weather?
- These tours run rain or shine. If the weather is bad, we will be able to go into many of the establishments along the way. Please be sure to check the day's weather and dress appropriately.
- Do I tip the tour guide?
- Food Tour New Mexico does not include gratuities in the cost of the ticket. A standard gratuity for a tour guide is 15%- 20% of the price. If you have a great time, gratuities are graciously accepted by our tour guides.
- Are tours pet friendly?
- Although our four legged friends would love to taste too, due to the fact that we enter various food establishments, no pets are allowed on our tours.
- Does the tour end at the same place that we start?
- No. We end about three blocks away from our original starting point. However, our tour guide will be more than happy to help with directions.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes. Every stop has sufficient access.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- No! This is a three hour experience full of information, demonstrations, stories and great food. Guests will be guided around some of Santa Fe’s best places by a real local that knows the ins and outs of this great western town. Along the way we will point out great places to eat, shop and explore.
- Are bathrooms available on the tour?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at designated stops along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Absolutely. Both still and video cameras are allowed and encouraged along the tour.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Street parking can often be difficult to find; therefore, we suggest parking in one of the nearby parking garages. Information for nearby garages will be provide upon ticket purchase.
- Do the tours offer anything to native Santa Feans?
- Yes, many of the participants are locals that join us to learn about Downtown Santa Fe and the best specialty food store locations and local restaurants.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our tours are done in English, but with advance notice we may be able to accommodate a translator for an additional fee.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the "Contact FoodToursNM" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. Please click on the "Contact FoodToursNM" if you are interested in setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 7 do not need a ticket.
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with an accompanying adult) do not need a ticket in order to attend. Parents should assess whether the tour is appropriate for their child given the 2.5 hour duration. Note that the tour route is unfortunately not stroller accessible.
Food Tour New Mexico
Food Tour New Mexico was created by foodie Nick Peña with the idea that when culture, food, fun, and adventure meet, visitors can experience the wonders of Santa Fe through local eyes. In doing so we hope to make your visit to Santa Fe much more memorable, unique, and exciting!
So prepare to sample Santa Fe with an amazing day of demonstrations, first hand tales and of course great food samples from some of the specialty shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe so delectably unique!