Santa Fe is a foodie paradise with so many restaurants it can be overwhelming to visitors! What better way to be introduced to the city and its delectable hidden gems than through local food lovers here at Food Tour New Mexico?
The Taste of Santa Fe tour is a perfect opportunity to experience some of the finest dining establishments in downtown Santa Fe!
Some of the establishments we will visit on this 2½ hour tour include:
- La Casa Sena
- Taberna (Includes wine pairing)
- Santa Fe Olive Oil
- Luminaria (Includes drink pairing)
- Kakawa Chocolate House
- The Santa Fe Plaza
- St. Francis Cathedral
- The Loretto Chapel (Miraculous staircase)
- San Miguel Mission (Oldest Church)
- The Santa Fe River
- The State Capital Building
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your tour guide are always appreciated.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
A must for first time Santa Fe-ers
|LYNNMBELL||Fri, May 15 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Great value for money; excellent food; loved the extra history lessons and interesting facts; fun, entertaining guide - Nick. Went back to three of the stops during our stay to sample more of the goodies!
|bevhettle||Fri, May 15 11:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Tour guide was fabulous and made the tour so enjoyable. Each course was explained in detail. Each course was ready when we arrived. Food and drinks were delicious and beautifully presented. There was never a feeling of being rushed. Well done!
Food with a sprinkle of history
|Ckottke||Wed, May 13 11:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. The restaurants on the tour were of the finer food type and not the New Mexican type cuisine and that is what we expected from the description. Nick, our guide in the tour was very knowledgable about both the restaurants in the area and the New Mexico area itself. The other people along on the tour were also fun to be with. I think anyone visiting Santa Fe who is unfamiliar with the food scene and the area would enjoy this very much.
OK, but too short on food and information
|Kuebie||Wed, May 6 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Guide was polite and informative but not real enthusiastic. I have been on other food tours where I learned a lot more about the city. For instance, we would like to hear more about Santa Fe cooking schools. Maybe a craft brewery stop if possible? Also, need at least one more food stop. Food very good but tour too short. Didn't mind stop at Oil and vinegar store but shouldn't be counted as a food stop. Desert was great at Kakawa but should have more than just little cup of cocao - maybe a flight with a scone or something?
Great experience with Nick
|Dallasgal56||Fri, Apr 24 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We have taken several food tours all over the world and consider ourselves "foodies." Nick, our guide, was both enthusiastic and knowledgeable about local cuisine, local chefs and his beautiful home town of Santa Fe. The food stops and walking tour of local sites covered a wide area of downtown including walks past the oldest church and house. It ended at Kakawah Chocolates (one of our favorite places!). The next day, we returned to La Boca (stop 2) with 4 friends to enjoy their shrimp and sausage tacos with caramel sauce--again! Fabulous experience! Will definitely recommend.
|Cm4baskets||Wed, Feb 25 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Nick was very good. Had a wonderful time. Will do it again! Very tasty, nick was very informative
Highlight of our Santa Fe trip
|jumali||Thu, Nov 13, 14 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I had been looking forward to this tour for months! We had originally been booked on Samples of Santa Fe. Due to scheduling issues, they upgraded us to the Taste of Santa Fe tour, which was quite a treat! Our tour guide was fantastic and knowledgeable. Each stop had an interesting dish. Our favorite was shrimp tapas from La Boca. We enjoyed the restaurant so much that we decided to dine there later that evening. We're grateful that this tour took us to all the happening spots of Santa Fe. I would recommend this tour to anyone who understands that exploring food is part of learning a culture.
A must if you visit Santa Fe
|Clangan||Wed, Nov 12, 14 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This food tour was great as it gave you a real feel for what the food culture is like in Santa Fe. Nick, our tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. Next time we are in Santa Fe we will be going on this tour again.
Perfect way to spend a few hours.
|tinleysgma06||Fri, Oct 24, 14 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We went on the food tour our first morning of vacation. We were able to learn a little about the history of Santa Fe, learn our way around and get ideas for where we wanted to dine the rest of our trip. Shayna was fun, knowledgable, and very helpful. The food we had was delicious. We have no complaints and are very glad we started our vacation out with this food tour.
|Loriandsteve||Wed, Oct 15, 14 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We were a little worried at first as we hung around the meeting place and no one else was there, but then a couple of others showed and our guide and we were off on a wonderful culinary tour including a little history along the way. The choice of restaurNts was terrific, food delicious, and service perfect. I asked for and received recipes at a few spots and at Luminaria, the chef gave me the specific chili powder I needed to make the item at home. Thanks for a great experience!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash for tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance to increase your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets can be purchased with major credit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not offer a waiting list for tours. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- What is the difference between the Sample Santa Fe Food Tour and the Taste of Santa Fe Food Tour?
- The Taste of Santa Fe features some of Santa Fe's top restaurants and is not themed around New Mexican cuisine. It does however include TWO drink pairings along the way! (Sample Santa Fe does not include drink pairings but you are welcome to purchase additional drinks on any of our walking food tours!) On both tours, you will be exploring different aspects of Downtown Santa Fe, learning about the history and culture of the area, and visiting different restaurants where you will enjoy tastings. However, please note that the routes, restaurants, and historical tidbits are completely different on each of these tours.
- How much do we walk? Is it a fast pace?
- We walk approximately 1.5 - 2 miles on this tour over a 2.5 - 3 hour time span but with numerous stops. Although we walk at a very leisurely pace, please remember to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- How much food is served on a tour?
- We will be stopping at approximately 5 places and sampling a variety of different foods. For most people there will be enough food that lunch afterward is not necessary.
- What if I have food allergies?
- Please let us know when purchasing your tickets if anyone in your group has food allergies or other dietary restrictions. With advance notice we will do our best to accommodate you.
- What restaurants will we stop at and what kind of food will we sample?
- The restaurants for the Taste of Santa Fe tour are listed on the "Description" tab. The food we will be sampling on this tour does vary daily. If you would like to refer to our restaurant list and search the restaurants you will find each restaurants menus and credentials are more than reputable!
- Are there any beverages offered on the tour?
- This tour includes two drink pairing. One at Taberna, and the other at Luminaria! Each stop offers water along the way and additional drinks can be purchased during the tour.
- Can children come on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 2.5 - 3 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. If you are bringing children under the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. All other participants will require a full priced ticket.
- Are tours given in bad weather?
- These tours run rain or shine. If the weather is bad, we will be able to go into many of the establishments along the way. Please be sure to check the day's weather and dress appropriately.
- Do I tip the tour guide?
- Food Tour New Mexico does not include gratuities in the cost of the ticket. A standard gratuity for a tour guide is 15%- 20% of the price. If you have a great time, gratuities are graciously accepted by our tour guides.
- Are tours pet friendly?
- Although our four legged friends would love to taste too, due to the fact that we enter various food establishments, no pets are allowed on our tours.
- Does the tour end at the same place that we start?
- No. We end about three blocks away from our original starting point. However, our tour guide will be more than happy to help with directions.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes. Every stop has sufficient access.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- No! This is a three hour experience full of information, demonstrations, stories and great food. Guests will be guided around some of Santa Fe’s best places by a real local that knows the ins and outs of this great western town. Along the way we will point out great places to eat, shop and explore.
- Are bathrooms available on the tour?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at designated stops along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Absolutely. Both still and video cameras are allowed and encouraged along the tour.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Street parking can often be difficult to find; therefore, we suggest parking in one of the nearby parking garages. Information for nearby garages will be provide upon ticket purchase.
- Do the tours offer anything to native Santa Feans?
- Yes, many of the participants are locals that join us to learn about Downtown Santa Fe and the best specialty food store locations and local restaurants.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our tours are done in English, but with advance notice we may be able to accommodate a translator for an additional fee.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the "Contact FoodToursNM" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. Please click on the "Contact FoodToursNM" if you are interested in setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 7 do not need a ticket.
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with an accompanying adult) do not need a ticket in order to attend. Parents should assess whether the tour is appropriate for their child given the 2.5 hour duration. Note that the tour route is unfortunately not stroller accessible.
Food Tour New Mexico
Food Tour New Mexico was created by foodie Nick Peña with the idea that when culture, food, fun, and adventure meet, visitors can experience the wonders of Santa Fe through local eyes. In doing so we hope to make your visit to Santa Fe much more memorable, unique, and exciting!
So prepare to sample Santa Fe with an amazing day of demonstrations, first hand tales and of course great food samples from some of the specialty shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe so delectably unique!