Santa Fe is a foodie paradise with so many restaurants it can be overwhelming to visitors! What better way to be introduced to the city and its delectable hidden gems than through local food lovers here at Food Tour New Mexico?
The Taste of Santa Fe tour is a perfect opportunity to experience some of the finest dining establishments in downtown Santa Fe!
Some of the establishments we will visit on this 2½ hour tour include:
- La Casa Sena
- La Boca (Includes wine pairing)
- Santa Fe Olive Oil
- Luminaria (Includes drink pairing)
- Kakawa Chocolate House
- The Santa Fe Plaza
- St. Francis Cathedral
- The Loretto Chapel (Miraculous staircase)
- San Miguel Mission (Oldest Church)
- The Santa Fe River
- The State Capital Building
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your tour guide are always appreciated.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fun food tour
|IreneTorres||Fri, May 20 10:55 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We really enjoyed Carlos and the restaurants we visited. I highly recommend.
So worth it
|MaryAmber||Fri, May 13 10:55 AM||Unspecified||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Carlos went above and beyond to give us a well-informed, entertaining tour. He really helped to bring Santa Fe to life for us. He made absolute certain our food allergies were accommodated. He was the perfect host and I highly recommend the tour.
A Taste of Santa Fe
|cedson||Fri, May 13 10:55 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Carlos was a terrific guide!
Awesome and Tasty!
|TChaklos||Fri, May 13 10:55 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The concept of this tour is great: a guide who is thoroughly familiar with the area and a trained cook as well. The combination results in a tour for people who not only want to learn something about the area, but to explore the region's cuisine also. Carlos was excellent. He had the unique ability to combine charm and information along with keeping the tour moving and on time. Well done!
Do the tour!
|cindylerick||Mon, May 9 10:55 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
Carlos was a great host and gave informative fun information. The food was great, the wine great, the marguerite fantastic. It was a fun way to acclimate to Santa Fe. I went as a solo party and everyone in the group was very welcoming.
|Boopiter||Mon, May 9 10:55 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
What a wonderful day we had with Carlos! He told us so much about Santa Fe, including information about Meow Wolf, where we went and had art overload great time. The food was excellent. We made dinner reservations at a place Carlos took us.
|Dclark5200||Mon, May 2 10:55 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Our tour guide Carlos was very knowledgable and entertaining. The tour took us to restaurants that we would not have found. I would recommend taking the tour early in your visit do you can return! We had a great time!
Taste of Santa Fe
|baells18||Fri, Apr 29 10:55 AM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Disappointed. only one of the three restaurants provided a Santa Fe dish. The other two a pate and salmon taco. The other two "stops" were stores that wanted you to buy. I would not recommend. The only positive is the historical information about Santa Fe!
Food Tour New Mexico responded:
Thank you for your review. We value this information and apply everything we learn from guests to improve what we do. On your Taste of Santa Fe tour we do focus on non-New Mexican themed dishes, as we are working with some of the top restaurants in town and appreciate their creative freedom when serving our tours. If you are looking for a more New Mexican food themed experience please try the Sample Santa Fe tour next time you are in town. The descriptions of each can be found here or on our website. The two food related stops on the tour are two of the most highly rated foodie stops in Santa Fe and by no means do we expect anyone to purchase anything. Our goal is to provide an opportunity to have a new and exciting tasting experience. Kakawa chocolate house inparticular has been rated #1 on TripAdvisor for years and among most people's favorite stop in the 4 years of being a stop on our tour. Thank you again for taking the Taste of Santa Fe tour and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Enjoyed Taste of Santa Fe
|sbezet||Wed, Apr 27 10:55 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Carlos guided us on a taste of historic Santa Fe from a foodies perspective. He was knowledgeable and very personable. The food was nicely presented, and the brief history of the area was described from the unique view of a local. It was a very enjoyable afternoon. We would definitely recommend this tour.
|FoodChickSA||Wed, Apr 27 10:55 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The tour guide was personable and knowledgable about Santa Fe. Very respectful of the person who needed an easier path. The oil stop was a waste of time; nothing unique or different and the manager was not friendly. The restaurant tastes were not as exciting or local as I would have liked. For the price, I suppose portions were ample. The Kakawa stop offered the top flavors and local bent. I suggest the guide interact more with the guests during the tastings and talk more about the chefs, ingredients and insider info we can't get or know as visitors.
Food Tour New Mexico responded:
Thank you for your review. We value this information and apply everything we learn from guests to improve what we do. On your Taste of Santa Fe tour we do focus on non-New Mexican themed dishes, as we are working with some of the top restaurants in town and appreciate their creative freedom when serving our tours. If you are looking for a more New Mexican food themed experience please try the Sample Santa Fe tour next time you are in town. The descriptions of each can be found here or on our website. It is unfortunate that you did not appreciate the Olive Oil and Balsamic stop as it is a favorite among many of our guests, but as we know, everyone's palate is different! Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and taking the Taste of Santa Fe tour! We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash for tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. Please book well in advance to increase your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets can be purchased with major credit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not offer a waiting list for tours. If the time slot you'd like is sold out, we suggest you check another date/time for availability!
- What is the difference between the Sample Santa Fe Food Tour and the Taste of Santa Fe Food Tour?
- The Taste of Santa Fe features some of Santa Fe's top restaurants and is not themed around New Mexican cuisine. It does however include TWO drink pairings along the way! (Sample Santa Fe does not include drink pairings but you are welcome to purchase additional drinks on any of our walking food tours!) On both tours, you will be exploring different aspects of Downtown Santa Fe, learning about the history and culture of the area, and visiting different restaurants where you will enjoy tastings. However, please note that the routes, restaurants, and historical tidbits are completely different on each of these tours.
- How much do we walk? Is it a fast pace?
- We walk approximately 1.5 - 2 miles on this tour over a 2.5 - 3 hour time span but with numerous stops. Although we walk at a very leisurely pace, please remember to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- How much food is served on a tour?
- We will be stopping at approximately 5 places and sampling a variety of different foods. For most people there will be enough food that lunch afterward is not necessary.
- What if I have food allergies?
- Please let us know when purchasing your tickets if anyone in your group has food allergies or other dietary restrictions. With advance notice we will do our best to accommodate you.
- What restaurants will we stop at and what kind of food will we sample?
- The restaurants for the Taste of Santa Fe tour are listed on the "Description" tab. The food we will be sampling on this tour does vary daily. If you would like to refer to our restaurant list and search the restaurants you will find each restaurants menus and credentials are more than reputable!
- Are there any beverages offered on the tour?
- This tour includes two drink pairing. One at Taberna, and the other at Luminaria! Each stop offers water along the way and additional drinks can be purchased during the tour.
- Can children come on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 2.5 - 3 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis and consider whether the tour is appropriate for their child. If you are bringing children under the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. All other participants will require a full priced ticket.
- Are tours given in bad weather?
- These tours run rain or shine. If the weather is bad, we will be able to go into many of the establishments along the way. Please be sure to check the day's weather and dress appropriately.
- Do I tip the tour guide?
- Food Tour New Mexico does not include gratuities in the cost of the ticket. A standard gratuity for a tour guide is 15%- 20% of the price. If you have a great time, gratuities are graciously accepted by our tour guides.
- Are tours pet friendly?
- Although our four legged friends would love to taste too, due to the fact that we enter various food establishments, no pets are allowed on our tours.
- Does the tour end at the same place that we start?
- No. We end about three blocks away from our original starting point. However, our tour guide will be more than happy to help with directions.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes. Every stop has sufficient access.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- No! This is a three hour experience full of information, demonstrations, stories and great food. Guests will be guided around some of Santa Fe’s best places by a real local that knows the ins and outs of this great western town. Along the way we will point out great places to eat, shop and explore.
- Are bathrooms available on the tour?
- Yes, there are bathrooms available at designated stops along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Absolutely. Both still and video cameras are allowed and encouraged along the tour.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Street parking can often be difficult to find; therefore, we suggest parking in one of the nearby parking garages. Information for nearby garages will be provide upon ticket purchase.
- Do the tours offer anything to native Santa Feans?
- Yes, many of the participants are locals that join us to learn about Downtown Santa Fe and the best specialty food store locations and local restaurants.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Our tours are done in English, but with advance notice we may be able to accommodate a translator for an additional fee.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the "Contact FoodToursNM" link for more information.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. Please click on the "Contact FoodToursNM" if you are interested in setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 7 do not need a ticket.
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with an accompanying adult) do not need a ticket in order to attend. Parents should assess whether the tour is appropriate for their child given the 2.5 hour duration. Note that the tour route is unfortunately not stroller accessible.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- Each Guest is subject to a Liability Waiver & Release. By purchasing this ticket, the purchaser of the tickets agrees to waive any present or future claims or actions for all persons participating in the activity of the purchased tickets. The purchaser & his/her guests will release & hold harmless Food Tour New Mexico from any & all liability as a result of any injury suffered or incurred while on any activity provided by Food Tour New Mexico and its personnel, for any reason, whether choosing to consume alcohol or not.
Food Tour New Mexico
Food Tour New Mexico was created by foodie Nick Peña with the idea that when culture, food, fun, and adventure meet, visitors can experience the wonders of Santa Fe through local eyes. In doing so we hope to make your visit to Santa Fe much more memorable, unique, and exciting!
So prepare to sample Santa Fe with an amazing day of demonstrations, first hand tales and of course great food samples from some of the specialty shops and restaurants that make Santa Fe so delectably unique!