Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history, while meeting some of our more spirited residents and visiting our most horrific haunted sites! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Joe Morgue - the enthusiastic grave digger
- Thomas Dance - a poor soul who died building the State House dome
- The Headless Man - need we say more?
- Amy, the "working girl" - she forever haunts the Rams Head Tavern
- And many more!
7pm tours are family friendly if children are present. Language and content toned down accordingly.
9pm tours are considered adult tours, suitable for older children and teens, however there may be some profanity used for effect and adult subject matter.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fun Date Night
|Lrunaldue||Tue, Sep 29 8:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
We had Carrie Beth and she was a lot of fun!! Highly recommend this for a fun outing. Loved that the tour was still held in the rain. There was a total of 8 of us on Tuesday evening. Learned a lot about the history of the buildings that were haunted and the haunted stories attached to these buildings were amazing.
|ChrBrill||Fri, Sep 25 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We loved our ghost tour. Our guide was Sara and she was awesome. Incredibly knowledgable and put so much excitement into the story. This was my first ever walking tour, as well as first time to Annapolis, I would do it again!
Great activity for visitors!
|Lopezja||Thu, Sep 24 8:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
This was the second time I have taken the ghost tour in Annapolis and I would do it again when I have visitors come in. It is fun and provides a great way to tour a little of downtown Annapolis and obtain very interesting historical facts about the city.
|samshoap||Thu, Sep 24 8:00 PM||Male||Under 20||Local||Couple on a Date|
Took my girl on this for her birthday. She had a blast which in turn means I had a blast. The guide was into it and it was very enjoyable. It beats going out to a party on a weekend and was a good change.
Fun evening in downtown Annapolis
|jsbandjmb||Sat, Sep 19 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Six of us went on the early ghost tour together. What an enjoyable evening! Our guide was great with the story telling, and knowledge of Annapolis in general as we walked between stops. Highly recommend for locals and out-of-town guests alike!
It was fun!! Our guide was a great storyteller!!!
|Cnejame||Sat, Sep 12 7:00 PM||Unspecified||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We would recommend the tour as the ending to your Annapolis experience!
Fun, Creepy, and Educational
|LaurenBeryl||Sun, Sep 6 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Our tour guide, KB, did a great job. The stories were entertaining and creepy. I'm from MD, and had a no idea Annapolis had such the haunted history. I signed up in the hopes of finding a unique date idea and it was totally worth it. My boyfriend and I had a great time. I would definitely recommend the Ghost Tour to anyone looking for something different to do for a night out.
Carrie Beth is an awesome tour guide
|Jlthomas2005||Sun, Sep 6 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who asks. The tour was phenomenal due to Carrie Beth's charisma and storytelling ability. Thank you Carrie Beth for making it a memorable and enjoyable tour.
|Anneliese21||Sun, Sep 6 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
I absolutely LOVED this tour! KB (our tour guide) was *awesome*, full of insight into the history of Annapolis, clearly a dedicated ghost aficionado, and added in just the right amount of humor throughout. I cannot wait to return to Annapolis and check out the other tours! Makes me wish I would have purchased the book in advance...thank you, KB!
Walking Ghost Tour of Historic Annapolis
|Khaller1284||Sat, Sep 5 9:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Went on the Walking Ghost Tour of Historic Annapolis tour on Sept 5 at 9pm. Sarah I think told us that the tour would last about 90 minutes. The Tour did not least 90 minutes it was cut short about 10 or 15 minutes. Went to the Maryland Inn, St. Anne's Church, cant think of the Tavern, the State House Dome, Brice House and City Dock. Did not get to go on West Street and visit Rams Head Tavern that was the part left out of the tour that every one in my party wanted to see and hear about. You also could not here the tour guide because of the traffic and all the noise from the city life. Otherwise it was a good tour.
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! Our 7pm tours are more family friendly. We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and though much of the tour is geared towards adults, many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly. Please note the language on our 9pm tours is NOT toned down for children, nor do we sell children's tickets at that tour time so that there is no confusion.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the tour to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum number of paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than minimum are signed up 2 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are dogs permitted on this tour?
- Dogs are allowed on the walking tour so long as they are leashed, quiet, well-behaved, and you have adequate clean-up supplies with you, just in case!
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available and are perfect for corporate groups, social groups, scouts of all ages, church groups and anyone looking for a unique experience!. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click on the "group tours" link on our website: www.toursandcrawls.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- No weather related rescheduling.
- Inclement weather is NOT a valid reason to reschedule a reservation. We suggest bringing raincoats and/or umbrellas. Some of our best and spookiest tours have taken place on rainy nights!