Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history, while meeting some of our more spirited residents and visiting our most horrific haunted sites! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Joe Morgue - the enthusiastic grave digger
- Thomas Dance - a poor soul who died building the State House dome
- The Headless Man - need we say more?
- Amy, the "working girl" - she forever haunts the Rams Head Tavern
- And many more!
7pm tours are family friendly if children are present. Language and content toned down accordingly.
9pm tours are considered adult tours, suitable for older children and teens, however there may be some profanity used for effect and adult subject matter.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|darthskelter||Sat, Apr 30 9:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Combination||Couple on a Date|
Our guide was so enthusiastic about the creepy and/or tragic history behind each stop on our tour and that made all the difference. I had a great time (and if I can have a great time walking around in spitting rain for an hour and a half, that's saying something).
Evening in the Rain
|JohnandJen||Sat, Apr 30 9:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This past weekend, I took the walking tour with my wife, daughter and several of her friends. I have taken the tour before, so I was generally familiar with the stories. The weather was cool and rainy - although the mist added to the evening. The tour guide was knowledgeable and had certainly given the tour many times before. As our group was large and it was on a Saturday night, there were occasions when hearing the story was difficult. She did a nice job directing the tour through the streets of Annapolis. As this was the second Walking Ghost Tour we took as well as a previous Haunted Pub Tour, I would probably not return. However, I would certainly recommend the tour for any Annapolis ghost tour rookies.
Walking Ghost Tour of Anapolis
|pgh2vb||Sat, Apr 30 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Couple on a Date|
We enjoyed the tour. Claire was helpful and told a lot of good stories. We would recommend the tour guide dress in period costume. Would also recommend walking to more locations and possibly going into some if possible. We thought there should have been more locations to visit. We only hit about 3-4.
|maryannecody||Thu, Apr 28 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Had a very nice ghost walk tour recently. Our guide was entertaining and informative. Stories were good for al ages, and great mix of history and ghosts.
|CharlesKuti||Fri, Apr 22 9:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Great fun. Interesting stories told by our tour leader Sarah who did an awesome job.
Ghosts with Sarah
|Hillaryld||Fri, Apr 22 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Sarah led a wonderful tour, not too scary but definitely creepy! She answered all of our groups side questions and gave a unique perspective to Annapolis history. I would recommend this trip to both locals and visitors.
|SDFlom||Mon, Apr 18 8:00 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Had friends in town from Montana and looked for something local and historic. Sarah gave us a great tour. She was knowledgeable and informative. Will go again
Tour Guide Hillarious
|Mbowman88||Fri, Apr 15 9:00 PM||Female||20-29||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Great tour! Great history! Lots of laughter! Great Time! :-)
It was a bit awkward at first with my wife and I being the only black couple present but the tour guide was awesome and made us feel comfortable. It would have been interesting, while we were at the Kunta Kinte memorial, to be told an old slave ghost story. Couldn't hurt. Other than that, it's a great date option or hang with friends option!
|KristianBerg||Fri, Apr 15 7:00 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Michelle was our tour guide and she was wonderful! Really unique way of experiences the history of the town.
|hcryan||Fri, Apr 8 9:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Sara was great!
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! Our 7pm tours are more family friendly. We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and though much of the tour is geared towards adults, many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly. Please note the language on our 9pm tours is NOT toned down for children, nor do we sell children's tickets at that tour time so that there is no confusion.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the tour to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum number of paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than minimum are signed up 2 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are dogs permitted on this tour?
- Dogs are allowed on the walking tour so long as they are leashed, quiet, well-behaved, and you have adequate clean-up supplies with you, just in case!
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available and are perfect for corporate groups, social groups, scouts of all ages, church groups and anyone looking for a unique experience!. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click on the "group tours" link on our website: www.toursandcrawls.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- No weather related rescheduling.
- Inclement weather is NOT a valid reason to reschedule a reservation. We suggest bringing raincoats and/or umbrellas. Some of our best and spookiest tours have taken place on rainy nights!