Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history, while meeting some of our more spirited residents and visiting our most horrific haunted sites! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Joe Morgue - the enthusiastic grave digger
- Thomas Dance - a poor soul who died building the State House dome
- The Headless Man - need we say more?
- Amy, the "working girl" - she forever haunts the Rams Head Tavern
- And many more!
7pm tours are family friendly if children are present. Language and content toned down accordingly.
9pm tours are considered adult tours, suitable for older children and teens, however there may be some profanity used for effect and adult subject matter.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great way to spend 90 minutes!
|IdyClare||Sat, Aug 1 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Husband and I wanted to do something with our 14-year-old that didn't involve electronics. He was extremely skeptical, doesn't like "scary things," and was convinced he'd be bored out of his mind. Sarah had him from the very first story and kept him interested for the entire tour. In fact, Sarah kept us all captivated with facts weaved in with each fascinating story. She is an EXCELLENT story-teller, and the best kind of tour guide, personalizing her tours to fit her group. We would recommend this tour to anyone, all ages. In fact, when we come back to Annapolis, we will be checking out the other offerings by this company (and hopefully can request Sarah again!).
|jmarr2||Fri, Jul 31 9:00 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Tour was a wonderful excursion through "darker Annapolis". The stories are all apparently backed up by historical accounts and thus the tour is also a nice means of learning some local history. Our tour guide Michelle was great; very knowledgeable. Tour was very well organized and began on time.
Guide was great
|Washingtonsk||Sat, Jul 25 7:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Michelle was our guide for the tour: energetic, well spoken, professional. She knew her stories well, and told them with a bid of confidence to ensure belief amongst the 'tourists'.
It's not a tour I would repeat, unless there is a different 'leg' that we didn't do. Highly recommended.
Great and worthwhile
|macollien||Sat, Jul 25 7:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Unspecified|
Even though we're local it was a fun and worthwhile tour. Learned some new local history.
Tour guide Michelle was excellent.
A Fun Perspective on the History of Annapolis
|b_sevillana||Wed, Jul 22 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
Our storyteller, Sara, was wonderful. Very enthusiastic about the subject and knowledgeable. I brought my daughter and niece who both enjoyed it greatly. We all agreed the "creepiest" story was at the Brice House. I'll book the tour again when I have out of town visitors!
|emh2015||Mon, Jul 20 8:00 PM||Female||40-49||Combination||Family With Children|
Great way to learn about Annapolis
|ncord32||Sat, Jul 18 9:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
This tour is one of the most fun ways to learn about some historical events that took place in Annapolis with the added bonus of a good ghost story. This is the perfect event for a night out with friends. You hear some great stories and are finished in enough time to wander around downtown Annapolis afterwards. It is a great time for all!
very informative and interesting
|KellyL1963||Fri, Jul 17 7:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
I took my 13 yr old daughter and her friend and they really enjoyed it, they said they were not aware of all the History and Ghost stories in Annapolis.
We also took some picture and one of the pictures my daughter too has a Ghost Image on it.. very cool!
Fun But Disappointing
|NancyHiggs||Thu, Jul 16 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
It was ok but it could have been better if we were taken in to some of the "haunted " places. I would not recommend this tour otherwise.
Tours & Crawls of Annapolis and Baltimore responded:
Unfortunately, many of the haunted locations in Annapolis are either public buildings which close after business hours, private residence or are taverns which do not allow children after a certain time. We make this clear in our tour description. We suggest one of our pub tours if you would like to go inside some of the buildings.
|Zanzobar24||Sun, Jul 5 8:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This tour is entertaining. Good for families if your interested in listening to stories. Friends should do one of the pub tours if they are looking for a more entertaining time.
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! Our 7pm tours are more family friendly. We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and though much of the tour is geared towards adults, many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly. Please note the language on our 9pm tours is NOT toned down for children, nor do we sell children's tickets at that tour time so that there is no confusion.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the tour to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum number of paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than minimum are signed up 2 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are dogs permitted on this tour?
- Dogs are allowed on the walking tour so long as they are leashed, quiet, well-behaved, and you have adequate clean-up supplies with you, just in case!
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available and are perfect for corporate groups, social groups, scouts of all ages, church groups and anyone looking for a unique experience!. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click on the "group tours" link on our website: www.toursandcrawls.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- No weather related rescheduling.
- Inclement weather is NOT a valid reason to reschedule a reservation. We suggest bringing raincoats and/or umbrellas. Some of our best and spookiest tours have taken place on rainy nights!