Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history, while meeting some of our more spirited residents and visiting our most horrific haunted sites! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Joe Morgue - the enthusiastic grave digger
- Thomas Dance - a poor soul who died building the State House dome
- The Headless Man - need we say more?
- Amy, the "working girl" - she forever haunts the Rams Head Tavern
- And many more!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|nina1108||Tue, Apr 14 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
My son is into spirits and ghosts...went on whim with this excursion and definitely pleased i did. we were the only ones so we got a private tour and learned some REALLY exciting facts about Annapolis that we would have never known. It makes it more exciting being from the Annapolis area as well. Will definitely recommend and would love to do another one. Thank you!
Best Guide Ever!
|Melowdon||Sun, Apr 5 8:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
First of all,very impressed that the guide agreed to do the tour dispite the fact she was told she could have the night off since it was Easter. So thank you very much for that!
She has great energy, a great voice to listen to and just a fantastic story teller. She was so kind to pause when our kids would act up and let us sort them out and than pick right up where she left off. She was also really great at getting the point of the story across without saying anything bad that the kids would pick up on. (Which also made it that much more enjoyable)
I would recommend Lana (not sure if I'm spelling that right) and take this tour!
Such an awesome experience!
|arbambino88||Sat, Mar 28 7:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
My mom is a huuuuuuge paranormal buff, and we both love local history. This tour was a great combination of both, it wasn't overly spooky for me (the wuss), and we got to get a little exercise and fresh air, to boot! Sarah, our tour guide, was a great story teller, and we had such a fun time getting to walk around Annapolis, and learn some of the local history. I have already recommended this tour to several friends (we are all new to the area), and I plan on taking more of my family when they come to visit. Some tips for a good night: dress for the weather, and wear appropriate footwear, as you will be walking. Also, bring a small amount of cash for a tip. I only usually carry cards, and now I have to make sure I get the same tour guide next time to show her how much I really enjoyed her story telling skills. I highly recommend this tour!
A lot of fun
|zpsaunders||Sun, Mar 22 8:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
The guide was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. It was a great tour. Both informative and entertaining.
|Mikej2312||Sat, Mar 21 7:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Unspecified|
Not just a ghost tour. You learn fun factual information about the way of life from the past
|mikerobin||Sun, Mar 15 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Family With Children|
We took a Sunday night tour march 15 2015 and it was just the three of us. Our guide was very good and very knowledgable. She was upbeat and personable. My husband and I had actually taken the tour before around Halloween. It was good but cold and rainy. Be sure to check the weather for the evening and dress accordingly. You do a lot of walking and the sidewalks in Annapolis are not always smooth. We enjoyed our evening and had a great time with our guide.
|BaileyT||Fri, Feb 13 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Unspecified||Couple on a Date|
I knew the tour would be different due to reading the reviews. We were the only two that showed up i believe due to the cold weather. We just bundled up accordingly and had a great time. Tour guide was very friendly and we enjoyed listening to the stories about deaths that happened in the town. We previously had done a paranormal adventure elsewhere but this was nothing like that. This is a laidback tour not adventurous but still fun.
Very factual tour
|dlkurtz21||Sat, Dec 27, 14 9:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
We had the experience of being the only two on the tour and so we got the VIP treatment. The guide had a bevy of information about everything and was very well spoken and entertaining. It was not quite what we were expecting, in fact it was nothing like we were expecting since we ended up being the only two on the tour. We thought it would be a large group of at least 10-20 and we could kind of hang in the back and drink minis. Instead, we were face-to-face with the guide for 90 minutes and needed to actually pay attention so as not to be rude.
You don't go inside anywhere. You meet outside the Historic Inn of Annapolis and listen to a ghost story (coolest), you go across the street to St. Anne's Parish in the middle of church circle and hear a ghost story (cool) and then you go down around state circle and hear a ghost story about the State house. You also go down a road off state circle and hear a ghost story outside an old creepy house owned by the free masons and then your last stop is outside one of the top 3 oldest building in all of Annapolis for the final ghost story. And it leaves you right there next to McGarvey's saloon so you can go and get a drink...FINALLY.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this tour is great for families and little kids and larger groups but it was just 180 degrees different than what we were expecting and for the state of mind we were in.
informative and fun!
|Ekasch||Sat, Dec 20, 14 7:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Informative and fun!
|Katg82||Sat, Nov 22, 14 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
A great biryhday gift.
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and much of the tour is geared towards adults, but many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the tour to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum number of paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than minimum are signed up 2 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are dogs permitted on this tour?
- Dogs are allowed on the walking tour so long as they are leashed, quiet, well-behaved, and you have adequate clean-up supplies with you, just in case!
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available and are perfect for corporate groups, social groups, scouts of all ages, church groups and anyone looking for a unique experience!. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click on the "group tours" link on our website: www.toursandcrawls.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- No weather related rescheduling.
- Inclement weather is NOT a valid reason to reschedule a reservation. We suggest bringing raincoats and/or umbrellas. Some of our best and spookiest tours have taken place on rainy nights!