Got Ghosts? We Do!
And we'll tell you all about them...who they are, where they haunt, why they're still here, and to what ends these troubled souls go to in order to make their presence felt by those currently living in and intruding upon their domain!
Don't be fooled by imitators, there is only one best and original Annapolis Ghost Tour! Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history, while meeting some of our more spirited residents and visiting our most horrific haunted sites! Our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open!
From haunted taverns to restless spirits, we'll share the tales of these aged spirits:
- Joe Morgue - the enthusiastic grave digger
- Thomas Dance - a poor soul who died building the State House dome
- The Headless Man - need we say more?
- Amy, the "working girl" - she forever haunts the Rams Head Tavern
- And many more!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Good fun on a rainy day
|Rwheel01||Sat, Jun 27 7:00 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Enjoyed the tour despite the weather. Guide was very enthusiastic and we both enjoyed it very much.
Excellent tour! Personalized & enjoyable for all!
|Frenchmom||Wed, Jun 17 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
We had a great tour guide who shared the history behind the sites we visited. This was very enjoyable and enlightening to our group (2 adults and 1 Midn). We'll definitely try another tour "Twisted History pub crawl" most likely in September! Thanks for a great experience.
Great for after school activity groups
|Asabino||Fri, May 29 7:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Other|
I am a program director that loves to take my groups out for experiences that would not normally be available to them. All of the members that attended this trip greatly enjoyed the stories and the enthusiasm with which they were told.
Entertaining and Enlightening Tour!
|Nwhisker||Tue, May 19 8:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Our tour guide was knowledgeable and injected humor into the ghost tales. She was personable, interacted with the group, and answered all our questions. It was very entertaining and enlightening. Glad we did it. Well worth the price, too.
Excellent as always
|MissMonika79||Sat, May 9 9:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
We are returning guests who came two years ago. My son and I loved the tour and had a great time. The hostess was knowledgable about the locations visited and she kept us entertained!
|Romatomato||Sat, May 9 9:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
Guide was great. Very passionate about the stories
Disappointed we didn't enter any buildings
Fun and educational
|ahalld1||Sat, Apr 25 9:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Other|
I went on the tour with my mom. She's really into history and I'm really into scary movies. The tour was the perfect mix. Our tour guide was enthusiastic, knowledgable, and friendly. I would definitely suggest it to anyone looking for something different and fun!
|nina1108||Tue, Apr 14 8:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
My son is into spirits and ghosts...went on whim with this excursion and definitely pleased i did. we were the only ones so we got a private tour and learned some REALLY exciting facts about Annapolis that we would have never known. It makes it more exciting being from the Annapolis area as well. Will definitely recommend and would love to do another one. Thank you!
Best Guide Ever!
|Melowdon||Sun, Apr 5 8:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
First of all,very impressed that the guide agreed to do the tour dispite the fact she was told she could have the night off since it was Easter. So thank you very much for that!
She has great energy, a great voice to listen to and just a fantastic story teller. She was so kind to pause when our kids would act up and let us sort them out and than pick right up where she left off. She was also really great at getting the point of the story across without saying anything bad that the kids would pick up on. (Which also made it that much more enjoyable)
I would recommend Lana (not sure if I'm spelling that right) and take this tour!
Such an awesome experience!
|arbambino88||Sat, Mar 28 7:00 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
My mom is a huuuuuuge paranormal buff, and we both love local history. This tour was a great combination of both, it wasn't overly spooky for me (the wuss), and we got to get a little exercise and fresh air, to boot! Sarah, our tour guide, was a great story teller, and we had such a fun time getting to walk around Annapolis, and learn some of the local history. I have already recommended this tour to several friends (we are all new to the area), and I plan on taking more of my family when they come to visit. Some tips for a good night: dress for the weather, and wear appropriate footwear, as you will be walking. Also, bring a small amount of cash for a tip. I only usually carry cards, and now I have to make sure I get the same tour guide next time to show her how much I really enjoyed her story telling skills. I highly recommend this tour!
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Yes! We do however discuss "Working Girls" briefly (mainly through innuendo), and much of the tour is geared towards adults, but many people do bring their children and tell us that they enjoyed it thoroughly.
- Do children need to be accompanied by an adult?
- Yes, all participants, ages 5 - 13, must be chaperoned by someone age 17 or older. Proof of age may be required. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify us if you will be bringing non-paying children under the age of 5.
- How long is your ghost tour?
- The walking ghost tour is a leisurely 9/10th mile route around historic downtown Annapolis which lasts 1.5 - 2 hours. We make multiple stops at various haunted locations where we share with you the stories and legends. We do recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather!
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the best ghost photos have been taken by unwitting photographers intending to shoot other subjects. Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the tour to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum number of paid guests before the tour will go out. If less than minimum are signed up 2 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- If I am running late for the tour, will you wait for me?
- We always start the tour on time. If you are running late, please let us know (using the contact info on your e-ticket) and we will either place you in the next tour group, if space is available, or have one of our staff wait for you for a maximum of 15 minutes, and take you to the tour already in progress. Please give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in! Also, if you're having dinner at one of our local restaurants, be sure to tell them what time you need to leave by so you, and they, can plan accordingly.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- No, the Walking Ghost Tours' stories and legends are told outside each location.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are dogs permitted on this tour?
- Dogs are allowed on the walking tour so long as they are leashed, quiet, well-behaved, and you have adequate clean-up supplies with you, just in case!
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available and are perfect for corporate groups, social groups, scouts of all ages, church groups and anyone looking for a unique experience!. If you are interested in more information on private tours, click on the "group tours" link on our website: www.toursandcrawls.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- No weather related rescheduling.
- Inclement weather is NOT a valid reason to reschedule a reservation. We suggest bringing raincoats and/or umbrellas. Some of our best and spookiest tours have taken place on rainy nights!