Join Zoo educators as we discover what makes an animal a mammal, bird, or reptile.
- Enjoy a mini tour of the Zoo
- Let your creative juices flow with a take home craft
- Experience an encounter with one of our Keiki Zoo animal ambassadors
What Is Not Included?
- Are gratuities accepted?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- This program is suited for children ages 0-4 years, however children over the age of 4 are allowed to attend.
- Can we take pictures during our visit?
- Absolutely! Photos and video are both allowed.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- During any of our tours, all participants must stay with the group. IF you would like to wander the zoo on your own, you can come visit during normal hours: 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, there are restrooms available on all of our events.
- What happens in the case of bad weather?
- Programs are held, rain or shine.
- Are pets allowed?
- No, pets are not allowed in the zoo or on any of our tours.
- Is parking available at the zoo?
- The Zoo parking lot entrance is on Kapahulu Ave and charges one dollar per hour. The Waikiki Shell parking lot across the street on Monsarrat Ave has free parking.
- Is the zoo wheelchair and stroller accesible?
- Yes, the zoo as well as all tours offered are wheelchair accessible.
- Are there any refreshments offered?
- Yes, juice and cookies are offered.
- What do we see on the tour?
- The children will have the opportunity to check out the Keiki (children) zoo for 30 minutes.
- What kind of crafts will the children do?
- The crafts depend on the group and program leader on each date; some of the crafts in past include paper plate lions and puppets.
- Can I bring an additional guest or can we only come in groups of 2?
- Yes, you can bring an additional adult or child. Please purchase an extra ticket for this additional guest.
- Who gets the member price? Just the member or the member and the family?
- Whoever is buying the tickets can get the member price for all of the tickets they are purchasing. Members will need to prove that they are members at check-in.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the link that says "Contact HonoluluZoo" on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, we offer private and customized tours for birthdays, corporate events, or any other occasion. In order to schedule or receive information about setting up a private tour, please click on the link that says "Contact HonoluluZoo" on the left side of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Members must show proof of membership at check-in.
- All participants who purchase member tickets must show proof of membership at check-in. Members can apply the member rate for anyone in their party.
- The additional ticket class can be for an additional child or adult.
- Please purchase an additional Member or Non-member ticket for extra guests attending the event with you. This additional ticket can be for an adult or child, the price is the same.
The 300 acre parcel was primarily a marshland of old fish ponds, lagoons and islands. In 1877, it was officially opened as Queen Kapiolani Park. Appointed Park Association members developed the unpromising land with the help of royal subsidies to display the King’s private bird collection and to feature a horseracing track.
Honolulu Zoo Mission
The mission of the Honolulu Zoo is to inspire the stewardship of our living world by providing meaningful experiences to our guests. The Zoo emphasizes Pacific Tropical ecosystems and our traditional values of malama (caring) and ho’okipa (hospitality).
Honolulu Zoo Society Mission
The Honolulu Zoological Society’s mission is to foster an appreciation of our living world by supporting and advocating environmental education, recreation, biological study and conservation activities at the Honolulu Zoo.