This popular school break program is ideal for elementary-aged students between the ages of 6 and 8 interested in animals, the environment, and the Zoo. Participants will:
- Be led on educational animal tours
- Have the opportunity for exclusive animal enrichment/encounter activities
- Have all program aspects reinforced with classroom lessons and discussions
One ticket includes camp for the entire week, Monday through Friday from 8am to 2:30pm. We also ofter aftercare for an additional charge, which you can purchase when buying your ticket. If you have purchased the After Care extra for this activity, please note that it lasts until 5:30 pm on the date that you have selected.
What Is Not Included?
- Snacks are provided, but lunch is not. Please be sure to pack a sack lunch for your child.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- This program is best suited for children ages 6-8 years.
- Is this age restriction a hard cutoff?
- Yes, the age limit is a hard cutoff.
- Can we take pictures during our visit?
- Absolutely! Photos and video are both allowed.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- During any of our tours, all participants must stay with the group. IF you would like to wander the zoo on your own, you can come visit during normal hours: 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, there are restrooms available on all of our events.
- What happens in the case of bad weather?
- Programs are held, rain or shine.
- Are pets allowed?
- No, pets are not allowed in the zoo or on any of our tours.
- Is parking available at the zoo?
- The Zoo parking lot entrance is on Kapahulu Ave and charges one dollar per hour. The Waikiki Shell parking lot across the street on Monsarrat Ave has free parking.
- Is the zoo wheelchair and stroller accesible?
- Yes, the zoo as well as all tours offered are wheelchair accessible.
- What does the Aftercare consist of?
- The Aftercare consists of child care until 5:30 pm. The kids will do crafts, play games on the lawn, watch a movie, and do other educational events in the classroom.
- Can I purchase as many weeks a I would like? Or, is it is the same program every week?
- The program changes weekly and you can purchase as many weeks as you like!
- Is this program year round or only available during the summer?
- The program is available spring through summer
- Are food and beverages available?
- Yes, snacks and drinks such as lemonade, water, goldfish, cheese puffs, and breakfast bars are available; however, all children should bring their own sack lunch.
- Can we explore the park on our own after hours?
- No, you must stay with your group if you book an after hours tour of the zoo.
- Who gets the member price? Just the member or the member and the family?
- Whoever is buying the tickets can get the member price for all of the tickets they are purchasing. Members will need to prove that they are members at check-in.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the link that says "Contact HonoluluZoo" on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, we offer private and customized tours for birthdays, corporate events, or any other occasion. In order to schedule or receive information about setting up a private tour, please click on the link that says "Contact HonoluluZoo" on the left side of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Participants must be between the ages of 6 and 8.
- All participants must be between the ages of 6 and 8 years old.
- Members must show proof of membership at check-in.
- All participants who purchase member tickets must show proof of membership at check-in. Members can apply the member rate for anyone in their party.
- Snacks and beverages are included but children must bring their own sack lunch.
- Snacks and beverages such as lemonade, water, goldfish, and breakfast bars will be provided but children must bring their own sack lunch.
The 300 acre parcel was primarily a marshland of old fish ponds, lagoons and islands. In 1877, it was officially opened as Queen Kapiolani Park. Appointed Park Association members developed the unpromising land with the help of royal subsidies to display the King’s private bird collection and to feature a horseracing track.
Honolulu Zoo Mission
The mission of the Honolulu Zoo is to inspire the stewardship of our living world by providing meaningful experiences to our guests. The Zoo emphasizes Pacific Tropical ecosystems and our traditional values of malama (caring) and ho’okipa (hospitality).
Honolulu Zoo Society Mission
The Honolulu Zoological Society’s mission is to foster an appreciation of our living world by supporting and advocating environmental education, recreation, biological study and conservation activities at the Honolulu Zoo.