Our Menehune Day Camp is an immersive, hands-on environment where your child's curiosity will fuel his or her learning experience. Modeled after Camp 'Imi Loa, but designed for preschool children between the ages of 4 and 5! All participants MUST be potty trained.
- Be led on educational animal tours
- Visit select animal exhibits for an exclusive experience
- Create animal themed crafts appropriate for their age group
One ticket includes camp for the selected week, from 8:00am to 2:30pm. We also offer affercare for an additional fee, which you can purchase when buying your ticket. If you have purchased the Aftercare extra for this activity, please note that it lasts until 5:30 pm on the date that you have selected.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Excellent program for my 5 year old
|jyamagata||Mon, Mar 23 8:00 AM||Unspecified||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
My little boy loved his week at the zoo! The staff took great care of him, he learned a lot and he had a ton of fun. We will definitely send him again.
Camp Menehune at Honolulu Zoo
|MLMarks03||Mon, Mar 16 8:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
Camp Menehune at the Honolulu Zoo was a great option for my 5 year old son during his spring break while I still had work. The counselors were prompt with drop-off and pick-up times, accommodating to finding left-behind items and considerate with special concerns - mosquitoes and bug spray. (They didn't put it on him, but reminded him to reapply at lunch.) Nice, friendly, helpful staff. My 5 year old said, "It was awesome!"
Spring Break at The Honolulu Zoo's Camp Menehune
|Susan21||Mon, Mar 16 8:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
My 4-year old daughter had a wonderful time at the Camp Menehune program offered by The Honolulu Zoo during the entire Spring Break Week. She did not cry on the first day of drop off, and it may be because some of her other preschool friends had also joined the program. It was a nice departure for her from the usual classroom programs at the local YMCA. She was able to apply what she knew about animals from reading and looking at pictures in her books to visually seeing them face-to-face at the zoo. She learned a lot and had a really fun time. She has already told me that she wants to return there on her next break.
Happy Little Menehune
|AmyYama||Mon, Mar 16 8:00 AM||Female||Under 20||Local||Family With Children|
My 5 year old daughter did Camp Menehune for Spring Break. She wanted to stay home and relax for the week so she was not looking forward to the camp. She is someone who takes a while to warm up to new situations and new people. In a word, she LOVED the camp. She was happy each day when I picked her up and seemed happy to have participated in fun and educational activities all week. We tried to find out what she really liked about it and she said that she really liked the teachers. I think she responded well to the fact that the camp was well planned and structured since she is not fond of chaotic situations. She was proud to recite facts that she learned at the camp to her grandparents, etc. A highlight of the camp was the hands-on component that she got to have with some of the friendly animals (feeding a chicken, etc). She said that she wished she could spend the rest of the school year at Zoo Camp instead of going back to Kindergarten.
|Holkup||Mon, Mar 16 8:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
My 4 year old had a great experience at Zoo Camp during Spring Break. She came home everyday talking about all the things she learned and all the animals she saw. She is so excited to return in the Summer.
Recommend to buy
|YukikoIto||Mon, Mar 16 8:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I had my four-year old daughter participate to Camp Menehune. She loved it so much and learn all different kinds of animals and its characters and weathers. She would love to come back during this coming summer.
|YOTARO||Mon, Jan 5 8:00 AM||Male||30-39||Combination||Family With Children|
We would like to know about the itinerary/schedule of each day. Also, we would really appreciate if we could receive pictures of how they are spending time by email or any photo links. If you offer lunch included option, that help us a lot because we are not local.
My son LOVED IT
|Danielakitt||Mon, Jan 5 8:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
My kindergartener, who doesn't much care for school, couldn't stop talking about all the fun things that he got to do during the camp. He loves animals, and loves learning about their biology, habitat, and behaviors, so this was perfect for him. Drop off/pick up was simple and staff was professional. Would sign him up again!
|808water||Mon, Dec 22, 14 8:00 AM||Male||Unspecified||Local||Family With Children|
Great experience for the kids
5 day Menehune Camp
|SingOhana||Mon, Oct 6, 14 8:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
I enrolled my five year old daughter in the Zoo 5 day camp program. The camp was for 4 and 5 year olds and from 8am - 2:30 pm M - F. After camp care was also available. The cost was very fair and my daughter who is extremely shy had a wonderful time. The staff was very personable and immediately knew all the kids enrolled. My daughter looked forward to each day and the time spent between the classroom where they did a lot of learning and arts and crafts and the outside zoo time was split nicely; especially with the high Honolulu heat factor we were experiencing. Anyone wanting their child to have a quality camp experience that is safe and fun should consider the Honolulu Zoo and the different camps they offer the children. Mahalo Honolulu Zoo for a job well done.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- This program is best suited for children ages 4-5 years old.
- Is this age restriction a hard cutoff?
- Yes, the age limit is a hard cutoff.
- Can we take pictures during our visit?
- Absolutely! Photos and video are both allowed.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- During any of our tours, all participants must stay with the group. IF you would like to wander the zoo on your own, you can come visit during normal hours: 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, there are restrooms available on all of our events.
- What happens in the case of bad weather?
- Programs are held, rain or shine.
- Are pets allowed?
- No, pets are not allowed in the zoo or on any of our tours.
- Is parking available at the zoo?
- The Zoo parking lot entrance is on Kapahulu Ave and charges one dollar per hour. The Waikiki Shell parking lot across the street on Monsarrat Ave has free parking.
- Is the zoo wheelchair and stroller accesible?
- Yes, the zoo as well as all tours offered are wheelchair accessible.
- Can we explore the park on our own after hours?
- No, you must stay with your group if you book an after hours tour of the zoo.
- What does the Aftercare consist of?
- The Aftercare consists of child care until 5:30 pm. The kids will do crafts, play games on the lawn, watch a movie, and do other educational events in the classroom.
- Can I purchase as many weeks a I would like? Or, is it is the same program every week?
- The program changes weekly and you can purchase as many weeks as you like!
- Are food and beverages available?
- Yes, snacks and drinks such as lemonade, water, goldfish, cheese puffs, and breakfast bars are available; however, all children should bring their own sack lunch.
- Who gets the member price? Just the member or the member and the family?
- Whoever is buying the tickets can get the member price for all of the tickets they are purchasing. Members will need to prove that they are members at check-in.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the link that says "Contact HonoluluZoo" on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, we offer private and customized tours for birthdays, corporate events, or any other occasion. In order to schedule or receive information about setting up a private tour, please click on the link that says "Contact HonoluluZoo" on the left side of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Participants must be between the ages of 4 and 5.
- All participants must be between the ages of four and five years old.
- Members must show proof of membership at check-in.
- All participants who purchase member tickets must show proof of membership at check-in. Members can apply the member rate for anyone in their party.
- Snacks and beverages are included but children must bring their own sack lunch.
- Snacks and beverages such as lemonade, water, goldfish, and breakfast bars will be provided but children must bring their own sack lunch.
The 300 acre parcel was primarily a marshland of old fish ponds, lagoons and islands. In 1877, it was officially opened as Queen Kapiolani Park. Appointed Park Association members developed the unpromising land with the help of royal subsidies to display the King’s private bird collection and to feature a horseracing track.
Honolulu Zoo Mission
The mission of the Honolulu Zoo is to inspire the stewardship of our living world by providing meaningful experiences to our guests. The Zoo emphasizes Pacific Tropical ecosystems and our traditional values of malama (caring) and ho’okipa (hospitality).
Honolulu Zoo Society Mission
The Honolulu Zoological Society’s mission is to foster an appreciation of our living world by supporting and advocating environmental education, recreation, biological study and conservation activities at the Honolulu Zoo.