<span>Our Sunset Cruise leaves from the Pass-a-Grille Marina on St Pete Beach, and takes you on the Gulf of Mexico for a memorable sunset experience. On this unique sightseeing cruise, we will see wildlife, mansions, and we will almost certainly get to see dolphins as well. Only on Florida's Gulf Coast can you see the sunset over an untouched horizon. Don’t forget to bring a bottle of your favorite wine, and the cheese and crackers to go with it! We offer complimentary bottled water. </span> Kick back and relax on a semi-private cruise aboard our luxury, small capacity ferry vessel, equipped with plush seating. You can have your own little picnic on board!
On our 2 hour sunset cruise you'll:
- Pass under the small bridges of Vina del Mar, and Tierra Verde.
- See the mansions of Tierra Verde.
- Cruise by dolphins on our way to the Gulf of Mexico
- Witness an incredible sunset of course!
Remember to bring comfortable, warm clothing, as evenings can be cool on the water. Don't forget your camera. You never know what you may see out on the water!
Seperate yourself from the daily stresses on this little slice of paradise cruise.
What Is Not Included?
- Food and drinks are not included, but please feel free to bring your own!
- Gratuity is not included or mandatory, but is appreciated for a job well done.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Booking in advance is highly recommended. Please book early to maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. Tickets can be purchased through Zerve with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Are children allowed to attend?
- Yes! Children are welcome on any of our cruises. We offer a reduced rate for children ages 5 and under.
- What happens if it rains?
- We generally run in light rain and moderate weather conditions, but may cancel for severe weather. Please make sure to check the weather before your tour so that you can make sure to bring rain gear if necessary!
- How big is the boat and how many people will it hold?
- We have two luxury pontoon boats. Our Downtown boat is 26' and our Pass-A-Grille boat is 24'. We never book more than 6 persons per boat, and that leaves plenty of extra room to spread out.
- Is the cruise narrated?
- Yes, the cruise is narrated by the Captain and first mate and we will point out historic sites as well as other highlights as we approach them throughout the cruise.
- Is the boat wheelchair and handicap accessible?
- Both the Downtown and Pass-A-Grille boats are handicapped accessible.
- Can I bring food and drinks with me?
- We provide complimentary bottled water on all trips, but please feel free to bring any additional food and drinks with you, including alcohol. You may bring glass on board, but it is not preferred.
- Do you have life jackets?
- Yes, we have enough life jackets for every passenger, but you will not be required to wear them during the cruise.
- Do I have to worry about seasickness?
- The cruise is smooth and stable, so seasickness is generally not a problem. However, we do recommend taking any necessary precautions if you are prone to motion sickness.
- I’m pregnant. Can I still go on the cruise?
- The cruise is steady enough for pregnant women - however, if you have other concerns, it is always best to consult with a doctor beforehand.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of your ticket and is always greatly appreciated for a stellar job.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Unfortunately the boat does not have a restroom. We suggest making sure to use the restroom before your trip. The meeting location has public restrooms available for your convenience.
- Where do I park?
- Free parking is available at the marina.
- Where does the cruise end?
- The cruise will finish right back at the starting location.
- Is smoking allowed?
- No, smoking is not permitted on the vessel.
- Can I bring my dog or pet?
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets other than service dogs.
- How far away from each other are the two marinas you meet at?
- The marinas are about a 20 minute drive away from each other.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make great gifts for any occasion! If you're interested in purchasing a gift certificate, let us know by clicking on the “Contact IslandFerry” link on the left.
- Can I book a private cruise?
- Yes, private charters are available. We can accommodate a variety of special events from corporate outings to weddings! Please let us know what you’re interested in by clicking on the “Contact IslandFerry” link to the left of the page.
We're not just a travel and tourism company. We're all about hospitality here, striving to create a wonderful experience while touring the waters of the Tampa Bay area. We run a luxury ferry service between Pass-A-Grille Beach and downtown St. Pete, as well as history tours and sunset cruises departing from both locations.
Our boats are more like water limos, with plush seating, lunch tables and cup holders. They're perfect for a picnic on the water!