Once on board, choose from a selection of Topper's pizza including sausage, pepperoni or cheese pizza. Topper's signature mouth-watering Topperstix are also served! Take in all that Mississippi has to offer, including:
- See where the three Rivers meet (the La Crosse, Black and Mississippi Rivers)
- The Canadian Pacific Soo Line Railroad Bridge - one of the few remaining swing bridges on the river
- La Crosse's beautiful Riverside Park
- Upper Mississippi River Wildlife Refuge
- The massive Cass Street Bridge
- Pettibone Park on Barron's Island
- Mississippi River RipRapping
- Copeland Park - home of the La Crosse Logger's baseball team
- North Bay Marina's sparkling boats and yachts
- Mississippi River wildlife including American Bald Eagles, Tundra swans, muskrats, beavers, deer, geese, ducks and more!
What Is Not Included?
Please note that the pizza and breadsticks are NOT all you can eat. Because we have the pizza catered in, we account for an average of 3 pieces of pizza per person and 2 breadsticks per person. We are happy to any additional pieces until we run out.
- Do I have to purchase the tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required as cruises often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Can I bring children on the cruise?
- Absolutely! Children are welcome on all cruises. Children 2-11 years of age have a reduced ticket price. Children 1 and under are free but must have a secured ticket to attend due to Coast Guard regulations.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our Captain is in constant communication with the Coast Guard and the National Weather Service. We do cruise rain or shine, however, we would never put our passengers in harm's way. In the event of severe or unsafe weather we would have to cancel, and you would be able to reschedule your tickets to another day and time or receive credit for a future event.
- How many guests does the Island Girl hold?
- The Island Girl is 90 feet long and 20 feet wide, and can accommodate up to 149 passengers. The lower deck seats up to 75 and our upper deck seats up to 40. In addition, we have open deck seating on board.
- What will we see on the cruise?
- Take in the beautiful views of the Mississippi River. Enjoy the Wisconsin wildlife including the American Bald Eagle, Tundra Swans, geese, ducks, beaver, muskrats, deer, foxes and more. See Riverside Park, historic railroad bridges, Cass Street Bridge, and more!
- Is the cruise narrated?
- The cruise is not narrated, but our captain will point out major areas of interest along the way.
- Are food and drinks served on the cocktail pizza cruises?
- Yes, we serve Topper's pizza and Topperstix, free tap beer and free soda on this cruise. A 2-for-1 drink special is offered on some other beverages. Alcoholic drinks range from $2.75-$7.50.
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- No, unfortunately personal foods and beverages are prohibited aboard the Island Girl for insurance reasons. Each cruise does offer its own menu for you to enjoy!
- Can I bring alcohol on board?
- No, you cannot bring your own personal alcoholic beverages on board but we do offer alcoholic beverages for purchase on board. Alcoholic drinks range from $2.50-6.50 (2 for 1 prices!).
- Do I need to be 21 to drink alcohol?
- Yes, you must be 21 years of age if you intend to purchase alcoholic beverages on board. Please remember to bring government issued identification with you if would like to purchase alcohol at the full bar on board.
- How many bars are on board? Is it full service?
- We have one bar in the upper deck of the vessel. It is a full service bar offering a variety of popular beers, liquors and wines. We also offer soda, juice and other non-alcoholic beverages.
- Is there air conditioning/heating on board?
- Yes, the interior areas of the vessel are enclosed and climate controlled.
- Is it customary to tip the crew?
- Your crew works hard to make sure you have the best experience on the Mississippi aboard the Island Girl! If you feel our staff provides exceptional service tips are greatly appreciated!
- Is seating assigned on the cruise?
- No, seating is first-come, first-served. Please arrive early if you want to get particular seats!
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- The Island Girl is wheelchair accessible as are the restrooms on board. The ramp down to the boat is steep, we have found that some guests are not comfortable with this. Please keep in mind that the entrance to the boat is only 30 inches wide so some larger wheelchairs and electric scooters or Segways may be more difficult to accommodate.
- Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is allowed on the outdoor decks in designated areas only.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes! The Island Girl has a clean women's and a clean men's restroom on board. They are both wheelchair accessible.
- Will I get seasick?
- The Island Girl is a large, stable boat and the Mississippi River has very calm waters. Therefore, seasickness is rare. If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, please consider consulting your doctor before attending the cruise.
- Are group rates available?
- Yes. We have a discount for groups of 25 guests or more. Each person will receive a discount of $1 if 25 tickets or more are purchased.
- Do you pick up at Riverside Park?
- Yes, we are able to greet you and your guests at the levee at Riverside Park for an additional $200.00 fee. If you are interested in the Riverside Park pickup, please click on the "Contact this seller" link to make arrangements.
- Do you pick up at the Bikini Yacht Club?
- Yes, we are able to greet you and your guests at the levee at Bikini Yacht Club for an additional $300.00 fee. If you are interested in the Bikini Yacht Club pickup, please click on the "Contact this seller" link to make arrangements.
- Where does the Island Girl cruise?
- The Island Girl cruises south down the Black River into the Mississippi River. We then cruise south past Riverside Park and the Cass Street Bridge.
- What is the dress attire on board?
- The dress attire on board the Island Girl is casual. Sandals are allowed but bare feet are not. Although casual, please do not wear sleeveless shirts.
- What if I'm a vegetarian?
- We have plenty of cheese pizza on the cruise that has no meat!
- Where do I park?
- Island Girl parking is marked with signage upon turning onto Marina Drive. Please park in the designated area to ensure parking for all marina guests.
- Do you accept credit cards on board?
- Yes, we accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard or American Express. Please bring credit cards or cash with you for any on board purchases.
- When does your season start/end?
- The Island Girl cruises the Mississippi from June through mid-October.
- What time should I arrive for the cruise?
- Please arrive 30 to 60 minutes early to ensure a smooth check-in. This will allow for parking, check-in and relaxation. It is important our cruises depart on time.
- What happens if I arrive late?
- All cruises depart at the specified time due to our schedule. All guests have been informed of the cruise departure time and anticipate it to be accurate. It is imperative that guests arrive 30 to 60 minutes prior to cruise departure to avoid missing the boat!
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for any of our cruises on the Island Girl. Please click on the "Contact this seller" link if you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate.
- Are private charters/tours available?
- Absolutely! Private charters are a great idea for wedding, corporate or any other special event function. We specialize in special events! If you are interested in chartering the Island Girl, please click on the "Contact this seller" link to inquire further and we would be happy to assist you.
- Are the pizza and breadsticks all you can eat?
- No, pizza and breadsticks are served until they run out.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boats are United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
Island Girl Yacht Cruises & Events
In addition to public cruises, Island Girl Yacht Cruises and Events offers luxury yacht charters. Specializing in special events, they help celebrate wedding events, corporate gatherings and family get togethers.
Island Girl Yacht Cruises and Events where the best events are on the water!