While enjoying your meal, you will experience the views of the Mississippi River including:
- Unspoiled river bluff views of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- A spectacular view of the Winona landmark bluff Sugarloaf.
- The beautiful and artistic levee wall designed by folk artist Leo Smith.
- Local wildlife such as beavers, swans, geese, ducks, bald eagles and more!
Please note that seating is reserved and assigned on all dinner cruises.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase the tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required as cruises often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Can I bring children on the cruise?
- Absolutely! Children are welcome on all cruises. Children 2-11 years of age have a reduced ticket price. Children 1 and under are free but must have a secured ticket to attend due to Coast Guard regulations.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our Captain is in constant communication with the Coast Guard and the National Weather Service. We do cruise rain or shine, however, we would never put our passengers in harm's way. In the event of severe or unsafe weather we would have to cancel, and you would be able to reschedule your tickets to another day and time or receive credit for a future event.
- How many guests does the Island Girl hold?
- The Island Girl is 90 feet long and 20 feet wide, and can accommodate up to 149 passengers. The lower deck seats up to 75 and our upper deck seats up to 40. In addition, we have open deck seating on board.
- What will we see on the cruise?
- Take in the beautiful views of the Mississippi River. Enjoy the wildlife including the American Bald Eagle, Tundra Swans, geese, ducks, beaver, muskrats, deer, foxes and more. See Levee Park and more!
- Is the cruise narrated?
- The cruise is not narrated, but our captain will point out major areas of interest along the way.
- Are food and drinks served on the dinner cruise?
- Dinner is served buffet style and includes warm rolls, a dinner salad, entrées, a starch, fresh vegetable medley, coffee and a signature dessert. Additional beverages are available for purchase at our full service bar on board.
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- No, unfortunately personal foods and beverages are prohibited aboard the Island Girl for insurance reasons. Each cruise does offer its own menu for you to enjoy!
- Can I bring alcohol on board?
- No, you cannot bring your own personal alcoholic beverages on board but we do offer alcoholic beverages for purchase on board. Alcoholic drinks range from $2.50-6.50.
- Do I need to be 21 to drink alcohol?
- Yes, you must be 21 years of age if you intend to purchase alcoholic beverages on board. Please remember to bring government issued identification with you if would like to purchase alcohol at the full bar on board.
- How many bars are on board? Is it full service?
- We have one bar in the upper deck of the vessel. It is a full service bar offering a variety of popular beers, liquors and wines. We also offer soda, juice and other non-alcoholic beverages.
- Is there air conditioning/heating on board?
- Yes, the interior areas of the vessel are enclosed and climate controlled.
- Is it customary to tip the crew?
- Your crew works hard to make sure you have the best experience on the Mississippi aboard the Island Girl! If you feel our staff provides exceptional service tips are greatly appreciated!
- Is seating assigned on the cruise?
- Dinner cruise seating is assigned by our professional staff to best accommodate our guests. If you have a particular request, please let us know in a message to the seller upon purchasing your tickets and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please note that we cannot guarantee any specific seating.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- No, the Island Girl is not wheelchair accessible at the Winona port as there is no handicap ramp there to board guests.
- Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is allowed on the outdoor decks in designated areas only.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes! The Island Girl has a clean women's and a clean men's restroom on board. They are both wheelchair accessible.
- Will I get seasick?
- The Island Girl is a large, stable boat and the Mississippi River has very calm waters. Therefore, seasickness is rare. If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, please consider consulting your doctor before attending the cruise.
- Are group rates available?
- Yes. We have a discount for groups of 25 guests or more. Each person will receive a discount of $1 if 25 tickets or more are purchased.
- Where does the Island Girl cruise?
- The Island Girl cruises on the Mississippi River. The direction of the cruise will be determined by the Captain based on safety and river information.
- What is the dress attire on board?
- The dress attire on board the Island Girl is casual. Sandals are allowed but bare feet are not. Although casual, please do not wear sleeveless shirts.
- What if I'm a vegetarian?
- As long as we're given the proper notice, nobody should go home hungry. Each dinner cruise has a vegetarian pasta entrée that should be more than enough for our vegetarian guests, and there are plenty of delicious vegetarian sides as well. That said, especially for Thursday night cruises, it is very important that you let us know if there are any vegetarians in the group while purchasing your tickets. Please use the "message to seller" box to convey this message, and feel free to call after booking your tickets to follow up and confirm!
- Where do I park?
- There is public parking on Levee Park Drive for handicap guests. There is also a public parking lot located on the left off of Walnut Street prior to turning onto Levee Park Drive. Street parking is also available.
- Do you accept credit cards on board?
- Yes, we accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard or American Express. Please bring credit cards or cash with you for any on board purchases.
- When does your season start/end?
- The Island Girl cruises the Mississippi from June through mid-October.
- What time should I arrive for the cruise?
- Please arrive 30 to 60 minutes early to ensure a smooth check-in. This will allow for parking, check-in and relaxation. It is important our cruises depart on time.
- What happens if I arrive late?
- All cruises depart at the specified time due to our schedule. All guests have been informed of the cruise departure time and anticipate it to be accurate. It is imperative that guests arrive 30 to 60 minutes prior to cruise departure to avoid missing the boat!
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for any of our cruises on the Island Girl. Please click on the "Contact this seller" link if you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate.
- Are private charters/tours available?
- Absolutely! Private charters are a great idea for wedding, corporate or any other special event function. We specialize in special events! If you are interested in chartering the Island Girl, please click on the "Contact this seller" link to inquire further and we would be happy to assist you.
- Are tables assigned for the dinner cruise?
- Yes, tables are reserved and assigned for the dinner cruise. If you would like to sit with a certain group please note that in the message to seller section to notify them of your request. Accommodations are made based off of the seating layout.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boats are United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
Island Girl Yacht Cruises & Events
Enjoy a variety of cruises including sightseeing cruises, beautiful sunset dinner cruises and fun TacoRita and Cocktail Pizza cruises!
In addition to public cruises, Island Girl Yacht Cruises and Events offers luxury yacht charters. Specializing in special events, they help celebrate wedding events, corporate gatherings and family get togethers.
Island Girl Yacht Cruises and Events where the best events are on the water!