See an awesome display of the most brilliant, colorful sunsets ever seen due to the interaction of the sea breezes across the bay. Dolphins dance alongside the boat as we completely encircle historical Cape May.
Our new 100 foot long boat is specifically designed for non-obtrusive, up close viewing of marine mammals. She is the smoothest, most stable marine observation vessel on the entire East Coast, and makes an ideal platform for creative photography and stunning videos.
- The antics of man's best friends as they cavort and frolic alongside the boat.
- Pelagic birds soaring overhead.
- Historic sites as we encircle the island of Cape May.
- The exotic and gorgeous Cape May sunset.
- Complimentary dinner of cheese pizza and hot dogs.
Your voyage will last but a few hours...the memories will last a lifetime! SHARE IN THE ADVENTURE!
What Is Not Included?
- There will be a galley on board, so bring extra money with you if you'd like to purchase some snacks or drinks! Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Singing and playing in the Rain
|allstate||Sat, Sep 12 5:30 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
What a AWESOME weekend. I had the opportunity to experience the bad and good of Whale and Dolphin viewing. Yes it rained but .... My second day was full of several surprises. Whales and Dolphins doing what they do naturally. But most important to me was the determination of the Captain and his crew determine to make it a memorable event for everyone. Especially for me it was my 65th Birthday gift to me and I had a fantastic time, one that I shall never forget.
Cape May Sunset Dolphin Cruise Is Great Family Fun
|craigungaro||Sun, Sep 6 5:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
My wife and I took our 6,4,& 3 year old grand daughters. We all enjoyed the dolphins and the beautiful scenery.
The naturalist Melissa was very informative and entertaining. The dolphin sightings and maritime information was excellent. We enjoyed the history lesson very much as well.
I highly recommend the dolphin cruise for any and all ages especially this tour which has the added feature of a panoramic sunset. Thanks & best, Craig !!
food and drinks
|VIRTUES||Sun, Sep 6 5:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Unspecified|
We had a cruise which included hot dogs and pizza. You ran out of pizza and ice tea.
We got stuck in traffic aND missed the cruise by 10 mintues. But you where nice enough
to let us go on the next cruise.
Excellent trip to watch dolphins.
|greighn||Sun, Sep 6 5:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
Everyone had a great time. The crew was very good. We would highly recommend it to our friends.
the dolphins were jumping
|dlmcpa||Sun, Sep 6 5:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
enjoyed the dolphin cruise. we sat on top deck towards back of ship, and only heard limited of what the guide was saying
|gmanu2000||Sat, Sep 5 5:30 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We enjoyed the sunset dolphin watch tour with family but it could have been better.
1) Boat was clean and fresh
2) crew were professional in approach
3) Free Pizza and saw a few dolphins and beautiful view of the sunset.
1) lack of good restroom facility. They had just one portable toilet.
2) not small kid friendly, we requested to take food for our toddler who had food restrictions but denied. He was hungry and it kinda ruined our experience. They should relax the food atleaat for Babies and kids.
3) you can't even take a water bottle inside which was not acceptable. They sell bottled water on the boat.
Overall a good experience watching sunset in East coast but could be better if cons are taken care off. Bathroom much needed. No physical structure at all, just portable cabins :(.
Beautiful sunset cruise
|Lcook9||Thu, Sep 3 5:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
What a great sunset cruise. Saw many many dolphins! Staff very enthusiastic, informative and helpful.great price and the complimentary food was nice
Too many misbehaved children
|cvanwagner||Thu, Sep 3 5:30 PM||Unspecified||50-59||Local||Unspecified|
Have a sunset ADULTS ONLY cruise. Out of champagne. Too many rude kids with clueless parents. Not at all what we were counting on.
|Lauraeyring||Thu, Sep 3 5:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Unspecified|
This was a fantastic experience! Would do it again and again.
|tanig21||Thu, Sep 3 5:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Best thing ever!!?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Yes, we guarantee a marine mammal (dolphin or a whale) sighting on each trip. If you do not see a marine mammal, you get another trip for free!
- Is this trip appropriate for children under 7 years old?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 or under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler or food and drinks on board?
- No, coolers, food or drinks are not permitted on baord. We do have a full galley with snacks, soda, and triple filtered water in our signature reusable bottles on board, so bring extra money with you! Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board (and advised, especially for children two and under).
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Cape May from Wildwood?
- Cape May is a 15-20 minute drive from Wildwood. However, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There will be plenty for you to do if you're interested in hanging around before or after the cruise! There are restaurants, vineyards, a lighthouse, Victorian architecture tours, and a great beach.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley on board, and pizza and hot dogs are included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley. Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- The galley on board will offer hotdogs, pizza, mini cheeseburgers, chicken quesadillas, pbj, snacks, ice cream, and hot and cold beverages (ranging from $2 - $5). Remember that this trip includes complimentary pizza and hot dogs too! Adult beverages available for purchase.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will receive an automatic discount of $5 off per ticket upon purchasing.
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($10) ticket.
The Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center is a proud member of Whale SENSE, 1 of only 2 in the state of New Jersey, the other being our sister ship, the Atlantic Star. Whale SENSE (www.whalesense.org) is a collaborative, voluntary program recognizing commercial whale watching operations committed to a higher standard of whale watching.
It is such a privilege for the Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center to be participating in research with the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS). As a grant funded by NOAA's Whale SENSE & WDCS, we were outfitted with cameras and GPS units to photograph and document the whales we see, and it's already been a huge success!
Using photo ID, WDCS researchers matched whales that we photographed off Cape May, NJ to the Gulf of Maine humpback whale catologue and confirmed sightings of 2 young whales named Campfire and Esca.