See an awesome display of the most brilliant, colorful sunsets ever seen due to the interaction of the sea breezes across the bay. Dolphins dance alongside the boat as we completely encircle historical Cape May.
Our new 100 foot long boat is specifically designed for non-obtrusive, up close viewing of marine mammals. She is the smoothest, most stable marine observation vessel on the entire East Coast, and makes an ideal platform for creative photography and stunning videos.
- The antics of man's best friends as they cavort and frolic alongside the boat.
- Pelagic birds soaring overhead.
- Historic sites as we encircle the island of Cape May.
- The exotic and gorgeous Cape May sunset.
- Complimentary dinner of cheese pizza and hot dogs.
Your voyage will last but a few hours...the memories will last a lifetime! SHARE IN THE ADVENTURE!
What Is Not Included?
- There will be a galley on board, so bring extra money with you if you'd like to purchase some snacks or drinks! Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Friendly, knowledgeable staff and tons of dolphins
|henryschaire||Tue, Jul 21 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our family of seven was treated to a spectacular dolphin show on our recent excursion. I believe an earlier afternoon thunderstorm scared off the crowds...we had the boat practically to ourselves. There was plenty of pizza and hot dogs available for our sunset cruise, and the friendly staff sent us home with leftovers! We saw many, many dolphins breaching the surface, several not more than 150 ft from the boat. Our naturalist was full of information, from dolphin mating habits to local culture to history of Cape May. This was a great way to spend 2.5 hours out on the water with dinner included; my kids loved it and my wife and I found it very relaxing. I highly recommend the Sunset Dolphin Cruise; it was recommended to me by a co-worker and it did not disappoint.
satisfied repeat cruiser
|Readerpeace||Mon, Jul 20 6:00 PM||Female||70+||Local||Group of Friends|
Excellent way to spend a lovely evening while getting pertinent information about sea life, the coast and waters of Cape May,
We may try a third time to see the turtle/whale/shark and of course dolphin life.
|ghagaman||Sat, Jul 18 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Everything was great, staff was friendly and helpful
wonderful short but informative
|GeriAlbano||Tue, Jul 14 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Really enjoyed the ride and seeing the dolphins....made my granddaughter so happy.
Perfect Date Night
|Ernanalic||Fri, Jul 10 6:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This cruise was easily one of the best nights we spent in cape may, not only do you see a great number of Dolphins but you also get a beautiful view of cape may and you are provided with a mini tour and historic information session, the staff was enthusiastic especially the woman who was talking the entire time, I really appreciated how much they loved their job and it made me even more interested in everything they had to say, not only is this a lovely romantic night out it is also perfect for kids because once the boat spots a dolphin they follow it in order to see the rest of their group and it becomes exciting waiting for passengers to spot a dolphin, if you are hesitant about going DO IT you won't regret it, how could you say no to dolphins and free food?!?!?
|Jgiolli||Thu, Jul 9 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We saw a handful of Dolphins at the beginning which is was nice but otherwise the experience was boring. There were no hot dogs left 20 minutes in and also the pizza slices were almost gone as well. Sea was choppy but nothing u can do about that. I think to make it better try and have a little entertainment after the Dolphins. At the very end they put on a few songs which was nice but felt like a ferry not an organized activity.
Worth every cent
|Joshpeb2||Mon, Jun 22 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This our 3rd time out with Cape May Dolphin Research crew. Our Naturalist Melissa was very knowledgable about the dolphins and other wildlife that we saw. The whole crew was very friendly. We have seen a pretty large amount of dolphins on all three of our trips.
no positive comment
|JoeGrady||Sat, Jun 20 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Family Without Children|
Unfortunately we did not get to enjoy this trip. More disappointedly we could not get our money back or even reschedule. Unfortunately, I cannot give any recommendation for Zerve or JJC Boats. I would still like a refund.
Great trip, sights, information and snacks
|scorrigan3||Fri, Jun 12 6:00 PM||Female||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Loved the trip, location was hard to find.
Lovely evening for a cruise!
|LouisPRenzi||Sun, May 24 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My wife and I recently took our second annual trip on this particular boat. The 2-hour evening cruise was our second choice; the longer afternoon trip was sold out this holiday. Weather: bright & sunny, but very windy that evening; Atlantic seas seemed too rough. We thought the tour would be cancelled, but instead, the Captain's "Plan B" was to traverse the Canal and cruise in the calmer bay waters. No worries, safety is clearly first with these folks. Other tour boats followed suit. We saw only 2 dolphins - guess they hadn't received the memo! - but the gorgeous sunset, friendly staff and the other nice passengers made it a very enjoyable evening just the same. One very kind gentleman took our photo and emailed it to us! The ground staff, naturalist and Captain/crew did a nice job and made the trip worthwhile; we saw some interesting seabirds so it wasn't just about dolphins. The complimentary hot dogs and pizza were a nice touch. If we'd been traveling with small kids, those would have been a big hit, no doubt. Our word to the wise: BRING A WARMER JACKET THAN YOU THINK YOU NEED. The best viewing is from out on the open decks, and the ocean wind at dusk can be really, really cold in a tank top.
We think this is a very worthwhile and fun way to get out on the water, and we plan to go again next year.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Yes, we guarantee a marine mammal (dolphin or a whale) sighting on each trip. If you do not see a marine mammal, you get another trip for free!
- Is this trip appropriate for children under 7 years old?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 or under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler or food and drinks on board?
- No, coolers, food or drinks are not permitted on baord. We do have a full galley with snacks, soda, and triple filtered water in our signature reusable bottles on board, so bring extra money with you! Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board (and advised, especially for children two and under).
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Cape May from Wildwood?
- Cape May is a 15-20 minute drive from Wildwood. However, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There will be plenty for you to do if you're interested in hanging around before or after the cruise! There are restaurants, vineyards, a lighthouse, Victorian architecture tours, and a great beach.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley on board, and pizza and hot dogs are included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley. Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- The galley on board will offer hotdogs, pizza, mini cheeseburgers, chicken quesadillas, pbj, snacks, ice cream, and hot and cold beverages (ranging from $2 - $5). Remember that this trip includes complimentary pizza and hot dogs too! Adult beverages available for purchase.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will receive an automatic discount of $5 off per ticket upon purchasing.
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($10) ticket.
The Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center is a proud member of Whale SENSE, 1 of only 2 in the state of New Jersey, the other being our sister ship, the Atlantic Star. Whale SENSE (www.whalesense.org) is a collaborative, voluntary program recognizing commercial whale watching operations committed to a higher standard of whale watching.
It is such a privilege for the Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center to be participating in research with the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS). As a grant funded by NOAA's Whale SENSE & WDCS, we were outfitted with cameras and GPS units to photograph and document the whales we see, and it's already been a huge success!
Using photo ID, WDCS researchers matched whales that we photographed off Cape May, NJ to the Gulf of Maine humpback whale catologue and confirmed sightings of 2 young whales named Campfire and Esca.