Our new 100 foot long boat is specifically designed for non-obtrusive, up close viewing of marine mammals. She is the smoothest, most stable marine observation vessel on the entire East Coast, and makes an ideal platform for creative photography and stunning videos.
When we set sail, you actually become a part of the opportunistic research team. Careful instructions are given in the "spotting techniques" for particular species by our naturalist.
- The antics of man's best friends as they cavort and frolic alongside the boat.
- Pelagic birds soaring overhead.
- Historic sites as we encircle the island of Cape May.
- Photo opportunities of seldom seen, rare or endangered species!
- Complimentary coffee, juice and donuts.
Dolphin sightings are guaranteed! (If no marine mammals are sighted, your next trip is free).
Your voyage will last but a few hours...the memories will last a lifetime! SHARE IN THE ADVENTURE!
What Is Not Included?
- There will be a galley on board, so bring extra money with you if you'd like to purchase some snacks or drinks! Adult beveages are available for purchase on board.
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, lip balm and sunblock.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
we were very pleasantly surprised. saw many ...
|patourist||Thu, Jun 25 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Must say we were concerned; our zerve CSR seemed a little unsure of himself, especially when I asked if there were whales in the area now... that's why we took the dolphin-only tour.
But the tour itself was great....
JJC Boats responded:
Thank you for your response! We're really sorry to hear you had a less than thrilling experience when you called in and have since been in touch with Zerve. We've taken steps to improve the experience for future customers and appreciate your feedback. We hope you to see you again soon!
Had a great time!
|maggie155||Thu, Jun 25 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Did the two hour dolphin watch tour and had a great time. Saw tons of dolphins alone, in pods and with their baby dolphins. Even saw a few surfing in the wake of our boat. Melissa provided enthusiastic, interesting commentary about the dolphins and the landmarks on shore as we passed them. Scott was excellent during his "touch tank" presentation. He had a wonderful personality and kept everyone entertained as he educated us. I would recommend this trip for all ages. Free donuts, coffee and juice were also a very nice touch.
|Jtgiants||Wed, Jun 24 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
We had the perfect day, it was gorgeous out and had such a clear view of the dolphins! It sure was a great experience and will definitely do it again when I have children one day.
Responsible wildlife watching
|ALTrue||Tue, Jun 23 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
See dolphins in their natural habitat. This company participates in a voluntary program to watch wildlife responsibly, and also has a naturalist on board giving facts about dolphins & other wildlife throughout the tour. Highly recommend.
Enjoyable and exhilirating
|LeahLove30||Mon, Jun 22 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Combination||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I had a wonderful time, as always.
Special day watching the dolphins with my daughter
|cwaughen||Wed, Jun 17 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This was the first time that my 12-year-old daughter and I were on a dolphin watch cruise. It was a beautiful day and we were had the wonderful experience of witness may dolphin in the ocean. They are so beautiful to watch as they swim, jump, dive and glide through the water. Would recommend this to everyone. The crew was wonderful!
fun and informative
|alicecarli||Wed, Jun 17 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We saw no whales (and had been told not to expect to) but lots of dolphins -- surprisingly close to shore! -- and other wildlife, including some "touch zoo" crustaceans on the boat (we were glad to hear that they spend most of their time in a large enclosure open to the sea). The naturalist was very informative, and gave information that was new to my kid, who is more knowledgeable about dolphins than I am. We both enjoyed the tour very much.
JJC Boats responded:
This trip was a 2 hour dolphin watch. We don't go far enough off shore to look for whales on this trip.
Awesome experience for kids and adults alike!
|amgraham||Sat, May 30 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Wholeheartedly recommend these guys. Tons of dolphin sightings, great info on the animals and the behavior we were seeing in the moment. As the boat was heading back to shore, the biologist on board brought out several different kinds of crabs in a little pool on board for the kids to see and touch. My 2-year-old was too afraid to touch them, but was intrigued in spite of himself! He didn't stop talking about dolphins and crabs for days! Food and drink on board (free donuts and coffee in the morning!, plus yogurt, crackers, etc. for sale), bathrooms, indoor and outdoor seating.
everything went well.
|taxo188XT||Thu, May 28 10:00 AM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The crew of the boat were friendly and helpful and made our time onboard
very pleasant and enjoyable.
|crash1964||Mon, May 25 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Local||Unspecified|
I took the wife and children. The crew was helpful and informative. The captain got us on 5 separate pods of dolphins.
- What kind of wild life have been sighted recently?
- For our most recent sightings please check out our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/capemay.whalewatch
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Yes, we guarantee a marine mammal (dolphin or a whale) sighting on each trip. If you do not see a marine mammal, you get another trip for free!
- Is this trip appropriate for children under 7 years old?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 or under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler or food and drinks on board?
- No, coolers, food and drinks are not permitted. We do have a full galley with snacks, soda, and triple filtered water in our reusable signature bottles so bring extra money with you!
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board (and advised, especially for children two and under).
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Cape May from Wildwood?
- Cape May is a 15-20 minute drive from Wildwood. However, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There will be plenty for you to do if you're interested in hanging around before or after the cruise! There are restaurants, vineyards, a lighthouse, Victorian architecture tours, and a great beach.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley on board, and coffee, juice (apple), and donuts are included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley. Adult beverages are available for purchase on board.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- The galley on board will offer hotdogs, pizza, mini cheeseburgers, chicken quesadillas, pbj, snacks, ice cream, and hot and cold beverages (ranging from $2 - $5, cash only). Remember that this trip includes complimentary apple juice, coffee and assorted donuts!
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will receive an automatic discount of $5 off each ticket.
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($10) ticket.
The Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center is a proud member of Whale SENSE, 1 of only 2 in the state of New Jersey, the other being our sister ship, the Atlantic Star. Whale SENSE (www.whalesense.org) is a collaborative, voluntary program recognizing commercial whale watching operations committed to a higher standard of whale watching.
It is such a privilege for the Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center to be participating in research with the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDC). As a grant funded by NOAA's Whale SENSE & WDC, we were outfitted with cameras and GPS units to photograph and document the whales we see, and it's already been a huge success!
Using photo ID, WDC researchers matched whales that we photographed off Cape May, NJ to the Gulf of Maine humpback whale catologue and confirmed sightings of 2 young whales named Campfire and Esca.