Welcome aboard the Dark Star, our 50 ft modern day pirate ship, and join the roughest swaggerin' scallywags that ever sailed the seven seas.
The Dark Star, an authentic Pirate themed cruise ship, is looking fer Buccaneers young and ol' to sign on with the crew, and ye'll find a fortune of tales, tunes, and treasures that would turn ol' Blackbeard green with envy.
Let our cutthroat but always friendly Pirate Crew entertain ye with:
- Pirate stories
- Face painting
- A treasure hunt
- A water cannon battle
- Loads of guaranteed family fun fer all ages!
Face painting begins 25 minutes prior to departure.
What Is Not Included?
Available upgrades: one size fits all Pirate Hat, swords, hooks, bandanas, youth tee shirts (black), and adult tee shirts (black).
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Juju4980||Fri, Aug 28 6:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
We really enjoyed the pirate cruise. Very well done.
awesome fun for all ages!
|rtsouder||Fri, Aug 28 2:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
This was a surprise for our kids. We all had a blast, the pirates were funny and energetic. They included EVERYONE in the fun, both kids and adults were interacting with this event. What I liked best was there was humor for both kids and grown ups. Everyone was laughing and having fun. A definite must do for the family while at Wildwood Crest. We've been telling everyone about this. Doing this again next year! Thankyou Dark Star Pirate Cruises for an awesome time!
|barbaramarne||Fri, Aug 28 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This pirate cruise is great. The kids have a blast. We did it last year also!
Excellent time for the whole family
|dnsmorton||Fri, Aug 28 9:30 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We took our two children (7yo & 5yo) on the pirate adventure as a surprise. Our daughter was not sure it was going to be fun, but it was her favorite part of our whole vacation at the shore! The cast/crew were superb - friendly, attentive and great in character.
The voyage/performance had plenty of amusement for adults and parents, as well as the joy of watching the kids get into the pirate adventure. The interactive features gave parents a chance to participate and amuse the kids.
The boat was safe, clean and well maintained.
A great time, we would go again and recommend it for families especially.
|tmorrow6||Thu, Aug 27 2:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
awesome experience for all ages! A great crew aboard the dark star!
Great Family Fun
|WilliamMcFa||Thu, Aug 27 2:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The crew was entertaining and engaged the children. Everyone enjoy the trip and had a great time. I highly recommend it to folks with children.
|ddflynn29||Thu, Aug 27 9:30 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The one hour show was fun filled and interactive. All children were addressed by name because they were provided with name tags. The cast was fantastic providing song and story entertainment. Face painting or tattooing is provided before the tour. Well worth the money, I would do it again!
|Jillelliott||Wed, Aug 26 5:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We had a blast. The kids (ages 10 months, 3 and 4 years old) and adults all loved it. The kids asked to go back the next day. The Pirates were great with everyone and it was a very interactive experience. We will definitely go back next year.
Excellent family fun
|Joeseanb||Wed, Aug 26 12:30 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Excellent family fun
|doreenjacobs||Mon, Aug 24 6:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
we had a great time. The crew gets everyone involved in the scene
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- I have children under 30 inches tall in my group. Do they need to pay?
- No, young Pirates under 30 inches ride free! Please just indicate in the "message to seller" field that you have children under 30 inches in your group (and how many) when you purchase tickets.
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Is the trip scary?
- Not at all! The trip is very family friendly and was designed with kids in mind!
- When does face painting begin?
- Face painting begins 25 minutes prior to the ship's departure. Make sure to arrive early to participate! Note that face painting will ONLY take place before the trip and not during the trip itself.
- Tell me more about the Dark Star!
- The Dark Star is a 50 foot modern day pirate ship and is certified to carry 49 passengers. It was custom designed by Naval Architect Michael LeMole, and is equipped with state of the art electronics and the latest life saving equipment. There is one head (bathroom) below deck for our Pirates' convenience.
- Are there any drinks available on board?
- Sodas are available in our gift shop and our own special Dark Star Grog (root beer) will be available on board.
- Can I bring food or drinks on board? What about alcohol?
- Is the galley on board cash only?
- No, but we do have a gift shop at the dock with snacks, ice cream, soda, juice, and water.
- Is there a bathroom on board?
- Yes, there is one head (bathroom) below deck for our Pirates' convenience. But, we recommend that you use the restrooms at the dock before the trip.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated, and the Dark Star is equipped with state of the art electronics and the latest life saving equipment!
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately the ship is not wheelchair accessible,but we try our best to accommodate in any way we can.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- While this cruise is definitely safe and smooth for all, if you are pregnant and concerned about participating, you should check with your doctor.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Feel free to bring a small stroller on board with you, but avoid the big heavy ones! Fold-able strollers are best.
- How far out will the boat go?
- We will stay very close to shore and venture only into Sunset Lake.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is NOT an issue on these trips - the ride is very smooth and we don't go out into the ocean.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, there is a covered area towards the back of the boat that will provide shade from the sun.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- No, no smoking allowed on board!
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes, there will be tons of pirate-themed souvenirs available for purchase before and after the trip at our ticketing area. Please bring extra cash with you if you'd like to purchase some fun souvenirs!
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz located at the dock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- Customary gratuity is 20%.
- Are there group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more get $4 off per ticket automatically.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes! Private and special event charters include private parties, business meetings, corporate events, school field trips, weddings, or your own customized event! To request a private charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know what you're interested in doing.
The Starlight Fleet is a family owned and operated business; Captain Jim and his wife, Tracie are joined by sons, Nicholas and Andrew in the daily operation of The Starlight Fleet.