Welcome aboard the Dark Star, our 50 ft modern day pirate ship, and join the roughest swaggerin' scallywags that ever sailed the seven seas.
The Dark Star, an authentic Pirate themed cruise ship, is looking fer Buccaneers young and ol' to sign on with the crew, and ye'll find a fortune of tales, tunes, and treasures that would turn ol' Blackbeard green with envy.
Let our cutthroat but always friendly Pirate Crew entertain ye with:
- Pirate stories
- Face painting
- A treasure hunt
- A water cannon battle
- Loads of guaranteed family fun fer all ages!
Face painting begins 25 minutes prior to departure.
What Is Not Included?
Available upgrades: one size fits all Pirate Hat, swords, hooks, bandanas, youth tee shirts (black), and adult tee shirts (black).
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
The kids loved it.
|PhilAmatucci||Sun, Sep 13 12:30 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Very entertaining and original. Both kids loved the experience and it was well worth the money.
Perfect for young children
|Shanavred||Sat, Sep 12 12:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The pirate staff was enthusiastic and paid attention to all the children on the boat, even though there were quite a few! They joked with the adults which kept us entertained as well. The story telling and action had the kids involved for the whole hour long journey. I definitely recommend this voyage!
So much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|Kbeckernyc||Sat, Sep 12 12:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We had a blast! Really fun. Kids loved it. The pirates interacted so much with all of the people on board. My 5 year old was convinced they were real pirates!! Highly recommend.
|Jpoletti1025||Mon, Sep 7 2:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We took my 3 year old son last weekend and it was a BLAST! The staff was So entertaining, the whole "show" was funny, and kept my son on his toes! Would recommend it for children and adults of any age! So fun!
Very entertaining! Wonderful for kids imaginations
|Kkatesba11||Mon, Sep 7 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
What a great pirate cruise. Complete with singing, storytelling, water canoning, discovering treasure, jokes.... I could go on for awhile. This cruise had it all. The kids loved it. Very Interactive. The Pirates were the real deal. Would highly recommend.
We had a great time!!
|Soginski||Sun, Sep 6 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
My kids loved it. They are 6 and 4. I would highly recommended it!!
Greatest Day Ever!!!
|CherylZiegle||Sat, Sep 5 12:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We did the cruise for my son's 8th birthday, and it was the best idea I ever had!! He was totally surprised and I loved how the pirate crew was so interactive with everyone, even the adults. My daughter is 11 and she loved it too!!
Great imagination feeder
|Mproot24||Sat, Sep 5 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My 3 sons enjoyed every second of the pirate tour. The characters were so engaging with every person on the tour that it was impossible NOT to have fun. I would highly recommend giving it a look if you have kids, and I plan to take mine back next summer.
|Beccanrich||Wed, Sep 2 3:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My husband and I took my children and our grandchildren on this trip. It was way fun for the kids. It was all about the kids. We had in our group 5 children. 4 under 6. They had a great time being pirates. The crew were fun and got the boat involved. The kids became a pirate while on board. There were songs, trivia, jokes, eye patches, certificates, tattoos and FUN! Take your families the memories are forever!
Great for family!!
|Jkoeh82||Tue, Sep 1 2:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Cruise was great!! Crew was inviting and made everyone ( parents as well) comfortable from the start. Our daughter had a blast and we did as well. Can't say enough about the crew and how fun they made the experience. Will definitely return for another visit.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- I have children under 30 inches tall in my group. Do they need to pay?
- No, young Pirates under 30 inches ride free! Please just indicate in the "message to seller" field that you have children under 30 inches in your group (and how many) when you purchase tickets.
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Is the trip scary?
- Not at all! The trip is very family friendly and was designed with kids in mind!
- When does face painting begin?
- Face painting begins 25 minutes prior to the ship's departure. Make sure to arrive early to participate! Note that face painting will ONLY take place before the trip and not during the trip itself.
- Tell me more about the Dark Star!
- The Dark Star is a 50 foot modern day pirate ship and is certified to carry 49 passengers. It was custom designed by Naval Architect Michael LeMole, and is equipped with state of the art electronics and the latest life saving equipment. There is one head (bathroom) below deck for our Pirates' convenience.
- Are there any drinks available on board?
- Sodas are available in our gift shop and our own special Dark Star Grog (root beer) will be available on board.
- Can I bring food or drinks on board? What about alcohol?
- Is the galley on board cash only?
- No, but we do have a gift shop at the dock with snacks, ice cream, soda, juice, and water.
- Is there a bathroom on board?
- Yes, there is one head (bathroom) below deck for our Pirates' convenience. But, we recommend that you use the restrooms at the dock before the trip.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated, and the Dark Star is equipped with state of the art electronics and the latest life saving equipment!
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately the ship is not wheelchair accessible,but we try our best to accommodate in any way we can.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- While this cruise is definitely safe and smooth for all, if you are pregnant and concerned about participating, you should check with your doctor.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Feel free to bring a small stroller on board with you, but avoid the big heavy ones! Fold-able strollers are best.
- How far out will the boat go?
- We will stay very close to shore and venture only into Sunset Lake.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is NOT an issue on these trips - the ride is very smooth and we don't go out into the ocean.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, there is a covered area towards the back of the boat that will provide shade from the sun.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- No, no smoking allowed on board!
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes, there will be tons of pirate-themed souvenirs available for purchase before and after the trip at our ticketing area. Please bring extra cash with you if you'd like to purchase some fun souvenirs!
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz located at the dock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- Customary gratuity is 20%.
- Are there group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more get $4 off per ticket automatically.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes! Private and special event charters include private parties, business meetings, corporate events, school field trips, weddings, or your own customized event! To request a private charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know what you're interested in doing.
The Starlight Fleet is a family owned and operated business; Captain Jim and his wife, Tracie are joined by sons, Nicholas and Andrew in the daily operation of The Starlight Fleet.