Experience true relaxation on this cruise aboard the Atlantic Star. You'll cruise past the US Coast Guard Base, Commercial Fishing Fleets, Cape May Harbor, The Lobster House, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Schooner "American".
Then, as the sun begins to set, you'll travel through the Cape May Canal which connects the Atlantic to the Delaware Bay. With the backdrop of Sunset Beach, the historic sunken ship, and the Cape May Point Lighthouse, you'll witness the magnificent sunset!
Your buffet dinner will include:
- Salads such as turkey Caesar wraps, potato salad, tomato salad, and seasonal fruit salad
- Entrees including shrimp scampi, pulled pork, wings, hamburgers, hotdogs & sauerkraut
- Sides such as french fries, baked beans & wedge french fries
- Desserts including brownies and sponge cake
Enjoy recorded dance music throughout the evening. The Atlantic Star will also pull in behind the Lobster House Restaurant -- join in as we do the "YMCA" together!
Soda, bottled water, beer, wine, cocktails & frozen drinks will be available at our on board bar (cash only).
What Is Not Included?
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- Personal food items, beverages and coolers are not permitted on board. Bring extra cash with you to enjoy the on board cash bar.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Nice but not the dinner
|Sofiavillell||Mon, Jun 29 6:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We really liked the ride but I have to mention 2 things, first don't choose the buffet dinner option cause it was awful, nothing had taste and it was all fried and bad. Second thing, if you get seasick take something even if they tell you oh no, don't worry, the boat will stay mostly coastline, yeah true but when they stop to watch the dolphins the boat was moving so much it was scary and my friend got really sick. Other than that I thought it was worth it.
Nothings better than being on a boat at sunset!
|ShaneMcG||Sun, Jun 28 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I researched MANY boat rides before choosing this one. This boat won because it was very large, had food and a bar, bathrooms, tables, an upper floor, and the trip was 2.5 hours which was a lot longer than others. Also, the tickets were really not that bad a price, especially being that I got the "buy one get one half off" deal. One thing that I should say is that we are vegetarian, and there didn't seem to be many options without meat. This didn't bother us because we went out for a nice Mexican meal beforehand. It seemed like people were enjoying the food. Some complaints in reviews are the food, but really, do you expect some high quality gourmet? I enjoyed some drinks at the bar. The crew were all very kind and smiling. The captain was an awesome dude with a lot of interesting facts to announce. You can tell he loves doing this... Overall it was a great ride, seeing Cape May, a sunken ship, many dolphins, and a lighthouse was worth it all. The greatest part is heading back through the bay while the sun is going down. Beautiful clouds and colors. We'll be back on this boat in the future for certain. Thanks crew!
|Pegbarb||Wed, Jun 24 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Great boat, crew, captain, saw dolphins, lovely evening. Food could have been better, but you don't go on something like this for the food.
Great family experience, buffet not so much
|Cjbest01||Mon, Jun 22 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This was a great family outing for us. The crew was awesome. The captain even let the kids "drive" the boat for a bit. We saw dolphins as soon as we hit the open water, and lots of them throughout the cruise. We even learned a little about them and the area/attractions. The only complaint we have was the buffet itself. We would have been better having dinner prior and just going on the sightseeing cruise. We were almost last in line for food that wasn't good, or gone completely, and the setup is somewhat unsanitary with everyone hovering over and picking at the food. However, we did not let this take away from the actual event of sightseeing, which was well worth it. Many thanx to the Captain and his crew.
The BEST $40.00 I've ever spent!
|Dee317||Mon, Jun 22 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Other|
I love this dinner cruise!!! This is most definitely worth $40.00. Captain Chris is incredible!!! He gives a wonderful narrative of things you pass and the history of it as well. He takes you to the areas where there are plenty of dolphins to see too. I've gone on this cruise before and would go again and again!.
For those who have children this is a MUST DO because at a certain point during the tour he lets all the kids (and us big kids--- lol) steer the boat. The kids all love it as well as the "big" kids. :)
For me and the people I know who have gone on this cruise will tell you that $40.00 today doesn't get you much, but with this tour you most definitely get your moneys worth! It is at least 2 1/2 hours of relaxing, scenic fun!
I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars!
Thanks again to the crew and their incredible Captain Chris!!!
food terrible but ride on small boat nice
|Hluther||Wed, Jun 17 6:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Food isn't dinner it's picnic food and not very good picnic food. Boat was small and we only had about 50 passengers on board boat on which they told us can have maximum of 140. Walking around to see dolphins was crowded.
Wonderful Relaxing Time
|karenhallman||Wed, Jun 17 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This is the second year in a row we have gone on this dolphin watching cruise and each time was wonderful. The boat was clean, the captain interesting , giving history of the area and entertaining. It was fun seeing and watching all the dolphins also. The crew were also very nice and helpful making sure everyone was comfortable and having a great time.
|jcavallaro||Wed, Jun 17 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Highly recommend for the cruise portion. Beautiful scenery and a lot of dolphins made an appearance!
If we took the cruise again, we would only select the sightseeing portion as the dinner was subpar.
Enjoyable boat ride
|blondi61189||Fri, Jun 12 6:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
If your going for the food, forget it. Heck buy all mickey ds for better quality more flavorful food and save some money. If you want to have a relaxing boat ride and see some dolphins you wont be disappointed on that front. This may be a little bit too long of a ride for children 5 and under who seemed anxious and miserable half way thru.
Left late & it was dark
|rtodd622||Sat, Sep 13, 14 5:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Picked up brochure for the cruise, tried using promo discount code on line, came back "invalid". Called # on brochure, & female in your office, couldn't use code either ($3.00) off per person, said to see her when arriving. Went to her in office, she said not their company on brochure, couldn't give discount! Told her that we called the number listed on brochure, so it must be the same cruise company. We were told on telephone to be at dock at 5:00. Stood in line in fish market that was extremely crowded, as it was raining outside, waiting for workers to clean boat. The worker stated that the boat was scheduled to leave at 6:00 P.M. but as it came in late, it would be late leaving. Boat left around 6:15, as it was raining & cloudy, it already was getting dark. When boat entered Delaware bay, it started to violently rock & bounce, waves went over the bow of the boat, drenching some of the people. The captain pointed out a dolphin which I couldn't see, then turned around as it was rough & getting dark. On the way back, the captain made several circles, killing time, and put on some terrible sounding, distorted blasting music. It was so distorted that we couldn't even tell what song it was and so loud, we couldn't talk to anyone at our table! The food was ok but they ran out of hot dog rolls and it took a long time to get a drink. We were just about finished dinner when the drinks came! My wife & I were very disappointed with your dinner cruise!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, advanced tickets are required for this trip. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Dolphin sightings are not guaranteed on our buffet dinner cruise. We usually see dolphins, but the trip is designed to be a fun, lively, music filled sunset dinner experience on the water.
- Is this trip appropriate for children 6 years old and younger?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 and under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Tell me more about the Atlantic Star.
- The 100 foot Atlantic Star holds up to 170 passengers and features state of the art technology, a large sun deck with seating on the upper deck, and amenities such as an enclosed cabin and separate restrooms for ladies and gentlemen.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- No, coolers and personal food or beverage items are not permitted on the Atlantic Star. In addition to the complimentary buffet dinner, we do have a full galley with snacks, soda, bottled water, beer, wine and cocktails on board, so bring extra money with you! The galley is cash only.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Wildwood from Cape May?
- Wildwood is a 15-20 minute drive from Cape May. When coming from Cape May, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz located at the dock.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley and bar on board, and a complimentary dinner buffet is included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley (cash only). We do not allow personal alcohol of any kind on the boat, but beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- This trip includes a complimentary dinner buffet and has a full cash bar on board for your convenience, selling beer, wine or cocktails.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are there group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will get an automatic discount of $5 per ticket. Just click to purchase tickets and receive your automatic price reduction!
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($15) ticket.
The Starlight Fleet has been offering South Jersey extraordinary dolphin and whale watching as well as the Sunset Buffet Dinner Cruise for 27 years. You can experience those tours on our 100 foot, air conditioned Atlantic Star!