Experience true relaxation on this cruise aboard the Atlantic Star. You'll cruise past the US Coast Guard Base, Commercial Fishing Fleets, Cape May Harbor, The Lobster House, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Schooner "American".
Then, as the sun begins to set, you'll travel through the Cape May Canal which connects the Atlantic to the Delaware Bay. With the backdrop of Sunset Beach, the historic sunken ship, and the Cape May Point Lighthouse, you'll witness the magnificent sunset!
Your buffet dinner will include:
- Salads such as turkey Caesar wraps, potato salad, tomato salad, and seasonal fruit salad
- Entrees including shrimp scampi, pulled pork, wings, hamburgers, hotdogs & sauerkraut
- Sides such as french fries, baked beans & wedge french fries
- Desserts including brownies and sponge cake
Enjoy recorded dance music throughout the evening. The Atlantic Star will also pull in behind the Lobster House Restaurant -- join in as we do the "YMCA" together!
Soda, bottled water, beer, wine, cocktails & frozen drinks will be available at our on board bar (cash only).
What Is Not Included?
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- Personal food items, beverages and coolers are not permitted on board. Bring extra cash with you to enjoy the on board cash bar.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Comcowich||Wed, Aug 26 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Food was great but we were the last table to be called and many items were out. Felt like we had leftovers and paid the same as everyone else. Otherwise, it was an unforgettable experience.
Great trip with plenty of dolphins
|Enzo4444||Tue, Aug 25 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Great trip with plenty of dolphin sightings. Food was so so but that wasn't the reason for our trip.
Amazing Cruise !
|pdownin||Tue, Aug 25 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
An amazing cruise ! Good food, entertainment and beautiful sights !
excellent time for our family
|CathyInverso||Mon, Aug 24 6:00 PM||Female||Unspecified||Local||Family With Children|
Informative staff and patient as well
Ride an Scenery were outstanding, food NOT ENOUGH.
|Mark1975||Sun, Aug 23 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
Start off with the POSITIVE, Scenery was amazing. Seen lots of dolphins, the boat ride was very nice!!
Now to the NEGATIVE, We get on the boat we're seated on the top deck. OK it was nice. It took us 30 minutes for us to get our drinks. There was just one waitress. Now they started one table at a time to get they're food. Understandable because you don't want to have a bunch of people getting their food. They never replenished, so our table was one of the last and there was little food left. So that night we ate Pizza on the boardwalk because we were all hungry. They need to replenish or people who were served first didn't need to pile their dishes which they never finished.
|Mrc12778||Sun, Aug 23 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
It was a smooth ride to be seen a lot of dolphins. Captain and crew were amazing. My son is3 years old and he loved it.. everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. Great and fast service. Dinner was better then expected. Can't wait to go again.
Great and Relaxing Time on the Water.
|BIGAL1||Sat, Aug 22 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The staff was great and the food was good. The Boat was clean and fun to be on. The kids had a blast on the boat they were able to see the Dolphins swimming in the water. They were so happy that they said (That This Was The Best Day Ever).
|blestelle14||Fri, Aug 21 6:00 PM||Female||70+||Local||Family With Children|
The food and route were good. The staff was friendly. Two suggestions for improvement would be to clean the windows and spruce the tables up with some type of tablecloths. We realize that the boat is used for fishing during the day, but it would have been a more pleasureable experience if we could have seen out the windows while having our dinner.
JJC Boats responded:
Just so you know, we don't use the Atlantic Star for fishing during the day. The vessel is strictly used as a sightseeing vessel. It is used for whale and dolphin watching during the day. The vessel called the Starlight 101 is used for fishing and it does 3 trips daily at 8:00am, 1:00pm, and 7:00pm.
|kiyacowl||Thu, Aug 20 6:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
loved it good food good crew. Fyi drinks arent included
Good time, depends on fellow passengers
|condrovic||Wed, Aug 19 6:00 PM||Female||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We had the head table on the top deck - perfect! But then a group of non-courteous people crowded us. Also, I expected to be able To have more than one drink in the 3-hour ride. The cruise was beautiful and we did see many dolphins. Sunset was gorgeous but the ride back was a bit long. Would like a dinner cruise just for adults.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, advanced tickets are required for this trip. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Dolphin sightings are not guaranteed on our buffet dinner cruise. We usually see dolphins, but the trip is designed to be a fun, lively, music filled sunset dinner experience on the water.
- Is this trip appropriate for children 6 years old and younger?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 and under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Tell me more about the Atlantic Star.
- The 100 foot Atlantic Star holds up to 170 passengers and features state of the art technology, a large sun deck with seating on the upper deck, and amenities such as an enclosed cabin and separate restrooms for ladies and gentlemen.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- No, coolers and personal food or beverage items are not permitted on the Atlantic Star. In addition to the complimentary buffet dinner, we do have a full galley with snacks, soda, bottled water, beer, wine and cocktails on board, so bring extra money with you! The galley is cash only.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Wildwood from Cape May?
- Wildwood is a 15-20 minute drive from Cape May. When coming from Cape May, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz located at the dock.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley and bar on board, and a complimentary dinner buffet is included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley (cash only). We do not allow personal alcohol of any kind on the boat, but beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- This trip includes a complimentary dinner buffet and has a full cash bar on board for your convenience, selling beer, wine or cocktails.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are there group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will get an automatic discount of $5 per ticket. Just click to purchase tickets and receive your automatic price reduction!
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($15) ticket.
The Starlight Fleet has been offering South Jersey extraordinary dolphin and whale watching as well as the Sunset Buffet Dinner Cruise for 27 years. You can experience those tours on our 100 foot, air conditioned Atlantic Star!