Experience true relaxation on this cruise aboard the Atlantic Star. You'll cruise past the US Coast Guard Base, Commercial Fishing Fleets, Cape May Harbor, The Lobster House, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Schooner "American".
Then, as the sun begins to set, you'll travel through the Cape May Canal which connects the Atlantic to the Delaware Bay. With the backdrop of Sunset Beach, the historic sunken ship, and the Cape May Point Lighthouse, you'll witness the magnificent sunset!
Your buffet dinner will include:
- Salads such as turkey Caesar wraps, potato salad, tomato salad, and seasonal fruit salad
- Entrees including shrimp scampi, pulled pork, wings, hamburgers, hotdogs & sauerkraut
- Sides such as french fries, baked beans & wedge french fries
- Desserts including brownies and sponge cake
Enjoy recorded dance music throughout the evening. The Atlantic Star will also pull in behind the Lobster House Restaurant -- join in as we do the "YMCA" together!
Soda, bottled water, beer, wine, cocktails & frozen drinks will be available at our on board bar (cash only).
What Is Not Included?
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- Personal food items, beverages and coolers are not permitted on board. Bring extra cash with you to enjoy the on board cash bar.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fun, friendly atmosphere
|Helenb33||Sat, Jul 25 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My date and I had a great time. It was a nice setting for a date in my opinion. Sights were spectacular and The captain and crew were friendly. Food was good. I would go again.
|betzaidamon||Sat, Jul 25 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We had a blst time, my baby was going crazy with the seagulls, she love birds! Food was okay, the captain very pleasant so the staff at the ship, the front girl didn't like it too rude for my taste, I tried to make my reservation over the phone and she was giving me such as hard time, she told me that it was booked for the day I wanted, but I decided to check online, and granted there was plenty of space available for my prefer day! You figure that!
|cushmad1||Sat, Jul 25 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Good food, friendly staff, great views. For those that complain about the food, realize what you are paying for. It is at least $80 for a quality meal for 2 at a restaurant. With an online offer, I got 2 tickets for $60, which came with decent BBQ-esque finger foods and a 3 hour boat cruise. Nice evening out. Definitely recommend.
A BREATH TAKING TIME ON THE WATER
|Jerzyfemale||Thu, Jul 23 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Unspecified||Family Without Children|
This was me and my family's first time on this boat and it was way more than we expected. First of all, We have never been to any buffet style event where everything on the buffet tasted Fantastic. All the food was fresh and tasted great. The tour guide was knowledgeable and spoke clearly. The staff waited on you hand and foot. Lots of room to move about on the boat and as you come to the end of the ride, the dancing was so much fun. I will do this one again.
We had a great time!!!
|Msarnicola||Wed, Jul 22 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
It was a lot of fun! We saw a whale, Dolphins, ate drank and danced. So much fun!
A Beautiful and fun cruise
|ARonsko||Tue, Jul 21 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our second time on this cruise. This time we brought the kids. The highlights were the dolphin sightings and the views of Cape May. We had fun dancing and doing YMCA past the Boat House. Cruise was great. Food not so much.
We will recommend this dinner cruise to everyone.
|mflower03||Tue, Jul 21 6:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The food was good...the service was wonderful..thank you Victoria! It was a wonderful way to end an already wonderful day.
Fun To Do
|Kfoucher||Mon, Jul 20 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
A fun and relaxing evening out on the beautiful water.
|LConstant||Mon, Jul 20 6:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The food was decent but I arrived very early. I was assigned a seat instead of just letting us sit where we wanted. My boyfriend and I were there and hour early to choose the place we wanted to sit but ended up the last people to get in line for food. The lady in front of me had already gone through the line and I was behind her while she went through the line again. Totally unfair. Our waitress told us beer was $6 she did not tell us that there were different prices for the beer and she did not tell us all the brands available. The Captain was very good and the ride was wonderful. My only problem was the way we were seated and the waitress who charged me more for the beer than was quoted. Get rid of the reserved seating and let us choose where we want to sit. As a matter of fact it wasn't full and I sat inside to eat then went upstairs to table 40 which was assigned to me. The reservation was under Richard although I made the reservation.
everyone had a really good time.
|catherinems||Sat, Jul 18 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Group of Friends|
we were on the upper deck, which was great, but our table was the last to be called to the buffet and some of the bowls were emptied ... that is my only issue, there was not enough food. The servers tried to get some food from downstairs but all gone !!! the servers were really good and patient with everyone and the Cpt Chris was great.... and yes, I am already booked again for Aug 20th !!!
See YOU soon
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, advanced tickets are required for this trip. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Dolphin sightings are not guaranteed on our buffet dinner cruise. We usually see dolphins, but the trip is designed to be a fun, lively, music filled sunset dinner experience on the water.
- Is this trip appropriate for children 6 years old and younger?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 and under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Tell me more about the Atlantic Star.
- The 100 foot Atlantic Star holds up to 170 passengers and features state of the art technology, a large sun deck with seating on the upper deck, and amenities such as an enclosed cabin and separate restrooms for ladies and gentlemen.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- No, coolers and personal food or beverage items are not permitted on the Atlantic Star. In addition to the complimentary buffet dinner, we do have a full galley with snacks, soda, bottled water, beer, wine and cocktails on board, so bring extra money with you! The galley is cash only.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Wildwood from Cape May?
- Wildwood is a 15-20 minute drive from Cape May. When coming from Cape May, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz located at the dock.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley and bar on board, and a complimentary dinner buffet is included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley (cash only). We do not allow personal alcohol of any kind on the boat, but beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- This trip includes a complimentary dinner buffet and has a full cash bar on board for your convenience, selling beer, wine or cocktails.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are there group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will get an automatic discount of $5 per ticket. Just click to purchase tickets and receive your automatic price reduction!
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($15) ticket.
The Starlight Fleet has been offering South Jersey extraordinary dolphin and whale watching as well as the Sunset Buffet Dinner Cruise for 27 years. You can experience those tours on our 100 foot, air conditioned Atlantic Star!