Join KC Barbecue Tours on this guided bus tour as we travel through the city sampling barbecue from well known barbecue establishments and "hidden gem" barbecue joints.
On our 4-hour food tour we will visit 4 different barbecue restaurants. From brisket to burnt ends, every guest will enjoy a portion of each restaurants best smoked meats and side dishes.
Not only will every guest have the opportunity to taste some of the world's best barbecue, but they will also be given a behind-the-scenes look at how barbecue is prepped, smoked and served.
What's Included in the price?
- All tastings - Each restauarant will offer a meat and side dish to every guest.
- Transportation - We will provide transportation from restaurant to restaurant.
- Gratuities - We will be responsible for all restaurant gratuities.
What Is Not Included?
- Beverages other than water - you are welcome to purchase anything you prefer to drink other than water.
- Tour guide tips - we work to the bones so you can enjoy the meat on the bones. A little tip is always nice.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Best tour in KC
|joeyrsander||Fri, Jun 26 11:15 AM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Easily the best tour offered in Kansas City. Btw sample of the food is an understatement. Come hungry!!!
Fun Tour, Better love BBQ
|jlposton||Sat, Jun 20 12:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This is a fun tour spread over a generous amount of time. Plenty of food offered. Great time
|carlvandeloo||Sat, Jun 20 12:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I liked the tour but the bus was way to hot.
|Tessaeckhoff||Sat, Jun 20 11:15 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Your was great, lots of kc info as well as BBQ info!
fun and filling!
|JillHartman||Sat, Jun 20 11:15 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This was so much more than I anticipated. We learned so much about the history of bbq in the area and even more history of Kansas city. Our guide and driver were fantastic. Next time we are in the area we know for sure the bbq places to go! Thanks for a great day.
Fun and filling!
|mark6817||Fri, Jun 19 11:15 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great way to spend a hot summer afternoon, visiting 4 BBQ joints in KC, great food in more than adequate servings, and getting a fun tour of the city between gnawing on ribs!
the experience was more than I expected.
|bab054||Sat, Jun 6 11:15 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
Fun, educational and relaxing
Great experience enhanced by a wonderful hostess
|Jfitz33||Sat, Jun 6 11:15 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Came with no knowledge of BBQ history in Kansas City but left with a well rounded understanding of those that contributed the most to where things are today. Loved the places we went. The time was adequate at every stop, where we did not feel rushed and yet things kept moving at a good pace so we did not feel like things dragged either. They allowed for some history discussion on the bus but did not talk the whole time to allow family discussion and talk which I appreciated. Very polished tour.
Good Intro to Kansas Barbecue.
|jrsalvati||Sat, Jun 6 11:15 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Nice small group on tour. Good driver and guide. Interesting way to gain a sense of the KC barbecue scene.
|Rhynalds||Sat, May 30 11:15 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We enjoyed the tour - we had great variety, tried some places I never would have, and had a fun guide
- Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
- Yes. Tours often fill up quickly, so it would be in your best interest to purchase tickets in advance to guarantee your desired tour date. You can buy tickets through Zerve with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- What if it rains?
- You're in luck! Our tours will run rain or shine. We'll be indoors, on the bus or in restaurant tasting locations, during most of the tour, so rain should not be an issue. However, if rain is expected in the forecast, please bring an umbrella.
- Is this tour family friendly? Can I bring my child?
- Of course! KC Barbecue Tours is family owned and definitely family friendly. Please keep in mind, all tour attendees must have a full-priced ticket, regardless of age, because they will be taking up a seat on the bus.
- Can I bring an infant on the tour?
- If a child is age 3 or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. Storage for strollers will be available on the bus. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a full price ticket.
- How much food is provided on the tour?
- Each restaurant will provide a generous sample of their best barbecue meat and side dish. Most guests will leave full.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a tour is sold out, please check our calendar for availability of other dates
- How many barbecue restaurants will we visit?
- While we are partnered with various restaurants, each tour will visit 4 barbecue restaurants.
- Will I know in advance which restaurants we will be visiting?
- While the barbecue restaurants we’ll be visiting is determined in advance, what would be the fun in knowing all the barbecue secrets ahead of time. We will be visiting 4 restaurants that range from well-known establishments to hidden gems. Please note that restaurants are subject to change from time to time.
- What if I'm a vegetarian/vegan?
- Please keep in mind that our barbecue tour is geared for people who love BBQ dishes and most of our tastings will contain a meat ingredient. We will try our best to accommodate with alternative side dishes, however, there will be limited vegetarian/vegan options to choose from and we will need to know ahead of time. If you would still like to purchase a ticket, please email us by clicking on "Contact KCBBQTours" to the left of the page with details about your restrictions and the date you were interested in attending the tour.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
- If you have dietary restrictions or a food allergy, we ask that you please notify us when purchasing your tickets. We want everyone to be able to enjoy this tour and are willing to work with each customer. Please understand though that this tour does involve the option to sample meat and various side dishes. We are not in control of how food is prepared and cooked at each restaurant, but are willing to help find options for any guest with dietary restrictions.
- Are drinks provided?
- Water will be provided at each restaurant. You are free to purchase other beverages at any restaurant, if you prefer.
- What do I need to bring?
- We recommend bringing your appetite and a camera to catch a few memories! You are also more than welcome to bring your own bottle of water for the ride and extra money should you wish to purchase a beverage (other than water) or any merchandise.
- I'm from Kansas City, does this tour have anything to offer me?
- Definitely, you'll be able to learn more about the local establishments, the food you are eating, meet tourists and locals and eat delicious food!
- How long is the tour?
- The tour will be approximately 3.5-4 hours depending on the size of the group.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at select food-tasting locations.
- How big is a tour group?
- Each tour can accommodate a maximum of 16 guests.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, we are currently not wheelchair accessible. However, we are more than happy to assist any person aboard the bus.
- Does the tour begin and end at the same location?
- Yes, the bus will drop you back off at the meeting location.
- What should I wear?
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes for getting on and off the bus.
- Is there parking available near the meeting location?
- Yes, there is a parking lot located next to our meeting location. Exact meeting location and parking details will be provided immediately upon purchase of your tickets.
- Are pets allowed on the tour?
- We love pets, unfortunately, due to the various food establishments we visit, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for purchase?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this tour, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Of course! To discuss private tour details, click "Contact KCBBQTours" to the left of the page to send Kansas City Barbecue Tours an email. Please include the date preferred and number of people your party. A member of our staff will respond with payment information and further instructions.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Tour Waiver
- I have read and agree to KC Barbecue Tours tour waiver located on the KC Barbecue Tours webpage.
- Beverage and Alcohol Policy
- I understand that KC Barbecue Tours does not provide any beverages other than water. If a tour attendee chooses to purchase and/or consume alcohol, KC Barbecue Tours is not responsible for any of the following before, during or after the tour takes place; over-consumption of alcoholic beverages, tour attendee's decision to drive under the influence of alcohol, medical emergency related to alcohol consumption, damage to tour attendee's property. KC Barbecue Tours urges all tour attendees to consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
KC Barbecue Tours
KC Barbecue Tours simply began with married couple, Karl and Bethanie Schemel’s, years of love for Kansas City barbecue. Born and raised in Chicago, where he worked on his father's boat guided tour business, Karl moved to Kansas City in 1998 to attend college. That was when his taste for barbecue began. Raised in Wichita, KS and with family ties to Kansas City, Bethanie has been enjoying Kansas City barbecue since she was very young.
After years of sampling the various Kansas City barbecue options the couple realized that their pasts could unite to provide a bus guided food tour of the best barbecue in the world. Karl and Bethanie’s hope is that each guest will leave the tour with the same love and appreciation for Kansas City barbecue that they have.