Join KC Barbecue Tours on this guided bus tour as we travel through the city sampling barbecue from well known barbecue establishments and "hidden gem" barbecue joints.
On our 4-hour food tour we will visit 4 different barbecue restaurants. From brisket to burnt ends, every guest will enjoy a portion of each restaurants best smoked meats and side dishes.
Not only will every guest have the opportunity to taste some of the world's best barbecue, but they will also be given a behind-the-scenes look at how barbecue is prepped, smoked and served.
What's Included in the price?
- All tastings - Each restauarant will offer a meat and side dish to every guest.
- Transportation - We will provide transportation from restaurant to restaurant.
- Gratuities - We will be responsible for all restaurant gratuities.
What Is Not Included?
- Beverages other than water - you are welcome to purchase anything you prefer to drink other than water.
- Tour guide tips - we work to the bones so you can enjoy the meat on the bones. A little tip is always nice.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|maxdory||Sat, Feb 21 11:15 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Not only was this a BBQ tour of some great restaurants it was a history lesson. I would recommend this to everyone.
Very good tour and we had a blast
|kyliet29||Sat, Feb 21 11:15 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The tour guides were wonderful and very informative. It was a great combination of background information and fun facts. I would recommend and also go on another tour
Such A Great Experience
|ceichlin||Sat, Feb 14 11:15 AM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My wife and I flew into KC on Valentine's Day morning and took a cab to the meeting location for the tour. Not really sure what to expect, we both eagerly loaded onto the bus. We were treated to a fantastic tour of Kansas City, both historically, and of some amazimg BBQ. I'm a bigger guy and was a little worried about portions, needless to say when we flew home that night I was more than content! Four hours went by so fast, and we enjoyed three BBQ joints that were on a must visit list we discovered before the trip, and the fourth was just sauce on the ribs (icing on the cake doesn't really fit here). We had enough time to go and visit Boulevard Brewery on our own after the tour, and still had time to take a cab back to the airport to catch our flight back to Colorado. What says Valentine's Day better than some meat!
|mjreker||Sat, Feb 14 11:15 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great BBQ and tour guide
|LILREDONE212||Sat, Feb 14 11:15 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I bought tour tickets as a gift to my husband for Valentine's Day and he loved it! We knew we would be visiting 4 restaurants but the bottling company was an added bonus! We left the tour stuffed, with left overs, and with a few unique sauces. Highly recommend the original tour and we might come back for an evening tour. Great time, wonderful people, and delicious BBQ!
Great history and sampling for barbecue lovers!
|davidpotter||Sat, Feb 14 11:15 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
A great activity to learn about the barbecue history and culture in KC. And the samplings were very generous and diverse.
Great way to taste it all
|mavric1||Sat, Feb 7 11:15 AM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Good tour, history and food. Not just small samples, you get small meal at each place. Worth it, we had a good time and it's something a bit different. Would recomend and do again.
What a great afternoon
|Tkleinhessel||Sat, Feb 7 11:15 AM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Very well planned enjoyed each of the stops and love the history as we traveled.
The food was awsome. We enjoyed every minute of it.
|clasack||Sat, Feb 7 11:15 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
Overall, just a great experience. Really enjoyed the tour, and the food was fabulous! Great way to learn the KC BBQ history, as well as some of he downtown sites. :)
Great tour! I'd highly recommend to anyone!
|emilybowers||Sat, Feb 7 11:15 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
Great guides. Great food. Will definitely be taking one of the other tours offered in the future!
- Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
- Yes. Tours often fill up quickly, so it would be in your best interest to purchase tickets in advance to guarantee your desired tour date. You can buy tickets through Zerve with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- What if it rains?
- You're in luck! Our tours will run rain or shine. We'll be indoors, on the bus or in restaurant tasting locations, during most of the tour, so rain should not be an issue. However, if rain is expected in the forecast, please bring an umbrella.
- Is this tour family friendly? Can I bring my child?
- Of course! KC Barbecue Tours is family owned and definitely family friendly. Please keep in mind, all tour attendees must have a full-priced ticket, regardless of age, because they will be taking up a seat on the bus.
- Can I bring an infant on the tour?
- If a child is age 3 or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. Storage for strollers will be available on the bus. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a full price ticket.
- How much food is provided on the tour?
- Each restaurant will provide a generous sample of their best barbecue meat and side dish. Most guests will leave full.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a tour is sold out, please check our calendar for availability of other dates
- How many barbecue restaurants will we visit?
- While we are partnered with various restaurants, each tour will visit 4 barbecue restaurants.
- Will I know in advance which restaurants we will be visiting?
- While the barbecue restaurants we’ll be visiting is determined in advance, what would be the fun in knowing all the barbecue secrets ahead of time. We will be visiting 4 restaurants that range from well-known establishments to hidden gems. Please note that restaurants are subject to change from time to time.
- What if I'm a vegetarian/vegan?
- Please keep in mind that our barbecue tour is geared for people who love BBQ dishes and most of our tastings will contain a meat ingredient. We will try our best to accommodate with alternative side dishes, however, there will be limited vegetarian/vegan options to choose from and we will need to know ahead of time. If you would still like to purchase a ticket, please email us by clicking on "Contact KCBBQTours" to the left of the page with details about your restrictions and the date you were interested in attending the tour.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
- If you have dietary restrictions or a food allergy, we ask that you please notify us when purchasing your tickets. We want everyone to be able to enjoy this tour and are willing to work with each customer. Please understand though that this tour does involve the option to sample meat and various side dishes. We are not in control of how food is prepared and cooked at each restaurant, but are willing to help find options for any guest with dietary restrictions.
- Are drinks provided?
- Water will be provided at each restaurant. You are free to purchase other beverages at any restaurant, if you prefer.
- What do I need to bring?
- We recommend bringing your appetite and a camera to catch a few memories! You are also more than welcome to bring your own bottle of water for the ride and extra money should you wish to purchase a beverage (other than water) or any merchandise.
- I'm from Kansas City, does this tour have anything to offer me?
- Definitely, you'll be able to learn more about the local establishments, the food you are eating, meet tourists and locals and eat delicious food!
- How long is the tour?
- The tour will be approximately 3.5-4 hours depending on the size of the group.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at select food-tasting locations.
- How big is a tour group?
- Each tour can accommodate a maximum of 16 guests.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, we are currently not wheelchair accessible. However, we are more than happy to assist any person aboard the bus.
- Does the tour begin and end at the same location?
- Yes, the bus will drop you back off at the meeting location.
- What should I wear?
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes for getting on and off the bus.
- Is there parking available near the meeting location?
- Yes, there is a parking lot located next to our meeting location. Exact meeting location and parking details will be provided immediately upon purchase of your tickets.
- Are pets allowed on the tour?
- We love pets, unfortunately, due to the various food establishments we visit, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for purchase?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this tour, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Of course! To discuss private tour details, click "Contact KCBBQTours" to the left of the page to send Kansas City Barbecue Tours an email. Please include the date preferred and number of people your party. A member of our staff will respond with payment information and further instructions.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Tour Waiver
- I have read and agree to KC Barbecue Tours tour waiver located on the KC Barbecue Tours webpage.
- Beverage and Alcohol Policy
- I understand that KC Barbecue Tours does not provide any beverages other than water. If a tour attendee chooses to purchase and/or consume alcohol, KC Barbecue Tours is not responsible for any of the following before, during or after the tour takes place; over-consumption of alcoholic beverages, tour attendee's decision to drive under the influence of alcohol, medical emergency related to alcohol consumption, damage to tour attendee's property. KC Barbecue Tours urges all tour attendees to consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
KC Barbecue Tours
KC Barbecue Tours simply began with married couple, Karl and Bethanie Schemel’s, years of love for Kansas City barbecue. Born and raised in Chicago, where he worked on his father's boat guided tour business, Karl moved to Kansas City in 1998 to attend college. That was when his taste for barbecue began. Raised in Wichita, KS and with family ties to Kansas City, Bethanie has been enjoying Kansas City barbecue since she was very young.
After years of sampling the various Kansas City barbecue options the couple realized that their pasts could unite to provide a bus guided food tour of the best barbecue in the world. Karl and Bethanie’s hope is that each guest will leave the tour with the same love and appreciation for Kansas City barbecue that they have.