Join KC Barbecue Tours on this guided bus tour as we travel through the city sampling barbecue from well known barbecue establishments and "hidden gem" barbecue joints.
On our 4-hour food tour we will visit 4 different barbecue restaurants. From brisket to burnt ends, every guest will enjoy a portion of each restaurants best smoked meats and side dishes.
Not only will every guest have the opportunity to taste some of the world's best barbecue, but they will also be given a behind-the-scenes look at how barbecue is prepped, smoked and served.
What's Included in the price?
- All tastings - Each restauarant will offer a meat and side dish to every guest.
- Transportation - We will provide transportation from restaurant to restaurant.
- Gratuities - We will be responsible for all restaurant gratuities.
What Is Not Included?
- Beverages other than water - you are welcome to purchase anything you prefer to drink other than water.
- Tour guide tips - we work to the bones so you can enjoy the meat on the bones. A little tip is always nice.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great Day of Barbeque
|Pneude||Sat, Aug 29 11:15 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We decided to go to Kansas City on a whim because we like bbq. We printed out some information from the internet and got in the car on a Friday afternoon. We got to KC around 7:30 pm, checked into our hotel and got a good night sleep so we could have a full day of bbq. Didn't know where to go or what to do but surfed the net and found this tour at 10:30 am and it left at 11:15 am. We paid on zerve, hopped in the car and got there 10 mins before the tour left. It was awesome!!! Our driver and guide were knowlegable and super friendly and they took us everywhere we would've wanted to go without knowing and we got a great sampling of everything to boot. It was a great day for us and we would highly recommend it
Good time with a couple of ideas
|brk1545||Sat, Aug 22 11:15 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
We really enjoyed each restaurant, as well as the historical information provided during the bus ride. However, the stop at Original Juan's was not part of the advertisement, was boring, and made the tour longer than necessary.
Great experience, even for locals!
|mizzouwxman||Sat, Aug 22 11:15 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
My wife suggested this as a belated anniversary date. Even though we were locals who had been to 3 of the 4 restaurants on the tour, we had a tremendous time thanks to Bethany and her wealth of knowledge about each of the locations and the history of Kansas City barbecue in general. If you are looking for a relaxing day of food, food, food and fun (and more food), be sure to check this out. You won't regret it for a second!
Bring a measuring tape
|sdpd4606||Sat, Aug 22 11:15 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
This is a great tour. You meet at your first eating spot. A bus will take you around Kansas City for your remaining 3 food stops. Each restaurant gives you a different type of BBQ. There will be different BBQ sauces and side dishes. All of the places are ranked. You will also do a little sightseeing of KC. In the end, your stomach/waist size will have expanded at least 3 inches. Bring a measuring tape.
|cphoffman||Sat, Aug 22 11:15 AM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Our tour guide was very informative and helpful in answering questions. Very knowledgeable about Kansas City. The bus was very comfortable and excellent driver.
Great staff to show you through KC BBQ
|Bjslothy2||Sat, Aug 15 11:15 AM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Very knowledgable staff and a great all around experience, recommended
A great time and great food!
|krburson||Sat, Aug 8 11:15 AM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My boyfriend and I went on this tour while we were in KC for a Royals game. The food was awesome, make sure you bring a full appetite. Our bus driver and guide were very friendly and knowledgeable of the history of BBQ and KC. I would recommend this for anyone looking to kill an afternoon and who likes bbq.
Bbq baseball brew with the boys
|headley13||Sat, Aug 8 11:15 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This year our yearly baseball stadiums trip went to KC. We decided bbq tour was a no brainer. Every stop on the tour was fantastic. The tour guide and the driver made the experience even better. They were knowledgable about the bbq stops and local history and info. We all said it was the highlight of the trip. We all want to thank KC BBQ tour for a great time during our stay in KC
Fun and informative
|mheile1||Fri, Aug 7 11:15 AM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The historical information about kc and the BBQ culture in kc was fantastic. We enjoyed sampling the BBQ as well.
BEST TOUR EXPERIENCE EVER
|jacquerowden||Fri, Jul 31 11:15 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Perfectly organized, Bethany was a great guide, the food sampling was fantastic, every restaurant was ready for it (we skipped all the lines), absolutely well worth the cost (IT IS A BARGAIN). My husband and I usually avoid "tourist" experiences but hoo boy this was fantastic!
- Do tickets have to be purchased in advance?
- Yes. Tours often fill up quickly, so it would be in your best interest to purchase tickets in advance to guarantee your desired tour date. You can buy tickets through Zerve with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- What if it rains?
- You're in luck! Our tours will run rain or shine. We'll be indoors, on the bus or in restaurant tasting locations, during most of the tour, so rain should not be an issue. However, if rain is expected in the forecast, please bring an umbrella.
- Is this tour family friendly? Can I bring my child?
- Of course! KC Barbecue Tours is family owned and definitely family friendly. Please keep in mind, all tour attendees must have a full-priced ticket, regardless of age, because they will be taking up a seat on the bus.
- Can I bring an infant on the tour?
- If a child is age 3 or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. Storage for strollers will be available on the bus. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a full price ticket.
- How much food is provided on the tour?
- Each restaurant will provide a generous sample of their best barbecue meat and side dish. Most guests will leave full.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a tour is sold out, please check our calendar for availability of other dates
- How many barbecue restaurants will we visit?
- While we are partnered with various restaurants, each tour will visit 4 barbecue restaurants.
- Will I know in advance which restaurants we will be visiting?
- While the barbecue restaurants we’ll be visiting is determined in advance, what would be the fun in knowing all the barbecue secrets ahead of time. We will be visiting 4 restaurants that range from well-known establishments to hidden gems. Please note that restaurants are subject to change from time to time.
- What if I'm a vegetarian/vegan?
- Please keep in mind that our barbecue tour is geared for people who love BBQ dishes and most of our tastings will contain a meat ingredient. We will try our best to accommodate with alternative side dishes, however, there will be limited vegetarian/vegan options to choose from and we will need to know ahead of time. If you would still like to purchase a ticket, please email us by clicking on "Contact KCBBQTours" to the left of the page with details about your restrictions and the date you were interested in attending the tour.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
- If you have dietary restrictions or a food allergy, we ask that you please notify us when purchasing your tickets. We want everyone to be able to enjoy this tour and are willing to work with each customer. Please understand though that this tour does involve the option to sample meat and various side dishes. We are not in control of how food is prepared and cooked at each restaurant, but are willing to help find options for any guest with dietary restrictions.
- Are drinks provided?
- Water will be provided at each restaurant. You are free to purchase other beverages at any restaurant, if you prefer.
- What do I need to bring?
- We recommend bringing your appetite and a camera to catch a few memories! You are also more than welcome to bring your own bottle of water for the ride and extra money should you wish to purchase a beverage (other than water) or any merchandise.
- I'm from Kansas City, does this tour have anything to offer me?
- Definitely, you'll be able to learn more about the local establishments, the food you are eating, meet tourists and locals and eat delicious food!
- How long is the tour?
- The tour will be approximately 3.5-4 hours depending on the size of the group.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at select food-tasting locations.
- How big is a tour group?
- Each tour can accommodate a maximum of 16 guests.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, we are currently not wheelchair accessible. However, we are more than happy to assist any person aboard the bus.
- Does the tour begin and end at the same location?
- Yes, the bus will drop you back off at the meeting location.
- What should I wear?
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes for getting on and off the bus.
- Is there parking available near the meeting location?
- Yes, there is a parking lot located next to our meeting location. Exact meeting location and parking details will be provided immediately upon purchase of your tickets.
- Are pets allowed on the tour?
- We love pets, unfortunately, due to the various food establishments we visit, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for purchase?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this tour, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Of course! To discuss private tour details, click "Contact KCBBQTours" to the left of the page to send Kansas City Barbecue Tours an email. Please include the date preferred and number of people your party. A member of our staff will respond with payment information and further instructions.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Tour Waiver
- I have read and agree to KC Barbecue Tours tour waiver located on the KC Barbecue Tours webpage.
- Beverage and Alcohol Policy
- I understand that KC Barbecue Tours does not provide any beverages other than water. If a tour attendee chooses to purchase and/or consume alcohol, KC Barbecue Tours is not responsible for any of the following before, during or after the tour takes place; over-consumption of alcoholic beverages, tour attendee's decision to drive under the influence of alcohol, medical emergency related to alcohol consumption, damage to tour attendee's property. KC Barbecue Tours urges all tour attendees to consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
KC Barbecue Tours
KC Barbecue Tours simply began with married couple, Karl and Bethanie Schemel’s, years of love for Kansas City barbecue. Born and raised in Chicago, where he worked on his father's boat guided tour business, Karl moved to Kansas City in 1998 to attend college. That was when his taste for barbecue began. Raised in Wichita, KS and with family ties to Kansas City, Bethanie has been enjoying Kansas City barbecue since she was very young.
After years of sampling the various Kansas City barbecue options the couple realized that their pasts could unite to provide a bus guided food tour of the best barbecue in the world. Karl and Bethanie’s hope is that each guest will leave the tour with the same love and appreciation for Kansas City barbecue that they have.