We we will add a Springtime theme to the tour through the end of May. It's the most beautiful time of the year in Charleston!
These are some of Charleston’s most fascinating pubs—the ones that most visitors would never even know about on their own!
Come join us and :
- Listen to true tales of bootleggers, ghosts, revolutionaries, presidents, and pirates who caroused the very streets on which you are walking.
- Get your healthy dose of Charleston’s history from the historic taverns and former speakeasies, to the rooftop pubs and breweries overlooking the magnificent harbor.
- Indulge yourself in southern treats such as Sweet Tea Vodka, Irish Nachos, Mint Juleps and local craft brews!
So skip the long lines and crowded tours with inexperienced guides, and come take an unforgettable tour with us, create lifelong memories, and take your vacation to the next level--a true Charleston experience!
All tours are for adults ages 21 and up only with valid ID.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|rbboatright||Sat, May 21 7:00 PM||Male||30-39||Combination||Couple on a Date|
Our guide Brian was super engaged , funny , entertaining , and enthusiastic . Showed everyone a great time
Great way to tour Charleston
|wlsellers||Sat, May 21 4:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Had a group of six. It was a great way to get some history of the city, grab a few drinks and meet some new people. The tour includes appetizers. We had eaten a late lunch so didn't get to enjoy them as much as we would have liked. The ones we sampled were delicious though.
|Shelbe74||Fri, May 20 7:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The tour was great, loved the group and Noah was awesome!
|LindaRitter||Tue, May 17 7:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
When Brian introduced himself as an educator I was skeptical. But it was the best pub crawl, walking tour, with extras we've been on!
Fun tour of Charleston!
|Allison1018||Mon, May 16 7:00 PM||Female||20-29||Combination||Other|
I've done this tour twice now- it's a great way to learn more about Charleston. Provides some history and interesting stories of Charleston. Appetizers are included (usually 3-4 at the various bars), and usually one free shot at the beginning or end. Some bars can be loud, so may be difficult to hear sometimes, but overall had a great time and learned some interesting facts!
|shuta42||Mon, May 16 4:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My wife and I had scheduled a 4:00 tour. Unfortunately no one else had signed up. We were asked if we would rather go on 7:00 tour with more people instead. We were unable to go at 7 but was told we could still go at 4. It was like our own private tour! It was great! Our guide Bryan was excellent! Not only was he well informed about Charleston's history and charm but he recommended cocktails and beer that we would enjoy based on our likings. Had appetizers at each spot included in price. Delicious! Highly recommend tour!
The original pub tour of charleston
|shellyspeed||Sun, May 15 4:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
No one at designated place to meet us. I'm not sure the person who finally showed up was even an employee. Not at all what was advertised. Very disgusted with the whole thing. I went on a previous tour with your company in Chicago and it was great, but this was very unprofessional. But considering the town and drinking involved guess I shouldn't have expected much. Not worth the money I spent, that's for sure!!
Lesesne Tours & Events, LLC responded:
This is completely the fault of Lesesne Company. This tour guide will never do tours for us again. We always strive to provide the best tour experience for our patrons, and the several poor reviews in the first page are not reflective of our tours at large.
|Johanna25||Sat, May 14 7:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
My husband and I enjoyed the tour.
Great way to see Charleston!
|rdrnnr5k||Fri, May 13 7:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
A truly enjoyable tour, our guide was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Charleston and its history. Great stops at local bars with local brews and unique mixed drinks. Highly recommend this tour.
Knowledgable Guide -- Noisy Bar
|Maureen1000||Fri, May 13 7:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Our guide shared a wealth of historical knowledge of the area, which was very good, but one of the bars we went to was exceedingly noisy and had no place to sit. You'd think with a group of 16, they would have blocked tables for us.
- How much food is provided on the tour for guests and what kind of appetizers?
- We provide light appetizers for each person on the tour to sample. Usually appetizers are provided at 1 or 2 pubs, out of the 3 to 5 total pubs we visit. It is not enough to spoil dinner, so there is no need to change your dinner reservations, if scheduled for after the tour. You will still have room to eat after the tour. The food on the tour usually consists of your typical "bar" food, such as chips and salsa, wings, Irish nachos, etc., and varies with each tour depending upon the pubs visited. If given advance notice, we can accommodate vegetarians, some food allergies, and other food requests, so please let us know ahead of time if any of these applies to you.
- What are your tour times and where do they depart?
- Please check our Zerve calendar for a current schedule of our daily tours. Our tours depart from the City Market area in downtown historic Charleston. We do all tours by advance booking through Zerve, so please buy tickets online or call in advance to secure your spot on the tour. We can tailor tours and times for larger groups, so please contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link and we can assist you with your personal needs.
- Is it appropriate for children or those under 21?
- The Pub Tour is definitely not appropriate for children; only those who are 21 years old and older with a valid I.D. will be admitted into the establishments. Each of the pubs we visit has an age requirement to go inside.
- Where does the tour go and how long does it last?
- The Pub Tour is conducted throughout the heart of Charleston's Historic District. On average, we visit three to five historic pubs during the 2.5 hour tour; it depends on the timeliness of the group. We recommend you bring extra cash to avoid waiting on tabs to be closed out at each pub. If there’s a particular place you’d like to visit, please give any special requests upon making your reservation; we will do our best to accommodate the needs of everyone.
- What happens if it rains when my tour is scheduled?
- All tours operate as scheduled, rain or shine, so bring an umbrella or your rain gear with you if the forecast calls for rain. Our coastal weather systems vary quite a bit from those inland, even just a few miles away. Often times the precipitous clouds will dissipate when they hit the coast, resulting in very thin, patchy rain. The majority of the pub tour is conducted inside the pubs, but the total walking distance during the course of the tour is about 8 city blocks, so there is a small amount of time spent outside. The best thing to do is to come prepared just in case.
- Are tours for bachelor/bachelorette parties available?
- Yes! If you are interested in having a bachelor/bachelorette party on the tour, please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire further.
- Are private tours or group tours available?
- Yes! Private tours of any length and virtually any group size are available for the Pub Tour. We specialize in group pub tours for birthdays, celebrations, and bachelor/bachelorette type pub crawls. We can cater to any of your needs for all of those occasions. Please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- How much walking is there on the tour?
- We will walk a total of 8 city blocks, and the walking is not strenuous or uphill, although some of the sidewalk may be a bit uneven. We encourage our guests to watch their step during the tour in order to avoid tripping. We will sit down at all of the pub stops during the tour.
- How many pubs do we visit?
- On average, we visit 3-5 historic pubs during the 2.5 hour tour; it depends on the timeliness of the group.
- How much money should I bring?
- Drinks at the pubs we will be visiting range from $2 to $6. Microbrews and craft brews are generally $5 each, whereas sweet tea vodka is $6. We highly recommend bringing cash so you can pay for your drinks upon ordering -- this enables us to visit all the establishments we have planned to visit during our limited time!
- What if I have food allergies?
- We will most likely be eating a few of the following appetizers in light-medium sized portions -- Irish Nachos (fried potatoes with ranch dressing, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, and bacon bits), Fish and Chips (fried cod fish, french fries, and coleslaw), Chips and Salsa, or Vegetable Quesadillas. If you have food allergies, please let your guide know at the start of the tour so they can make appropriate arrangements.
- Is the tour route handicapped accessible?
- Generally, the tour is not handicap accessible. However, some of the locations we visit are wheelchair accessible whereas others may be more difficult. Please do contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about accessibility -- we may be able to alter the tour route to better accommodate you. But please contact us ahead of time to make sure this option is available.
- Do I tip the guide?
- Sure. Whatever you think is appropriate, just like with your favorite restaurant service staff; although, in this case, the staff is entertaining and enlightening the group for hours at a time!
- Will I get a confirmation number? How do I get my tickets?
- You will receive a confirmation number when you purchase tickets online or over the phone; please bring this number or your printed e-ticket with you when you arrive for your tour.
- Where do I park?
- Parking meters are numerous in the downtown area, though you may have to park a few blocks away to find one. They are free after 6:00pm and Sundays/Holidays. There are also several hourly parking garages and flat-rate parking lots in the immediate area. There is a parking garage located near the Rainbow Market building, on the corner of Church and Cumberland Streets; the entrance is on Cumberland Street right across from the Powder Magazine.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The ending point of the tour varies, but it is never more than a few blocks from our starting point. The tour guide is always happy to walk you back to the starting point if you would like.
- Are there discounts for groups?
- Yes, any groups of 10 or more people will automatically get $2 off per person.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! You can purchase them right here on Zerve! Just go to the Event Ticket page for your chosen activity and look right below the calendar of events, you will see a small gift box. You can order Gift Certificates right there and even send them via email.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All tour participants must be ages 21 and up.
- All tours are limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Please do not plan to drive if you are going to be drinking alcohol. We reserve the right to dismiss any person from the tour who does not act responsibly in any way while on the tour. Please, be safe and responsible! We want you to enjoy your time with us.
Lesesne Tours & Events, LLC
Featured in both the Wall Street Journal and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, our walking pub tours visit Charleston’s most intimate and historic pubs—hard-to-find hidden treasures scattered throughout the French Quarter, the oldest part of Charleston.
Our brewery bus tours visit three local breweries for tastings and behind-the-scenes glimpse at the beer brewing process and creativity coming from our area breweries today!
The owners, Becca and Daniel Lesesne, are Charleston natives who both specialized in History at the College of Charleston, are experienced guides and who share a great appreciation for history, historic preservation, world travel and hand crafted, micro-brewed beer. As experienced craft beer brewers, history buffs, and connoisseurs of good food and beer, the two have combined these interests to create this unforgettable adventure amidst the backdrop of such a charming city.
Ignite your senses and taste your way through the city on an incredible tour. Experience Charleston from a new angle, and let us teach you the philosophy of King Charles II--"Eat, drink, and be merry!"