New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art is a massive, venerable cultural institution. We realize that even the most seasoned art experts take longer than a few hours to digest all that lies within the Met's hallowed walls, and we don't claim to show you everything. What we offer is a fun, group-oriented tour experience certain to keep you entertained and teach you a bit along the way.
On a 2 hour Museum Hack tour, you should expect:
- Group participation
- Exciting history
- A fast pace
- Fun photos
- 100% Satisfaction
"I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your tour. It did what all great education does, it made me think differently. No longer is the MET, or any other museum, just a building that houses interesting things. Now it's a work unto itself and one that I plan on appreciating more often thanks to your introduction. Thank you for allowing me the absolute pleasure of joining you for a glimpse into the beauty of the MET."
- Scott of Scott's Pizza Tours
"Thanks a ton for last week's tour. I had a seriously fun time. People like you and projects like your art tour are what make me excited and happy to live in NYC."
- Dan Rollman, Co-Founder and CEO, RecordSetter World Records
For a fun, new look at the Met, take a tour with Museum Hack!
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Keinhorn||Sat, Feb 21 11:00 AM||Female||Under 20||Local||Group of Friends|
Harry brought great fun and information to our tour.
|Perweb||Sat, Feb 21 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Great tour. Creative. Engaging. Fun
Wanted more info
|Anneayalon||Fri, Feb 20 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Combination||Family Without Children|
Enjoyed our two guides, Katie and Lia -- personable.
Would have liked more info as we moved from room to room, also to have a better overview of the museum elements/rooms/periods. Was too short -- needed to be 3 hours, and cover more stories/subjects.
Met every expectation
|ThomasRoland||Thu, Feb 19 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Diana was fabulous and made the two hours fly by. We are Met lovers and this tour added a new dimension to our experiences ether.
A New Look at the MET
|MariannaAdam||Sun, Feb 15 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Three of the four of us in our group were familiar with the MET and worked in the art or art museum field. Still Diana rocked our socks off. We were impressed by how she was interested in our backgrounds and interested. From that she was able to customize the perfect experience for us. We all left with our full share of delight and content.
This was awesome!
|nucroxi||Sun, Feb 15 11:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Really great to have a friendly, knowledgable guide in the museum who knew where to direct your attention and how not to get lost!
Ethan was awesome
|Carlajaspers||Sat, Feb 14 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Had a very positive experience with Ethan as our guide. Enjoyed exposure to some 'off the beaten path' parts of the Met's collection. Enjoyed our guide's genuine enthusiasm & command of the information. Highly recommended!
Can make it what you want
|bghawkeye||Sat, Jan 31 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Enjoyed our tour of the Met with Harry. Tour very organized, small group and Harry made sure we shared a bit about ourselves and what we wanted out of tour. He wanted everyone to get their needs met and he accomplished. Took us all around the museum- (be prepared to walk fast) and showed us unique and interesting items with their back-stories which I think really adds to it.
I have two teenagers who were not with me but I think would have been engaged on this tour despite not being " into art". In one area of the museum we played a fast game of "Steal or Burn". You got 5 minutes to chose a work of art to steal or burn then show to group and tell them why you felt that way. Definitely made the tour more interactive with this and other activities.
|joseg333||Sat, Jan 31 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
Everything we hoped for and more. I recommend strongly to everyone. Tons of fun and Harry was an amazing guide.
|PaulSimon||Sat, Jan 17 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Great way to see some of the Met, picking out the highlights and stories behind the exhibits with insight and humour
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Are there any age limits? Can we bring our kids?
- We do not have an official age limit, and kids are welcome to attend. However, keep in mind that the tour's content is built to appeal generally to those ages 15 and older, so parents should use their own discretion when deciding whether or not to bring their children. There is no reduced rate for children.
- How much walking or standing will there be? Are there stairs?
- The Met is a 4-story structure and we will be on our feet for the majority of the 2-hour tour. Guests will have the opportunity to sit down at a few points on the tour, but we will be using the stairs.
- Is the Met wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the Met is wheelchair accessible. We have no issue whatsoever accommodating wheelchair users on our tours.
- Do you allow photography?
- Yes! We welcome our guests to take photos during the tour. Be mindful that the Met prohibits flash photography, however, so photographs must be taken without flash.
- Are refreshments available for purchase?
- Yes, drinks and snacks are available for purchase inside the Met at one of its various cafes. Keep in mind, however, that outside food is strictly prohibited within the museum but bottled water is OK.
- What should I wear?
- We recommend that you dress comfortably and wear shoes for walking as you will be on your feet for the majority of the tour.
- Can I bring a bag/backpack or store my luggage?
- The Met has very strict policies regarding bags and luggage. All backpacks and packages must be checked at the coat-check facility. Large, over sized backpacks, luggage, and carry-on bags can not be brought inside or checked at coat-check, so be sure to leave these at home! We recommend traveling lite to avoid waiting on lines at coat-check!
- Is parking available?
- Yes, there is a parking garage within the Met as well as a number of garages in the area. Keep in mind that daily parking rates do apply, and you should leave yourself extra time to arrive at the meeting location punctually after parking.
- Is admission to the Met included in the ticket price?
- Your ticket price includes tour admission and admission to the Met.
- What about bad weather?
- Museum Hack tours take place entirely within the Metropolitan Museum, so tours will take place rain or shine.
- When is the best time to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art?
- For our Un-highlights tours, we highly suggest the earliest option available (usually 10:15am). This is the time when the Museum is the least crowded and your guide can move you quickly through the space.
- Is the Met open all year round?
- While Museum Hack tours are not offered every day, the Met is open 7 days a week throughout the year. It does close on some holidays, including Thanksgiving Day and others. You can check out their hours here: http://www.metmuseum.org/visit/hours-and-admission.
- Is there a gift shop at the Met?
- Yes, the Met has gift shops scattered throughout its various floors and levels. While we will not have time to visit them during the tour, we absolutely encourage you to visit them afterwards. Your guide will be happy to direct you to one of the gift shops after the tour.
- Are pets allowed on the tour?
- No, other than certified service dogs, pets are not permitted.
- Do you sell tour gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Do you offer private or group tours?
- Yes, private group tours are available. Group tour hours and fees vary from our regular schedule. Please click on the "Contact MuseumHack" link to the left to schedule a private tour for your group.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour is seriously not advised for children under 12
- You should book a private family tour with us instead so we can better tailor the tour -- including no swearing or avoiding sexual content. While children are allowed to come along on this public tour, the content is geared towards adults and adult themes. Bringing a child is ultimately up to the discretion of the parents.
- We post cool pictures on Facebook!
- Your Museum Hack guide may photograph you and put the pictures on our Facebook, Twitter, or blog. If you do not want to be photographed, let us know and we are happy to keep the pictures private. By purchasing your ticket, you are releasing Museum Hack from any liability for photographing you in conjunction with the tour, and from using your likeness in all media for all purposes in perpetuity.
This is not your average art history lecture. Seamlessly woven into the experience are team building exercises that foster a creative and supportive environment, build a sense of togetherness, and help improve critical thinking and presentation skills...all within the hallowed walls of New York's greatest cultural institution.