Gliding along on a Segway Human Transporter allows you to explore our beautiful "Windy City" and capture unbelievable photographs of the City’s magnificent skyline.
Some sights along the way include:
- Field Museum
- Millennium Park
- Shedd Aquarium
- Adler Planetarium
- Museum Campus
- Buckingham Fountain
- The Lakefront Bike Path
- Daley Bicentennial Plaza
- The Rose Gardens of Grant Park
This one-of-a-kind adventure is available year-round and includes a 30-minute orientation and professional training from Segway Experience of Chicago certified staff.
As our pre-tour orientation begins right on time, please be sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great way to see the Lakeshore
|mblankenship||Mon, Jun 29 5:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
We've done this tour a couple times with out of town guests. It's a fun way to see a beautiful part of the city and learn a few things too. Our guide was great. Learning to Segway is very easy and is quickly mastered. We would highly recommend this as a fun activity for the family.
Great enthusiastic tour guides!
|akogut1||Sat, Jun 27 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Shane was one of tour guides. He was very enthusiastic and funny! We had an awesome segway experience in Chicago. Highly recommend!
A complete hoot!
|maddieparis||Fri, Jun 26 1:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Even on a cloudy and rainy day our tour guides(brothers!) were helpful, entertaining, and informative. The Segway is surprisingly user friendly and the Chicago parks are a must see even for us locals! I'm taking all my guests on this tour!!
Comedy on Wheels
|dondaniels||Fri, Jun 26 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
After a brief training lesson, Shane and Damien took us through Grant Park and streets of Chicago like Jake and Elwood would have from the Blues Brothers. The sarcasm and jokes kept us in stitches, at the same time learning relevant (and some irrelevant) facts of the monuments. These guys made the excitement of riding Segways even more enjoyable then it already is - which is a tough feat to top. Everyone in our group had a great time and can't wait to do it again, in large part to Shane and Damien keeping it fun. I'd HIGHLY recommend this to visitors of Chicago, and can only say I wish the experience could have been longer.
|joellen10||Wed, Jun 24 1:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
|zachzilligen||Fri, Jun 12 1:30 PM||Male||Under 20||Local||Couple on a Date|
Tour guide Casey was awesome, segways are a lot of fun.
Mom and two teenagers - all loved it.
|May051990||Tue, Jun 2 5:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our guide, Kristoff, was really great. Of course, told us how to manage our machine, but provided interesting facts along the way. The segways are a wonderful way to see a lot, fairly quickly. We had never been on a Segway. It's really fun. I would definitely recommend the Segway Experience Company and the tour guide, Kristoff. I would also recommend trying to go during a week day, or at a time when it may not be so crowded. You can move around easier.
Jonathan was Great!
|fredish||Tue, Jun 2 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
It was the best tour of the water ever. Part of the group stayed to hear all about the city. We were able to spend a little more time riding than listening. That made all the difference to us. We had a great time!
Not a "Good Walk Ruined"
|wmaslar||Sun, May 24 1:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Sorry for the Golf & Mark Twain reference, but I wanted you to read this review. Our experience was excellent. We had a mix of beginners and seasoned Segway riders. Everyone enjoyed the ride, the showmanship, humor and tour-guide elements of this activity. If you've never ridden a Segway, the gentle slopes of Chicago make for a great ride. The scenery by the Lake is not to be missed and this Segway tour is a great way to see it in a short amount of time so that you have even more time to enjoy the great food of the city.
|apontes5||Sat, May 23 1:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Great way to see Chicago for the first time. Staff was very friendly
- What is a Segway?
- The Segway® Human Transporter (HT) is the first of its kind—self-balancing personal transportation designed to go anywhere you go. See all of Chicago's parks, streets, and attractions while enjoying a ride like nothing you've ever experienced. Try one today and you too will discover the Segway smile!
- Is it hard to ride a Segway? What if I've never ridden a Segway before?
- The Segway HT requires no special skills (it takes care of the balancing-on-two-wheels part) and virtually anyone can use one. In addition to the ingenious technology, all of our tours include a thorough safety and gliding training course given by one of our certified Segway instructors prior to departure.
- How old must I be to take a Segway tour?
- All gliders must be at least 12 years of age to participate in the tour. Gliders 12 years to 15 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver and participate in the tour with them. Gliders 16-17 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver, but their parent's participation in the tour is optional. Gliders 18 years and above do not need parental consent to participate in the tour.
- What are the weight constraints to ride a Segway?
- All gliders must be above 100lbs and below 260lbs.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Unfortunately, children under the age of 12 are not allowed on the tour.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or MasterCard from this site or over the phone.
- What is the difference between your tours?
- The Park Glide, Chicago Architecture Foundation tour and Riverwalk tour will show you all of Chicago’s most famous landmarks and beautiful scenery. The Segway Experience of Chicago Park Glide Tour is more of an all-inclusive look at all the city has to offer. The Chicago Architecture Foundation Segway Tour, led by a CAF docent, focuses more on the unique architecture of the “Second City” and how it developed into the distinctive style known around the world today. The Riverwalk tour features the bridges and skyscrapers of Chicago.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain or shine (or snow!). We ask that you dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions, but we do have snow suits for our patrons to borrow for extreme cold, and rain ponchos for purchase in the case of rain.
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, restrooms are available at the meeting location. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make additional restroom stops during the tour, as our time is limited and we want you to visit as many Chicago landmarks as possible.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are allowed on the tour. We ask that you do not take photos while on the Segway; your guide will gladly take pictures of you and your group with your camera in front of the spectacular Chicago landmarks of your tour.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- We love pets! Unfortunately, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native Chicagoan?
- Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in Chicago and come to learn more about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live. It's a new and unique way to see the sites with which they may already be familiar, and it's also a treat for locals to bring their out-of-town guests to enjoy.
- Is there parking nearby the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there is parking located on Michigan Avenue and on Wabash Avenue. Validated parking is available on 17 E. Adams Street.
- Can I store my personal items on the Segway?
- We have the ability to transport necessary items like cameras and medications. However, we advise you to keep your personal items to a minimum as our storage capacity is VERY limited.
- Can I buy food or drinks along the way? What about souvenirs?
- Our tour is structured so that we can visit many Chicago landmarks in the allotted time. This leaves very little time for any other stops. We recommend you arrive full, as you can only bring necessary items on the Segway.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the tours are only conducted in English. However, our non-English speaking guests will still enjoy the experience of riding a Segway and seeing Chicago’s landmarks.
- Do you offer private/corporate/business events?
- Yes. Segway Experience of Chicago offers private events. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to the left of the page to inquire further.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What if these tour times do not work for me?
- Please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to see if we can accommodate other times.
- Can I rent a Segway through the Segway Experience of Chicago?
- Unfortunately we do not normally offer rentals to retail consumers. We will, however, consider corporate rental inquiries. If you are interested in such corporate rental opportunities, please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
- All participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour. Participants under 18 must have a parent or supervising adult present to sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided by Segway Experience of Chicago at no additional charge.
- Participants must meet age and weight requirements.
- All participants must be 12 years or older, and weigh more than 100lbs and less than 260lbs. Participants 12 to 15 years of age must have a parent or supervising adult sign the waiver and take the tour with them. Participants 16 or 17 years of age must have a supervising adult sign the waiver, but the adult's participation in the tour is optional.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway Experience of Chicago
We pride ourselves on providing safe, entertaining tours of Chicago on our state-of-the-art fleet of Segway Personal Transporters. All of our guides are certified and well versed in all aspects of cultural and historical Chicago.
Our tours have been featured in the Chicago Sun-Times, MS-NBC, ChicagoBusiness.com and Crain's "Top 10 Things to do this Weekend!". We also partner with the Chicago Architecture Foundation for weekend tours.