Gliding along on a Segway Human Transporter allows you to explore our beautiful "Windy City" and capture unbelievable photographs of the City’s magnificent skyline.
Some sights along the way include:
- Field Museum
- Millennium Park
- Shedd Aquarium
- Adler Planetarium
- Museum Campus
- Buckingham Fountain
- The Lakefront Bike Path
- Daley Bicentennial Plaza
- The Rose Gardens of Grant Park
This one-of-a-kind adventure is available year-round and includes a 30-minute orientation and professional training from Segway Experience of Chicago certified staff.
As our pre-tour orientation begins right on time, please be sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|karynreed||Thu, Apr 9 1:00 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Casey was a great guide, knows his segways ans his city of Chicago. He made it comfortable as well as fun
|shinrichs||Fri, Apr 3 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My 14 year old and I had a great time! Jonathan was a great tour guide! So easy to use and a great way to see the area with a short amount of time. I would highly recommend this to any age!!! Thanks Jonathan!
|LisiLao||Tue, Mar 31 1:00 PM||Female||20-29||Unspecified||Unspecified|
The guide is very professional and segway is the best option to explore the city. Don't miss it when you are here in Chicago!!!!
Great way to see Chicago!
|jfbyler3||Fri, Nov 7, 14 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Damian was friendly, knowledgable and funny. He was great on the tour and shared all sorts of details about Chicago and event gave us a great lunch recommendation! The Segways are so easy and a blast to ride!
I would recommend this to anyone!
|Madgemax||Fri, Nov 7, 14 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I were very apprehensive that we would not be able to balance well on the segways. Everyone in the small group of 6 had the same concerns. After watching the short mandatory safety video, filmed as a cartoon, I think that we were even more concerned. Within minutes of starting our training session, in beautiful Grant Park everyone was independent and testing their maneuverability. We piloted ourselves through the park (with some exceptional photo opts of Lake Michigan and the Chicago cityscape), through Museum row, around Soldier stadium (very cool), around the aquarium and along the lake front. By the time we had to contend with the crosswalk along Lakeshore, we were all self-proclaimed experts!
It was easy to catch-on and a great way to see a lot of the city in only 2 hours :O)
Damion, our tour guide was really funny and made the experience super informative and entertaining.
A must do in Chicago!
Super fun and infirmative
|debpio||Thu, Oct 23, 14 1:30 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Couple on a Date|
We did a 2 hour lakefront Segway tour with Jonathan as our guide. It was our first time on Segways and Jonathan trained us and we found them very easy to operate. We had a beautiful tour along the lakefront. Jonathan was very informative and personable. He knew the city and its history very well. We learned some new facts bat the city and enjoyed cruising around the landmarks of Chicago immensely. I'd rate the experience at 10+!
|Nancyharris1||Fri, Oct 17, 14 1:30 PM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We had a group of 5 women that went on the tour. This was the highlight of our trip to Chicago! Our guides were Damen & Christoph! They gave us a lot of information on the city and we had so much fun! Would definitely do it again!!!
|tboerio||Fri, Oct 17, 14 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Excellent guides. Great safety training. Lots of fun!!! Enjoyed the information - would have loved more about the sites!
Great tour guide, great tour!
|dgraton||Tue, Oct 7, 14 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Family Without Children|
|Noufyahya||Mon, Oct 6, 14 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
- What is a Segway?
- The Segway® Human Transporter (HT) is the first of its kind—self-balancing personal transportation designed to go anywhere you go. See all of Chicago's parks, streets, and attractions while enjoying a ride like nothing you've ever experienced. Try one today and you too will discover the Segway smile!
- Is it hard to ride a Segway? What if I've never ridden a Segway before?
- The Segway HT requires no special skills (it takes care of the balancing-on-two-wheels part) and virtually anyone can use one. In addition to the ingenious technology, all of our tours include a thorough safety and gliding training course given by one of our certified Segway instructors prior to departure.
- How old must I be to take a Segway tour?
- All gliders must be at least 12 years of age to participate in the tour. Gliders 12 years to 15 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver and participate in the tour with them. Gliders 16-17 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver, but their parent's participation in the tour is optional. Gliders 18 years and above do not need parental consent to participate in the tour.
- What are the weight constraints to ride a Segway?
- All gliders must be above 100lbs and below 260lbs.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Unfortunately, children under the age of 12 are not allowed on the tour.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or MasterCard from this site or over the phone.
- What is the difference between your tours?
- The Park Glide, Chicago Architecture Foundation tour and Riverwalk tour will show you all of Chicago’s most famous landmarks and beautiful scenery. The Segway Experience of Chicago Park Glide Tour is more of an all-inclusive look at all the city has to offer. The Chicago Architecture Foundation Segway Tour, led by a CAF docent, focuses more on the unique architecture of the “Second City” and how it developed into the distinctive style known around the world today. The Riverwalk tour features the bridges and skyscrapers of Chicago.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain or shine (or snow!). We ask that you dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions, but we do have snow suits for our patrons to borrow for extreme cold, and rain ponchos for purchase in the case of rain.
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, restrooms are available at the meeting location. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make additional restroom stops during the tour, as our time is limited and we want you to visit as many Chicago landmarks as possible.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are allowed on the tour. We ask that you do not take photos while on the Segway; your guide will gladly take pictures of you and your group with your camera in front of the spectacular Chicago landmarks of your tour.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- We love pets! Unfortunately, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native Chicagoan?
- Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in Chicago and come to learn more about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live. It's a new and unique way to see the sites with which they may already be familiar, and it's also a treat for locals to bring their out-of-town guests to enjoy.
- Is there parking nearby the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there is parking located on Michigan Avenue and on Wabash Avenue. Validated parking is available on 17 E. Adams Street.
- Can I store my personal items on the Segway?
- We have the ability to transport necessary items like cameras and medications. However, we advise you to keep your personal items to a minimum as our storage capacity is VERY limited.
- Can I buy food or drinks along the way? What about souvenirs?
- Our tour is structured so that we can visit many Chicago landmarks in the allotted time. This leaves very little time for any other stops. We recommend you arrive full, as you can only bring necessary items on the Segway.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the tours are only conducted in English. However, our non-English speaking guests will still enjoy the experience of riding a Segway and seeing Chicago’s landmarks.
- Do you offer private/corporate/business events?
- Yes. Segway Experience of Chicago offers private events. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to the left of the page to inquire further.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What if these tour times do not work for me?
- Please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to see if we can accommodate other times.
- Can I rent a Segway through the Segway Experience of Chicago?
- Unfortunately we do not normally offer rentals to retail consumers. We will, however, consider corporate rental inquiries. If you are interested in such corporate rental opportunities, please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
- All participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour. Participants under 18 must have a parent or supervising adult present to sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided by Segway Experience of Chicago at no additional charge.
- Participants must meet age and weight requirements.
- All participants must be 12 years or older, and weigh more than 100lbs and less than 260lbs. Participants 12 to 15 years of age must have a parent or supervising adult sign the waiver and take the tour with them. Participants 16 or 17 years of age must have a supervising adult sign the waiver, but the adult's participation in the tour is optional.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway Experience of Chicago
We pride ourselves on providing safe, entertaining tours of Chicago on our state-of-the-art fleet of Segway Personal Transporters. All of our guides are certified and well versed in all aspects of cultural and historical Chicago.
Our tours have been featured in the Chicago Sun-Times, MS-NBC, ChicagoBusiness.com and Crain's "Top 10 Things to do this Weekend!". We also partner with the Chicago Architecture Foundation for weekend tours.