This 2 hour walking tour allows you to enter the photo rich areas of lower Manhattan and expore some of the oldest parts of New York City. A few of the architectural and historical gems we'll see include:
- City Hall & City Hall Park
- Tweed Courthouse
- Woolworth Building
- Brooklyn Bridge
- South Street Seaport
We pass by the Staten Island ferry, Fraunces Tavern and the Battery, then head toward Ground Zero. Here, we’ll see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island out in the Harbor and the Freedom Tower rising from the ashes of Ground Zero.
Then we head north toward Chinatown. With more than 200 restaurants, markets and bakeries, it is the densest ethnic neighborhood in New York and the largest Chinese neighborhood outside of Beijing. This tour will even discover the Five Points part of Chinatown. (Did you see Gangs of New York? That's the area we'll explore.)
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as we do tend to sell out. Please book in advance to ensure you get the date and time you want. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, Mastercard and AMEX.
- What happens if it rains?
- Tours run rain or shine, and we generally only cancel for severe weather. If we do need to cancel a tour due to weather, you will be notified at least 12 hours beforehand.
- Can children attend? Is there a reduced price ticket?
- Yes, children are welcome to attend and all children under 10 are welcome to attend for free!
- Where will this tour begin?
- We will meet near Bowling Green. The exact meeting location details will be provided upon booking.
- Where will this tour end?
- We end on the border of Chinatown & Little Italy (Mott St & Canal St).
- How much walking is involved? What is the walking pace?
- We move at a slow to moderate pace. Most tours last about 2 to 3 hours depending on the group.
- Do we go inside any buildings?
- There are a few buildings that you will be able to go into and take breaks at or take pictures.
- What time should we arrive for the tour?
- We ask that guests arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to the tour start time as our tours leave right on time.
- What should I wear?
- Since this is a walking tour and we will be on our feet most of the time, be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. Also, make sure to dress for the day's weather conditions as the tour does run rain or shine.
- Can someone with a handicap or in a wheelchair go on the tour?
- Yes, this area of the city can be navigated by someone in a wheelchair. If there is anyone in your group that has a handicap, we can also provide pedicabs for an additional charge. To discuss your situation, please feel free to contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native New Yorker?
- Absolutely! We will talk about the exciting history and culture of New York City and locals often learn more about the city in which they live. In addition, our tour guides are excited to share their experiences, answer your questions and show you what they love about New York!
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Yes, there will be several bathrooms available along the way.
- Can I buy food or drinks along the way or bring my own?
- Feel free to buy food or drinks along the way or bring your own.
- Is there public transport or parking available nearby?
- Yes, both public transport and several parking options are available. Full details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- Can I bring my dog or pet on the tour?
- Yes, you are welcome to bring your pet on any of our tours!
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- Yes, feel free to smoke when we take breaks along the tour route.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Sure! If you're interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Absolutely! If you're interested in a private tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
NYC GoGreen Tours
No client should ever feel as though they did not get their money’s worth. In fact they should be made to feel that they received even more than what they'd hoped for. We want you to return home with a positive image of the rich history, people and pop culture that make NYC the most incredible city in the world.
REMEMBER: IT’S YOUR VACATION! IT’S YOUR MONEY! IT’S YOUR TOUR!