Currently, African-American culture still dominates this newly gentrified and sophisticated neighborhood. Celebrities have made deep impressions here, and our 3-hour walking tour will feature some of Harlem’s greatest sites, including:
- The Apollo Theater
- The Hotel Theresa
- The Studio Museum
The tour meets near Columbus Circle, but will include a subway ride to Harlem. Please note that the subway fare is not included and all guests must have a metrocard with at least $2.50.
What Is Not Included?
- Tips are not included in the price of your tour but are greatly appreciated for a job well done.
- Subway fare to Harlem is not included and all guests must have a metrocard with at least $2.50.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as we do tend to sell out. Please book in advance to ensure you get the date and time you want. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, Mastercard and AMEX.
- What happens if it rains?
- Tours run rain or shine, and we generally only cancel for severe weather. If we do need to cancel a tour due to weather, you will be notified at least 12 hours beforehand.
- Can children attend? Is there a reduced price ticket?
- Yes, children are welcome to attend and all children under 10 are welcome to attend for free!
- Where will the tour begin?
- The meeting point for the tour is near Columbus Circle, but guests will need to take a short subway ride with their guide to Harlem for the start of the tour. Note that the cost of the subway ride is NOT included in the price of the ticket and all guests should be sure to have a Metrocard with at least $2.50 per person on it. Or $5 for the round trip.
- Where will this tour end?
- This tour may end at one of two locations. It may end at 145th St. and St. Nicholas Ave. or at at St. John the Divine Cathedral located at 110th St. and Amsterdam Ave. Please be sure to ask your tour guide at the beginning of your tour where the tour will end.
- How much walking is involved? What is the walking pace?
- About a 3.5 mile walk at a three hour pace.
- Do we go inside any buildings?
- Yes, we usually stop at a few buildings for quick breaks and go inside the Baptist Church for the Gospel, as well as visit one of Harlem's famous soul food restaurants.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native New Yorker?
- Absolutely! We will talk about the exciting history and culture of New York City and locals often learn more about the city in which they live. In addition, our tour guides are excited to share their experiences, answer your questions and show you what they love about New York!
- What time should we arrive for the tour?
- We ask that guests arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to start time.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Yes, there will be several bathrooms available along the way.
- What should I wear?
- Make sure to dress for the day's weather conditions and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Can someone with a handicap or in a wheelchair go on the tour?
- Yes, and we can also provide pedicabs for an additional charge. To discuss your situation, please feel free to contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Can I buy food or drinks along the way or bring my own?
- Feel free to buy food or drinks along the way or bring your own.
- Is there public transport or parking available nearby?
- Yes, both public transport and several parking options are available. Specific details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- Can I bring my dog or pet on the tour?
- Yes, you are welcome to bring your pet on any of our tours!
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- Yes, smoking is allowed when we take our scheduled breaks.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Sure! If you're interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Absolutely! If you're interested in a private tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
NYC GoGreen Tours
No client should ever feel as though they did not get their money’s worth. In fact they should be made to feel that they received even more than what they'd hoped for. We want you to return home with a positive image of the rich history, people and pop culture that make NYC the most incredible city in the world.
REMEMBER: IT’S YOUR VACATION! IT’S YOUR MONEY! IT’S YOUR TOUR!