Who deserves to be called New York's oldest drinking establishment? We will let you decide for yourself on this 3.5 hour walking pub tour of 6 of New York City's oldest pubs, including:
- Fraunces Tavern
- The Ear Inn
- The White Horse Tavern
- Mc Sorley’s
- Pete’s Tavern and
- The Old Town
These bars are located in many of Manhattan's most famous neighborhoods, including TriBeCa, SoHo, Greenwich Village and Gramercy Park. You might also recognize filming locations from some of your favorite TV shows and movies along the way. Keep an eye out for famous New York landmarks like the Brooklyn Bridge, World Trade Center and Washington Square Park as well; they always make for great photo ops!
What Is Not Included?
- Drinks and food are not included in the price of the tour. Guests are encouraged to enjoy dinner or a bite to eat at Fraunces Tavern prior to the tour.
- Tips are also not included but are greatly appreciated for a job well done.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended as we do tend to sell out. Please book in advance to ensure you get the date and time you want. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, Mastercard and AMEX.
- What happens if it rains?
- Tours run rain or shine, and we generally only cancel for severe weather. If we do need to cancel a tour due to weather, you will be notified at least 12 hours beforehand.
- Can children attend? Is there a reduced price ticket?
- No, unfortunately this tour is only for those 21 and older. Many of the establishments we visit have legal age limits, so those under 21 cannot attend.
- What time should we arrive for the tour?
- We ask that guests arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to start time.
- What should I wear?
- Since this is a walking tour and we will be on our feet most of the time, be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. Also, make sure to dress for the day's weather conditions as the tour does run rain or shine.
- Which bars will we visit?
- We will visit Fraunces Tavern, The Ear Inn, The White Horse Tavern, McSorley's, Pete's Tavern and The Old Town.
- How much walking is involved? What is the walking pace?
- We will cover about 4 miles in total at a slow, leisurely pace.
- Where will this tour begin?
- We will meet near Fraunces Tavern, located in the Financial District. The exact meeting location will be provided at the time of your booking.
- Where will this tour end?
- This tour ends at Pete's Tavern on 16th St and Irving Place.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Yes, there will be several bathrooms available along the way.
- Are food and drinks included?
- Drinks are not included, but you are invited to purchase them as you please at each of our stops. Food is not included either, but there is an optional dinner available for purchase. The dinner precedes the tour and will run between 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- Can someone with a handicap or in a wheelchair go on the tour?
- No, unfortunately not all the establishments are wheelchair accessible, so we don't recommend this tour for those in wheelchairs. To discuss your situation, please feel free to contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Is there public transport or parking available nearby?
- Yes, both public transport and several parking options are available. Full details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- Can I bring my dog or pet on the tour?
- Unfortunately, dogs and other pets are not allowed on this tour.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- Yes, but smoking in NYC is only legal outside, so guests cannot smoke while inside any of the establishments.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Sure! If you're interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Absolutely! If you're interested in a private tour, please contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NYCGGTours" link on the left side of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All tour participants must be age 21 or older.
- This tour is limited to participants age 21 or older because of age restrictions at the pubs and bars we will be visiting. Please remember to bring a valid government-issued ID with you.
NYC GoGreen Tours
No client should ever feel as though they did not get their money’s worth. In fact they should be made to feel that they received even more than what they'd hoped for. We want you to return home with a positive image of the rich history, people and pop culture that make NYC the most incredible city in the world.
REMEMBER: IT’S YOUR VACATION! IT’S YOUR MONEY! IT’S YOUR TOUR!