Amidst the street cafes and the hoard of French bistros, you’ll feel like you’ve landed straight into the heart of Paris, as you visit upmarket stores including:
- This chocolatier has the largest selection of molds in the country and it will delect your senses with elegantly packaged chocolates, for every special occasion or just every day.
- One of the world's few chocolatiers that make chocolate from the cocoa bean. No shortcuts here.
- One of only two Belgian chocolatiers, and one of four in all of Europe , the title of chocolatier being bestowed solely upon those who select their beans, roast them and make their own basic ingredient, couverture.
- One of the most loved chocolatiers who has a playful approach to making chocolates.
- The best chocolate house in Paris, which specializes in elegant refined presentation and excellent taste since 1977.
The intake of all this exquisite chocolate is sure to give you a happiness-high like you have never experienced before!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|toftum||Sun, Nov 23, 14 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Combination||Group of Friends|
Very interesting for chocolate lovers, went into shops one normally would not enter.
I would have liked a bit more detail about the production of pralines.
Fun, informative and great chocolates to taste
|drewstillo||Sat, Nov 8, 14 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Had a great time hearing about the history of each chocolatiere visited along with sampling from each. Our tour guide was very knowlegeable, friendly and fun to hang with for the 2 hour tour.
Fun midtown tour
|aholcomb||Thu, Oct 2, 14 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Vincent was a terrific guide! My mother and I
Were able to see various parts of midtown ,
Get a fun history of the 5 chocolate shops...
And had tons of chocolate samples!!
Delicious Tour and Knowledgeable Guide
|cornned||Thu, Sep 25, 14 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We visited five of the best shops in NYC. The samples we had were absolutely wonderful. We enjoyed hearing about what made each shop special and purchased some chocolates to bring home with us. The only thing I'd do differently is I would save at least half the samples for later. By the middle of our tour the samples I'd already had tainted my ability to fully appreciate the rest of the samples. Still the tour was delicious and informative!
we had the best tour guide
|MAPEGUTH||Sat, Jun 14, 14 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Our tour guide made the tour very enjoyable. He's likely the reason we had so much fun.
|SarahAuclair||Thu, Jun 5, 14 12:00 PM||Female||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
If you like chocolate, and I do, this is the tour for you. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide made the tour outstanding. The fact that you can sample chocolates is nirvana. Would highly recommend. It is a refreshing change of pace from ordinary sightseeing tours.
|Pantazis||Fri, May 23, 14 12:00 PM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Having been instructed to meet at 12pm at the front if 5th Ave Chocolatier . . Our party of 6 proceed to wait for 60min . . with another couple from Brisbane Australia (on their Honeymoon) to not have our Guide show up for the tour.
During the hour of waiting . . we made numerous attempts to contact the Tour Group Guide on the number provided . . only to be greeted by a recorded message . . with no option to leave a message.
In turn we then contacted the ZERVE Office . . reported our situation . . advised to leave our contact . . and await instructions. No return call has since been made.
To date we have had no contact from either ZERVE or the Zoom Media Productions Tour Company.
Please advise the procedure to have this particular Tour Refunded.
In all we had booked 4 Tours with ZERVE . . and can report all the events attended where excellent.
I will not hesitate in using ZERVE in the future . . Just disappointed in lack of communication.
|jtrory||Sun, Mar 30, 14 12:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Took my girlfriend, we had a small group but thankfully the weather behaved. Tour guide was very nice, had great energy and seemed genuinely interested in chatting to all of us. Never felt forced or insincere. Balance of walking, talking and tasting was just right. Shops we went to were also very polite and engaging, made us feel welcome. Considering a box of 10 chocolates at some of these places will cost you $70 and you get to taste about 10 I'd say this tour is pretty good value. And your girlfriend will love it :)
A deliciously informative tour
|JennyDurham||Sun, Mar 16, 14 12:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Our tour guide was very personable and knowledgable on various aspects of chocolate. We were told about how chocolate was made as well interesting facts about the stores we visited. He took a special interest in each member of our tour group. He helped us make decisions about what chocolates to choose based on our personal preferences and the different specialties offered at each shop. He was not only passionate about chocolate but also New York City. He gave us "off the beaten path" tips about what else to do while visiting the city.
|FrankSoos||Sat, Mar 1, 14 12:00 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
Victor is a GREAT tour guide and is very in tune to all the history of the shops we went to. His knowledge of chocolate is AMAZING!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What is the maximum number of people on the tour?
- We have a maximum of 20 participants.
- Do you offer special prices for children?
- Because many of the shops we visit want to maintain a quiet ambiance for their clientèle, we ask you to refrain from bringing very young children. It is at your discretion whether you bring your child, however, we do not offer special child tickets.
- How much chocolate is served on the tour?
- All participants receive 2 samples of the finest chocolate at all locations. Many of our chocolatiers often provide surprise bonus tastings exclusive to New York Chocolate Tours.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergic to nuts etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know well enough in advance, we can sometimes accommodate your needs. Please keep in mind, however, that all of our tours consist entirely of chocolate tastings, so if you are lactose intolerant for example, there may not be any way for us to accommodate you.
- Are there kosher options on the tour?
- Unfortunately, we do not serve kosher chocolate on the tour.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour runs rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. But don't worry! Some of our best tours took place in less-than-perfect weather.
- How much walking is involved?
- You will be on your feet for about two hours. However, we walk at a very leisurely pace and most of the time is spent inside the chocolate shops.
- Are there any beverages served on the tour?
- We do not give you any beverages on the tour, but feel free to bring a bottle of water!
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Yes, bathrooms are available at a few of the locations that we visit. If you need to stop, please let the tour guide know and we will accommodate you as soon as possible.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The upmarket stores typically visited on this tour include 5th Avenue Chocolatiere, Michel Cluizel, Neuhaus Chocolates, Jacques Torres, and La Maison du Chocolat. The itinerary can change at any time without notice.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately wheelchairs are not recommended on our tours.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes! We offer private tours and we can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact NYChocoTours" link to inquire further about special groups rates.
- Can I purchase gift certificates?
- Yes! We offer gift vouchers. If you want to show your appreciation to your dedicated employees or surprise a dear friend on their birthday, our New York Chocolate Tour gift vouchers are the perfect choice. Please use the "Contact NYChocoTours" link to inquire further about it.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tours usually end at Rockefeller Center, but this may change without notice.
Zoom Media & Productions
Our exclusive contact with the best chocolatiers out there helped us design a tour that would stir your senses by combining a drop of fantasy, a dash of stylish adventure, and a spoon full of great taste. We are not trying to be Willy Wonka, but we would like to share with you a wonderful experience in the world of chocolate.