This three-and-a-half hour (approximate) guided bus tour twists and turns through the Sex and the City girls' stomping ground, visiting the restaurants where they wine and dine, the shops at the center of Carrie Bradshaw's shoe fetish, the bars they frequent, and much more! Live the chic life on an air-conditioned bus, hopping on and off to catch a glimpse into the lives of four of New York's most eligible bachelorettes.
Over 40 real-life locations are featured on the tour, including:
- Visit the site of Carrie and Big’s wedding rehearsal dinner
- Hop into the Pleasure Chest where Charlotte buys her “Rabbit”
- Scout the bar owned by Steve and Aidan
- Reminisce Miranda’s embarrassing underwear moment in the Village
- Venture into the trendy neighborhood, MePa, where the girls frequent
- Pass the café where Samantha invites the girls to Abu Dhabi
- Get some retail therapy like Carrie & Co. at Greenwich Village boutiques
- Indulge in cupcakes like when Carrie confides in Miranda about Aidan
For more information on special bachelorette and birthday packages, check the FAQ's.
* Alcohol is not included in the price of the tour, but is offered at a discount.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Ok but not as good as I was expecting.
|LindsayMW||Mon, Aug 31 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||Combination||Group of Friends|
You should have it on a open top bus instead.
|YvieKing||Sat, Aug 29 3:00 PM||Unspecified||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Gulianna was awesome. She made the tour. It was really cool comparing the actual locations with clips of the movie. I'm a New Yorker and I learned a lot. Would highly recommend!!!
Lou was awesome!!
|Braxmom1||Sat, Aug 29 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I organized a NYC Bachelorette Weekend for a friend. We are all fans of the show so the tour was a no brainer.our tour guide Lou was awesome!! She had a great personality, interacted with everyone on the tour and gave us lots of cool behind the scenes info. I would've definitely recommend and may even do the tour again with other friends when I'm back in NYC!
|KennaLee||Sat, Aug 29 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
What a great time!! Really great to see so many sites from the shows/films. Lou the guide was The Best!! She was super knowledgeable and had a great energy. I have been wanting to do this for years and it never worked out on previous trips. So glad to finally make it.
So sexy city!
|Brittanycope||Fri, Aug 28 3:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
If you really love sex and the city, you should definitely take this tour. The tour guide did a great job of making it interesting, she was soo funny and had a genuine knowledge for the show!!! I would recommend this tour to anyone who loved the show!
Great fun tour!
|Alfiejaq||Fri, Aug 28 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Warning! After visiting the "pleasure chest" don't try and go up the Empire State Building with your "purchases"
VERY embarrassing moment with security!!! lol
Great Tour... lots of fun.
|ShanWeir||Thu, Aug 27 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Stacy was a great host.
Lots of laughs and fun.
Best Day Ever!!
|Danielpeter3||Thu, Aug 27 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Stacey the tour guide is fab, think Audrey Hepburn but funny & even more beautiful! The whole day was amazing if you love the show or not, there's lots of tips. I've been to New York 5 times but I've been introduced to the west village and it beats Times Square tourist crazy area hands down! Do it do it do it!!
Literally best day/trip ever!!
|Smithy||Wed, Aug 26 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
Enjoyed getting an overview of NYC and learning about it. Guide Stacey was helpful, friendly and informative
|nhallow||Tue, Aug 25 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Loved every minute - totally recommend!
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limiited time availability.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The Sex and the City tours end at 42nd Street & 6th Ave.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the Sex and the City story by your tour guide.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour. There are usually 3-4 scheduled stops on each tour, including various bars, shops, and other locations - but tour routes may differ from tour to tour. You will be provided with a handout that lists many of the real-life locations on the tour so you can revisit them at your leisure afterwards.
- Should I tip the tour guide?
- Gratuities are not included in the price of the tour ticket. A tip for exemplary service is always appreciated, but never required.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- Children under 12 years old, including babies, are unfortunately not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. This is an "R-Rated" tour, based on the HBO series; adult language is used and adult situations discussed. Additionally, tour participants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age. Please also keep in mind that a couple of the stops on tour - a few bars and other establishments - do have their own age minimums, and it is up to the discretion of these establishments whom to allow in.
- What type of ticket should I buy?
- Everyone should purchase the adult ticket.
- Do you have any special packages for bachelorette or birthday parties?
- Yes, we have a variety of special packages to choose from! For more information about the private tour packages, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations all around Manhattan, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Will we see locations from the movie?
- There are a number of movie sites worked into the tour, but the focus remains on famous scenes and locations from the TV series.
- Is this also a good general New York City sightseeing tour?
- Yes. While the tour's focus is first and foremost on the show Sex and the City, the tour meanders through a variety of New York neighborhoods, and people often find it to be a great overview of the city. The tour usually visits neighborhoods such as SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, the Meatpacking District, 5th Avenue and more. So even though the tour does not visit such New York sightseeing regulars as the Empire State Building, etc., it is still a great way to tour Manhattan and get to understand the city and its layout.
- Can I bring some wine, beer, Cosmos, etc on the bus?
- No, it is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. We do usually stop at one of the bars for Cosmos though, so if you're interested in joining in, please make sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID.
- Is alcohol included in the tour?
- There will be a stop at a bar that was used in the show, where you can buy a Cosmopolitan at a discount. On Location Tours cannot include alcohol with the price of the tour, as the company does not have a liquor license.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- While we do offer a special German version of the tour on Saturdays at 3pm (please see Sex and the City Tour auf Deutsch on the calendar), the other scheduled SATC tours are only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries like Japan, Germany, France, Spain, and plenty of others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- A cupcake is provided on the tour. We will also stop at one of the bars used on the show where cosmos and other drinks will be available for purchase. If you would like any additional food or drinks, feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. Buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. We are committed to providing accessible tours to persons with disabilities and are able to provide accessible vehicles for passengers with mobility impairments. Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle at least 24 hours in advance is strongly recommended so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take luggage on the tour?
- The Sex and the City Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each, where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Children under 12 are not allowed on the Sex and the City tour.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Tour participants under the age of 17 must accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours, Inc. is among the world’s largest TV and movie tour companies with tours in New York City and Boston. The tours feature sites from the hottest and latest on the big and small screen. Founded in 1999, it is one of the East Coast’s most popular tourist attractions, serving TV & movie buffs from around world.
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Business Week, Entertainment Weekly, Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie