This three-and-a-half hour (approximate) guided bus tour twists and turns through the Sex and the City girls' stomping ground, visiting the restaurants where they wine and dine, the shops at the center of Carrie Bradshaw's shoe fetish, the bars they frequent, and much more! Live the chic life on an air-conditioned bus, hopping on and off to catch a glimpse into the lives of four of New York's most eligible bachelorettes.
Over 40 real-life locations are featured on the tour, including:
- Visit the site of Carrie and Big’s wedding rehearsal dinner
- Hop into the Pleasure Chest where Charlotte buys her “Rabbit”
- Scout the bar owned by Steve and Aidan
- Reminisce Miranda’s embarrassing underwear moment in the Village
- Venture into the trendy neighborhood, MePa, where the girls frequent
- Pass the café where Samantha invites the girls to Abu Dhabi
- Get some retail therapy like Carrie & Co. at Greenwich Village boutiques
- Indulge in cupcakes like when Carrie confides in Miranda about Aidan
For more information on special bachelorette and birthday packages, check the FAQ's.
* Alcohol is not included in the price of the tour, but is offered at a discount.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
The Best Birthday I Have Had in 24 Years
|lisabrown20||Wed, Apr 15 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
This was the best experience i have ever had and i didn't want to leave. It is a good eye opener to knowing the hot spots in the city. If you're lucky and have enough time in New York the tour is a great point, to go back to the hot spots and enjoy it to the max. I plan to go back and revisit many of these fabulous places.
Fun from cupcakes to Cosmos!
|EMFleming||Sat, Apr 11 3:00 PM||Female||60-69||Unspecified||Unspecified|
My friend along with my daughter and I enjoyed this tour! It really helped bring back the Sex in the City series back to life. The stops were informative & fun ! The 20% discount at the Michael Kors store didn't hurt either, since we were celebrating my daughters birthday and she used it to purchase a watch she had wanted for awhile! Our tour guide Lou was nice enough to bring cupcakes for everyone on the bus! Nice surprise. Thanks for an enjoyable afternoon ! It will be a birthday she will always remember ! I recommend this tour to any Sex in the City fan! Cheers!
Great if your an avid Sex and the City Fan!
|MissS100||Sat, Apr 11 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Other|
This tour is a definite must for a Sex in the City fan as you visit key landmarks from the show and also get to see parts of NYC that you might not have seen. I took my mum with me who is not an avid watcher of the show and some parts of it were missed on her and the trip to the sex shop at the start was a bit of a shock for her. I am glad I've done it but you definitely need to bear in mind if you have members of your group who are not fans then it might be lost on them!
All the bases covered
|sandylem25||Fri, Apr 10 11:00 AM||Female||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
All of us aged between 21 and 50's enjoyed this tour by guide Lou. We did get off to a late start with the bus being delayed by traffic for 45 minutes, but then we were on a roll. If you love Sex 'n the City, Lou has all of the info and hotspots for you, including a yummy cup cake and a quick visit to Carrie's stoop, as well as all the other locations mentioned in the series. Recommended!
absolutely worth it
|monicapozo||Fri, Apr 10 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Unspecified||Unspecified|
I had a great time. I will recommend it to my friends who go to NY and are fan of sex & the city.
Just to observations: I came at the meeting point at 10,45 as suggested. We waited for almost 45 minutes on a rainy and cold day for the bus to arrive, the girl under the blue umbrella gave us the explanation: the bus had had mechanical problems...I was frozen!
The guide was very kind and positive.
Although I speak english, I am a teacher of English (not as a native language), I missed some details of the guide descriptions. I suggest to take into the account that there might be some foreign people on the tour to whom could be hard to follow the normal speed of a new yorker while speaking.
Anyway, at the end I felt very satisfied to be part of this tour.
|Maddeture||Fri, Apr 10 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Had a really good guide called Lou!
My husband & I loved this tour!
|NicSmithy||Thu, Apr 9 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This tour is a must for any Sex & The City fan!! It's a great way to see some of the cool suburbs of NYC and of course, locations from the show!! The cosmopolitans in Steve & Aidan's bar were fab and we had lots of fun in the Pleasure Chest!! Lou, our tour guide, was really friendly, fun and happy to take photographs for us. Lou had lots of interesting facts and information about the show and NYC and after the tour we had a lovely italian meal in a restaurant Lou recommended! The tour was definitely a highlight of our holiday! We hope that when we return we can take the tour again this time to see the locations from the third film!!!
|ClaireHoust||Thu, Apr 9 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We were a group of 7 girls visiting NYC from Scotland for our 40th birthday celebration. From the very beginning our tour guide (lou) made us feel very special. She was great fun, very enthusiastic, and a real highlight of our fantastic trip. Everything we hoped he tour would be and more. Thank you!
Nice but short
|psipsicat||Wed, Apr 8 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
I would like it to be longer and visit more locations, plus I would like more time in the locations that we where out of the bus
BEST TOUR EVER!!
|Saralaura||Tue, Apr 7 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We had the best day ever. Tour guide was amazing!
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limiited time availability.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The Sex and the City tours end at 42nd Street & 6th Ave.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the Sex and the City story by your tour guide.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour. There are usually 3-4 scheduled stops on each tour, including various bars, shops, and other locations - but tour routes may differ from tour to tour. You will be provided with a handout that lists many of the real-life locations on the tour so you can revisit them at your leisure afterwards.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- Children under 12 years old, including babies, are unfortunately not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. This is an "R-Rated" tour, based on the HBO series; adult language is used and adult situations discussed. Additionally, tour participants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age. Please also keep in mind that a couple of the stops on tour - a few bars and other establishments - do have their own age minimums, and it is up to the discretion of these establishments whom to allow in.
- What type of ticket should I buy?
- Everyone should purchase the adult ticket.
- Do you have any special packages for bachelorette or birthday parties?
- Yes, we have a variety of special packages to choose from! For more information about the private tour packages, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations all around Manhattan, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Will we see locations from the movie?
- There are a number of movie sites worked into the tour, but the focus remains on famous scenes and locations from the TV series.
- Is this also a good general New York City sightseeing tour?
- Yes. While the tour's focus is first and foremost on the show Sex and the City, the tour meanders through a variety of New York neighborhoods, and people often find it to be a great overview of the city. The tour usually visits neighborhoods such as SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, the Meatpacking District, 5th Avenue and more. So even though the tour does not visit such New York sightseeing regulars as the Empire State Building, etc., it is still a great way to tour Manhattan and get to understand the city and its layout.
- Can I bring some wine, beer, Cosmos, etc on the bus?
- No, it is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. We do usually stop at one of the bars for Cosmos though, so if you're interested in joining in, please make sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID.
- Is alcohol included in the tour?
- There will be a stop at a bar that was used in the show, where you can buy a Cosmopolitan at a discount. On Location Tours cannot include alcohol with the price of the tour, as the company does not have a liquor license.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- While we do offer a special German version of the tour on Saturdays at 3pm (please see Sex and the City Tour auf Deutsch on the calendar), the other scheduled SATC tours are only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries like Japan, Germany, France, Spain, and plenty of others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- A cupcake is provided on the tour. We will also stop at one of the bars used on the show where cosmos and other drinks will be available for purchase. If you would like any additional food or drinks, feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. Buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. We are committed to providing accessible tours to persons with disabilities and are able to provide accessible vehicles for passengers with mobility impairments. Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle at least 24 hours in advance is strongly recommended so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take luggage on the tour?
- The Sex and the City Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each, where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Children under 12 are not allowed on the Sex and the City tour.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Tour participants under the age of 17 must accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours, Inc. is among the world’s largest TV and movie tour companies with tours in New York City and Boston. The tours feature sites from the hottest and latest on the big and small screen. Founded in 1999, it is one of the East Coast’s most popular tourist attractions, serving TV & movie buffs from around world.
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Business Week, Entertainment Weekly, Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie