This four hour, guided, narrated bus tour takes you through New Jersey's Sopranoland, leaving from the Garment District in Manhattan.
You'll learn Sopranos trivia, origins of the show, and production information along the way... not to 'fuhgid aboud' mafia speak and a stop at the restaurant in the final episode!
The tour features over 40 real-life locations from the show, including:
- Take a peek inside Bada Bing's
- See Father Phil's Parish
- Sit on the steps of the diner where Chris was shot
- Visit the spot where Big Pussy spoke with the FBI
- Go on location to the high school where A.J. dumped pizza boxes into the pool
- See Pizzaland, the Muffler Man, and other sites from the opening credits
- Sit at the booth where Tony sat and eat complimentary onion rings in the restaurant where the final scene of the series was filmed
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Excellent Tour for Soprano's Fans
|Shoppercaz||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This tour was really well done and interesting and we thought great value for $50 per head. Not only did we see a lot of the locations for the Sopranos we really enjoyed seeing New Jersey as well. At the start of the tour we met the actor who plays Vito who was really friendly and happy to take a photo, the bus itself was really comfortable and the tour was very well run. Marc who hosted it has acted on the show and had lots of interesting trivia about the show. He had a few competitions with questions and showed clips from the show as well. He broke up the trip by getting us on and off the bus to enjoy the locations. The highlight was going to Holstens and getting onions rings (included in the tour) and sitting in the famous booth of the final scene. One member of our group has never seen the show but still really enjoyed the tour (and is now planning on watching it).
Awesome tour with great stops!
|geoman1235||Sat, Jan 30 10:00 AM||Unspecified||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My wife and I really loved the Sopranos and this tour did not disappoint. Our tour guide, Marc, was fantastic and really made the tour wonderful. His insight made us feel we were getting the inside scoop! We especially enjoyed the final scene diner tour! It was an honor to sit where Tony did. We highly recommend this tour for the casual Sopranos fan as well as avid fans like us!
We saw everything and our guide knew it all.
|DerSigZerve1||Sat, Jan 9 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Our guide was Mark. He had played a part in the television series. He was great as was everyone, including the driver, Jacques. He kept up a continuing fact-filled conversation, showed us clips of locations we had seen and asked us many Sopranos trivia questions. Mark was funny and tactful when telling us the many regulations before going into the Bada Bing, probably the highlight of the tour.
We learned a lot and I'm thinking of watching the series for the third time, now. Meeting Vito before the tour was great, too. I told him how I forgot my camera so he asked another touree to take my picture of me with Vito. I got the picture in the email that evening. I spent entirely too much money buying souvenirs but I'm glad I did.
A Must For Any True Sopranos Fan!
|tlabella||Sat, Jan 9 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
The tour was tremendous, chock full of interesting sites and information. Marc, the tour guide, was great. He gave a lot background information that added to the intrigue of each site we visited. The biggest highlights would be easy to guess- Holsten's (where they shot the final scene and The Bada Bing (Satin Dolls). Had a lot of fun and very interested in doing it again!
|Mleh00000000||Sat, Jan 2 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Really enjoyed the tour, but wish I'd watched the whole box set again before coming as my memory was a little rusty. I loved the fact that our tour guide was an actor in the show, I loved all the quotes and lines he tested our memories with, I loved seeing the locations and then watching them back on the video screens - and everyone on the bus muttering oh yeah, I see that now. The highlight for me was the Bada Bing club as it's such an icon in the show.
Excellently done - the 4 hours flew by!!
|walcat||Sat, Jan 2 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
If you love Sopranos you'll love this tour!
|haileysmom||Mon, Dec 28, 15 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Mark our tour guide was amazing and full of knowledge! We loved the tour and the stops at the Bada Bing and Holstens for some onion rings and a perfect pic in the booth from the last scene of the show, plus much more!! Plus you get to meet one of the stars!! Take the time sit back and enjoy!! It'll make you wanna watch the show all over again!!
|erinsanders||Sat, Dec 26, 15 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
great tour,very fun and informative
|lisapopp||Sat, Dec 26, 15 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We didn't know what to expect from the tour,the bus was very comfy! ,our host was very knowledgeable and interactive, we got to see many sites where sopranos were filmed and had 2 stops!,definitely recommend this tour!
Great experience for Sopranos fans
|Mashburn77||Sat, Dec 26, 15 10:00 AM||Unspecified||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- Children under 12 years old, including babies, are unfortunately not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Additionally, tour participants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age. Please also keep in mind that a couple of the stops on the tour - such as the Bada Bing - do have their own age minimums, and it is up to the discretion of these establishments whom to allow in.
- Where does the tour end?
- At the end of the tour, the bus heads back to Manhattan to drop off at 40th Street and 7th Avenue, just one block north from the location where the tour began.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- No. We get off the bus at a few locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the Sopranos story.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour. There are usually 3-4 scheduled stops on each tour, but due to weather, traffic conditions, etc, tour routes may differ from tour to tour. The Bada Bing is a location that is almost always stops on the tour. Please note that Tony's house on the TV show is not an included stop on the tour because: * The house is located an hour away from the tour route. * The house is located in a private residential neighborhood that does not allow buses.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations around New Jersey, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- No food or drinks are served on the tour besides maybe a light snack, but you can feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Can I bring beer, wine, etc on the bus?
- No, it is against New York State law and New Jersey State law to consume alcohol on a bus.
- Can I buy Sopranos merchandise on the tour?
- Yes. You have the opportunity to purchase Sopranos merchandise at one of the scheduled stops on the tour.
- I heard I get to meet one of the actors from the show on the tour. Is this true?
- While the actor who plays Vito often makes appearances on the tour, this is subject to his availability. Due to his hectic and often unpredictable filming schedule, we never know until the day of the tour whether he will be able to make it. Cross your fingers!
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the Sopranos Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Almost all of the buses used on the Sopranos Tour have bathrooms.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. With a minimum of 48 hours in writing, we are able to provide a handicap accessible bus. We make our best efforts to accommodate requests with less than 48 hours notice. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total; manual wheelchairs are recommended for this reason. Most buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take luggage on the tour?
- The Sopranos Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Do we meet anyone famous at the tour?
- At times, but very rarely, “Vito” (played by Joe Gannascoli) will make an appearance at the tour. He is normally not present at the tour because he is either doing acting work or autograph shows.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other Sopranos buffs that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Children under 12 are not allowed on the Sopranos tour.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Tour participants under the age of 17 must accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.