This four hour, guided, narrated bus tour takes you through New Jersey's Sopranoland, leaving from the Garment District in Manhattan.
You'll learn Sopranos trivia, origins of the show, and production information along the way... not to 'fuhgid aboud' mafia speak and a stop at the restaurant in the final episode!
The tour features over 40 real-life locations from the show, including:
- Take a peek inside Bada Bing's
- See Father Phil's Parish
- Sit on the steps of the diner where Chris was shot
- Visit the spot where Big Pussy spoke with the FBI
- Go on location to the high school where A.J. dumped pizza boxes into the pool
- See Pizzaland, the Muffler Man, and other sites from the opening credits
- Sit at the booth where Tony sat in the restaurant where the final scene of the series was filmed
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
enjoyed it, Pretty much what I expected
|RRKramer||Sat, Feb 21 10:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
covered what I expected plus a few surprises. Tour director was excellent with his knowledge of the subject matter.
Fantastic Tour of Sopranoland!
|putremos||Sat, Feb 21 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
I didn't know what to expect never having been on a location tour, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The tour guide Marc Baron shared in-depth knowledge of the characters and locations having worked on the show as an extra and provided us with plenty of laughs. The tour set off from Midtown Manhattan at 1000am where we met Vito flogging merchanise and heading through the Lincoln Tunnel and into familiar territory from the opening credits and many memorable locations from the show e.g. the diner where Chris was shot, Barone sanitation, Big Pussys autobody shop, Satriales pork store (though its just an empty lot now) Father Phils Parish, Pizza Land, Holstens ice cream parlour where the last scene was filmed, etc. We exited the bus on a few occasions with Marc explaining the location and insights into the shooting e.g. how the local fire dept provided rain for one of Pussy meetings with the feds :) The last stop was the infamous Bada Bing (Satin Dolls) strip joint - I sat at the bar near Tonys stool and pictured him taking his rage out on poor Georgie - RIP James Gandolfini, what a great loss... We headed back to Manhattan having taken 4.5 hours to complete the loop - excellent value at only $49 and I'd say its a must for all diehard Sopranos fans! Thanks again to Marc.. Paul (Scotland)
|aykenned||Sat, Feb 21 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Enjoyable tour, tour guide Marc was excellent, his personality and knowledge was second to none, would recommend the tour to supporters of the show
Sopranos Tour - Excellent
|richjcrouch||Sat, Feb 14 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This tour is a must for any Sopranos fan. The guide, Marx Baron, is knowledgable and keeps the tour flowing wonderfully. We were in a situation where my girlfriend wasn't a sopranos fan, but I am, yet she was kept entertained for the 4 hour trip and found it informative and fun.
My only critique would probably be that it may be better to spend a little less time at some of the earlier sites like the diner Chris was shot at and increase the time at Holstens. I think the trip would be better if there was scope for everyone to sit down and eat in Holstens for an hour or so.
Must see/do for fans of the show
|emmapeat||Sat, Feb 14 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Wonderful, Marc our guide was excellent. Brilliant knowledge, amusing stories & great fun
Great guide and tour
|Waynemorrow||Sat, Feb 14 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Our tour guide was as informative as well as enthusiastic as you could imagine. Would really recommend tour to any sopranos fan the beer in the bing made my day
Sopranos tour & guide were amazing! Made our trip
|Smudge77||Sat, Feb 7 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
First up - meeting VITO!! Then a 4 hour tour of some prominent locations from the show - illustrated by clips and music, fun quizzes and a beer in the Bing! A must for any fan
|Nathalalias||Sat, Jan 31 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Had a really wonderful time on the Soprano's Tour! I am a massive fan so with the added surprise it was fantastic! The bus was comfortable and took us around all the infamous sites of the tours with intermittant video clips to jog our memories. I am a huge fan so loved every minute of this, my fiance has barely seen it and she still enjoyed herself. Unfortunately the only down side would be that the Bada Bing has had some renovations so it is not exactly like the TV show. Marc Baron the tour guide was excellent! really knowledgable and great with members of the tour. Good quizes on the bus! Would do it again!
Tourguide: Extremely entertaining & knowledgable
|rossjukes||Sat, Jan 24 10:00 AM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Tourguides make a huge difference on this kind of thing and Marc Baron is one of the best I've ever met. As a professional actor himself who has appeared in The Sopranos a couple of times and assisted with most episodes, he has an amazing knowledge of the series and all the background workings. The tour itself points out probably 20+ recognisable locations and lets you jump out at more than a few. There's even a short walking tour to a cluster of nearby locations. Bus was amazing too.
The highlights are obviously the ability to visit the diner from the final scene (they sell lots of memorabilia, sell great fast food and make bags of onion rings for your arrival) and the visit to Bada Bing (which is a real strip club so don't expect cheesy greetings here!)
Love this tour, Mark Baron is the man!
|dimitrih1||Sat, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
It was my second time on this tour, this time I brought my Mother,brother and 2 friends. Marc is an amazing guide, having experienced the sooranos first hand he had all the inside info and makes the tour very fun with competitions and facts. Even though there was major traffic he kept us entertained and laughing. Would Definately go again. Recommend to any Sopranos fans
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- Children under 12 years old, including babies, are unfortunately not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Additionally, tour participants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age. Please also keep in mind that a couple of the stops on the tour - such as the Bada Bing - do have their own age minimums, and it is up to the discretion of these establishments whom to allow in.
- Where does the tour end?
- At the end of the tour, the bus heads back to Manhattan to drop off at 40th Street and 7th Avenue, just one block north from the location where the tour began.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- No. We get off the bus at a few locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the Sopranos story.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour. There are usually 3-4 scheduled stops on each tour, but due to weather, traffic conditions, etc, tour routes may differ from tour to tour. The Bada Bing is a location that is almost always stops on the tour. Please note that Tony's house on the TV show is not an included stop on the tour because: * The house is located an hour away from the tour route. * The house is located in a private residential neighborhood that does not allow buses.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations around New Jersey, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- No food or drinks are served on the tour besides maybe a light snack, but you can feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Can I bring beer, wine, etc on the bus?
- No, it is against New York State law and New Jersey State law to consume alcohol on a bus.
- Can I buy Sopranos merchandise on the tour?
- Yes. You have the opportunity to purchase Sopranos merchandise at one of the scheduled stops on the tour.
- I heard I get to meet one of the actors from the show on the tour. Is this true?
- While the actor who plays Vito often makes appearances on the tour, this is subject to his availability. Due to his hectic and often unpredictable filming schedule, we never know until the day of the tour whether he will be able to make it. Cross your fingers!
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the Sopranos Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Almost all of the buses used on the Sopranos Tour have bathrooms.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. With a minimum of 48 hours in writing, we are able to provide a handicap accessible bus. We make our best efforts to accommodate requests with less than 48 hours notice. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total; manual wheelchairs are recommended for this reason. Most buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take luggage on the tour?
- The Sopranos Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Do we meet anyone famous at the tour?
- At times, but very rarely, “Vito” (played by Joe Gannascoli) will make an appearance at the tour. He is normally not present at the tour because he is either doing acting work or autograph shows.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other Sopranos buffs that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Children under 12 are not allowed on the Sopranos tour.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Tour participants under the age of 17 must accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.