This tour is equally fantastic for tourists and locals, families and groups of friends.
Your guide will entertain and inform you as you visit over 40 locations, including:
- Visit locations from Friends including their apartment building
- Stop at the Park featured in The Mindy Project, Glee, & When Harry Met Sally
- See the pub that Michael Keaton frequents in Birdman
- Pass the hotel featured in American Hustle
- Spot The Original Soup Man and other locations featured on Seinfeld
- Catch a glimpse of the Oscorp and Daily Bugle offices from Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man
- Visit McGee's Pub, the inspiration for MacLaren's in How I Met Your Mother
- See new locations from Girls, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Mysteries of Laura, Person of Interest and more!
For a limited time, add on the Central Park TV & Movie Sites walking tour for only $12! Available as an add-on during purchase process. Please note: you must email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-683-2027 to reserve a spot on the walking tour. Central Park TV & Movie Sites and NYC TV & Movie Tour must be taken on different days.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Loved this tour!!
|aeroos||Fri, Feb 5 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
We were so thrilled with Gary and with the tour. We got to see a large portion of the city in the 4 hours, and instead of just "this is this building, and it was build in 18xx", we learned all about what was filmed there, and even saw a ton of clips. For those of us without photographic memories, the video clips were fantastic.
I've done a standard bus tour of New York in a previous trip, and this was SO very much more fun. Gary, our tour guide, was a fount of knowledge and very, very interesting and funny. We even had a bit of a sidetrack on our visit - a crane came down in Lower Manhattan, closing literally dozens of blocks. Our driver did a fantastic job of working us around the closed area, and Gary - running off script at this point - still had a ton of details to impart about what we now just happened to be passing, while also helping suggest new routes. When he didn't have anything to say he ran extra trivia games and asked some questions about where we were from and what shows we loved, pulling almost every person on the bus into it personally. I'm sure he was very self conscious about how it went with all the problems, but we didn't feel we missed a thing, and I think that really speaks to his ability to go with the flow.
All in all, if you're even remotely a fan of TV and Movies I strongly, strongly recommend this tour instead of a standard double decker tour. We even got a special cookie (from Seinfeld, clip included) and a chance to stretch our legs 3 times, including being able to take pics in front of the apartment used as the outside of the Friends' apartment.
Loved it!!! Thank you, On Location Tours, for making the world a much more fun place :)
|CamilliaC||Mon, Jan 25 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
We had a ton of fun and even saw a few celebrities! Elise was sooooo great and even helped us find our next destination after the tour was over :)
Absolutely Recommend to Movie Buffs
|Southwest1||Thu, Jan 21 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was a great tour.. Highly recommend especially if you are a movie buff!!
Tour is ok.
|sdrey65||Thu, Jan 21 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The tour itself is just ok. First off, we took this tour mainly for the Friends and Seinfeld sights but those are few and far between. I thought we were going to see Toms Diner (aka Monks) but we never went by it. Also, the Ghostbusters firehouse is under construction and covered in scaffolding so don't expect to see much. Our tour guide, Deo, talked way too fast and rambled a lot of the time. He would name off 3 or 4 movie clips we were about to watch as fast as he could. Not really impressed.
Good locations and a good guide
|Fishminz||Sun, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I'd let the guide hand model for me
Awesome way to see New York!
|equick14||Sun, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
I loved this tour and highly recommend it to all.
Very fun weekend activity
|pmichaud28||Sun, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
The t.v. and movie tour was alot of fun and our tour guide was very personable and knowledgeable. He had a lot of energy and was very funny and helpful. Great was to spend a weekend with friends or family.
Lots of fun, Scott was great!!
|xxjaym||Sun, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We took this tour on a Sunday morning with Scott as our tour guide. We had a great time. He was very knowledgeable and funny. He always offered to take pictures for everyone and told us about the places we were seeing. It was really cool getting to see the building from Friends and having lunch at McGee's which had tons of How I Met Your Mother pictures and menu items. I would definitely recommend this to my friends :) Thank you Scott!
Entertaining and fun tour
|Eva00rudolph||Sun, Jan 17 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Lots of locations of new and old movies paired with the actual clips from the movies.
|zoecittern||Tue, Jan 12 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
This was a great way to tour the city and to see the sights as well. I did the tour on my first day there so it was good to see certain sights and then to visit them later on my own in more depth and it gave you an overview of the city. I loved seeing all the sights that have been featured in so many of my favourite films and tv shows, and i loved hearing all the trivia that the tour guide provided.
Our tour guide was really informative, friendly, welcoming and had great movie trivia knowledge. He seemed really interested in giving a great tour and was happy to help and answer any questions. He was really enthusiastic and recommended other things to do in the city. He seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that everyone had a great time.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- If a child is age five or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a Child ticket. While young children are welcome on the tour, please be aware if your child proves disruptive or excessively restless, you may be asked to leave.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends at 55th Street and 8th Avenue.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the story of how they relate to the TV shows and movies that have portrayed them.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour.
- Should I tip the tour guide?
- Gratuities are not included in the price of the tour ticket. A tip for exemplary service is always appreciated, but never required.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations all around Manhattan, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour?
- Yes. The tour travels through much of Manhattan while highlighting the specific TV and movie locations that are the tour's focus. As a result, families and friends often find this tour an ideal way to tour the city. While the tour does not visit such Manhattan landmarks as the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building, you will be visiting neighborhoods such as Greenwich Village, Chelsea, SoHo and the East Village.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- While food and drinks are not included in the cost of the tour, we do make a quick stop in SoHo where you can purchase a snack. In addition, please feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Please view our website for tour options. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour in English just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. Buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. We are committed to providing accessible tours to persons with disabilities and are able to provide accessible vehicles for passengers with mobility impairments. Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle at least 24 hours in advance is strongly recommended so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take a stroller or luggage on the tour?
- The tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other TV and movie fans that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
- Important: If you purchase the Central Park TV & Movie Sites tour add-on,
- You MUST email email@example.com or call 212-683-2027 to reserve a spot on the tour. Central Park TV & Movie Sites and NYC TV & Movie Tour must be taken on different days.
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE TOUR (FRENCH)
- On Location Tours offers the NYC TV & Movie Tour in French through Pocket Guide App. French speaking tourists can download the app to their smartphones in a few easy steps to follow along on the English tour. Receive an access code to validate the tour in the Pocket Guide app once you have purchased NYC TV & Movie Tour tickets with the PocketGuide add-on option. Non refundable, non transferable; it's the customer's responsibility to download the app prior to the tour & follow the instructions. One tour app add-on must be purchased per each individual using it. onlocationtours.com/pocketguide
On Location Tours
On Location Tours, Inc. is among the world’s largest TV and movie tour companies with tours in New York City and Boston. The tours feature sites from the hottest and latest on the big and small screen. Founded in 1999, it is one of the East Coast’s most popular tourist attractions, serving TV & movie buffs from around world.
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Business Week, Entertainment Weekly, Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie.