This tour is equally fantastic for tourists and locals, families and groups of friends.
Your guide will entertain and inform you as you visit over 40 locations, including:
- See where the cast of Glee performed "I Love New York"
- Visit the apartment building from Friends
- Pass the hotel featured in American Hustle
- Stop at the brownstone used in I Am Legend
- Visit McGee's Pub, the inspiration for MacLaren's in How I Met Your Mother
- Catch a glimpse of the Daily Bugle offices in Spider-Man
- See the hotel that doubled for a Paris hotel in The Devil Wears Prada
- Spot the Original Soup Man featured on Seinfeld
For a limited time, add on the Central Park TV & Movie Sites walking tour for only $12! Available as an add-on during purchase process. Please note: you must email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-683-2027 to reserve a spot on the walking tour. Central Park TV & Movie Sites and New York TV & Movie Sites must be taken on different days.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|sydneyseal||Mon, May 18 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This tour was our first day in NY so it gave us not only an oversight of movie sights but a good orientation for Manhattan. Our tour guide was great and I loved that we got off the bus at certain places and our tour guide was always willing to help us grab photos - he was wonderful. Would recommend to family and friends
A good Time
|annajonabald||Sat, May 16 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
It was a very fun day with Gary? Greg? (Now I cannot remember his name)
nice Tour through New York with movie insights
|Smellycat||Fri, May 15 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Did the tour for the third time. Big movie fan.Manhattan is full of places. Tour could have shown more, tour was better 10 years ago. Stop in soho was not very movie related. Overall good.
Great overview of a beautiful city and its talent
|Raewyn67||Mon, May 11 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Our family of 4, two children aged 12 and 10 really enjoyed the movie tour. It gave a great overall taste of not only all the movies and shows that have been made in NYC but the city itself. In approx 3 hours we went from the top of Central Park down to Battery park covering nearly everything in between. Great first day in NYC activity to get your bearings.
Great trip for the whole family
|indy101||Sat, May 9 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
Scott was our tour guide and he did a great job including the kids and bringing them into the conversation by finding out what shows there were interested in ahead of time. He made the whole thing a success.
|DBingley||Sat, May 2 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Gary was very good
|Noelle870923||Sun, Apr 26 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||Combination||Other|
The tour was OK but the TV/dvd did not work so I felt like we missed out on many of the movie clips related to the places we visited.
|snookapoop||Sun, Apr 26 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
Although there was a problem with DVD player, tour was interesting.. Would have liked it to include some time in an actual studio and some fun activities..
|ronspina7||Fri, Apr 24 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||Unspecified||Unspecified|
The tour guide had a lot of interesting information during the tour. The sites were varied and the monitor related the location with the TV/Movie scenes.
Guide Knew His Stuff
|monaballky||Tue, Apr 21 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
It was a fun ride, seeing lots of sights from movie/TV shows. We all enjoyed ourselves.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- If a child is age five or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a Child ticket. While young children are welcome on the tour, please be aware if your child proves disruptive or excessively restless, you may be asked to leave.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends at 55th Street and 8th Avenue.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the story of how they relate to the TV shows and movies that have portrayed them.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations all around Manhattan, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour?
- Yes. The tour travels through much of Manhattan while highlighting the specific TV and movie locations that are the tour's focus. As a result, families and friends often find this tour an ideal way to tour the city. While the tour does not visit such Manhattan landmarks as the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building, you will be visiting neighborhoods such as Greenwich Village, Chelsea, SoHo and the East Village.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- While food and drinks are not included in the cost of the tour, we do make a quick stop in SoHo where you can purchase a snack. In addition, please feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- No, the New York TV and Movie tour is also conducted in German on some Saturdays, and French some Fridays. Please view our website for tour options. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. Buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. We are committed to providing accessible tours to persons with disabilities and are able to provide accessible vehicles for passengers with mobility impairments. Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle at least 24 hours in advance is strongly recommended so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take a stroller or luggage on the tour?
- The tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other TV and movie fans that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
- Important: If you purchase the Central Park TV & Movie Sites tour add-on,
- You MUST email email@example.com or call 212-683-2027 to reserve a spot on the tour. Central Park TV & Movie Sites and New York TV & Movie Sites must be taken on different days.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours, Inc. is among the world’s largest TV and movie tour companies with tours in New York City and Boston. The tours feature sites from the hottest and latest on the big and small screen. Founded in 1999, it is one of the East Coast’s most popular tourist attractions, serving TV & movie buffs from around world.
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Business Week, Entertainment Weekly, Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie.