Here's what you'll get on the LES / East Village Pizza Walk:
- Full slices at each of three pizzeria stops
- History of one of the city's most diverse neighborhoods
- A Pocket Pizza Journal so you can take detailed notes
- Pizza styles may include Neapolitan, Roman, New York Slice, Sicilian, Grandma and MORE!
Word on the street is that our tours are awesome:
"New York really does boast specialized tours and this is one of the best." - Rough Guides
"Offbeat and fun!" - Lonely Planet
"The tastiest tour in town!" - NBC's Today in New York
Scott's Pizza Tours has been featured on ABC's The Chew, CBS Sunday Morning, the Travel Channel, Cooking Channel, History Channel and Discovery Channel. WHOA!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Aquaresima||Sun, Nov 1 4:30 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
2nd time doing the tour with Scott. This guy is excited which makes me excited! Highly recommended!
A must for pizza lovers!
|manda1018||Sun, Nov 1 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Couldn't recommend this tour more highly! Scott is fantastic and provides more info than you'd ever think you would want to know about pizza, also shares a lot of tips of how you can perfect pizza at home. You enjoy three slices at three different places (we did Gnocco and Luzzo's where we sat down and got to see the ovens and how the pizza is made, as well as Joes where we grabbed a NYC style slice). You can purchase drinks if you'd like too!
|eddiez01||Sun, Oct 18 4:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Our 4th different Pizza tour. Highly recommended. Cant wait to go back to Lutzo!
A Tasty "Pizza-cation"
|kamore20||Sun, Oct 18 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Aside from learning about the history of pizza in Italy and the US, we got to experience different styles of pizza from true Italian to NYC style, all of which were great. Many people in the tour group had been on Scott's Pizza Tours before in other neighborhoods and were coming back for a second or even third time! It is easy to see why.
Dont Miss a Scotts Pizza Tour!
|TomCapuano||Sun, Oct 11 4:30 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This is our second Scott's Pizza Tour while visiting NYC and it was fantastic. Our pizza guide Joe was fun, enthusiastic, and full of pizza knowledge. Our three stops were great places, with great pizza and drinks. We went back to one of the stops for more pizza and wine. Fun for all ages groups and pizza lovers. We will definitely schedule another Scott's Pizza Tour next time we are back in NYC!
EAST VILLAGE TOUR ROCKS!
|Cwasserstrom||Sun, Oct 4 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Combination||Group of Friends|
Great Pisa and great guide (Joe)! Highly recommend. Fun for locals and visitors.
|illlbebeck||Sun, Sep 20 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
I was surprised and delighted when I showed up at my pizza tour with my boyfriend (a surprise for his bday) to be greeted by JOE and no one else!! It was a PRIVATE tour and I had no idea! What an amazing afternoon. Such knowledge, fun, and culture these guys bring to NYC. Scott is phenomenal and quite a character...I got to meet him at an improv show a couple months back and I knew from the moment he opened his mouth that I wanted to take one of his tours! I truly thing I will do this again! THANK YOU!
|t_pumpkin97||Sun, Aug 30 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We went on the East Village Tour and I can not tell you how much we enjoyed our experience. To begin the price is well worth it and you most certainly are full, get loads of info and lots of laughs. Joe was the best guide I have ever had on a tour, not only loves his job but loves pizza.
My mother was on the tour with me and has a bad back, but the walking distance was very doable and true to the details of the tour. Also had a friend who was born and raised in NYC and had never done a tour, and she has plans on trying one of the others. So this is not just for tourist.
I would recommend this company to anyone I know living in or going to New York City. We plan on traveling back next year and a pizza tour will be on the list, no doubt.
Fun, interesting, informative, and delicious!
|artdbv829||Sun, Aug 30 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Joe, our guide, was really enthusiastic about pizza and making sure we had a great time! We visited a few pizza places (ate at 3), all quite different, and Joe explained the origins of pizza and the differences between the ingredients, styles, ovens, and much more! He was really knowledgable and friendly. Highly recommended, even to native New Yorkers - there were 4 in our group. I would have no hesitation book in each of the other tours. Thanks Joe!
I love my pizza buddies
|fashionblog8||Sun, Jun 7 4:30 PM||Male||Under 20||Local||Unspecified|
MY NAME IS BEN. I AM 8 YEARS OLD. i WENT ON THE PIZZA TOUR 5 TIMES. NEXT IS THE BUS TOUR. I HAVE 2 PIZZA BUDDIES. i WANT MORE PIZZA.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. Tours have a limited capacity and often sell out. If you are planning to make reservations for several people, it's a good idea to purchase tickets well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express online or by phone.
- What do I receive for the price of a ticket?
- Your ticket gets you a 3-hour course in pizza history, which includes slices at three of the city's top pizzerias! Every participant will receive a goody bag complete with candies and other items that will enhance the tour experience.
- Am I required to purchase a ticket for a child?
- Children under the age of four are welcome to join us free of charge as long as you are willing to share your slices with them. Limit is one child under four per adult. All others must purchase a general ticket.
- I noticed I can donate to Slice Out Hunger when buying tickets. What is Slice Out Hunger?
- Slice Out Hunger is our way of giving back to the community. Proceeds benefit our favorite hunger relief organizations. Find out more at www.silceouthunger.org.
- What is the difference between the four walking tours and the bus tour?
- All walking tours visit three pizzerias. The Lower East Side tour focuses on the pizza development from a lowly Neapolitan street food to a celebrated American staple, walks 0.75 miles (1.1 km) and is about 2.5 hours long. The Crosstown tour traces the evolution of New York style pizza, walks 1.5 miles (2.4 km) and is about 3 hours long. The Greenwich Village tour follows pizza development from Southern Italy, walks 0.75 miles (1.1 km) and is about 2.5 hours long. The Brooklyn tour alternates between the neighborhoods of Williamsburg and Cobble Hill and will focus on comparing the baking patterns of three different pizza ovens. It is 3 hours long and walks about 0.75 miles (1.1 km) The NYC Pizza Bus tour runs Sundays only (less traffic!) and is 4.5 hours long. This is our flagship and visits four pizzerias throughout the boroughs. All tours include pizza tastings, goody bags, and explanations of pizza culture and tradition.
- Does weather affect the tour?
- All walking tours run rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as we will be outside for most of the tour.
- How long is the walk?
- We'll cover about 1 mile on the LES Pizza Walk. Please remember to wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for weather, as the majority of the tour will be outside.
- Where does the tour end?
- Each tour ends within a few blocks of its starting point. Exact end locations vary by day, as we do not follow the same route on every tour.
- Where will we go on this tour?
- The LES Pizza Walk covers New York pizza from a historical perspective. Historically, the Lower East Side covered a huge chunk of Manhattan from 14th Street down to Canal St but now that territory is referred to as the East Village (14th St to Houston St) and the Lower East Side (Houston to Canal) with Bowery as its western border. Some of our LES Pizza Walk tours cover what is currently referred to as the East Village and others cover the contemporary Lower East Side. On the tour itself, we'll visit three pizzerias and several points of pizza and NYC interest.
- How much time will we spend in each pizzeria?
- Our first pizza stop on the NYC Pizza Walk is a seated tasting, but after that we're on-the-go. Some of the pizzerias aren't large enough to fit our entire group, but there are plenty of restroom stops available along the way.
- Who will be my tour guide?
- Every member of our pizza enthusiast team is a licensed New York City tour guide, armed with the hunger and knowledge necessary to lead you through the landscape of NYC pizza. We do not announce who will be leading each tour in advance, but all guides have been trained personally by owner/founder Scott Wiener.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! All of our stops are accessible by wheelchair.
- Is this tour appropriate for New Yorkers?
- YES! No matter how long you've lived in New York there are certainly pizzerias you have never visited. In fact, New Yorkers tend to be least aware of the pizza possibilities in their own backyards! The information and depth of your tour will bring your excitement about the dish to new levels.
- How much pizza will I eat?
- Participants are provided with three slices of pizza. If you fall in love with a slice, feel free to order a pie or two to-go! Just be sure to bring cash, as most of the old pizzerias don't take credit.
- How do we decide on toppings?
- We don't! The group will taste only cheese slices. This maintains a uniform standard upon which to evaluate the slices we consume. If you would like any extra slices with toppings, you may order them at your own cost.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- You are welcome to use restrooms in the sit-down pizzerias we visit at the beginning and end of the tour.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes to the thousandth degree! Pizza pictures are usually worth framing because everyone is always smiling in them. We encourage you to share your pizza photos on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform.
- Do I need to bring anything on the tour?
- It is highly recommended that you bring a refillable container for water. We discourage the use of bottled water because of its negative impact on the environment, plus New York tap water is tasty!
- Should I eat before taking this tour?
- It's always a good idea to start your digestive engine before the tour begins.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. It is the belief of Scott's Pizza Tours that pizza defies all language barriers.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the yellow box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private/custom tour?
- We are more than happy to accommodate your requests for private tours. Just click “Contact PizzaTours” and let us know the size of your group, whether you'd like to tour by bus or on foot, and what date/time you have in mind.
Scott's Pizza Tours
Every one of our tours hits multiple pizzerias to give you a giant slice of saucy knowledge. Not only do you get a slice at each stop, we’ll even get you into the kitchens for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at all the different ovens, cheese types, tomato preparations, and dough stretching techniques. You can keep track of your findings in your very own Pocket Pizza Journal, a handy notebook we designed specifically for pizza analysis!
If it sounds like we’re a little too obsessed, it’s because we are. Our founder Scott Wiener started the tour after leading a group of friends on an epic birthday party pizza crawl in 2007. It was too much fun to keep a secret, so he launched the company with the intention of running a weekly tour while looking for a real job. Flash forward and Scott’s Pizza Tours is one of the highest rated activities in the universe. It’s probably because we’re extremely passionate about our city, our pizza, and sharing both with new friends.
Our tours are conducted by an elite team of pizza lovers who found each other through our collective love of the slice. Scott does not lead every tour, but all of our guides are licensed and trained to dish out slices of pizza AND information in the greatest pizza city ever.