Here's what you'll get on the LES / East Village Pizza Walk:
- Full slices at each of three pizzeria stops
- History of one of the city's most diverse neighborhoods
- A Pocket Pizza Journal so you can take detailed notes
- Pizza styles may include Neapolitan, Roman, New York Slice, Sicilian, Grandma and MORE!
Word on the street is that our tours are awesome:
"New York really does boast specialized tours and this is one of the best." - Rough Guides
"Offbeat and fun!" - Lonely Planet
"The tastiest tour in town!" - NBC's Today in New York
Scott's Pizza Tours has been featured on ABC's The Chew, CBS Sunday Morning, the Travel Channel, Cooking Channel, History Channel and Discovery Channel. WHOA!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Awesome - Fun and delicious afternoon
|Jquartner||Sun, Apr 10 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
My friends and I had an absolutely amazing time on our tour. Joe was an absolutely amazing guide. Informative and fun! I would highly recommend doing this whether you are a local or an out of towner. We had the best time and cant wait to go on another tour. We cant wait to re-visit all the great new spots we were introduced to on the tour as well!!!
Really fun experience
|Mjwalla||Sun, Apr 3 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My daughter chose the activity and we were more than happy with it, fun and informative about the history of pizza and NY. Of course it was also delicious.
|Petebelin||Sun, Mar 20 4:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Great pizza, energetic tour guide, would definitely do this again!
Best food tour!
|aszak930||Sun, Mar 13 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
So well done!!
A tour to be remebered
|LizArimento||Sun, Feb 14 4:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This was such a fantastic, yummy tour. We had so much fun and it was perfect for myself and my kids.
Joe was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
I would highly recommend this tour.
Educational, Fun and Delicious!
|DavidBW||Sun, Jan 31 4:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We were not sure what to expect, the tour was recommended by a co-worker who has been on two of Scott's tours. It was a lot of fun, extremely informative and the pizza is the best. It gives eating pizza anywhere a whole new perspective. Would highly recommend! even our kids 13 - 18 yrs enjoyed it.
Great & Unique Experience!
|heather2424||Sun, Dec 27, 15 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
Scott was so fun & enthusiastic, he made sure everyone was included & had a good time. The pizza was delicious, and interesting to learn about the science behind the food we all love to eat. Would definitely recommend, makes a unique gift for family & friends!
Two thumbs up !!
|lgonzalez10||Sun, Dec 20, 15 4:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
My friend and our two teenage sons went on this walking pizza tour for the first time and we all loved it! We met people from different parts of the nation and our tour guide Joe was awesome! Getting to see a little of the city and eating delicious local pizza in NYC...you can't beat it! We highly recommend it!
Great tour - informative - fun - tasty
|BobBoston||Sun, Dec 13, 15 4:30 PM||Male||50-59||Combination||Group of Friends|
It was a great way to connect with NYC history. Joe, our guide, was terrific!
I was with foodie friends from Europe - they loved it!
An excellent tour!
|yngvib||Sun, Dec 13, 15 4:30 PM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I am a pizza enthusiast visiting NCY for the first time, and this tour was a great way to start my exploration into the NYC pizza scenery. Our guide, Joe, had a wealth of information to share about pizza and its history in NYC. Highly recommended!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. Tours have a limited capacity and often sell out. If you are planning to make reservations for several people, it's a good idea to purchase tickets well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express online or by phone.
- What do I receive for the price of a ticket?
- Your ticket gets you a 3-hour course in pizza history, which includes slices at three of the city's top pizzerias! Every participant will receive a goody bag complete with candies and other items that will enhance the tour experience.
- Am I required to purchase a ticket for a child?
- Children under the age of four are welcome to join us free of charge as long as you are willing to share your slices with them. Limit is one child under four per adult. All others must purchase a general ticket.
- I noticed I can donate to Slice Out Hunger when buying tickets. What is Slice Out Hunger?
- Slice Out Hunger is our way of giving back to the community. Proceeds benefit our favorite hunger relief organizations. Find out more at www.silceouthunger.org.
- What is the difference between the four walking tours and the bus tour?
- All walking tours visit three pizzerias. The Lower East Side tour focuses on the pizza development from a lowly Neapolitan street food to a celebrated American staple, walks 0.75 miles (1.1 km) and is about 2.5 hours long. The Crosstown tour traces the evolution of New York style pizza, walks 1.5 miles (2.4 km) and is about 3 hours long. The Greenwich Village tour follows pizza development from Southern Italy, walks 0.75 miles (1.1 km) and is about 2.5 hours long. The Brooklyn tour alternates between the neighborhoods of Williamsburg and Cobble Hill and will focus on comparing the baking patterns of three different pizza ovens. It is 3 hours long and walks about 0.75 miles (1.1 km) The NYC Pizza Bus tour runs Sundays only (less traffic!) and is 4.5 hours long. This is our flagship and visits four pizzerias throughout the boroughs. All tours include pizza tastings, goody bags, and explanations of pizza culture and tradition.
- Does weather affect the tour?
- All walking tours run rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as we will be outside for most of the tour.
- How long is the walk?
- We'll cover about 1 mile on the LES Pizza Walk. Please remember to wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for weather, as the majority of the tour will be outside.
- Where does the tour end?
- Each tour ends within a few blocks of its starting point. Exact end locations vary by day, as we do not follow the same route on every tour.
- Where will we go on this tour?
- The LES Pizza Walk covers New York pizza from a historical perspective. Historically, the Lower East Side covered a huge chunk of Manhattan from 14th Street down to Canal St but now that territory is referred to as the East Village (14th St to Houston St) and the Lower East Side (Houston to Canal) with Bowery as its western border. Some of our LES Pizza Walk tours cover what is currently referred to as the East Village and others cover the contemporary Lower East Side. On the tour itself, we'll visit three pizzerias and several points of pizza and NYC interest.
- How much time will we spend in each pizzeria?
- Our first pizza stop on the NYC Pizza Walk is a seated tasting, but after that we're on-the-go. Some of the pizzerias aren't large enough to fit our entire group, but there are plenty of restroom stops available along the way.
- Who will be my tour guide?
- Every member of our pizza enthusiast team is a licensed New York City tour guide, armed with the hunger and knowledge necessary to lead you through the landscape of NYC pizza. We do not announce who will be leading each tour in advance, but all guides have been trained personally by owner/founder Scott Wiener.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! All of our stops are accessible by wheelchair.
- Is this tour appropriate for New Yorkers?
- YES! No matter how long you've lived in New York there are certainly pizzerias you have never visited. In fact, New Yorkers tend to be least aware of the pizza possibilities in their own backyards! The information and depth of your tour will bring your excitement about the dish to new levels.
- How much pizza will I eat?
- Participants are provided with three slices of pizza. If you fall in love with a slice, feel free to order a pie or two to-go! Just be sure to bring cash, as most of the old pizzerias don't take credit.
- How do we decide on toppings?
- We don't! The group will taste only cheese slices. This maintains a uniform standard upon which to evaluate the slices we consume. If you would like any extra slices with toppings, you may order them at your own cost.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- You are welcome to use restrooms in the sit-down pizzerias we visit at the beginning and end of the tour.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes to the thousandth degree! Pizza pictures are usually worth framing because everyone is always smiling in them. We encourage you to share your pizza photos on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform.
- Do I need to bring anything on the tour?
- It is highly recommended that you bring a refillable container for water. We discourage the use of bottled water because of its negative impact on the environment, plus New York tap water is tasty!
- Should I eat before taking this tour?
- It's always a good idea to start your digestive engine before the tour begins.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. It is the belief of Scott's Pizza Tours that pizza defies all language barriers.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the yellow box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private/custom tour?
- We are more than happy to accommodate your requests for private tours. Just click “Contact PizzaTours” and let us know the size of your group, whether you'd like to tour by bus or on foot, and what date/time you have in mind.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Gratuities for your guide are not mandatory but greatly appreciated.
Scott's Pizza Tours
Every one of our tours hits multiple pizzerias to give you a giant slice of saucy knowledge. Not only do you get a slice at each stop, we’ll even get you into the kitchens for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at all the different ovens, cheese types, tomato preparations, and dough stretching techniques. You can keep track of your findings in your very own Pocket Pizza Journal, a handy notebook we designed specifically for pizza analysis!
If it sounds like we’re a little too obsessed, it’s because we are. Our founder Scott Wiener started the tour after leading a group of friends on an epic birthday party pizza crawl in 2007. It was too much fun to keep a secret, so he launched the company with the intention of running a weekly tour while looking for a real job. Flash forward and Scott’s Pizza Tours is one of the highest rated activities in the universe. It’s probably because we’re extremely passionate about our city, our pizza, and sharing both with new friends.
Our tours are conducted by an elite team of pizza lovers who found each other through our collective love of the slice. Scott does not lead every tour, but all of our guides are licensed and trained to dish out slices of pizza AND information in the greatest pizza city ever.