So you're a pizza lover? Get ready to step it up a notch with:
- America's first licensed pizzeria
- Some of NYC's oldest coal-burning ovens
- Brooklyn's best Sicilian pie
- Comparative analysis of oven types
- A classic New York slice shop
- Authentic Neapolitan pizza
- Frank Sinatra's favorite slice
Word on the street is that our tours are awesome:
"New York really does boast specialized tours and this is one of the best." - Rough Guides
"Offbeat and fun!" - Lonely Planet
"The tastiest tour in town!" - NBC's Today in New York
Scott's Pizza Tours has been featured on ABC's The Chew, CBS Sunday Morning, the Travel Channel, Cooking Channel, History Channel and Discovery Channel. WHOA!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Highly entertaining and energetic
|bkitson250||Sun, Apr 24 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My husband and I have been to Manhattan a few times, but never outside of Manhattan. We found this tour and took it as an opportunity to get in to other boros and try some new pizzas. Scott was incredibly educational on all things pizza, including where to eat in my local city on the other side of the country and gave tons of recommendations for places to try on our own. Overall it was a fantastic tour that brought us out to the suburbs and allowed to gain new experiences.
|Pizzaboy||Sun, Apr 24 11:00 AM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Amazing!!! Scott is a living legend, what an amazing tour guide. Best part of my holiday.
Pizza Tours was awesome
|aaronfbrown4||Sun, Apr 24 11:00 AM||Male||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
2nd time on the tour and it was just as great as the first! Went to some new pizza locations and loved Marios on Arthur Ave in the Bronx!
|ecm5006||Sun, Apr 24 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
This tour is amazing! Scott is awesome and going around on a big yellow bus is just a great time!
|jlmypa||Sun, Apr 17 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My family and I did this tour and it was a blast! Scott, the tour guide was so enthusiastic and a true NY pizza ambassador. Besides eating delicious pizza, we learned about the different types of pizza ovens, the different types of crusts, etc. I get to NYC about twice a year and I know I'll go on this tour again!
|ttippett||Sun, Apr 17 11:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This was my second tour but my first with Scott on the Sunday bus trip. It was a terrific experience. If you are a pizza lover, I highly recommend this unique experience.
Awesome and super fun!
|Hetanshi||Sun, Apr 17 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Unspecified|
Scott was great, the tour was super fun and the pizza delicious.
|LittleGrove||Sun, Apr 3 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
|jRo47apo||Sun, Apr 3 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Great mix of history and culture and cooking info!
Great unique experience!!
|Mirabell||Sun, Mar 20 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
My husband and I truly enjoyed this pizza your. My husband is a huge pizza lover and he absolutely had a blast!
The group was great and our guide Scot was wonderful. He was funny, knowledgable and made the entire experience awesome.
The only negative is that according to what was posted online( or what we understood) the tour was supposed to go through all boroughs, however we were only in one pizzeria in Manhattan and the rest were in Brooklyn.
Other than that, the tour was great!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. This tour only runs on Sundays and often sell out. If you are planning to make reservations for several people, it's a good idea to purchase tickets well in advance before spots fill up. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What do I receive for the price of a ticket?
- Tickets guarantee you a seat on a yellow school bus that has been specially licensed for sightseeing use throughout New York City. You will be treated to four slices of pizza, one from each of the four pizzerias we visit. Each participant will receive a goody bag complete with candies and other items that will enhance the tour experience.
- What are the differences between the bus tour and the walking tours?
- The NYC Pizza Bus visits four pizzerias over 4.5 hours while the walking tours visit three pizzerias in 3 hours. We have various walking tours that each cover a different neighborhood. All tours include pizza and a Pocket Pizza Journal for every guest.
- Am I required to purchase a ticket for a child?
- Tickets must be purchased for anyone requiring a seat on the bus. Children between the ages of 4 and 12 are invited to purchase a reduced-price child ticket. Children under the age of 4 are invited to join us free of charge, but must share pizza and seats with their guardian. There is a limit of 1 non-paying child per adult.
- I noticed I can donate to Slice Out Hunger when buying tickets. What is Slice Out Hunger?
- Slice Out Hunger is our way of giving back to the community. Proceeds benefit our favorite hunger relief organizations. Find out more at www.silceouthunger.org.
- Does weather affect the tour?
- The Pizza Bus runs rain or shine! Tour itineraries may change if weather becomes a problem but we will always run complete tours. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as we will be getting on and off the bus throughout the tour.
- Where does the tour end?
- All Pizza Bus tours end at the corner of Bowery and Prince St, just two blocks from the starting point.
- Where will we go on this tour?
- Each tour with Scott's Pizza Bus is unique. We draw our destinations from a bank of participating pizzerias throughout New York's five boroughs. Few tours will have the same itinerary but all will visit four of the city's best pizzerias.
- How many pizzerias will we visit?
- We will visit four pizzerias on the trip and eat a slice at each.
- How much time will we spend in each pizzeria?
- We'll spend approximately 25 minutes at each pizzeria.
- Do we stay on the bus for the duration of the tour?
- No. We exit the bus at every pizzeria. Depending on the weather, we may even get to eat some slices outside!
- Can I bring alcohol on the bus?
- No. It is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. The pizzerias we visit do have alcoholic beverages for sale, so please be sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID if you would like to purchase this.
- Who will be my tour guide?
- Scott Wiener is a licensed New York City tour guide and dedicated pizza enthusiast. Scott's love for pizza and fascination with pizza culture has led him to create a forum in which pizza lovers can dish about their favorite slices and broaden their pizza palates.
- What type of bus is used?
- Scott's Pizza Tours is the only guided tour in New York City that uses a big yellow school bus! All buses are new models and pass weekly inspections by the NYC Board of Education. We only use buses that are up to code with the city's regulations and ours even has air conditioning for those hot summer days!
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately our buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- Am I permitted to leave possessions on the bus?
- You may leave personal items on the bus, as the bus driver will always stay with the vehicle during our tastings, but it is strongly recommended that you keep valuables with you at all times. Several seats will be open for luggage and strollers.
- As a New Yorker, will I enjoy this tour?
- YES! No matter how long you've lived in New York there are certainly pizzerias you have never visited. In fact, New Yorkers tend to be least aware of the pizza possibilities in their own backyards!
- How do we decide on toppings?
- We don't! The group will taste only cheese slices. This maintains a uniform standard upon which to evaluate the slices we consume. If you would like any extra slices with toppings, you may order them at your own cost.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- While the bus has no restroom, the pizzerias do! It is highly recommended that you visit these restrooms at the first and final stops while the group is eating inside the restaurant.
- How large will the group be?
- We usually cap tickets at 24 per tour, but there's room for 32 if the pizzerias on the schedule are large enough to accommodate a group that large.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes to the thousandth degree! Pizza pictures are usually worth framing because everyone is always smiling in them. We even have a special web site where you can share your photos with other pizza pals.
- Do I need to bring anything on the tour?
- It is highly recommended that you bring a refillable container for water. We discourage the use of bottled water because of its negative impact on the environment, plus New York tap water is tasty!
- Should I eat before taking this tour?
- It's always a good idea to start your digestive engine before the tour begins.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. It is the belief of Scott's Pizza Tours that pizza defies all language barriers.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private/custom tour?
- We are more than happy to accommodate your requests for private tours. Just click “Contact PizzaTours” and let us know the size of your group, whether you'd like to tour by bus or on foot, and what date/time you have in mind.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Gratuities for your guide are not mandatory but greatly appreciated.
Scott's Pizza Tours
Every one of our tours hits multiple pizzerias to give you a giant slice of saucy knowledge. Not only do you get a slice at each stop, we’ll even get you into the kitchens for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at all the different ovens, cheese types, tomato preparations, and dough stretching techniques. Keep track of your findings in your very own Pocket Pizza Journal, a handy notebook we designed specifically for pizza analysis!
If it sounds like we’re a little too obsessed, it’s because we are. Our founder Scott Wiener started the tour after leading a group of friends on an epic birthday party pizza crawl in 2007. It was too much fun to keep a secret, so he launched the company with the intention of running a weekly tour while looking for a real job. Flash forward and Scott’s Pizza Tours is one of the highest rated activities in the universe. It’s probably because we’re extremely passionate about our city, our pizza, and sharing both with new friends.
Our tours are conducted by an elite team of pizza lovers who found each other through our collective love of the slice. Scott does not lead every tour, but all of our guides are licensed and trained to dish out slices of pizza AND information in the greatest pizza city ever.