- each $195 ticket covers admission for 1 person
- each $295 ticket covers admission for 2 people working as a team
You'll go step by step through the process of crafting the perfect pie. Throughout the class you'll make up to 4 gourmet pizzas and/or take home some dough for future pizza-making fun.
Class takes place at Pizza a Casa Pizza School on NYC's historic Grand Street.
- The best dough anywhere - made by you!
- Secrets of the sauce
- Stretching techniques and forming the perfect crust
- Knowing your ingredients: understanding balance, order and proportions when applying them
- Fantastic fresh mozzarella brought in daily from a 5th generation Italian cheese shop in America (family owned for 100+ years and just down the street from our classroom)
- Exciting toppings & embellishments - from classic combos to some unexpected and unforgettable matches
- Much, much more!
Dress comfortably - we provide aprons for all to wear - and be ready to feast on all the amazing pizzas you'll create! In addition to all the pizzas you'll enjoy fresh out of the oven, you'll head home with any leftover dough and/or pizza that YOU made to show off to your friends and family!
All students receive a copy of our exclusive instructional booklet Make Perfect Pizza at Home.
What Is Not Included?
- Everything you'll need to make up to 4 amazing pizzas during class is provided (plus to-go boxes for leftovers!)
- A fantastic selection of pizza-perfect wInes, craft beers and specialty sodas are available for purchase.
- Looking to outfit your kitchen in the finest in pizza-making equipment? Our retail store is your one-stop shop for everything you need.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Absolutely worth it.
|sammers133||Sat, Apr 23 12:00 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Read the reviews and was intrigued by everyone's positive feedback. 100% worth the money and the reviews were spot on. Had a great time with a group of 8. Learned so much and everyone had such a fun time. We'll be back!
|sortob||Sat, Apr 9 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Other|
We learned how to make a great pizza at home and got to eat a bunch of great pizzas while there that we made! A really great experience.
|marciapalt||Sat, Apr 2 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
The instructor was awesome and the pizza tasted great. We can't wait to try it at home.
|CSSlavin||Sat, Apr 2 12:00 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Other|
Even better. Picked up new tips and flavored as well as a new dough stretching technique. So glad I did it again
I can make great pizza in my own kitchen!
|Rhgentile||Sat, Mar 26 12:00 PM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The pizza that I learned to make was way better than I expected -- and now I know I can easily make it at home.
I was very impressed with the "behind the scenes" -- great trainer, simple easy to remember instructions, great handouts, well thought out cooking area and equipment -- you could tell they gave this a lot of thought. The end result was happy clients who had a lot of fun and learned how to make fantastic pizza at home!
Made a Special Day THAT Much Memorable!
|andrewsack||Sat, Mar 5 12:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
I bought a team ticket as a valentines day date. Little did my date know that by the end of the class she would become my fiancee. The pizza making class was incredible and the team was friendly and attentive. Then came the big moment where the team helped me propose and it turned out to be one of the most incredible moments I'll ever experience. The day could not have gone better and it was due in great part to the team at Pizza a Casa. The pizza was so much fun to make and they make it enjoyable to be in the class. It is definitely the best kept cooking class secret anywhere and I would strongly suggest booking this class.
A lot of fun!!
|Ctalicia||Sat, Feb 27 12:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
I would recommend to all of my friends, a really fun afternoon, and the pizza was delicious!!
Fun, delicious education!
|capacete||Sat, Jan 30 12:00 PM||Unspecified||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I traveled from PA to attend. It was a great way to spend a day together. We would recommend it to anyone/everyone; groups, couples or individuals. Staff is great and facility is intimate, clean, and ingredients are top quality. I learned a lot about foods too.
excellent pizza class
|Yungnan||Sat, Jan 2 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
I rarely ate pizza and had never made a pizza before, since I always thought pizza is unhealthy and difficult to make at home. This class changed my perception. The method taught was easy to follow and your can use healthy ingredients. I totally love it.
Staff were really friendly and we learned a lot!
|Annecroken||Sat, Jan 2 12:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Great place to take a date!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. Classes have a limited capacity and often sell out. Additionally, if you are planning to book for several people, it's a good idea to purchase tickets well in advance before spots fill up. You can purchase tickets using Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What if I'm coming to the class by myself and am not bringing a pizza partner?
- Not a problem! In this class, you can sign up as an individual or as a team of two. Individual tickets are $195 each, and you'll have your own, individual pizza-making station. We also offer a "Duo Ticket" for this class for $295. Duo tickets are for 2 people and the two of you will share a pizza-making station.
- What is the difference between the two ticket prices?
- The $195 "Individual" ticket covers admission for one person per pizza workstation, and the $295 "Duo" ticket covers admission for two people sharing a pizza workstation.
- How many people will be in the workshop with me?
- To ensure the perfect pizza making experience and individualized attention for all, class size is limited to 16 people maximum.
- Can children of any age attend?
- While a passion for pizza knows no age, we feel that the intensive nature of our classes is best suited for pizza lovers 10 years and older. Because there is beer and wine for sale on our premises, by law children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is 21 or older (and both the child and the adult must have their own ticket). However, private classes for children of all ages can be arranged. Click on the "Contact PizzaaCasa" link to request more information.
- Who will the class leaders be?
- Your class leader will be Mark Bello, founder of Pizza a Casa and/or Neil Lesneski, master pizzaiolo. Pizza a Casa's pizza-making classes have been praised in publications including Gothamist, Time Out NY, Food & Wine, Tasting Table and The NY Daily News-- to name just a few.
- What will we do during the 4 hours of the workshop?
- You'll start by making your own dough from scratch, then go step by step through the process of crafting the perfect pie, all the while sampling pizzas as they emerge hot from the oven. Topics covered include: secrets of the sauce, forming the perfect crust, dressing for success, and much, much more. You'll be amazed by your own talent and your favorite pizza joint will start wondering where you've gone...
- Are any drinks included as part of the ticket price? Can I bring my own?
- Beer, wine and soda are available for purchase. BYOB is not permitted.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed?
- Photography of students with their pizza masterpieces is encouraged. Video taping is not allowed.
- Is the workshop only available in English?
- These workshops are currently only offered in English. Click on the "Contact PizzaaCasa" link to request more information.
- How early should I arrive?
- We'll open our doors 15 minutes prior to class start, and your class will start on time.
- Is there parking available?
- The nearest parking lot is is two and a half blocks north of us at 107 Essex Street (between Delancey and Rivington). Metered street parking is available on Grand Street and on Essex Street.
- Will there be a restroom available?
- Can I bring personal belongings with me? What about luggage?
- Best to bring as little as possible and a BIG appetite! We do have limited space for luggage in the event that you are arriving straight from the airport. Please note Pizza a Casa Pizza School is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- What kind of pizza can we make? Can we make whatever we want?
- We'll provide a diverse list of our favorite pizza possibilities, from classic combos to some unexpected and unforgettable matches, and all the top-shelf ingredients to make them. Students are also welcome to choose from the array of toppings to create the pizza masterpiece of their dreams!
- Do you offer vegetarian or vegan options?
- Our pizza dough contains no meat, dairy or eggs. We'll be by your side during class to make topping suggestions, and we've got something tasty for all palates and preferences.
- Does weather affect the workshop at all?
- Classes will be held rain or shine.
- Do you sell gift certificates for these workshops?
- Yes. A Pizza a Casa Pizza School gift certificate makes the perfect gift for that special pizza person in your life. To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What other things do you offer besides the workshop?
- We offer a Couples Pizza-Making Workshop as well as private group classes, workshops with visiting chefs and more! If you'd like to stay up to date with our offerings, click the "Contact PizzaaCasa" link on the left and ask to be added to our email list. Additionally, we have a retail shop at the front of our classroom which features an expertly curated selection of home pizza making equipment and specialty ingredients are available for purchase.
- What if I want to book a group of people in a class?
- For small groups who want to reserve tickets for any of our weekend classes, call Zerve at 212-913-9787 and they will help you find a class that has adequate space for your group. If you want to buy us out for a private event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-228-5483 for pricing and details on the events that we offer.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tickets must be used for the date and time selected.
- Pizza a Casa class sizes are kept small to maximize the attendee's experience and often sell out. Therefore, we cannot accommodate refunds, reschedules or other changes to your selected date and time. If you absolutely cannot attend the class you booked, your tickets may be used by a friend or family member. Thank you for your understanding!
- Children must be 10 & up and those 16 & under must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21.
- We love kids! But, given the intensive nature of our classes, classes are recommended for children ages 10 and up, and anyone 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old.
Pizza a Casa Pizza School
Trip Advisor rates us in the TOP 100 Attractions in NYC
"If you do one thing in NYC, do this!"
"Great Class, good fun, don't miss this!"
"Fun way to learn to make amazing pizza at home..."
Tasting Table NY says: "If you think you need a wood-burning oven to make restaurant-quality pizza at home, then Mark Bello has something to teach you. Through his company, Pizza a Casa, Bello shows aspiring pizzaiolos how to cook perfect pies in even the shoddiest of apartment ovens."
The NY Daily News says: "Bello has mastered a recipe for dough and a method for getting his oven appropriately hot... The results are on par with what you get out of the city's better artisanal pizza shops. Better still, they can be reproduced in any kitchen."
Epicurious.com says: "I'm not just talking about learning to make pizzas at home. I'm talking about making pizzas that are better than 99.9 percent of the pizzas you'll ever have at a pizzeria or delivered to your home. And Mark Bello will teach you how to make them."
The Village Voice voted us Best Pizza 2010
"...that's why the pies that Mark Bello teaches his students to make at Pizza a Casa are such a revelation. Bello doesn't use a fancy oven (it's set at an attainable 500F), but the crusts that he conjures up are as crisp, chewy, and delicately charred as anything served at a restaurant-- and the best part is that you can easily make it at home."