On this 2-hour dance party cruise, you'll enjoy music from our live band or from our D.J., depending on the chosen genre for the evening. Our cruises feature a variety of different music, such as Country Western, Oldies music and Contemporary music. There's something for everyone!
Leaving from Newburgh, the River Rose is built for your comfort with two decks, a dining room on the climate-controlled main deck and a lounge on the top deck. It also boasts two fully stocked bars and two outdoor observation decks.
Relax and let us do the work while you dance down the magnificent Hudson River aboard the River Rose!
Please see the actual cruise date to determine the music genre for that evening.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended, as cruises may sell out. To be sure you are able to guarantee tickets for the cruise date & time you prefer, we suggest you purchase tickets early.
- What happens if it rains?
- The cruise will run rain or shine. Please feel free to dress accordingly, and note that two indoor areas will be available.
- Where do we go?
- The cruise will leave from Newburgh and go out onto the Hudson River. Since this is an evening cruise, our exact cruise direction will be determined by the Captain based on a variety of conditions on the river.
- How many people can go on a cruise?
- We will take up to 150 passengers on each cruise.
- Can I bring my children? Do I have to pay for a young child?
- Since this is a nighttime dance party cruise, we do not recommend this cruise for children under the age of 14. If you do decide to bring teenagers with you, please note it is the same ticket price for all participants.
- Is there shade or air-conditioning on the boat?
- The boat has both indoor and outdoor areas. Plenty of shade is available and the indoor section is heated or air-conditioned as needed.
- What type of seating is available?
- There is plenty of seating on the boat, both inside as well as on the upper observations deck. Most of the indoor seating consists of tables and chairs and outside there are chairs and a few benches.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Yes, there are two bathrooms on board, one for men and one for women. Please keep in mind that although our bathrooms are not officially wheelchair accessible as they do not have handrails, some handicapped passengers will be able to use them.
- Can I bring food and drinks with me?
- You are welcome to bring your own food, but outside drinks are not allowed. A full service bar is available on board.
- What kind of food and drinks are on board? What’s the price range?
- We have a full service bar on board serving water, soft drinks, beer, wine and cocktails. There are also light snacks available for purchase like chips. Non-alcoholic drinks cost around $2. Alcoholic drinks will range from $4-$8 and a bit more for top shelf liquors. Snacks cost about $1. We accept both cash and credit cards on board but please keep in mind that there is a $10 minimum when using a credit card.
- Is the boat wheelchair/handicapped accessible?
- Yes, standard width wheelchairs should not have a problem getting on the boat. Please keep in mind that handicapped passengers will only have access to the main salon on the lower deck as there is no elevator on board. However, the bathrooms are located on the lower level.
- I’m pregnant. Can I still go on the cruise?
- Absolutely! The ride is usually smooth, stable and gentle and therefore, we do not have any restrictions on pregnant women attending. If you are at all concerned, you should consult your doctor before purchasing your tickets.
- Is there parking available nearby?
- Free parking is available near the meeting location.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- As a United States Coast Guard certified vessel, we have enough life jackets for every passenger, but you will not be required to wear them during the cruise.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Gratuity is not included in the ticket price and is not required, but always appreciated.
- Can I stow anything on the boat?
- Please refrain from bringing large personal belongings like luggage as there is limited storage space on the boat and we will not be able to store them for you.
- Where does the cruise end?
- The cruise will end right back where it started at the River Rose dock on the Newburgh Waterfront.
- Will I get seasick?
- The boat is smooth and stable, so seasickness is extremely rare. Please take appropriate measures prior to boarding if this is a major concern.
- Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is allowed on the outside decks only.
- Can I bring my dog/pet?
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets other than service dogs.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make great gifts for any occasion! If you're interested in purchasing a gift certificate, let us know by clicking “Contact RiverRose.”
- Can I book a private cruise?
- Yes, private charters are available. The River Rose can host any special occasion from corporate outings to weddings! Please let us know what you’re interested in by clicking “Contact RiverRose” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boat is US Coast Guard documented for a certain number of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers must have a ticket for this event.
River Rose Cruises
The River Rose is an authentic 100 foot Mississippi River paddle wheeler. It served as a casino boat in New Orleans prior to coming up to Newburgh and can accommodate 150 passengers plus crew.
Captain John and his lively crew offer cruises for every occasion with Narrated Sightseeing Cruises, Sunday Brunch Cruises, Dinner Cruises and Dance Party Cruises, as well as Special Cruises throughout our season. The boat has two full service bars, a climate-controlled main deck and an upper observation deck to kick back, have a drink and enjoy the weather!
On the River Rose we just have one goal in mind: Make every cruise our passengers attend the cruise of a lifetime!
So come aboard and cruise the beautiful Hudson River in classic Mississippi style!