It's a sailor's Sunday morning delight when you board the Schooner America 2.0 for a brunch cruise to the Statue of Liberty. Relax and enjoy a plentiful buffet spread of fresh-baked NY bagels & pastries, fresh fruit, baked quiche, turkey sausages and a classic New York smoked salmon display. On this two-hour sail to the Statue of Liberty, take in wide-open views of the iconic Manhattan skyline and the monuments and structures that define this great city.
You'll experience the following on your two-hour sail:
- Heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the schooner will pass by Ellis Island and sail out to the Statue of Liberty.
- Wind and time permitting, she will head toward Governors Island, breeze by the Financial District and tease her bow under the Brooklyn Bridge on the East River.
- Complimentary beer, wine, champagne, soda, O.J., hot coffee, and water will be provided, as well as Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
**If you find that this cruise is sold out please see availability on our fellow vessel the Yacht Manhattan, which also has a brunch cruise on Saturdays and Sundays. "The Brunch Cruise can be purchased at a reduced rate excluding food at $59. To obtain these tickets call 212.627.1825 x3"
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fantastic way to see some sights!
|media1||Sun, Jul 26 10:30 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We were really impressed with the brunch sail trip - the food was really good, staff were friendly and the boat was stunning! We were lucky, weather was glorious, so all in all it was a perfect 2 hours!
The only thing we would suggest to make it even better (and its minor) is to have the occasional guide as to what we are seeing (as we didn't have a clue) and/or some chilled music.
|jbunie||Sun, Jul 19 10:30 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
We loved the mostly strong,knowledgable FEMALE crew! Great staff! Brunch was excellent. Bloody Mary mix could be better. It mostly tasted like tomato juice. No kick...
wow what a great experience
|member240||Sun, Jul 12 10:30 AM||Male||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
our group of 5 had such a great experience…..I have already started to recommend this to my friends and plan to take clients on board….great crew and captain
A really nice relaxing day on the water!
|Nbreck||Sun, Jul 5 10:30 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
Service was exceptional. The team really nice. Well organized. Other passengers polite. Food was good. Very relaxing nice day!
Good but food was lacking.
|RobynPaulin||Sun, Jun 14 10:30 AM||Unspecified||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
Ship and cruise were great. However my husband and father Didnt eat anything as they ran out of food. They also had no gluten free options for me, even though I confirmed ahead of time they would have gluten free options. Next time I wouldn't pay for food as the crew didn't check who paid for food and who didn't.
|Dgladkova||Sun, Jun 14 10:15 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Beautifull way to view Manhathan
|JoaoMartins||Sun, Jun 14 10:15 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
Great hospitality. Classic boat and sailing was perfect to see the city skyline.
Relaxing & Pleasant
|Marianna1021||Sun, May 31 10:30 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
I would recommend this sail- it was truly a lovely experience and exceeded my expectations.
|Rackman41||Sun, Oct 5, 14 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
The whole experience was a blast. From the beautiful scenery, to the awesome service by the captain and crew.
This was definitely worth purchasing.
I bought the tickets for my girlfriends 30th birthday, after hearing her talk about wanting to sail the harbor for some time now.
Even though we were both NYC residents and had seen the city and the sights, seeing them from the water aboard a sailing vessel was totally different and awesome.
Highly recommend for tourists and residents. We will definitely do it again!
Brisk Fall Sail
|awslevin||Sun, Oct 5, 14 10:00 AM||Unspecified||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
We sailed on the America 2.0 this past weekend. It was a cold morning, but received a warm greeting by the captain and his four mates. Along with blankets, which was extremely generous. We selected to go on the brunch tour. Honestly, the sailing was terrific, but they could keep the brunch. I woykd recommend selecting a tour without food as it will be less expensive. Though the staff was very attentive, the food was hard and cold and less than ideal. Especially for the inflated price. Also for a two hour sailing tour, I was hoping for a little more sight seeing than the west side of lower Manhattan and Lady Liberty. All and all it was a good experience. On a beautiful fall day. Though I won't be signing up to do it again any time soon.
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait list for our sails, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the sail you are looking for is full, you should also check out cruises aboard the Yacht Manhattan, which does brunch cruises on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 are not recommended for this event. If you wish to sail with Children 2 and under please take them on a regular day sail.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- The schooner America 2.0 is a very popular choice for private charter sailing, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the sail date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking the "Contact SailNYC'" link (Many people also use the "Email a friend" link to send themselves an email, so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- While each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, we do try to follow the following route: heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the schooner passes by Ellis Island and sails out to the Statue of Liberty. The sails occasionally visit the Brooklyn Bridge as well. There are fantastic views of the Financial District and the NYC skyline on the way back to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food served during the sails?
- Food is served on the Sunday Morning Brunch Sail. Freshly Baked NY Bagels: Served with variety of cream cheese and fresh jam Assorted Bakery & Pastries: Including locally sourced muffins and fresh pastries Smoked Salmon Platter: A bountiful display of Nova Scotia Lox, capers, red onion, & tomatoes Cured Sliced Meats & Cheeses: Selection of sliced meats and cheeses accompanied by selected garnishes & dressings. Hot Quiche: Changes weekly to incorporate fresh locally sourced ingredients Manhattan Fruit Exchange Display: A beautiful display of the finest fresh fruit of the day *Coffee, Juice, Tea & Mimosas
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. Our Brunch Sail includes Mimosas, Bloody Mary's, champagne, O.J., beer, wine, sodas, coffee and water. Our Daytime Sail includes beer, soda, and bottled water. Our Sunset and City Lights sails include complimentary champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water. We therefore ask that you do not bring your own drinks on your sail. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Is the Schooner America 2.0 Safe?
- Absolutely. While known for its speed, the Schooner America 2.0 is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets should you feel you need one. There are also private marine heads (bathrooms) and salons below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner America 2.0 is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. However, we cannot officially advise you to take any medication.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with two bathrooms that are accessible at all times. We call them "marine heads" and they are unlike the bathroom you use at home. Using a marine head involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sails will end at the same pier from which they departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) If we are caught in a rain shower we have rain gear available for all of our guests aboard the America 2.0.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Why do they call her Schooner America 2.0?
- The Schooner America 2.0 is named for the boat she is attributed to. Her hull and rigging are designed after the famous Schooner America, which was built in New York Harbor in 1851 and won the World Cup in Britain that same year. However, America 2.0 is not an exact replica; she is constructed with modern materials, thus 2.0.
- What is the difference between the sails on the America 2.0 versus Adirondack?
- The routes and durations of the trips are the same, and of course exceptional views of the two sailing options are very similar. However, prices and vessels are different. The elegant and new America 2.0 is larger (at 105 feet) and faster than her sister ship the Adirondack.
- Is the schooner handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooner is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, a private sail on the Schooner America 2.0 is a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Brunch Sail on the Schooner America and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this sail, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the yellow box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Fast forward to 2011 and Scarano Boat Building in Albany, NY takes classic American values of craftsmanship and efficient design and adds in 21st century concepts--modern materials and eco-friendly propulsion-- and creates the most prestigious state-of-the-art ship of our time, America 2.0.
Sailing on the Schooner America 2.0 is a privilege. She moves through the water effortlessly and beautifully, and we take great pride in sharing her with you. Our staff is known for their amazing hospitality, and are all professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.