You can expect spectacular view of the fireworks from the water while sitting aboard her elegant deck as the Manhattan skyline lights up in celebration of the Fourth of July.
Guests are treated to an open bar of fantastic local beers, soda, wine, and champagne, plus passed hors d' oeuvres!
Some illuminated views along the way will include:
- The New York City skyline from the middle of the grand Hudson River!
- Hundreds of festive boaters out on the water to celebrate our nation's independence!
- The famous Macy's Fourth of July fireworks, shot from the East River!
Climb aboard the America 2.0 and experience the city's most festive summer night!
What Is Not Included?
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- This sail will definitely sell out - please book as early as possible.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait list for our sails, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the sail you are looking for is full, you should also check out cruises aboard the Schooner Adirondack and the Yacht Manhattan - there may be one available!
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38. However, on the Fourth of July, parking may be filled early in the day. We cannot ensure that parking will be available. Taking mass transit and walking to Chelsea Piers my be the best guarantee access.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- You will get excellent views of lower Manhattan from the west side, and spectacular views of the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks!
- Is food served during the Fourth of July Sail?
- Yes - Your ticket includes heavy passed hors d' oeuvres prepared by our chef and an open bar of beer, wine, soda, water and champagne!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. Our sail includes complimentary champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water, and we therefore ask that you do not bring your own drinks on your sail. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Is the Schooner America 2.0 Safe?
- Absolutely. The schooner is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets, should you feel you need one. There are also private marine heads (bathrooms) below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The schooner is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any seasickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take such precautions for motion sickness. However, we cannot officially advise you to take any medication.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Note that there is no reduced rate for children.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems to date with theft or damage.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sails will end at the same pier from which they departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to one hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or get a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some of the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) We have ankle-length, button-down raincoats available for all of our guests in the case we are caught in a rain-shower.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Why do they call her Schooner America 2.0?
- The Schooner America 2.0 is named for the boat she was based on. Her hull and rigging are designed after the famous Schooner America, which was built in New York Harbor in 1851 and won the Worlds Cup in Britian that same year. However, America 2.0 is not an exact replica; she is constructed with modern materials, thus 2.0.
- What is the difference between the sails on the America 2.0 versus Adirondack?
- The viewing area for this event is the same, however the duration of the trip aboard America is longer and passed hors d' oeuvres are included. America is also 25 feet longer and 5 feet wider that Adirondack and holds 50% more guests. She is the newest yacht in the fleet and features the most opulent deck layout and finishings of all our vessels.
- Is the schooner handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooner is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, a private sail on the Schooner America 2.0 is a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the 'Contact SailNYC' link.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- No, since this is a special Fourth of July fireworks sail, gift certificates are not available. Please check out our other regularly scheduled public trips for fantastic gift certificate options!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity runs in light rain or moderate weather, but the seller may cancel up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the event is canceled, ticket-holders will be able to reschedule tickets (there's a chance that the fireworks show and event might be rescheduled to the following evening), receive credit for future events, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Fast forward to 2011 and Scarano Boat Building in Albany, NY takes classic American values of craftsmanship and efficient design and adds in 21st century concepts--modern materials and eco-friendly propulsion-- and creates the most prestigious state-of-the-art ship of our time, America 2.0.
Sailing on the Schooner America 2.0 is a privilege. She moves through the water effortlessly and beautifully, and we take great pride in sharing her with you. Our staff is known for their amazing hospitality, and are all professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.