Sit back & enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory of these yachts. One complimentary beverage (including soda, juice, coffee, tea, beer, wine, champagne, Bloody Mary, or Mimosa) is included, and additional beverages can be purchased at our onboard bar.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, our route typically includes a complete circumnavigate the entire island of Manhattan. Highlights along the way include:
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
What Is Not Included?
Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Claudine7||Sun, Oct 4 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
Captain was great, crew was lovely. It was just a relaxing enjoyable time.
Best experience we had in New York
|Wandergirl||Sat, Sep 26 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The boat was perfect, althougth we had a beautiful day there was an inside area if the weather is windy or rainy. Less than 30 passengers, plenty of space, allocated seating. The food was all of a very good standard, 4 courses was more than enough and included delicious waffles, salmon, pastries, a ham and roast potatoes..... one free drink included and subsequent drinks were not extortionate. The captain gave a commentary of the sights however when stood outside on the deck it was difficult to hear this, I didn't mind though as did not want to be bombarded by a tour guide. I enjoyed this trip so much and can't recommend it enough. I didn't feel like I had been caught in a tourist trap, all elements were as promised and surpassed what I had expected. We took the trip on our first day out and it felt like a lovely relaxing introduction to NYC and could therefore also be a nice conclusion to a hectic trip in NYC. In addition, the staff were fantastic too..... please keep doing what you're doing because I would like to keep sending UK visitors your way! :)
New boat, same great level of service
|redleila||Sun, Sep 20 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
I do this cruise frequently; first time on Manhattan II which is bigger, newer, let's more light into cabin than the Manhattan for which I have nostalgia as I'm a creature of habit. Light and airy waffles are always a wonder, the lox and bagels remain perfect. Bigger crowd than previously, more international tourists, but still not noisy, crowded, or touristy. Bathrooms immaculate. Staff friendly but low key, very efficient. Do I remember that the desserts used to be more substantive than the cookies, cake, and fruit offered (like maybe a pie)? No one can complain about the volume or quality of the food; it's all well executed standard fare, if not terribly original. A perfect way to see Manhattan from a different angle and enjoy being on the water.
One of the best times EVER in NYC!
|Pastaprinces||Sun, Sep 20 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||Local||Unspecified|
This was a delightful, delicious, and relaxing experience. Signed up impetuously as we had a whole morning in NYC before a matinee. To our surprise and pleasure this was a fantastic trip. The boat was beautiful, the staff was amazing, the food was totally outstanding, the "tour" excellent--and, to top it all off we had a sunny, breezy day! I will do this again and take friends the next time.
Amazing Sunday brunch & tour of Manhattan
|RonClark||Sun, Sep 20 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Went on a sunset wine tasting with Wendy Crispell which was amazing and thought that it could not get any better. I was wrong Sunday brunch tour was better, boat was great, captain and crew were great, food was good ( both quality and quantity), weather was excellent and saw views of Manhattan that I have never seen. I also learned more about the city. Good experience and have recommended it to everyone.
relax and enjoy the moment
|norm32||Sat, Sep 19 10:00 AM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
a great way to sit back and enjoy a laid back NY sat morning with a great view of the city coupled with a delicious buffet while visiting the Big Apple -- this boat cruise was just what my wife and I needed as we toured the city for 5 days -- to top it off the crew was as laid back as the cruise as they provided great service --- great cruise at a great price
A M A Z I N G!!
|ohjoliedame||Sun, Sep 13 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Other|
We thought we were going to be on what is seen in the photo's but to our surprise, they have a new boat - it's gorgeous! They do everything in a timely manner and staff is simply awesome. They are very polite and extremely attentive. The food!? Don't even get me started, it was delicious!! The time they give in between courses is perfect; you don't feel rushed to eat nor bored with what's out. The food is made fresh, you can tell. No corners were cut. The line is kept very clean. I would recommend this to the president.
|danjmonaco||Sun, Sep 13 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
food is great, boat is great and not too crowded, very enjoyable
Great Value for Money
|Nbabey||Sat, Sep 12 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This was a brunch cruise. The boat was very comfortable and the captain was very knowledgeable and kept everyone informed of sites during the cruise. The food was fabulous and there was plenty of it. There were four courses and the staff cleaned tables between courses. Everyone received a free cocktail and an extra Bloody Mary was $10.
I enjoyed myself very much
|MsMarciaA||Sat, Sep 12 10:00 AM||Unspecified||70+||Local||Family Without Children|
The food was great except for a few caveats in the beginning where napkins and cocktail sauce wasn't
provided until I asked for it. Otherwise it was great. I
Was on the deck most of the time and the commentary was very interesting.
- What is on the menu?
- Belgian Waffle Station (features fresh fruits, whipped cream, and NY State maple syrup), Local Freshly Baked NY Bagels, (includes our chefs own flavored cream cheeses including: raisin/honey/walnut, garden vegetable & market fresh herb) Fresh Muffins & Pastries, Smoked Salmon Platter (includes capers, red onion, tomatoes & Italian peppers), Smoked Spiral Brown Sugar Glazed Virginia Ham (served with chopped Manhattan salad composed of baby greens, farm fresh veggies and goat cheese), Our House-made Quiche or Frittata (changes weekly to incorporate fresh locally sourced ingredients served with herb spice pork smoked breakfast sausages), Selection of gourmet freshly brewed coffee, tea & juice
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. If a cruise is sold out for a specific day you are looking for make sure to check out the other Afternoon Events we offer: Bridge, Infrastructure & Architecture Tour, Wine & Cheese Tasting Cruise or our Official AIA NYC Architecture Tour.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. These Yachts are a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC” (Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, the yacht travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The yacht then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A Complimentary beer, wine Champagne, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, soda, coffee, tea or water is offered on all Brunch Cruises. Additional beverages and mixed drinks are available for purchase.
- Is the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts are a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, these yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.