Sit back & enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory of these yachts. One complimentary beverage (including soda, juice, coffee, tea, beer, wine, champagne, Bloody Mary, or Mimosa) is included, and additional beverages can be purchased at our onboard bar.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, our route typically includes a complete circumnavigate the entire island of Manhattan. Highlights along the way include:
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
What Is Not Included?
Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|arron1970||Sat, Nov 21 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
Excellent all round experience - vessel, food, staff and itinerary.
Thoroughly recommended to everyone.
Great sights of NYC along with great food & drink.
|kdmartell||Sun, Oct 18 10:00 AM||Male||60-69||Local||Family Without Children|
We did a fall foliage cruise last year so we knew what to expect in general. The Manhattan II has a nicely appointed cabin that was very comfortable and the crew did their usual great job of basically seeing that everyone got what they asked for in the way of special requests. The brunch in general was very good including the mixed drinks. The captain noted that it wasn't really a guided tour, but he did a great job of making the trip exactly that. Only down side was trying to decide whether to go back in for the next course, or miss one of the sights or bridges on the East River. We thought it was a great experience and would certainly do it again. Kerry & Viola.
Best way to see Manhattan
|laurenandbra||Sun, Oct 18 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We booked this as a 3rd Anniversary present. We were expecting a waffle bar, but were blown away when the crew said it was a four course meal. The first course was a waffle bar with fresh fruit and maple syrup, pastries, and bagels. The second course was sausage and fritattas. The third course was a freshly baked ham and a kale salad. The fourth course was cream puffs with freshly cut melons, pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries. The food was WONDERFUL! There was more than enough for everyone. The ship was beautiful and spacious. The crew was very friendly and knowledgable. We went all the way around Manhattan and saw things that we wouldn't have gotten to see otherwise. They took us right up next to the Statue of Liberty too and came out and took pictures for everyone. We will absolutely do this cruise again! We didn't want it to end.
BEST THING IN NEW YORK CITY
|Kbudigan||Sun, Oct 18 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Hands down, this was the best event that we did while on a Fall Getaway. The Food was fantastic, the yacht is beautiful and it was cozy inside and beautiful outside. Single best photography moments in NYC. Also, great shots of Statute of Liberty. You feel like a VIP from the moment you step aboard. All crew members and Captain were fantastic. Will do again and bring your family.
|staleyd||Sun, Oct 18 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
Good food, friendly service, and a lovely trip around Manhattan.
A memorable experience!
|cmatic3k||Sat, Oct 17 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
I went with a group of friends for my birthday (we are all locals), and I have to say it exceeded all of our expectations. The interior of the Manhattan II yacht was very spacious and bright, and the fall decorations were a nice touch. Eight of us were able to fit comfortably at a large table. The cruise began pretty promptly and the first round of drinks were complimentary, though subsequent drinks were reasonably priced. (They gave me an additional free drink because it was my birthday!)
The food offerings were pretty solid: salmon, cream cheese, and bagels; Belgian waffles (with toppings) and other pastries; sausages, ham, kale salad, and frittatas; and finally, a selection of small desserts (the cream puffs were the MVP). We were all happily full by the time the cruise was over.
In terms of the cruise itself, we first headed south and got great views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the skyline of downtown Manhattan. Circling back up, we passed under all the East River bridges and saw all the sights to be seen from the river (the Midtown skyline, the UN, Roosevelt Island, Randall’s Island, etc.). While you could stay inside the interior dining area, you also had the option to go outside on the deck, which many people did to take pictures.
Overall, my friends and I were impressed by the experience and had a fantastic time! The staff & captain were very friendly and professional and we couldn’t have asked for more.
|emilycwalker||Sat, Oct 17 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I worried that the trip would be too long at almost 3 hours. It was not. Such a cool and relaxing way to tour the city. We shared a table with a local couple. The views, crew and food were so great. We stayed 3 days in NYC and this was by far the best thing we did.
|Gullwing2||Sat, Oct 17 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We booked the brunch cruise for a (special) birthday. It far exceeds our expectations. The boat was beautiful and very clean The seating arrangement was good for groups - there was 4 of us and we had plenty of room The views of Manhattan were amazing and the food was plentiful and well presented I would not hesitate to recommend this tour
First time travel to Manhattan
|REDoogan||Sat, Oct 10 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Good food, relaxed atmosphere, great overview of the city.
Fabulous Brunch on Sea
|welled||Sun, Oct 4 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Fabulous way to discover Manhattan. Super interesting, great views and the food!!!
- What is on the menu?
- Belgian Waffle Station (features fresh fruits, whipped cream, and NY State maple syrup), Local Freshly Baked NY Bagels, (includes our chefs own flavored cream cheeses including: raisin/honey/walnut, garden vegetable & market fresh herb) Fresh Muffins & Pastries, Smoked Salmon Platter (includes capers, red onion, tomatoes & Italian peppers), Smoked Spiral Brown Sugar Glazed Virginia Ham (served with chopped Manhattan salad composed of baby greens, farm fresh veggies and goat cheese), Our House-made Quiche or Frittata (changes weekly to incorporate fresh locally sourced ingredients served with herb spice pork smoked breakfast sausages), Selection of gourmet freshly brewed coffee, tea & juice
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. If a cruise is sold out for a specific day you are looking for make sure to check out the other Afternoon Events we offer: Bridge, Infrastructure & Architecture Tour, Wine & Cheese Tasting Cruise or our Official AIA NYC Architecture Tour.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. These Yachts are a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC” (Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, the yacht travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The yacht then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A Complimentary beer, wine Champagne, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, soda, coffee, tea or water is offered on all Brunch Cruises. Additional beverages and mixed drinks are available for purchase.
- Is the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts are a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, these yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.