Sit back & enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory of these yachts. One complimentary beverage (including soda, juice, coffee, tea, beer, wine, champagne, Bloody Mary, or Mimosa) is included, and additional beverages can be purchased at our onboard bar.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, our route typically includes a complete circumnavigate the entire island of Manhattan. Highlights along the way include:
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
What Is Not Included?
Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great brunch cruise
|Nanci6||Sun, Apr 24 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
I thought the cruise was lovely and everything I expected it to be. The crew and captain were great and the food was good too. The only complaint I would have is that there should be 2 waffle stations away from the buffet because it took a 5 minutes per person to cook them and it held up the line. Other than that! Loved it!
Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise
|Bhaynes||Sat, Apr 23 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The sights, food and service on this 2.5 hr cruise was top-notch! The Cruise Vessel, just one year old provides a comfortable ride, both inside and out. This Brunch Cruise is highly recommended for a leisure weekend outing.
4/23/16 Manhattan Brunch Cruise
|Jmckuin||Sat, Apr 23 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Great time! The food was delicious and an amount provided was amazing. The service was timely and friendly. It was disappointing that we could not hear the captain's commentary on the areas and buildings as we passed by.
4/23/2016 10am Manhattan Brunch Cruise
|vdehaven||Sat, Apr 23 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The food and service was excellent. Kudos to Diana, Sky and Adria who did an awesome job.
The only negative feed back is that it was hard hearing and understanding Martin pointing out the sights inland. We were in the front of the boat at first table on the right. We were very disappointed in that cause we only get to NYC once a year and like to do a walking tour but instead we chose this to do instead this year. :-(
At one point Martin took a break and I believe it was Adria that was speaking and we could hear her loud and clear!!!
We suggest bettering that part of the cruise.
|Werner7||Sun, Apr 17 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Family With Children|
Second time on the Manhattan II boat for a family birthday! My daughter loved it and my son wanted to do it for his birthday and each time we brought family because it's so much fun. The crew and Captain are so friendly. Captain let my kids steer the boat a few minutes. Food is amazing! So much food and so delicious. Go on this cruise around Manhattan! (Best part is northern tip of island)
|Helenagode||Sun, Apr 17 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The tour was really nice. The food was good, fresh and plentiful. I liked that they took out a few courses at a time. Although it was´t a regular information tour, we got some information about things as we went by. It was a new and nice thing to see the city from the water, you get at great view of the skyline, the bridges and the statue of liberty. And you get to se the industrial side of the city as well.
|mariannamonn||Sun, Apr 17 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Beautiful weather, very nice crew and delicious food! Thank you for unforgettable experience
Would do it again! Great value!
|Eliasfamily||Sat, Apr 16 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Delicious food. Kind, fun staff. Clean ship!!!
Fantastic Start to Vacation
|John_Martin||Sat, Apr 16 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The excursion around Manhattan, friendly staff and tourists, and great food, was just what I had hoped for. First time visitor to NYC and this was the best introduction to this wonderful city!
50th Birthday Celebration
|hazees||Sat, Apr 16 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
What a perfect way to celebrate a 50th! We were all pleasantly surprised at how good the food was, and the standard of the boat itself. These sorts of things can be a bit tacky, but the boat was beautifully maintained, and the staff were friendly and welcoming without being overbearing. Highly recommended.
- What is on the menu?
- Belgian Waffle Station (features fresh fruits, whipped cream, and NY State maple syrup), Local Freshly Baked NY Bagels, (includes our chefs own flavored cream cheeses including: raisin/honey/walnut, garden vegetable & market fresh herb) Fresh Muffins & Pastries, Smoked Salmon Platter (includes capers, red onion, tomatoes & Italian peppers), Smoked Spiral Brown Sugar Glazed Virginia Ham (served with chopped Manhattan salad composed of baby greens, farm fresh veggies and goat cheese), Our House-made Quiche or Frittata (changes weekly to incorporate fresh locally sourced ingredients served with herb spice pork smoked breakfast sausages), Selection of gourmet freshly brewed coffee, tea & juice
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. If a cruise is sold out for a specific day you are looking for make sure to check out the other Afternoon Events we offer: Bridge, Infrastructure & Architecture Tour, Wine & Cheese Tasting Cruise or our Official AIA NYC Architecture Tour.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. These Yachts are a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC” (Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, the yacht travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The yacht then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A Complimentary beer, wine Champagne, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, soda, coffee, tea or water is offered on all Brunch Cruises. Additional beverages and mixed drinks are available for purchase.
- Is the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts are a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, these yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.