Sit back & enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory of these yachts. One complimentary beverage (including soda, juice, coffee, tea, beer, wine, champagne, Bloody Mary, or Mimosa) is included, and additional beverages can be purchased at our onboard bar.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, our route typically includes a complete circumnavigate the entire island of Manhattan. Highlights along the way include:
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
What Is Not Included?
Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
A great trip and great food
|sssnnnsss||Sun, Apr 19 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
This is an excellent way to spend a Saturday morning. The food was great, the boat was very nice, and the trip was very interesting. Definitely worth it.
|Carlos1975||Sat, Apr 18 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great views of the NY skyline, Statue of Liberty, bridges etc. Informative commentary from the boat captain without bombarding you with too much information. Plenty of room on the boat, no nudging past people to try and get good photo opps. A very laid back private party atmosphere with great friendly staff and great food and drink. Beautiful hot day when we sailed so I guess that helped a lot. Well worth the money and the time even if you're only in New York for a short time like we were. Best way to see New York, strongly recommend this cruise.
Never fails to deliver a great experience
|emspinkerton||Sat, Apr 18 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This is the forth time I've done this cruise when I have family and friends visiting, they always say it was the best part of their trip :)
Engaging captain/guide on a lovely spring day.
|cowlark||Sun, Apr 12 10:00 AM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
The six of us all enjoyed the trip, the food and the interesting details the captain shared about NYC.
Great experience - Not Crowded - Attentive Crew
|dfwcard||Sat, Apr 4 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
My wife and I were spending a week in NY. I've been there many, many times, but his was her first trip. She initially wanted to take a day trip to the Statute of Liberty. I convinced her that seeing the city was best done on a harbor cruise.
I've taken other harbor cruises like Spirit. This was much better. We didn't feel "packed in" with a crowd of other people. The food was very good and more than enough if you wanted seconds or thirds. It was nice they accepted credit cards at the bar. Do bring a bit of cash to tip the crew. They work their tales off to give you a great experience. One of the crew members offered to take my wife and my picture at the Statute of Liberty. That was a nice touch.
TIP: If you arrive early, there's a coffee shop just beyond the ship's location at the pier. That was good because it was a chilly morning and a place to hang out until boarding started.
A+ Food was topnotch, view and crew were fantastic
|NicoleSigmon||Sat, Apr 4 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
Went with my Parents, Brothers and Husband. Everyone was full of food and thrilled at all the sight seeing we did in one trip!
A+ Food was topnotch, view and crew were fantastic !
Perfect for adults and children
|Allanswatson||Sun, Mar 29 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
We had a friend visiting from London so booked this trip to escape some of the madness of Manhattan. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. The Chef, Wendy, astonished us all with the quality of the food, and the amount of food. We were a group 3 adults and a 5year old little girl. We can't recommend this highly enough for a great brunch with amazing views, a warm and comfortable atmosphere and delicious food.
|reichmeider||Sun, Mar 22 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Great trip, great crew, great food, excellent value.
Great way to see Manhattan and great food!
|AGebel||Sat, Mar 21 10:00 AM||Male||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The boat is beautiful, the crew is great, the sights of Manhattan are breathtaking, and the food is delicious. I would recommend this boat tour to anyone!
Great Cruise and Brunch!
|Silvashc||Sat, Feb 14 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
While it was a cold Valentine's Day, and we unfortunately could not circumvent Manhattan, the brunch cruise was a lot of fun. The food was great, the crew was friendly and the boat has great views from inside, plenty of cabin room and deck space. The shared tables and initiate size of the boat makes it easy to interact with other passengers. The captain gave an informative commentary on some of the key sites along the route.
I look forward to doing the brunch cruise again with some friends when it is a bit warmer. The wine tasting and architecture cruises also look like they would be fun!
I highly recommend this cruise.
- What is on the menu?
- Belgian Waffle Station (features fresh fruits, whipped cream, and NY State maple syrup), Local Freshly Baked NY Bagels, (includes our chefs own flavored cream cheeses including: raisin/honey/walnut, garden vegetable & market fresh herb) Fresh Muffins & Pastries, Smoked Salmon Platter (includes capers, red onion, tomatoes & Italian peppers), Smoked Spiral Brown Sugar Glazed Virginia Ham (served with chopped Manhattan salad composed of baby greens, farm fresh veggies and goat cheese), Our House-made Quiche or Frittata (changes weekly to incorporate fresh locally sourced ingredients served with smoked breakfast sausages), Selection of gourmet freshly brewed coffee, tea & juice
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. If a cruise is sold out for a specific day you are looking for make sure to check out the other Afternoon Events we offer: Bridge, Infrastructure & Architecture Tour, Wine & Cheese Tasting Cruise or our Official AIA NYC Architecture Tour.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. These Yachts are a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC” (Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, the yacht travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The yacht then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A Complimentary beer, wine Champagne, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, soda, coffee, tea or water is offered on all Brunch Cruises. Additional beverages and mixed drinks are available for purchase.
- Is the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on these yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts are a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, these yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.