Sit back and enjoy the gorgeous view of the New York skyline. On this cruise you may hear anything from classic jazz standards by Gershwin, Cole Porter and Duke Ellington, to new renditions of Motown songs, R&B grooves and hits from today! The band DOES take requests, so please ask for your favorite - they may very well know it!
Highlights during this groovy 1.5-hour cruise include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the New York City skyline
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
Climb aboard the Manhattan or Manhattan II and witness the city's beauty and elegance, while enjoying some festive live jazz!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Lisa88||Sun, Jan 17 5:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Relaxing float around Manhattan with great music! Band was tight, and with special guest performer even better. Guy on keyboards was awesome - nice job with that added bass! We had a great time and would definitely do it again! Also only a short walk to our favorite restaurant on 23 - El Quijote. A memorable evening and not too pricy! Thank you!
|CarlyBonet||Sun, Nov 29, 15 6:00 PM||Unspecified||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
Perfect for tourists and locals! What a fun time to share with friends and family!
Nice harbour cruise with jazz music
|TothSommerer||Sun, Nov 15, 15 5:30 PM||Female||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We went on this 1.5 hour harbour cruise to see the lit Manhattan skyline with jazz music on the boat. The boat was very nice, the view was lovely. The champagne unfortunately was served in plastic glasses. The jazz musicians only played two times 30 mins. I would have expected to hear them through the whole 90 minutes (wouldn't be too much in my opinion).
nice boat, clean! Great crew!
|Krisritttenh||Sun, Nov 8, 15 5:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Michael at zerve was very helpful with switching our reservations
|Omalone2||Sun, Nov 8, 15 5:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I decided to book this tour for part of a one-year anniversary weekend in the city with my boyfriend and it was perfect!! We were running late and they let us on no problem (would definitely recommend getting there earlier though) and were super understanding about it. The boat was beautiful, with a cozy ambiance inside and enough room for everyone outside as well. The staff was awesome and super friendly, too-- we got a bottle of wine on board (extremely reasonable prices) and the bartender was always over to fill our glasses within a moment or two of them being empty! Lastly, the band was fantastic. They were really sweet and VERY talented guys and were interacting with all of the guests which I thought was great. The only downside of the whole trip was that it ended! We could have definitely spent all night on that boat! Overall, well worth the ticket prices. I would recommend to anyone and would definitely go again if I make it back to NYC!
Jazz cruise and Manhattan II are crazy-good!!
|joseg33||Sun, Nov 8, 15 5:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Other|
I have been on Classic Harbor Line trips many times. Love it each and every time. This time, my wife and I took my older sister for her bday. We loved the jazz, sipped white wine, ordered a cheese plate, chatted up a storm, took some pics outside with the statue....and marveled at the beauty of the Manhattan II in its fall best. For anyone else who has been on the Manhattan before but not the II yet....GO! So beautiful. Staff perfect as always. Wish I could give more than 5 stars!
COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER!
|KarenGreenaw||Fri, Oct 30, 15 6:45 PM||Female||70+||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
We LOVED our evening jazz cruise on a gorgeous, clear, cool not cold Friday evening. The views were spectacular, jazz a bonus, and definitely a moment to be remembered. Being able to go outside or remain inside was a bonus on the charming Manhattan II. One has not seen NYC w/o viewing it on a night on the water.
I am going to purchase tickets for family members who live in the city to add another dimension to their city lives.
We would definitely do this again.
Highlight of Trip
|hmgjpn||Fri, Oct 23, 15 6:45 PM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I can't imagine a better way to see Manhattan at night. The crew were skilled and friendly, the jazz trio had a great repertoire, and the wine was delicious. The only disappointment was that it ended (right on time) after 90 minutes! Our whole group commented that we could have stayed all night. This will definitely be my number one recommendation for friends and family going to NYC.
|Fayehoward||Fri, Oct 23, 15 6:45 PM||Female||30-39||Unspecified||Unspecified|
We really enjoyed the great music and cruise! The staff and band were really friendly and the boat was beautiful and very comfortable. A great way to spend our last night in New York!
Worth the cost.
|tinaganguly||Fri, Oct 23, 15 6:45 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Unspecified|
Most Excellent! I took my friends from out of town to the cruise. They loved it and said it was the best part of their NY trip!
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Who is in the jazz trio?
- The jazz trio is led by saxophonist, Mike McGarril. The trio also includes organ and drums and they are all regularly performing in New York City.
- Is the band loud?
- The band is loud enough to hear, but not deafening. You will be able to have a conversation with the person next to you and enjoy the music at the same time.
- Is there any other music besides Jazz?
- No, only jazz is featured but if you have a special request such as "Happy Birthday," the band is always happy to oblige.
- Is the music played by the jazz band appropriate for kids?
- Yes, we have had many children enjoy themselves while listening to the jazz band. However, this event is tailored for adults and couples, so if you are bringing children, they must be on their best behavior and a general admission ticket must be purchased for them. There are no reduced rate child tickets for this cruise.
- Are there other events that include Jazz?
- Yes - Our Cocoa & Carols/Holiday Jazz Cruise series features the jazz trio on alternating nights. Also, the New Year's Eve cruise features the trio as well.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- Very young children will not be turned away, but we do not encourage this cruise for young children that may be sensitive to loud, live jazz music. There are no kids tickets or infant tickets available for this cruise. Kids tickets are available on our Statue and Skyline Cruise and Brunch Cruise.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- We will travel south from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River, passing the West Village and Tribeca portion of Hudson River Park. She then rounds Battery Park, heading up the East River to travel under the Brooklyn, Williamsburg, and Manhatttan Bridges. We then make a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before heading north on the Hudson River to return to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food available on the boat?
- No, we do not serve any food on these particular trips. You are more than welcome to bring light snacks or picnic meals on board.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A full bar is available on trips, plus a selection of specialty NY State wines.
- Are these yachts safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the motor yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Also, while very young children will not be turned away, but we do not encourage this cruise for young children that may be sensitive to loud, live jazz music.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Are these yachts handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is the jazz band available for hire on private charters?
- Yes, absolutely! The band would be pleased to serenade your next private party aboard any of our motor yachts.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Luxury Yacht Manhattan Jazz Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.