Sit back and enjoy the gorgeous view of the New York skyline. On this cruise you may hear anything from classic jazz standards by Gershwin, Cole Porter and Duke Ellington, to new renditions of Motown songs, R&B grooves and hits from today! The band DOES take requests, so please ask for your favorite - they may very well know it!
Highlights during this groovy 2-hour cruise include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the New York City skyline
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
Climb aboard the Manhattan or Manhattan II and witness the city's beauty and elegance, while enjoying some festive live jazz!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fun and entertaining evening!
|lisaalmeter||Sun, May 22 7:15 PM||Female||40-49||Unspecified||Unspecified|
The sunset jazz cruise was excellent! We were able to bring our own snacks on board and the music was great background music to conversations. Being so close to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island was great. Highly recommend!
Sunset Jazz Cruise on The Manhattan II
|jhcherco||Sun, May 22 7:15 PM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I visited my lady friend over the weekend and I wanted to do a river cruise. I'd taken part in one several years ago with a corporate function on one of the large ships. I wanted this cruise to be more intimate so when I saw the Sunset Cruises you offered I was sure this was the type of vessel I wanted to take her on. She actually noticed the Jazz Cruise while she was checking out my idea on the link I sent her. The weather was cloudy with rain forecast for the entire weekend which threatened the sunset portion of the cruise but with the glass enclosed cabin we knew we'd still be able to enjoy the trip. On Sunday morning the predicted forecast was calling for at least partial clearing for the early evening hours which promised to provide for a very nice sunset. And that's exactly what happened. The ambiance aboard was terrific. The small number of people on board was just what I was looking for. The music provided a great backdrop for the cruise. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. We shared a bottle of the New York Pinot Noir and it was delicious. Just the right amount for a 2 hour cruise. The setting sun cast incredible light off the Manhattan skyline and silhouetted Ellis Island and Lady Liberty providing for some very nice photos. As the sky light faded into night the lights of the skyline showcased the city and the bridges on the East river. A very memorable evening for sure. The Manhattan II and sister vessel Manhattan are a great option for small groups, 2 - 12, wanting to have a more relaxed and casual setting for a river cruise around the southern end of Manhattan. Should your schedule allow I highly recommend the Jazz cruise, you won't be disappointed. I will recommend the Jazz Cruise or any of the trips offered on either The Manhattan or Manhattan II to anyone I know that is visiting New York. It's a great value and in my opinion no better way to see the city skyline from the water.
Jack from Chicago
Mad about Manhattan
|Stinson8189||Fri, May 20 6:15 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Our evening cruise last Friday on the Manhattan exceeded our every expectation!! We have always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty up close and that we did!! The Manhattan was spotless and gleaming. The crew exceptional. The jazz band added to the whole ambience on board. We would highly recommend the cruise to anyone!!
|Lisamarieeva||Fri, May 20 6:15 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Individual|
Beautiful night out. Great music, drinks & view. Highly recommended
Views were amazing!
|Sreuther||Sun, May 8 6:45 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The Manhattan ll has amazing windows out and above head. There were not many people on our cruise so there were plenty of seats around tables to relax around. Jazz was great and the first and only drink we needed was included! Worth the price and service was outstanding!!
|natalia6460||Sun, May 8 6:45 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
I live in New York so usually don't do the tourist things, but since it was Mother's Day and my folks were coming from out of town I thought itd be something fun. WOW. Such an experience. I'm so glad I didn't pass this up. It was absolutely beautiful and the jazz band rocked it. I highly recommend to anyone who wants a beautiful night
|rolfstoffel||Fri, Apr 29 6:15 PM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great performing jazz during a nice boat trip. We actually booked a sail boat trip. Given the bad weather conditions, we could change the boat. We did not regret it. We perfectly saw the skyline and all touristic spots. On the returning way, we could also see the skyline (and lights) by night.
Great experience and great staff!!
|ekdavis99||Fri, Apr 29 6:15 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Loved everything about it! Will definitely do it agai!!! Fantastic way to see NYC and surrounding area!!!!!
|Lboccher||Sun, Apr 24 6:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
We had an amazing time! Great way to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary!!!
One of best NYC activities!
|BessElder||Sun, Apr 24 6:30 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We come to NYC 3 times a year and have done several cruises. This was our first jazz cruise. Musicians were AWESOME. The inside of the boat was much larger and more comfortable than expected. The crew and service couldn't be better. The timing is perfect: you see the sights in daylight,twilight, and lit up after dark. As a travel consultant I will be enthusiastically recommending this cruise to clients! And did I say the music was fabulous?!?
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Who is in the jazz trio?
- The jazz trio is led by saxophonist, Mike McGarril. The trio also includes organ and drums and they are all regularly performing in New York City.
- Is the band loud?
- The band is loud enough to hear, but not deafening. You will be able to have a conversation with the person next to you and enjoy the music at the same time.
- Is there any other music besides Jazz?
- No, only jazz is featured but if you have a special request such as "Happy Birthday," the band is always happy to oblige.
- Is the music played by the jazz band appropriate for kids?
- Yes, we have had many children enjoy themselves while listening to the jazz band. However, this event is tailored for adults and couples, so if you are bringing children, they must be on their best behavior and a general admission ticket must be purchased for them. There are no reduced rate child tickets for this cruise.
- Are there other events that include Jazz?
- Yes - Our Cocoa & Carols/Holiday Jazz Cruise series features the jazz trio on alternating nights. Also, the New Year's Eve cruise features the trio as well.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- Very young children will not be turned away, but we do not encourage this cruise for young children that may be sensitive to loud, live jazz music. There are no kids tickets or infant tickets available for this cruise. Kids tickets are available on our Statue and Skyline Cruise and Brunch Cruise.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- We will travel south from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River, passing the West Village and Tribeca portion of Hudson River Park. She then rounds Battery Park, heading up the East River to travel under the Brooklyn, Williamsburg, and Manhatttan Bridges. We then make a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before heading north on the Hudson River to return to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food available on the boat?
- No, we do not serve any food on these particular trips. You are more than welcome to bring light snacks or picnic meals on board.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A full bar is available on trips, plus a selection of specialty NY State wines.
- Are these yachts safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the motor yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Also, while very young children will not be turned away, but we do not encourage this cruise for young children that may be sensitive to loud, live jazz music.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of these yachts is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Are these yachts handicap accessible?
- The Manhattans are accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the yachts are not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is the jazz band available for hire on private charters?
- Yes, absolutely! The band would be pleased to serenade your next private party aboard any of our motor yachts.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Luxury Yacht Manhattan Jazz Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Both the Yacht Manhattan and Manhattan II were constructed right here in New York State by Scarano Boat Building. We take great pride in their New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York bees, wines, cheeses, produce and local baked goods aboard their decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, these vessels can accommodate up to 110 guests. They feature an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. They are equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.